Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 592116 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #1500 on: September 23, 2015, 11:57:38 AM »
  I think we can all agree on just one thing:  There is a difference between losing weight (mere pounds) and losing weight while adding muscle or muscle tone.
You could lose 30 pounds eating Doritos or eating chicken breast but you won't look the same.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1501 on: September 23, 2015, 11:58:27 AM »
what would you deem as healthy fat? if at all ? what is the effect on the internal organs. How much fat is in your body now and how do you test it?(Blood test) no you can´t just eat anything..a calorie is a calorie but the effects on your body are dynamic.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1502 on: September 23, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »
  I think we can all agree on just one thing:  There is a difference between losing weight (mere pounds) and losing weight while adding muscle or muscle tone.
You could lose 30 pounds eating Doritos or eating chicken breast but you won't look the same.
yes you won´t look the same

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1503 on: September 23, 2015, 12:17:35 PM »
2015 Mr. Olympia:  My Question for Vince G
    Hey Guys,
        I fully understand that the Venerable Vince G has been on GetBig far longer than I could ever hope to be and that he has long provided "inside" information
but I myself, am getting just a bit tired of his prognostications.
        I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but my memory of my interaction with Vince regarding Kai Green "Pre-Olympia" went something like this:
        Vince- Kai is going down to Florida ( real news breaker as if no one watches Kai on his own social media).  Kai has good advisors.  Kai is a good business man
and knows what he is doing.  Kai doesn't need to compete in the Mr. Olympia.
        Harley-  Kai must compete in the Mr. Olympia if he has any sense of business.  No one but a fool would miss the sport's biggest event at which to launch their own
brand new supplement line.  Also, he isn't making his MHP- $40-$44K per month so each month he doesn't sign with a company or sell his "product" (no, not what is under
the white towel) he is actually losing big money (Vince responded with $40 K is NOT big money to Kai).  I also noted that any financial investor would want to kill Kai if he
failed to launch the product at the Mr. O.  Also, the prize money for at least 2nd Place is nothing to sneeze at.

Well, low and behold what happened?  Kai, in his infinite selfishness and egocentric manner, refused to sign the IFBB contract despite Robin Chang extending the deadline
several times.  Remind me later to discuss my private conversation with Robin.  Are you aware that he was attempting to negotiate a big booth at the Expo FREE OF CHARGE and
he didn't even want to pay the Union fees?  Let me tell you from personal business experience in Las Vegas, you WILL pay all Union "fees and costs" or your stuff is stuck sitting in a factory
driveway and "can't be located at this time."  Who the hell is Kai to dictate business practices that are required for everyone else?  His sense of entitlement has made him the most difficult person
in all of bodybuilding with whom to deal.  His investors have to be furious!!!  It's your company, your face and you aren't there???  Forget that Phil Heath was off and perhaps this was the time
for Kai to win the Mr. O and the $400K.  If you invested in a brand solely based on the face of the brand (no one here actually thinks that Kai Greene has created a new supplement that actually
works and has never been discovered before) and that face never showed up, you would kill him.
      Imagine that you invest your money in Dale Earnhardt and he doesn't bother to show up to race at the Indy 500.  Is that smart business?  And remember, the market for bodybuilding
products which Kai can effectively move is smaller than the market for NASCAR.  Kai needed the Mr. Olympia, the Mr. Olympia did not need Kai.
      So, the Venerable Vince G is now left to defend his position that Kai not actually competing is GOOD business for his brand new line.
Harley

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #1504 on: September 23, 2015, 01:04:42 PM »
Mr. Breite: I was wrongly accused yesterday of posting family pictures of a getbig member on the boards. It led to me being banned until 5 minutes ago. Should we sue him for slander?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1505 on: September 23, 2015, 01:15:20 PM »
Mr. Breite: I was wrongly accused yesterday of posting family pictures of a getbig member on the boards. It led to me being banned until 5 minutes ago. Should we sue him for slander?

Dear Potatank,
  Given that slander is the oral defamation of character, I am not sure that civil charge would apply here.
Harley

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #1506 on: September 23, 2015, 01:16:17 PM »
Dear Potatank,
  Given that slander is the oral defamation of character, I am not sure that civil charge would apply here.
Harley

:( :( :( then I may need rep when I beat him up  >:( :D

youre a good guy Harley  :)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1507 on: September 23, 2015, 01:18:02 PM »
I am always here to give legal advice to fellow GetBiggers if I can.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #1508 on: September 23, 2015, 01:19:26 PM »
:( :( :( then I may need rep when I beat him up  >:( :D

youre a good guy Harley  :)
lål

Harley thats a pretty  good post about kai..vikce just likes to pretend he is in the know

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1509 on: September 23, 2015, 01:21:27 PM »
lål

Harley thats a pretty  good post about kai..vikce just likes to pretend he is in the know

Dear Kim Jong Bob,
  Thank you.  Vince G took me on so I thought now I would respond given that the facts are now public.
  I didn't mean to challenge one of your beloved guys but I just sensed something in the tone in which he wrote to me.
Harley

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1510 on: September 23, 2015, 01:48:25 PM »
Dear Kim Jong Bob,
  Thank you.  Vince G took me on so I thought now I would respond given that the facts are now public.
  I didn't mean to challenge one of your beloved guys but I just sensed something in the tone in which he wrote to me.
Harley

Beloved isn't the correct term to describe Vince. Scorned, ridiculed and openly mocked are more appropriate.

Although with a little humility that could change, but in reality Vince trolls the board.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1511 on: September 23, 2015, 01:51:56 PM »

Beloved isn't the correct term to describe Vince. Scorned, ridiculed and openly mocked are more appropriate.

Although with a little humility that could change, but in reality Vince trolls the board.
shut up let him speak

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1512 on: September 23, 2015, 01:56:43 PM »
shut up let him speak

Donny, are there things?

Goodrum has read this thread 100x by now, he loves the attention. As soon as he figures out a response where he can own himself he will respond.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1513 on: September 23, 2015, 02:01:50 PM »
Donny, are there things?

Goodrum has read this thread 100x by now, he loves the attention. As soon as he figures out a response where he can own himself he will respond.
OK no problem

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1514 on: September 23, 2015, 06:03:00 PM »
    Hey Guys,
        I fully understand that the Venerable Vince G has been on GetBig far longer than I could ever hope to be and that he has long provided "inside" information
        I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but my memory of my interaction with Vince regarding Kai Green "Pre-Olympia" went something like this:
        Vince- Kai is going down to Florida ( real news breaker as if no one watches Kai on his own social media).  Kai has good advisors.  Kai is a good business man
        Harley-  Kai must compete in the Mr. Olympia if he has any sense of business.  No one but a fool would miss the sport's biggest event at which to launch their own
brand new supplement line.  Also, he isn't making his MHP- $40-$44K per month so each month he doesn't sign with a company or sell his "product" (no, not what is under
the white towel) he is actually losing big money (Vince responded with $40 K is NOT big money to Kai).  I also noted that any financial investor would want to kill Kai if he
failed to launch the product at the Mr. O.  Also, the prize money for at least 2nd Place is nothing to sneeze at.

Well, low and behold what happened?  Kai, in his infinite selfishness and egocentric manner, refused to sign the IFBB contract despite Robin Chang extending the deadline
several times.  Remind me later to discuss my private conversation with Robin.  Are you aware that he was attempting to negotiate a big booth at the Expo FREE OF CHARGE and
he didn't even want to pay the Union fees?  Let me tell you from personal business experience in Las Vegas, you WILL pay all Union "fees and costs" or your stuff is stuck sitting in a factory
driveway and "can't be located at this time."  Who the hell is Kai to dictate business practices that are required for everyone else?  His sense of entitlement has made him the most difficult person
in all of bodybuilding with whom to deal.  His investors have to be furious!!!  It's your company, your face and you aren't there???  Forget that Phil Heath was off and perhaps this was the time
for Kai to win the Mr. O and the $400K.  If you invested in a brand solely based on the face of the brand (no one here actually thinks that Kai Greene has created a new supplement that actually
works and has never been discovered before) and that face never showed up, you would kill him.
      Imagine that you invest your money in Dale Earnhardt and he doesn't bother to show up to race at the Indy 500.  Is that smart business?  And remember, the market for bodybuilding
products which Kai can effectively move is smaller than the market for NASCAR.  Kai needed the Mr. Olympia, the Mr. Olympia did not need Kai.
      So, the Venerable Vince G is now left to defend his position that Kai not actually competing is GOOD business for his brand new line.
Harley

Kai doesn't need to compete in the Mr Olympia because he's saved his money wisely.  However, I cannot answer as to the reason he did not compete or the circumstances.  Your guess is good as mine.  All of that stuff regarding a booth is just speculation....even Robin Chang did not comment on the matter.  I will say that Kai made the same amount of money this weekend as Craig Richardson who didn't earn one red cent with his placing in the 212. 

Dynamic Muscle is going to be a highly successful company and its one that will support Kai's lifestyle after he retires.
A

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #1515 on: September 23, 2015, 06:25:13 PM »
    Hey Guys,

Harley

Harley - Does it make you feel better to score debating points against someone like Vince who is obviously intellectually challenged and somewhat "off"? Who's next on your list? Jason Genova? I realize that open-admissions schools like Rutgers, New York Law School and Temple may have left you feeling somewhat educationally inadequate but picking on a guy with "issues" isn't cool. I respect the work you do with the retards but I hope you aren't verbally humiliating them when the camera is turned off. I don't see why you feel it's acceptable to do so to Vince.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1516 on: September 23, 2015, 06:28:45 PM »

Kai doesn't need to compete in the Mr Olympia because he's saved his money wisely.  However, I cannot answer as to the reason he did not compete or the circumstances.  Your guess is good as mine.  All of that stuff regarding a booth is just speculation....even Robin Chang did not comment on the matter.  I will say that Kai made the same amount of money this weekend as Craig Richardson who didn't earn one red cent with his placing in the 212. 

Dynamic Muscle is going to be a highly successful company and its one that will support Kai's lifestyle after he retires.

How would you possibly know how anyone, let alone Kai has done with their money? No one in their right mind would share this info with the likes of you.

Melvin, stop pulling facts out of your Melvin.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1517 on: September 23, 2015, 07:14:28 PM »
Dear Pellius,
  It's nice to hear from you again.  
  Oh, I don't claim to have copyright to misfortune and I, like so many others, have trouble reconciling how a God could permit
such massive tragedy.  
  Your question as to whether or not God is good is interesting given your aforementioned opinion that the universe is not random.
  Might I offer this:  If, as you believe the universe is NOT random AND God DOES exist, then God, by virtue of his omnipotence, is NOT
                             and does NOT permit "randomness."  Therefore, God not only permits such inexplicable maladies and suffering, but
                             it is also his design and intent.
                             We are now left with the question as to whether or not God is good.
                             With the ability to create any utterly completely Utopian universe God desires, he chose to create one in which most suffer and all suffer on a frequent
                             basis.  
                             Now, how does one conclude that God is good?
  This is just a thought of mine and certainly can not be proved (or disproved) in any way.
  I think it was Christopher Hitchens who said, "That which can be asserted without evidence , can be dismissed without evidence."
Harley

Oh no, I believe that things are very random. So much of life happens purely by chance. Being born in the U.S. and being born in Dafur will make much more a difference in your life than how intelligent or physically gifted you are -- which in itself happens purely by chance. A boy about a week ago got hit by a car dead on killing him on the spot. It was a road that is usually deserted and rarely has any traffic. When I think about the chances, all the events that had to have taken place, for that boy to be at that exact spot at the exact time that one car was passing... I mean, you couldn't plan it even it you wanted to. We're talking about maybe a three second window.

On the other hand, if while exploring the planet Mars we had come across a calculator or a time piece or a sharp tool of some sort, nobody would believe that it had happened by chance. There's a difference between random chance events that happen within the hodge podge and interaction of existing matter and other existing events; and creation. Hell, I just stepped on a damn piece of gum yesterday walking from my truck to the grocery store. I mean, the parking lot is so damn huge that I thought about what the chances are for my foot to step on the exact same spot as that stinking piece of gum. And it's not like the parking lot is littered with gum. Yet when the ear bud came off and dropped to the ground while I was taking off my head phones in the gym I couldn't find the damn thing. I kept saying to myself, "How far could that little fucker be from where I am?" I never found it but I'm sure someone will randomly step on it.

But who created that gum or ear bud -- who created the matter and events that continue to torment me? That's another question.

To permit something, i.e., to allow someone to make their own decisions, does not mean it was your design and intent. Even if you created that something. I mean, I don't think my father should be held accountable for my behavior though I believe he played a great role on the type of person I've become.

But in the case of God, though man can choose evil through the exercise of his free will and be held accountable for it, I'm not sure if it relieves God of the responsibility. After all, if God created everything, and he is omniscience, he already knew what you would choose anyway. It's sort of like watching a movies. The characters being portrayed don't know how things will turn out but their lives and fate has already been played out. It's just a matter of going through the motions.

So though God had warned Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit from the tree of conscious and gave them the free will to make that decision. He already knew what they would do and all that would follow.

I believe I will have my day of judgment and have to account for things I did and should not have done. For things that I didn't do that I should have done.

But I won't be the only one.

“Then, having thus made the Creator responsible for all those pains and diseases and miseries above enumerated, and which he could have prevented, the gifted Christian blandly calls him Our Father!"

― Mark Twain, Letters from the Earth: Uncensored Writings

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1518 on: September 23, 2015, 09:59:04 PM »

Vince,
   Your response is non-responsive, evasive and idiotic.
   Any respect I may have had for you disappeared when you took a cheap shot at Craig. He had nothing to do with my comments towards your opinions.
   At least Craig Richardson had the guts and determination to see all his work and diet through to the end and get up on stage and compete.  He did not fail or lose.  He competed
which is something Kai didn't even have the guts to do.  Maybe you are someone who doesn't understand that winning is seldom determined by the actual outcome of an event, but
rather, by the person actually showing up and giving it his best.  We all lose, but he who at least tries, doesn't fail.
   Taking a cheap shot at my friend, who has nothing to do with this, makes me find you both pathetic and cowardice. 
   I won't have anything further to say about you.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1519 on: September 23, 2015, 10:02:22 PM »
Harley - Does it make you feel better to score debating points against someone like Vince who is obviously intellectually challenged and somewhat "off"? Who's next on your list? Jason Genova? I realize that open-admissions schools like Rutgers, New York Law School and Temple may have left you feeling somewhat educationally inadequate but picking on a guy with "issues" isn't cool. I respect the work you do with the retards but I hope you aren't verbally humiliating them when the camera is turned off. I don't see why you feel it's acceptable to do so to Vince.

Hey Olympia Gym,
  Those with opposable digits and the cranial capacity to feel sympathy, don't use the word "retards."
  Your comments are offensive and insultingly misplaced.
  I don't ever talk about my education and have never bragged about any university I attended.
Harley

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1520 on: September 23, 2015, 10:02:35 PM »
Vince,
   Your response is non-responsive, evasive and idiotic.
   Any respect I may have had for you disappeared when you took a cheap shot at Craig. He had nothing to do with my comments towards your opinions.
   At least Craig Richardson had the guts and determination to see all his work and diet through to the end and get up on stage and compete.  He did not fail or lose.  He competed
which is something Kai didn't even have the guts to do.  Maybe you are someone who doesn't understand that winning is seldom determined by the actual outcome of an event, but
rather, by the person actually showing up and giving it his best.  We all lose, but he who at least tries, doesn't fail.
   Taking a cheap shot at my friend, who has nothing to do with this, makes me find you both pathetic and cowardice. 
   I won't have anything further to say about you.
Harley

Harley, I think Vince is just mad at you because you have taken over his place on getbig.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1521 on: September 23, 2015, 10:05:43 PM »

Rutgers and Temple are both excellent schools.

Dont know much about NY Law School.

Anyway, clearly the university that Harley attended has had no influence on his job performance, as he is quite successful in his line of work. After years and years of experience, no one cares where you went to school. They only care what outcomes you have produced in the actual field.
X

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1522 on: September 23, 2015, 10:07:49 PM »
Dear Pellius,
  All those who question will continue to ponder "The Big Questions."
  I hope you don't feel too much "guilt" and worry excessively when the time comes for your "judgment."  
  If you are correct, your God will have enough mercy and understanding to know that he created a terribly flawed species yet
so many have done so much for so many others that the venial sins of us all must be ignored.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1523 on: September 23, 2015, 10:20:03 PM »
Dear SF1900,
  As to Vince, this GetBig is plenty big to house the opinions of everyone who wishes to post.  Vince, nor anyone else, should feel
threatened by any other poster. 
  As to the schools I went to, you are correct, who cares? 
  I went to Rutgers College- Yes, I was accepted to other very good schools (UCAL at Berkeley, Brandeis, William & Mary) but there
were reasons I didn't go there.  I would say that today, Rutgers College, New Brunswick is a better State School than most of these $40K per year private schools that no one out of
this country has ever heard of yet today's kids feel a sense of entitlement to rob their own parents of any possible early retirement just so they can go away to private school.  Do any
of my clients care what undergraduate school I attended- no.
  As to New York Law School, it is a third tier, dump of a law school.  I hated it and wouldn't lift a finger to save it.  My attitude was "C=JD" and I couldn't care less about making
Law Review or sucking up to some professor to land a great summer job.  I finished at the bottom of my class and yet, I've tried more Murder Cases, including Death Penalty cases and make
more money than any of the professors there who told me to quit after my first year.  Do any of my clients care where I earned my JD- no.
  As to Temple University Law School- I earned an LL.M (Master of Laws) in Trial Advocacy and their trial program is actually the best in the country.  How did I get accepted you ask?
I wrote on the application that I was Cuban and wanted to learn trials so I could open a clinic in the ghetto and help other Hispanics.  I was accepted and graduated.  Do any of my clients care
where I earned my LL.M.- no.
  As to the Rutgers Graduate School of Criminal Justice- I directly entered their Ph.D. program which happens to be the highest ranked CJ Ph.D. program in the country.  Did I care about that?
No.  It was close enough to my home so that I could both take care of my Mom and commute (I commuted to New Brunswick for 5 years, NY for 3 years, Philadelphia for 1 year and Newark for
3 years).  Do any of my clients care about my time at Rutgers- no.
  I don't think much of formal education but it was a means to a necessary end for me.  I have long been a proponent of Home Schooling long before Khan Academy came along and proved my point.
Harley

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #1524 on: September 24, 2015, 12:00:26 AM »
Harley how much weight does craig usually go up the first  weeks after a comp?