Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 590243 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2825 on: February 09, 2016, 09:22:42 PM »
I hope the little fucker gets the maximum. If that was my grandfather he'd have never made it to turn himself in.

I've never met your granddad, but for some reason I'd picture him ripping off the guy's arm and beating and chasing him with it.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2826 on: February 09, 2016, 09:28:55 PM »
Just have faith in it.  Everything will work out as it should.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2827 on: February 09, 2016, 09:56:33 PM »
I hope the little fucker gets the maximum. If that was my grandfather he'd have never made it to turn himself in.

Understandable reaction.

I probably would be the same way with my grandfather. Totally get you.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2828 on: February 10, 2016, 10:34:22 AM »
Harley, It's evident that you are very appreciated on this GETBIG board and you can include me in that appreciation group.

Would it be possible for you to answer some questions which may be of interest to all?

1. In your opinion what were the main few reasons why/how O.J. Simpson beat the murder charges?  The easy answer would be, "Because he was innocent.", but the vast majority of people believe him to be otherwise.

Are the vast majority of people mistaken?

2. Are defense attorneys somewhat 'disliked' by prosecuting attorneys or others professionally involved within the legal field?

3. What is your preference as a defense attorney? Trial by judge or trial by jury. (And which is the more lenient?)

4. Are statistics available showing the preference of either of the above?

5. Is there a legal 'agency' which keeps records of your wins and losses?
Would it be proper/polite to ask for your wins/losses?

6. Is there a Lawyers "Governing Board" which oversees the acts and procedures used by lawyers? (In and out of court?)

7. Did you ever get involved in a case in which the judge fell asleep or simply ignored the ongoing process?

8. Is there any situation in which you would refuse to act as an individual's  defense  attorney.

9. What is your personal opinion of an individual's responsibility for his own actions? (It appears that individuals manage to blame others or society of drugs nowadays? It was totally different when I wad a kid growing up!)

10. Can a defense attorney outright 'lie' in the defense of his client? Or simply stretch the  truth a little bit? Or simply allow his client to lie during the court proceedings?

11. This one may be too damn personal to have you answer BUT ... How many obviously guilty individuals did you defend who managed to get off scott free?

12. Do you have any clients on death row?

Sorry for some of these more than personal questions, Harley!

Best regards, STUNT

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2829 on: February 10, 2016, 10:35:49 AM »
SAW HARLEY ON TV LOCAL NEWS NJ WITH THE ACCUSED.LOOKING SPIFFY AND THINNER...I MUST SAY..

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2830 on: February 10, 2016, 11:45:56 AM »
Dear NJ Flex,
  Thank you. 
  Channel 12 New Jersey News and ABC filmed me today but I haven't seen it nor can I find it, of course.
Harley

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2831 on: February 10, 2016, 12:11:42 PM »
Dear NJ Flex,
  Thank you. 
  Channel 12 New Jersey News and ABC filmed me today but I haven't seen it nor can I find it, of course.
Harley
LOL..SAW IT LAST NIGHT ON NJ12

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2832 on: February 10, 2016, 12:41:13 PM »
They came and filmed me today again and ABC as my client made his First Appearance in court.
I advised my court that both my client and myself have received numerous threats against both our
lives as a result of this case.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
©

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2834 on: February 10, 2016, 08:07:09 PM »
Dear OB 1,
  Thanks for the link.
  Each day I receive more and more threats to my safety.
  Someone even wrote me that the guy on the corner should've been my father or mother.
  People actually want me dead (again) for taking this case.
  I never said that what happened wasn't repugnant.  I just figured that people in America
would at least be comforted to know that we have a system in place designed to ensure fairness
and justice so why don't they think my client will get what he deserves?
  I think wishing someone and their family dead is far beyond what is reasonable.
  Well, maybe I will just move to Switzerland and live in bliss.
Harley

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2835 on: February 10, 2016, 08:28:42 PM »
Dear OB 1,
  Thanks for the link.
  Each day I receive more and more threats to my safety.
  Someone even wrote me that the guy on the corner should've been my father or mother.
  People actually want me dead (again) for taking this case.
  I never said that what happened wasn't repugnant.  I just figured that people in America
would at least be comforted to know that we have a system in place designed to ensure fairness
and justice so why don't they think my client will get what he deserves?
  I think wishing someone and their family dead is far beyond what is reasonable.
  Well, maybe I will just move to Switzerland and live in bliss.
Harley

I would guess that your depression is a direct manifestation of your subconscious disagreeing with your career choice.

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2836 on: February 10, 2016, 08:39:05 PM »
Dear Harley,
you're welcome.
Having received death treats myself I know it will make you feel uncomfortable.
It's best to not give in to fear and go on stronger and more determined than ever.
"If you are being criticized, you are doing something right. Only who has the ball gets attacked."
(Bruce Lee)
All the best.
OB1
©

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2837 on: February 10, 2016, 09:03:53 PM »
I would guess that your depression is a direct manifestation of your subconscious disagreeing with your career choice.
x2
I would imagine you could only defend so much scum before it started affecting your subconsciousness.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2838 on: February 10, 2016, 09:26:23 PM »
x2
I would imagine you could only defend so much scum before it started affecting your subconsciousness.

Probably.

©

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2839 on: February 11, 2016, 12:54:08 AM »
Harley, It's evident that you are very appreciated on this GETBIG board and you can include me in that appreciation group.

Would it be possible for you to answer some questions which may be of interest to all?

1. In your opinion what were the main few reasons why/how O.J. Simpson beat the murder charges?  The easy answer would be, "Because he was innocent.", but the vast majority of people believe him to be otherwise.

Are the vast majority of people mistaken?

2. Are defense attorneys somewhat 'disliked' by prosecuting attorneys or others professionally involved within the legal field?

3. What is your preference as a defense attorney? Trial by judge or trial by jury. (And which is the more lenient?)

4. Are statistics available showing the preference of either of the above?

5. Is there a legal 'agency' which keeps records of your wins and losses?
Would it be proper/polite to ask for your wins/losses?

6. Is there a Lawyers "Governing Board" which oversees the acts and procedures used by lawyers? (In and out of court?)

7. Did you ever get involved in a case in which the judge fell asleep or simply ignored the ongoing process?

8. Is there any situation in which you would refuse to act as an individual's  defense  attorney.

9. What is your personal opinion of an individual's responsibility for his own actions? (It appears that individuals manage to blame others or society of drugs nowadays? It was totally different when I wad a kid growing up!)

10. Can a defense attorney outright 'lie' in the defense of his client? Or simply stretch the  truth a little bit? Or simply allow his client to lie during the court proceedings?

11. This one may be too damn personal to have you answer BUT ... How many obviously guilty individuals did you defend who managed to get off scott free?

12. Do you have any clients on death row?

Sorry for some of these more than personal questions, Harley!

Best regards, STUNT

Holy Crap! Harley might as well write a book, "My Life as a Defense Attorney".

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2840 on: February 11, 2016, 12:56:40 AM »
x2

Hmmm.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2841 on: February 11, 2016, 01:16:54 AM »
"Breite denied Gonzalez was participating in what’s known as the “knockout game.”

“I don’t think my client was entertaining anything in terms of a game,” he said."

Dear Harley,

You've got to know that when you say something like this in light of the video that people are just going to roll their eyes and think, "Oh brother, here we go."

I mean, this "knock out" game is in the news and you see him and his buddy setting it up, posing, talking to the camera.

Sure, maybe you're right as I can't read his mind, but I would think it would have been better to take no position as to whether he was participating in a game or not rather than making an actual assertion as to KNOWING what was, or was not, going on in his mind. It hints of a bias and damages one's credibility.

After all, does it really matter if your client punched the victim because he was playing a game or because he just felt like punching someone and he picked an old man because he figured the old man couldn't defend himself?

Reminds me of those hate crimes nonsense that somehow it's worse if you get killed because you're a Jew or because someone doesn't like pony tails or the way you looked at him.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2842 on: February 11, 2016, 01:24:17 AM »
"Breite denied Gonzalez was participating in what’s known as the “knockout game.”

“I don’t think my client was entertaining anything in terms of a game,” he said."

Dear Harley,

You've got to know that when you say something like this in light of the video that people are just going to roll their eyes and think, "Oh brother, here we go."

I mean, this "knock out" game is in the news and you see him and his buddy setting it up, posing, talking to the camera.

Sure, maybe you're right as I can't read his mind but I would think it would have been better to take no position as to whether he was participating in a game or not rather than making an actual assertion as to knowing what was, or was not, going on in his mind. It hints of a bias and damages one's credibility.

After all, does it really matter if your client punched the victim because he was playing a game or because he just felt like punching someone and he picked an old man because he figured the old man couldn't defend himself?

Reminds me of those hate crimes nonsense that somehow it's worse if you get killed because you're a Jew or because someone doesn't like pony tails or the way you looked at him.

its comments like the ones above that clearly display that the law isnt about seeking justice, its about two opposing attorneys playing games with the law and the definition of legalities.
Guy punched the guy, fuck him, and fuck trying to get a not guilty verdict based on a technicality.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2843 on: February 11, 2016, 04:50:06 AM »

Dear Hazbin,
  Respectfully, you were completely wrong.  My depression was a result of a personal matter
that very much appears to have resolved itself splendidly.
  I don't regret my career choice.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2844 on: February 11, 2016, 07:54:13 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Perhaps Princess L and some of you others might feel better knowing that since taking this latest case Sunday,
I have, everyday received death threats against me and my family.
  People go to my legal website (which I never worked on and intend to completely update this year) and then email me
hateful things.
  The funny thing is, that when they do that, they almost always include their name, email and phone number.
  Yesterday, I received this:
    "You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You obviously would sell your soul to the devil for the almighty dollar. You represent that punk who knocked that elderly man out? Should have been your mother or father! You shyster! No, you give shysters a bad name..."
   Now why wish harm onto my parents if your ire is really based upon what I do for a living?  I honestly think that is excessive.
   I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, although the State is seeking to take it away from me as they don't believe there is any threat to my life, and this latest
case makes me glad I still have the permit.
  Today, alone, I received 8 hateful emails and I am sure more will come.
  I mention this not to complain about my work but to give you a bit of insight you might not see on the news or on Law and Order.  The people I
represent are not only a danger to society, but very often, to myself as well.
  It's when I have to fear the public reacting in an unlawful manner to my client exercising the same right to an attorney as any of us have that causes
me concern beyond what I can understand.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2845 on: February 11, 2016, 07:56:59 AM »
Another comment sent to me:
   I can not believe you are defending that human piece of trash who did the knock out game.

really sucker punching someone twice his age.

you should be ashamed.

no one feels sorry for this piece of shit. or the excuses scum like you are making for him.

I hope he is the next victumn of police shooting

I really feel like posting this person's entire information on some site just so she can feel the harassment too.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2846 on: February 11, 2016, 07:58:32 AM »
Another message:
   Congratulations, you must be very proud to represent that kid that cowardly punched out that innocent person on the street.  Your defense sounds like the Affluenza defense of that kid in Texas.  You got what you wanted, now lets see if you want what you got!

Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2847 on: February 11, 2016, 08:01:28 AM »
The following message came from a guy trying to hide his identity (a coward).
Somehow, my friend found him to be an Indian Pediatrician.
   Fuck you and that piece of shit you represent. Mental illness my was you prick.

Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2848 on: February 11, 2016, 08:09:28 AM »
The people who, in their minds, would set out to object to something fucked-up by creating fucked-up things and ideas in return, have always caused me to wonder about them.

The whole thing is a process, it is not a snap of a finger, and everyone needs to have more faith in Harley.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2849 on: February 11, 2016, 08:34:09 AM »
HARLEY, I don't think that you are a rarity when it comes to receiving threatening remarks  over the internet.

It seems to be a somewhat common practice even here on this GetBig Board.

When I was a kid, I'd have to meet you in the hallway of the court and punch you in the nose; but nowadays it's much easier to make malicious accusations behind a computer screen without threat of immediate retaliation.

BUT ... I still despise this kid and his videographer, but not as much as my original post; so instead of 90 days I have to recommend that the judge offer him 60 days of getting knocked out on that same corner where the original punch occurred.

I really hate this kid way too much ,,,,, BUT DAMN!.. I have a hell of a lot of respect for you in your 'capacity' as a defense attorney.

You are a genuine participant within the American Way!

But I'd like to request your permission to meet you  in the OLYMPIA Hallway for one of those old time, classic, nose punch things!

Thanks, Harley!

BY THE WAY ... I really want you to lose this case.

With all due respect to you and the American Way  ... STUNT