Author Topic: Contest day  (Read 59394 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Contest day
« Reply #300 on: August 13, 2015, 04:28:00 AM »
Well, I find this board to be overwhelmingly secular and even anti-religious. Many here seem to
take genuine offense towards people of faith. And when discussing Israel and the Jewish people ,
especially one's unabashed and rabid support of their country and their people, you can't
ignore the religious aspect of it. Normally I would be all over this as discussions and debates on
these types of topics are right up my alley but I am somewhat familiar with your views on Israel
so I figure I'd spare you a lot of head shaking and eye-rolling. Besides, such a serious and grave
subject as this will high jack this thread.

Suffice to say that I believe America and Israel has a special intertwining relationship as our country was
founded on Judeo Christian ethics. And so goes Israel so goes America and vice versa. America has been a
very blessed country and it seems that many Arab countries have been inversely proportionately cursed.
I am not so sure it is a coincidence.

"I'll bless those who bless you, but I'll curse the those who curses you, and through you all the people of the earth will be blessed."

Genesis 12:3     (Mass forum head shaking and eye-rolling)
If I was grading a paper I'd give you 5/10. But, if I was listening to a (political) speech, I'd give you 8/10.  :)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #301 on: August 13, 2015, 04:33:15 AM »
Like you, my favourite Kiwi....
A former GF of mine emigrated to NZ. We still correspond through social media from time to time.
But when I mentioned she used to adore it doggystyle, she didn"t respond for a while.... ;D
Maybe her present husband reads her posts too........
Few days back she responded, but from another account.
She's one horny little bitch.....promises for a summer vacation..... :P

are you saying that you would like nzmm to cream pie her and then send you pics on snapchat?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #302 on: August 13, 2015, 04:48:55 AM »
Pellius, can you clarify what you mean by " it seems that many Arab countries have been disproportionately cursed, I'm not so sure it is a coincidence" ?
I'm guessing not the oil-rich Arab countries, but the ones who haven't been given the same monies that Israel has been fortunate to have received.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #303 on: August 13, 2015, 05:48:29 AM »
If I was grading a paper I'd give you 5/10. But, if I was listening to a (political) speech, I'd give you 8/10.  :)

Not sure how to take that. When I think of a political speech I think of someone promoting an agenda. I was expressing how I really think, feel and genuinely believe about this topic knowing that I will be in the minority and even induce anger and resentment.

For a Christian, Jews and Israel aren't just any other race and any other nation. God had to born into a race and a nation and he chose Jews and Israel. We believe that Jews are God's chosen people. This doesn't mean they are better than everybody else and are granted special privileges. Rather they are held to a higher standard and have more responsibilities. So when I see a practicing Jew in real life something in me reminds me this is not just anybody. Maybe it's like when a military man comes across a Navy Seal or Special Forces guy. They realize this is no ordinary soldier. And if I ever have the honor and privilege to go to Israel I will also realize that I
am not standing on just any piece of land. I'm standing on sacred land.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #304 on: August 13, 2015, 05:56:43 AM »
Pellius, can you clarify what you mean by " it seems that many Arab countries have been disproportionately cursed, I'm not so sure it is a coincidence" ?

"I'll bless those who bless you, but I'll curse the those who curses you, and through you all the people of the earth will be blessed."

Genesis 12:3 

God was speaking to Abraham and referring to the Jewish people and the land of Israel.

Even in oil rich countries the ordinary people suffer. Saudi Arabia is probably one of the most repressive countries in the world. When I was there working for the DOD I witness a ten year old boy get his hand cut off for stealing some fruit. The people just watched with approval.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: August 13, 2015, 06:29:36 AM »
Sev is banned?
Ha, good. Skinny ass bird face guy served 0 purpose anyway.
Suck it sev you turd.
He will be back soon.  :) So don't get too cocky. Why are you so catty???

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2015, 07:05:21 AM »
Not sure how to take that. When I think of a political speech I think of someone promoting an agenda. I was expressing how I really think, feel and genuinely believe about this topic knowing that I will be in the minority and even induce anger and resentment.

For a Christian, Jews and Israel aren't just any other race and any other nation. God had to born into a race and a nation and he chose Jews and Israel. We believe that Jews are God's chosen people. This doesn't mean they are better than everybody else and are granted special privileges. Rather they are held to a higher standard and have more responsibilities. So when I see a practicing Jew in real life something in me reminds me this is not just anybody. Maybe it's like when a military man comes across a Navy Seal or Special Forces guy. They realize this is no ordinary soldier. And if I ever have the honor and privilege to go to Israel I will also realize that I
am not standing on just any piece of land. I'm standing on sacred land.

5/10 grading was for scattered, ill-constructed argument. As for your belief in God and Jews... well, that's romantic. Early leaders, and, now, Bibi could not/can't afford such affectations - Israel would not be a country without both pragmatism and violence. The fact that you have not yet visited Israel is telling. Perhaps that is part of the romance. Travel! L'chaim!

/pretty good is ari shavit's 'my promised land.' a bit purple in places, and more personal (he's a journalist) than academic, but not a bad read about Israel's contradictory nature.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #307 on: August 13, 2015, 07:39:15 AM »
God cursed them lol. ::) I thought that was what you meant...just wanted to be sure.

This is the typical, selfish, religious mind that people have. God blessed me, but cursed those other people. We are special. They are not. God answered my prayers because I am special. Oh well, that he didn't answer the millions of other prayers.
X

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #308 on: August 13, 2015, 07:47:54 AM »
This is the typical, selfish, religious mind that people have. God blessed me, but cursed those other people. We are special. They are not. God answered my prayers because I am special. Oh well, that he didn't answer the millions of other prayers.

Anytime a thread turns to religion, you can be sure that SF is gonna ride in on his little hobby-horse for some ride-by commentary.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #309 on: August 13, 2015, 07:49:45 AM »
Anytime a thread turns to religion liberalism, guns or hunting, you can be sure that SF AJ is gonna ride in on his little hobby-horse for some ride-by commentary.

Here, broskie, I fixed it so it accurately represents you as well.

I guess its okay to knock liberals, but we cant knock religion, huh? I guess religion holds some "sacred ground" that we can't touch, huh?  :-\ :-\
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: August 13, 2015, 07:59:34 AM »
He will be back soon.  :) So don't get too cocky. Why are you so catty???

C'ause, I doN't forget people who tell me to fuck off when I give them props. So fuck that guy, he can die and eat shit.

And besides, his physique is a total joke for the drug abuser he is, just another delusional idiot. Yet you sure love to defend him and praise the guy. Guess we gotta have a good samaritan here and that person is often you.
?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #311 on: August 13, 2015, 08:02:58 AM »
Here, broskie, I fixed it so it accurately represents you as well.

I guess its okay to knock liberals, but we cant knock religion, huh? I guess religion holds some "sacred ground" that we can't touch, huh?  :-\ :-\

We all have our hobby-horses. Start a thread on IIFYM versus "who cares" and see how fast TA rides in.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2015, 08:13:41 AM »
Even funnier when you consider the history of the Jewish people. "Blessed" isn't the first word that comes to mind. Maybe God was just having a bit of a laugh with the holocaust.

a

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #313 on: August 13, 2015, 08:25:40 AM »
Even funnier when you consider the history of the Jewish people. "Blessed" isn't the first word that comes to mind. Maybe God was just having a bit of a laugh with the holocaust.

There is so much wrong with what pellius wrote, I'm not even going to bother giving a response. :-\ :D

dr.chimps pretty much sums it up though. Romanticizing an entire race/people/land/religion is equally as moronic as hating an entire race/people/land/religion.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2015, 08:32:23 AM »
There is so much wrong with what pellius wrote, I'm not even going to bother giving a response. :-\ :D

dr.chimps pretty much sums it up though. Romanticizing an entire race/people/land/religion is equally as moronic as hating an entire race/people/land/religion.

On that subject, there has always been a verse in Romans which seems to infer that Jehovah is very selective of who he 'blesses': Rom 9:13 "As it is written, Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated..."

Calvinist Christians (who basically believe that God has chosen to save people that he loves, and damn the rest for eternity) love this verse for obvious reasons lol.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: August 13, 2015, 08:33:29 AM »
On that subject, there has always been a verse in Romans which seems to infer that Jehovah is very selective of who he 'blesses': Rom 9:13 "As it is written, Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated..."

Calvinist Christians (who basically believe that God has chosen to save people that he loves, and damn the rest for eternity) love this verse for obvious reasons lol.

For some reason I had thought that maybe, just maybe, you were somehow including CalvinH into your post, but yet again he has been left out.

Not good...

"1"

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #316 on: August 13, 2015, 11:30:27 AM »
Shall we continue the outing?  ;D

That face  :D

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #317 on: August 13, 2015, 11:33:05 AM »

max grade F+
"

Simple Simon

« Reply #318 on: August 13, 2015, 11:33:19 AM »
 ::)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: August 13, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »
Did someone smash your face in? You look rough to put it mildly

Simple Simon

« Reply #320 on: August 13, 2015, 11:38:31 AM »
Did someone smash your face in? You look rough to put it mildly
I was dieted down I get a lean face, you should try it sometime.   ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: August 13, 2015, 11:40:39 AM »
I was dieted down I get a lean face, you should try it sometime.   ;D
lean faceis one thing.. You are plain butt ugly  :-X

Simple Simon

« Reply #322 on: August 13, 2015, 11:42:24 AM »
lean faceis one thing.. You are plain butt ugly  :-X
Its a bad picture mate.   ;D

Im quite handsome if the light hits me right.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #323 on: August 13, 2015, 11:56:58 AM »
Be There/Jeff/whatever looking ripped there! Who is here to judge 'looks' FFS? If thats year round then fair play dude ...
T

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #324 on: August 13, 2015, 11:59:36 AM »