Author Topic: Ben Carson (why not)?  (Read 29663 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ben Carson (why not)?
« Reply #325 on: November 10, 2015, 09:32:05 AM »
Let's watch the polls.  He was the national front runner in several polls and I believe he may have taken rCp average, I'm not sure. 

Give it two weeks.  The nonsense about the pyramids and founding fathers alone should be adrquate to shows he's cluless.

As if the voters wanting to keep this country from going down the tubes are wringing their hands about Carson's opinion about pyramids being used to store grain per the Genesis account of Joseph.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #326 on: November 10, 2015, 09:39:19 AM »
Carson said people in cities don't need semi auto guns. 

Nothing to do with pyramids.  He's an anti gun candidate. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: November 10, 2015, 11:01:00 AM »
“You go back to the very first chapter in the Bible -- and I’m not a hard and fast person who says the Earth is only 6,000 years old -- but I do believe in the six-day creation,” he said.

Seems Cruz is just as nutty:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-atheists_5640b613e4b0411d30719f52

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: November 10, 2015, 11:46:15 AM »
Seems Cruz is just as nutty:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-atheists_5640b613e4b0411d30719f52

"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander-in-chief of this country," responded Cruz.

What an arrogant douchebag

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #329 on: November 10, 2015, 12:37:27 PM »
"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander-in-chief of this country," responded Cruz.

Yeah.  How dare that man have an opinion. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #330 on: November 10, 2015, 12:48:30 PM »

Maybe he has homosexual fantasies about being on his knees every morning.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: November 10, 2015, 01:06:17 PM »
Yeah.  How dare that man have an opinion. 

having an opinion isn't the problem, it's what the opinion is. You can have the opinion child abuse is ok, but your opinion and you by extension ..are messed up. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2015, 01:09:44 PM »
having an opinion isn't the problem, it's what the opinion is. You can have the opinion child abuse is ok, but your opinion and you by extension ..are messed up. 

Yes, having an opinion that child abuse is ok would make that person pretty screwed up.  That said, I don't see a reasonable comparison between child abuse and a person's sincerely held religious beliefs.

I don't agree with Cruz's opinion, but I also don't think he's an arrogant douchebag because of that opinion.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: November 10, 2015, 01:12:55 PM »
Yes, having an opinion that child abuse is ok would make that person pretty screwed up.  That said, I don't see a reasonable comparison between child abuse and a person's sincerely held religious beliefs.

I don't agree with Cruz's opinion, but I also don't think he's an arrogant douchebag because of that opinion.   

To eliminate someone from holding an office because they don't share your personal belief in a particular religion? A belief that you can't prove is true? Yeah... douche bag

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2015, 01:16:39 PM »
To eliminate someone from holding an office because they don't share your personal belief in a particular religion? A belief that you can't prove is true? Yeah... douche bag

Different stokes.  I understand his rationale.  I would personally eliminate anyone who wants to tax people at 90 percent.  That's obscene.  It's stealing.  But I wouldn't call Bernie Sanders a douchebag. 

It's partly about respecting differences.  People can be wrong without being evil (or a douchebag). 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2015, 01:20:17 PM »
Different stokes.  I understand his rationale.  I would personally eliminate anyone who wants to tax people at 90 percent.  That's obscene.  It's stealing.  But I wouldn't call Bernie Sanders a douchebag. 

It's partly about respecting differences.  People can be wrong without being evil (or a douchebag). 

I think raising taxes and declaring people who don't share your personal belief in a god unfit for office two different things. It's similar to saying black people shouldn't be allowed in the same restaurants. Believing someone is inferior to you because they are different, is much different in my opinion than someone who holds a different opinion on taxation. One could just be ignorant of financial issues, the other... a douchebag.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2015, 02:36:34 PM »
I think raising taxes and declaring people who don't share your personal belief in a god unfit for office two different things. It's similar to saying black people shouldn't be allowed in the same restaurants. Believing someone is inferior to you because they are different, is much different in my opinion than someone who holds a different opinion on taxation. One could just be ignorant of financial issues, the other... a douchebag.

He didn't say they are inferior.  He's talking about qualifications. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: November 10, 2015, 02:39:30 PM »
Different stokes.  I understand his rationale.  I would personally eliminate anyone who wants to tax people at 90 percent.  That's obscene.  It's stealing.  But I wouldn't call Bernie Sanders a douchebag.  

It's partly about respecting differences.  People can be wrong without being evil (or a douchebag).  

Entirely overrated. You say his proposed "stealing" is "obscene" (and I completely agree), yet you feel obligated to respect it?

How are we defining respect here?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2015, 02:43:49 PM »
what companies are doing to the US is obscene, the fucking corporate tax evaders live off the back of the taxpayers.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2015, 02:58:47 PM »
Entirely overrated. You say his proposed "stealing" is "obscene" (and I completely agree), yet you feel obligated to respect it?

How are we defining respect here?

Respecting the person.  Separate the act from the person.  I think taxing someone at 90 percent is immoral.  But I'm able to separate my vehement disagreement with that policy position from Bernie Sanders the person. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: November 10, 2015, 03:09:44 PM »
Respecting the person.  Separate the act from the person.  I think taxing someone at 90 percent is immoral.  But I'm able to separate my vehement disagreement with that policy position from Bernie Sanders the person. 

I see. That's fair, I suppose. For politics. Do we apply this elsewhere, too? Meaning, I'd have trouble separating, say, a murder from the murderer. Extreme case, but only for clarification.

Do you think most anti-Obama conservatives respect him as a person?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: November 10, 2015, 03:19:10 PM »
I see. That's fair, I suppose. For politics. Do we apply this elsewhere, too? Meaning, I'd have trouble separating, say, a murder from the murderer. Extreme case, but only for clarification.

Do you think most anti-Obama conservatives respect him as a person?

I try and apply it wherever I can.  I think we can still separate a murder from the murderer, although that does not mean we don't hold the person accountable.  Would also depend on how the crime happened, etc.  Cannot say that for all crimes.  At least in my eyes.  

No I don't think most anti-Obama conservatives respect him as a person.  That's been the nature of politics for decades.  Republicans demonized and hated Bill Clinton.  Democrats demonized and hated Bush.  That said, there are plenty of reasons to dislike Obama as a leader, including his dishonesty and incredibly poor leadership.  I think he's a horrible leader, but not a bad person.    

I think I posted an opinion piece on here many years ago about how we have gone from right and wrong on the issues to good versus evil.  Will try and find it.  

Edit:  here it is:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=149392.0

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: November 10, 2015, 04:31:50 PM »
carson is a flawed candidate in a lot of ways.

i hope repub voters realize this and put up a Cruz instead. 

you put carson in a national race, 3-4 months into sleeping in hotels and meeting strangers, he will say some insane shit that'll cost him the election.  Hilary is a robot and far less likely to do so.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #343 on: November 10, 2015, 05:36:15 PM »

you put carson in a national race, 3-4 months into sleeping in hotels and meeting strangers, he will say some insane shit that'll cost him the election.  Hilary is a robot and far less likely to do so.

Ummmm.... He's already in a national race. So far, so good.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #344 on: November 11, 2015, 06:43:19 AM »

I like Rubio as well and thinks he really shines in the debates but I can't see him being as strong, forceful and persuasive as Cruz when dealing with other world leaders like Putin. I can't really explain why. I have a feeling it's an unfair and emotional response to Rubio because he looks so young and boyish. Cruz looks all business and he's highly educated and intelligent.

People like Trump. They say they want a change. But I think when push comes to shove and the way the world is today, they are going to want someone that's sober, solid and knows the issue inside and out. Trump is a gamble. Cruz is solid. He has political experience. Trump has none.  I would feel very secure and confident with Cruz leading this country. He's the best that's currently out there.

I like Ben Carson but never took him seriously as a presidential candidate.

(Had the TV on while typing this and someone just questioned Cruz about saying two times about eliminating the Dept of Commerce when listing departments that should be eliminated. He just responded that the Dept of Commerce is so egregious and full of cronyism that it should be eliminated twice. LOL!)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: November 11, 2015, 09:21:54 AM »
rubio is smart, and he speaks quickly.   I'm a bright fccker and I have to do double takes when he speaks sometimes, to process everything he says.   Reminds me of Dubya bush when he was governor - bright as shit but spoke a tad too quickly for the masses.  bush learned to slow it down in 99 for the election. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: November 24, 2015, 06:19:03 PM »
To become a neurosurgeon, you certainly have to be smart. Politics is a different story and it involves other attributes aside from sheer intelligence.

"1"

Months ago.... you were 100% correct.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #347 on: November 25, 2015, 03:58:16 PM »
rubio is smart, and he speaks quickly.   I'm a complete fucking moron and I have to do quadruple takes when he speaks sometimes, to process everything he says.   Reminds me of Dubya bush when he was governor - bright as shit but spoke a tad too quickly for the masses.  bush learned to slow it down in 99 for the election. 

?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: November 25, 2015, 04:32:59 PM »
?

when rubio speaks legislatively about deeper topics, he uses a lot of big words and uses them quickly.

Trump and carson speak slowly and use small, simple words.  "make america great" plays way better with stupid people, than "restore America's geopolitical influence" .

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #349 on: November 25, 2015, 04:46:43 PM »
Btw, Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans!