Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 584140 times)

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2875 on: February 12, 2016, 11:25:55 AM »
I think the obvious point with lawyers and solicitors is that it is a job. They are in it for the money and will equally prosecute someone they know is innocent as defend someone they know is guilty.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2876 on: February 12, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »
one last pity bump before this thread disappears into the bowels of getbig.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #2877 on: February 12, 2016, 02:59:20 PM »
How unfortunate. I was hoping it was because of your career choice. You are a scumbag / cockroach for defending the coward who attacked the old man.

Hope that helps.

What do we do instead of defending people? Have a politician order them straight to the Gulag?

This is a serious matter...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2878 on: February 12, 2016, 03:08:41 PM »
I hope the little fucker gets the maximum. If that was my grandfather he'd have never made it to turn himself in.

This. SO fucking this.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2879 on: February 12, 2016, 03:11:38 PM »
They came and filmed me today again and ABC as my client made his First Appearance in court.
I advised my court that both my client and myself have received numerous threats against both our
lives as a result of this case.

Please advise him to take his life, sir.

All due respect.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #2880 on: February 12, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »
I agree with his premise myself.

I mean, everyone deserves the best defense anyone should be able to receive. That's the backbone of this country and its judicial system.

Sure, Harley may defend people who are "bad", but that doesn't mean that they don't deserve the best this country has to offer. I'm sure Harley has defended many innocent people as well.
I agree, it's nuts to hold the attorney responsible for representing someone. What is a charged person supposed to do? Defend themselves? That should work well. Send them straight to the Gulag why don't you... no need for due process at this point.

Mind blowing, but people should not associate a defense attorney with defending immoral behavior. They're defending an entire society's rights as human beings.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2881 on: February 12, 2016, 05:38:05 PM »
I agree, it's nuts to hold the attorney responsible for representing someone. What is a charged person supposed to do? Defend themselves? That should work well. Send them straight to the Gulag why don't you... no need for due process at this point.

Mind blowing, but people should not associate a defense attorney with defending immoral behavior. They're defending an entire society's rights as human beings.

I have a problem with the not guilty plea   >:(
:

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2882 on: February 12, 2016, 05:39:59 PM »

The plea is the defendant. Not the attorney.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2883 on: February 12, 2016, 05:42:06 PM »

Where the games begin, always.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2884 on: February 12, 2016, 05:52:27 PM »
The plea is the defendant. Not the attorney.

BULLonly  >:(
:

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2885 on: February 12, 2016, 05:59:56 PM »
Not at all.

That is why the defendant must state his plea himself.

Also why when he please guilty, the judge asks him if he is aware of his statement.

The attorney represents the defendant in whichever plea they request, nothing more and nothing less.

That is the system of justice we have.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2886 on: February 12, 2016, 06:25:22 PM »
Outed as never entering a plea. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2887 on: February 12, 2016, 06:49:34 PM »
Which of you guys is this?  ???   :D

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #2888 on: February 12, 2016, 07:06:22 PM »
Which of you guys is this?  ???   :D

its not Donny because he isnt asking for the kid's flight number
"

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2889 on: February 12, 2016, 09:28:43 PM »

This is a great statement.

But lets not forget, Harley is a private attorney. He can choose what cases to take and which to reject. If some can't find or afford a private attorney he will be assigned a PD. And the PD doesn't have the option to reject him.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2890 on: February 12, 2016, 09:36:48 PM »
One thing that has kind of struck me, and maybe we are just getting a skewed perspective. But it seems like Harley gets a lot of cases where he has to defends low lifes. Is it because he likes to take the cases that no one else will because he has a good heart or is it because when a low life is seeking legal advice and someone listens to the details of the crime they say, "You know, for someone like you, a low life and guilty as sin, I got the perfect guy for you. Nothing is guaranteed but if anyone can pull magic out of a hat I got your guy."

That over the years/decades he's developed a reputation as the go to guy for the guilty and reprehensible. Kind of like an attorney for the mob boss and his minions except without the protection and the clout.

Sorry Harley, just thinking out loud. Your answer to my previous question will clear the issue up a bit.

Of course everyone deserves a fair trial and that one gets the punishment that suits the crime or no punishment if no crime has been committed. If not, then it would be left to mob rule and that fella would be lynched on the spot.

The issue, vis-a-vis Harley, is not that he would represent this person, or any person, that the public has deemed a scumbag. A more interesting question for Harley would be that when he represents a client what takes priority? That his client gets a fair trial  or that he wins his case?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2891 on: February 12, 2016, 10:50:13 PM »
One thing that has kind of struck me, and maybe we are just getting a skewed perspective. But it seems like Harley gets a lot of cases where he has to defends low lifes. Is it because he likes to take the cases that no one else will because he has a good heart or is it because when a low life is seeking legal advice and someone listens to the details of the crime they say, "You know, for someone like you, a low life and guilty as sin, I got the perfect guy for you. Nothing is guaranteed but if anyone can pull magic out of a hat I got your guy."

That over the years/decades he's developed a reputation as the go to guy for the guilty and reprehensible. Kind of like an attorney for the mob boss and his minions except without the protection and the clout.

Sorry Harley, just thinking out loud. Your answer to my previous question will clear the issue up a bit.

there are two lawyers here in Calgary that are only hired by guilty people.  where their guilt is so blatant that there is no way they could be deemed as innocent. they know that either of these lawyers will avoid the actual situation and get the accused off on technicalities.  the lawyers will get evidence thrown out, or say the arrest didn't follow protocol, or find some reason for a mistrial.   they have a great record of getting people off on crimes that they committed.  they state the BS that everyone deserves a fair trial.  but whoever is the victims of the crimes they defend do not get fair trials, because the people who wronged them are not punished because these lawyers twist the situation even tho it is obvious the defendant is guilty.   

north America   -  where you are innocent until you are broke!!

Simple Simon

« Reply #2892 on: February 13, 2016, 08:37:07 AM »
Can someone rename this thread "The Harley Breite - Depreciation thread?

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2893 on: February 13, 2016, 10:06:37 AM »

Bassically it means Harley is an excellent criminal defense attorney.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2894 on: February 13, 2016, 11:26:42 AM »
Bassically it means Harley is an excellent criminal defense attorney.
would you feel that way if he got an acquittal for the guy who murdered your wife?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2895 on: February 13, 2016, 12:08:18 PM »
I just watched that guy's videos, again, to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

What does he think he's doing, exactly?  Who does he think he's directing or influencing with his comments?

The only thing he shows is that he has a manic personality and he enjoys spending time at the tattoo parlor.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2896 on: February 13, 2016, 12:42:46 PM »
HAZ ..... Yoiur comments about "TECHNICAITIES".

Harley assured me that he would respond to my question about that subject .... Can that case be heard again?

Also, Most of us could never hire a lawyer to sue someone of some company due to the expense involved .... so in most case you have to have sufficient funds to sue.

I mentioned this before, but a few years back ONLYME was instrumental in subduing a coupe of individuals who were running 'amuck' in one of the local main grocery stores.

He actually sat on one of the guys till the police came and arrested him.

Months later I asked the store manager how that case turned out and she informed me that the bad guys were turned loose and immediately sured the grocery chain for over $100,000 each.

And the grocery chain paid them without an argument simply because the store did not want the bad publicity..... plus the time and expense of going to court.

Plus the bad guys paid a lawyer to sue Keith but that turned out to no avail.

It pays to be a bad guy way too often

This punk we are concerned about will probably and more than likely benefit in some way as a result of this incident.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #2897 on: February 13, 2016, 12:47:33 PM »

Unfortunately not in the long run.
You got to reap what you sow.

Seen it too often to deny it.
©

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2898 on: February 13, 2016, 12:49:16 PM »
HAZ ..... Yoiur comments about "TECHNICAITIES".

Harley assured me that he would respond to my question about that subject .... Can that case be heard again?

Also, Most of us could never hire a lawyer to sue someone of some company due to the expense involved .... so in most case you have to have sufficient funds to sue.

I mentioned this before, but a few years back ONLYME was instrumental in subduing a coupe of individuals who were running 'amuck' in one of the local main grocery stores.

He actually sat on one of the guys till the police came and arrested him.

Months later I asked the store manager how that case turned out and she informed me that the bad guys were turned loose and immediately sured the grocery chain for over $100,000 each.

And the grocery chain paid them without an argument simply because the store did not want the bad publicity..... plus the time and expense of going to court.

Plus the bad guys paid a lawyer to sue Keith but that turned out to no avail.

This punk we are concerned about will probably and more than likely benefit in some way as a result of this incident.

How do you suppose that might happen?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2899 on: February 13, 2016, 01:05:01 PM »
Hey Guys,
  There are quite a few significant questions being hurled around.
  Given that tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I will spend some time here tomorrow answering as best I can.
Harley