Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 584011 times)

10pints

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #1675 on: October 09, 2015, 05:14:11 AM »
Hey Harley, love reading your posts, but I have one question: why is the text in your posts misaligned?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1676 on: October 09, 2015, 05:17:30 AM »
Hey Harley, love reading your posts, but I have one question: why is the text in your posts misaligned?

Dear 10pints,
   I am not sure what you mean.  I have confessed to being technologically ignorant but perhaps you are referring to my
insistence upon writing in paragraph form as if I were writing a letter?
   I would be happy to better answer you if perhaps you could ask the question in another way.  I am not trying to
be difficult.
Harley

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1677 on: October 09, 2015, 05:25:54 AM »
Dear 10pints,
   I am not sure what you mean.  I have confessed to being technologically ignorant but perhaps you are referring to my
   I would be happy to better answer you if perhaps you could ask the question in another way.  I am not trying to
be difficult.
Harley

I am referring to the indents highlighted with red in the attached image. Why not have these lines aligned flush left?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1678 on: October 09, 2015, 11:26:52 AM »
  That is the first time I am seeing or hearing about the red points.  I don't know anything about it.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1679 on: October 09, 2015, 11:29:47 AM »
Dear 10pints,
   I am not sure what you mean.  I have confessed to being technologically ignorant but perhaps you are referring to my
   I would be happy to better answer you if perhaps you could ask the question in another way.  I am not trying to
be difficult.
Harley

This is either incredibly clever or incredibly coincidental, but incredibly funny either way.

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1680 on: October 09, 2015, 11:30:30 AM »
  That is the first time I am seeing or hearing about the red points.  I don't know anything about it.

Apologies for the confusion Harley. They do not appear, I merely put them there to highlight the misalignment I am referring to.

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1681 on: October 09, 2015, 11:31:32 AM »
This is either incredibly clever or incredibly coincidental, but incredibly funny either way.

I laughed at that also. I'm sure it was deliberate.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1682 on: October 09, 2015, 11:32:22 AM »
I laughed at that also. I'm sure it was deliberate.

Then Harley is a funny man.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1683 on: October 09, 2015, 11:33:07 AM »
Harley, Welcome back from the Happiest Kingdom of Them All.

Net time we Meet & Greet I'll take a few minutes of your time and tell you some funny stories about the Disney characters and who played those roles.

And it was great meeting you all at the Olympia.

This year the Meet and Greet event seemed relatively empty until you or Ron or Wiggs mentioned that the downstairs part of the area was also a part of the Meet and Greet this year which made it a lot less crowded upstairs.

I did receive your grandfather's book and I will be sending it to you for an autograph and any remarks you want to add.

Please email me an address so I can mail it off to you.

I read constantly and am presently reAding BRIDGE OF SPIES before I open your grandfather's book.

I'm a big movie fan and have seen many films about those days and would like to ask you which of the concentration camp films was of most interest to you.

Thanks, Harley ... Stunt

Dear Stuntmovie,
  Again, it was my pleasure to meet you, Wiggs and Ron at the Mr. Olympia.  You guys beat the GetBig Over/Under which Craig and I set at 1.
  I would be happy to sign my Grandfather's book for you and very much appreciate you taking the time to read it.
  I don't watch any Hollywood films about concentration camps but "Schindler's List" was something truly special.  The documentaries with real footage are
quite compelling.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1684 on: October 09, 2015, 11:35:49 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I am glad you caught the joke I sent to 10 points as it was "deliberate."
  The "misalignment" is true as I type by hand and when I post here, if I hit the "Tab" key, the cursor disappears.
   As such, I have to do the alignment by myself and I think faster than I type so I sacrifice form sometimes in order not to lose
    my thought.
 I will work harder on that, I promise.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1685 on: October 09, 2015, 12:00:01 PM »
Harley,

Thank you for the response.  I was looking more for your thoughts on the portrayal of the corruption within the  justice system in the film.  For instance:

Arthur's defense of the innocent (mistaken identity) guy jailed for a broken taillight then subsequently killed because the judge didn't like Arthur ie:  "frankly I don't give a shit about your client"

Arthur's partner in the DA's office who was supposed to present evidence to get his client released, but F'd that up (guy ended up hanging himself) and his partner claiming "it's all nickel & dime"

The corrupt judge who freely admits his guilt even saying "he'd like to do it again"

Overall, I found it to be an excellent film (top 5), albeit disturbing, with one of Pacino's best performances.

Dear Princess L,
  You won't find many guys in the courthouse (sans shackles) who are more anti-government than myself but I have to confess, the real hard "corruption" is not all that common
in the judicial system.  Judges may be egotistical bastards but they are hardly ever involved in the killing of others or even taking bribes.  That, I am sure occurs but it is so incredibly
rare it's almost unheard of.  
  Most judges don't really care about the defendants either.  They want to dispose of cases as they are "graded" by the number of cases they close out within a year.
  There is a local esteemed judge who has been suspended for giving himself and his prosecutor a raise with money from a DWI fund which is completely illegal.
Harley

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1686 on: October 09, 2015, 12:04:29 PM »
Harley,

Thank you for the response.  I was looking more for your thoughts on the portrayal of the corruption within the  justice system in the film.  For instance:

Arthur's defense of the innocent (mistaken identity) guy jailed for a broken taillight then subsequently killed because the judge didn't like Arthur ie:  "frankly I don't give a shit about your client"

Arthur's partner in the DA's office who was supposed to present evidence to get his client released, but F'd that up (guy ended up hanging himself) and his partner claiming "it's all nickel & dime"

The corrupt judge who freely admits his guilt even saying "he'd like to do it again"

Overall, I found it to be an excellent film (top 5), albeit disturbing, with one of Pacino's best performances.

The Verdict, L, best courtroom film ever. Ok, second to Twelve Angry Men, which is more of a jury room film.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1687 on: October 09, 2015, 12:05:02 PM »
Dear HarleyBreite,

A man as au courant as you is probably aware of this novel. It is written by a fellow New Jerseyan and one of your peers, even if he is, unlike you and your services, a lawyer of last resort.  

With warmest regards and highest hopes for your continued existence,
Kahn

Dear Kahn.N.Singh,
   I thank you for the compliment and the referral of the book.
   I might just add, as a personal justification, I too, am a lawyer of "last resort" for quite a substantial number of people.  
   I have a large amount of clients for whom there is no fee.  I have a number of different reasons for not charging them but those are my reasons.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1688 on: October 09, 2015, 12:13:40 PM »
Dear Harley,

As someone who was friends with a small number of low level UK nationally rated competitors nearly 20 years ago, I am shocked and appalled at the rate of attrition that modern day global bodybuilding practitioners currently suffer.  Without prejudice of any of your current relationships, please would you feel able to speak generally on the subject of what you feel may be current practice for modern IFBB professionals in terms of a) blood work and b) ECG work (particularly given the tragic demise of my personal favourites Matarazzo and El Sonbaty.)

Respectful thanks in advance
Taf  :)

Dear Taffin,
  "Blood work"?  Ha ha.  These guys don't care about blood work.  The new guys don't even know about Munzer or Benazzia. 
  "ECG work?"  They can't even spell "ECG."
  Would you believe me if I told you that an Olympia competitor who did not finish in this year's top 8 could not even fly to Columbus, Ohio as he didn't have enough
money to pay for the flight?  If I told you that he was once and probably still is one of the highest paid professional bodybuilders for the past 15 years would you be
surprised?
  These guys care only about spending money on gear and food. 
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1689 on: October 09, 2015, 12:22:46 PM »
What's your opinion on Fuhrman and how he played into the OJ case, Harley?

Dear Las Vegas,
   Perhaps I am the wrong person to ask because I don't approve of the word "black" and I go so far as to despise the fact that a substantial
part of the Black culture insists on not only using the word, but emphasizing it in song, conversation and film.  If you find that term offensive,
then it is offensive no matter the skin color of the person who voices it.
   Mark Fuhrman is entitled to his views, but his are not mine.  I have seen far too many law enforcement officers with that very same attitude.
Of course, that attitude is completely disguised when they are working right next to a minority law enforcement officer but every now and then,
it will come out.
   I have exposed racism from police officers, on the witness stand, in front of a jury and it does have impact.  Had the Prosecutors properly
prepared Fuhrman, none of that would have ever been an issue. 
   What I marveled at was F. Lee Bailey at some of his best.  Martha Clark was a little bitch standing next to him.  He had gravitas in that courtroom
and it was well deserved.
   An interesting note is that a great deal of "White America" was shocked that a cop would have such views and actually lie under oath.  This was a very
important moment in the American Judicial System as it brought to the surface a problem that many never realized existed.  It created conversation
which also led to change.
Harley   

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1690 on: October 09, 2015, 12:45:12 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
   Perhaps I am the wrong person to ask because I don't approve of the word "black" and I go so far as to despise the fact that a substantial
part of the Black culture insists on not only using the word, but emphasizing it in song, conversation and film.  If you find that term offensive,
   Mark Fuhrman is entitled to his views, but his are not mine.  I have seen far too many law enforcement officers with that very same attitude.
Of course, that attitude is completely disguised when they are working right next to a minority law enforcement officer but every now and then,
it will come out.
   I have exposed racism from police officers, on the witness stand, in front of a jury and it does have impact.  Had the Prosecutors properly
   What I marveled at was F. Lee Bailey at some of his best.  Martha Clark was a little bitch standing next to him.  He had gravitas in that courtroom
   An interesting note is that a great deal of "White America" was shocked that a cop would have such views and actually lie under oath.  This was a very
important moment in the American Judicial System as it brought to the surface a problem that many never realized existed.  It created conversation
Harley   
What's wrong with the word 'black'? Just kidding. The racist operators here substitute black for the N-word, as if they're one and the same. Despicable People.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1691 on: October 09, 2015, 01:49:22 PM »
What's wrong with the word 'black'? Just kidding. The racist operators here substitute black for the N-word, as if they're one and the same. Despicable People.

Hey Guys,
  I made a BIG mistake!!!
  When I wrote, "I don't approve of the word "black" I made a BIG mistake.
  I meant to write, "I don't approve of the word "black."
  I should've proof read it better.
  It is the word "black" I find offensive especially when perpetrated by the same people to whom it was slung
as only a heinous moniker. 
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1692 on: October 09, 2015, 02:12:38 PM »
Hey Guys,
  Wait a second.  I can't make my point.
  I don't disapprove of the word "black."
  I keep writing a different word that start with "N" but it doesn't come out.
  Am I going crazy?
Harley

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #1693 on: October 09, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »
Hey Guys,
  Wait a second.  I can't make my point.
  I don't disapprove of the word "black."
  I keep writing a different word that start with "N" but it doesn't come out.
  Am I going crazy?
Harley

Yes.

The word you are trying to type is not allowed. So the software changes the word to "black".

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1694 on: October 09, 2015, 02:21:49 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
part of the Black culture insists on not only using the word, but emphasizing it in song, conversation and film.  If you find that term offensive,
   Mark Fuhrman is entitled to his views, but his are not mine.  I have seen far too many law enforcement officers with that very same attitude.
it will come out.
   I have exposed racism from police officers, on the witness stand, in front of a jury and it does have impact.  Had the Prosecutors properly
   What I marveled at was F. Lee Bailey at some of his best.  Martha Clark was a little bitch standing next to him.  He had gravitas in that courtroom
   An interesting note is that a great deal of "White America" was shocked that a cop would have such views and actually lie under oath.  This was a very
important moment in the American Judicial System as it brought to the surface a problem that many never realized existed.  It created conversation
Harley  

Grant you the lie, but the word came from a cop character profile he was creating for a screenwriter, uttered in "his" voice. She recorded the conversation and later mislead investigators.

Not suggesting he hasn't ever used it as himself, but context should be included here.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #1695 on: October 09, 2015, 02:26:21 PM »
Just call us Hebrews cause that's who we are.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1696 on: October 09, 2015, 03:24:58 PM »
Yes.

The word you are trying to type is not allowed. So the software changes the word to "black".

Well then let's see if you can type the word "kike"
   Hey, you can. 
   "Selective racist restrictions" raise many issues but I'm not here for that argument.
   Just making a note.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1697 on: October 09, 2015, 03:34:32 PM »
  Well then let's see if you can type the word "kike"
   Hey, you can.  
   "Selective racist restrictions" raise many issues but I'm not here for that argument.
   Just making a note.

I like this.

Testing: wetback, raghead, gook, nip, chink, hymie, wop, redneck, cracker, peckerwood, kraut, dago, goombah, guido, wog, oriental, spic, redskin, injun, squaw, heeb, sheeny, shylock.

Interesting.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #1698 on: October 09, 2015, 03:50:39 PM »
How's the diet coming along Harley?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1699 on: October 09, 2015, 05:00:47 PM »
How's the diet coming along Harley?

Dear Neither Animal,
   Thanks for asking.  I just finished 8 ounces of chicken breast.
   The problem is that I get hungry before the 3 hours arrives so sometimes I eat more times a day than other days.
   It's going ok and Monday will be the weigh in for my 3rd week.   I have 12 weeks to go from this Monday.
   I do get up at 5:15 am to do my first session of cardio for an hour and then another hour of cardio after the gym.
Harley