Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596477 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2850 on: February 11, 2016, 08:38:01 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Perhaps Princess L and some of you others might feel better knowing that since taking this latest case Sunday,
I have, everyday received death threats against me and my family.
  People go to my legal website (which I never worked on and intend to completely update this year) and then email me
hateful things.
  The funny thing is, that when they do that, they almost always include their name, email and phone number.
  Yesterday, I received this:
    "You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You obviously would sell your soul to the devil for the almighty dollar. You represent that punk who knocked that elderly man out? Should have been your mother or father! You shyster! No, you give shysters a bad name..."
   Now why wish harm onto my parents if your ire is really based upon what I do for a living?  I honestly think that is excessive.
   I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, although the State is seeking to take it away from me as they don't believe there is any threat to my life, and this latest
case makes me glad I still have the permit.
  Today, alone, I received 8 hateful emails and I am sure more will come.
  I mention this not to complain about my work but to give you a bit of insight you might not see on the news or on Law and Order.  The people I
represent are not only a danger to society, but very often, to myself as well.
  It's when I have to fear the public reacting in an unlawful manner to my client exercising the same right to an attorney as any of us have that causes
me concern beyond what I can understand.
Harley

No one "feels good" that you or anyone else is receiving death threats.  I'm sure you're not surprised nor is this the first time.  You made the choice to stand beside this scumbag and claim not guilty when you could've easily declined the case.  Sure, everyone is entitled to representation, but why do you feel YOU need to do the representing?  Why stand beside and DEFEND ax murderers, church shooters, rapists, robbers, execution-style killers and other thugs?  Aren't there innocent people out there that need defending?
:

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2851 on: February 11, 2016, 08:39:21 AM »
No one "feels good" that you or anyone else is receiving death threats.  I'm sure you're not surprised nor is this the first time.  You made the choice to stand beside this scumbag and claim not guilty when you could've easily declined the case.  Sure, everyone is entitled to representation, but why do you feel YOU need to do the representing?  Why stand beside and DEFEND ax murderers, church shooters, rapists, robbers, execution-style killers and other thugs?  Aren't there innocent people out there that need defending?

a

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2852 on: February 11, 2016, 08:55:16 AM »
PELLIUS! Yea! A book about behind the scenes court room stuff by HARLEY could turn out to be a major best seller.

And I do like some of the stuff you said above up there someplace.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2853 on: February 11, 2016, 09:00:54 AM »
HARLEY, I don't think that you are a rarity when it comes to receiving threatening remarks  over the internet.

It seems to be a somewhat common practice even here on this GetBig Board.

When I was a kid, I'd have to meet you in the hallway of the court and punch you in the nose; but nowadays it's much easier to make malicious accusations behind a computer screen without threat of immediate retaliation.

BUT ... I still despise this kid and his videographer, but not as much as my original post; so instead of 90 days I have to recommend that the judge offer him 60 days of getting knocked out on that same corner where the original punch occurred.

I really hate this kid way too much ,,,,, BUT DAMN!.. I have a hell of a lot of respect for you in your 'capacity' as a defense attorney.

You are a genuine participant within the American Way!

But I'd like to request your permission to meet you  in the OLYMPIA Hallway for one of those old time, classic, nose punch things!

Thanks, Harley!

BY THE WAY ... I really want you to lose this case.

With all due respect to you and the American Way  ... STUNT

With all due respect, Stunt, that could be the worst mistake you'd ever make.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2854 on: February 11, 2016, 09:32:51 AM »
With all due respect, Stunt, that could be the worst mistake you'd ever make.

I agree.

stunt may need a reminding.

a

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2856 on: February 11, 2016, 09:46:41 AM »

I've already questioned him about this. His response was basically that everyone in America deserves to be treated with "respect and dignity" by the law, i.e., everyone should be allowed a case that is not corrupted and his upheld by the proper law. As such, in Harley's world, it is his duty to uphold the law by making sure that everyone gets a fair trial, even axe murderers and child molesters.

X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2857 on: February 11, 2016, 12:04:10 PM »
Hey Guys,
  Perhaps Princess L and some of you others might feel better knowing that since taking this latest case Sunday,
I have, everyday received death threats against me and my family.
  People go to my legal website (which I never worked on and intend to completely update this year) and then email me
hateful things.
  The funny thing is, that when they do that, they almost always include their name, email and phone number.
  Yesterday, I received this:
    "You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You obviously would sell your soul to the devil for the almighty dollar. You represent that punk who knocked that elderly man out? Should have been your mother or father! You shyster! No, you give shysters a bad name..."
   Now why wish harm onto my parents if your ire is really based upon what I do for a living?  I honestly think that is excessive.
   I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, although the State is seeking to take it away from me as they don't believe there is any threat to my life, and this latest
case makes me glad I still have the permit.
  Today, alone, I received 8 hateful emails and I am sure more will come.
  I mention this not to complain about my work but to give you a bit of insight you might not see on the news or on Law and Order.  The people I
represent are not only a danger to society, but very often, to myself as well.
  It's when I have to fear the public reacting in an unlawful manner to my client exercising the same right to an attorney as any of us have that causes
me concern beyond what I can understand.
Harley
I don't wish you harm, but if your client got pummeled into mush, I wouldn't bat an eye.

BTW, a point of view from the other side...

ya I was reading that
fuck that kid and fuck Harley Breite

someone needs to smash that fucking kids face in

In the peak of my mental issues I did some stupid shit but I never blamed my mental health, I took responsibility and said Yes Im Guilty and did my time.

that fukface was totally aware of what he did
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2858 on: February 11, 2016, 12:09:12 PM »
I've already questioned him about this. His response was basically that everyone in America deserves to be treated with "respect and dignity" by the law, i.e., everyone should be allowed a case that is not corrupted and his upheld by the proper law. As such, in Harley's world, it is his duty to uphold the law by making sure that everyone gets a fair trial, even axe murderers and child molesters.

I agree with his premise myself.

I mean, everyone deserves the best defense anyone should be able to receive. That's the backbone of this country and its judicial system.

Sure, Harley may defend people who are "bad", but that doesn't mean that they don't deserve the best this country has to offer. I'm sure Harley has defended many innocent people as well.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #2859 on: February 11, 2016, 12:12:04 PM »
Dear Hazbin,
  Respectfully, you were completely wrong.  My depression was a result of a personal matter
that very much appears to have resolved itself splendidly.
  I don't regret my career choice.
Harley
How unfortunate. I was hoping it was because of your career choice. You are a scumbag / cockroach for defending the coward who attacked the old man.

Hope that helps.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2860 on: February 11, 2016, 12:19:13 PM »
amazing
116 pages of climbing up his arse and now you turn on him for doing his job.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2861 on: February 11, 2016, 12:27:26 PM »
That's ok.  I expect some hate from GetBig.
Another person says I should go to jail for my job:
   you should be ashamed of yourself for representing this punk who knocked out an elderly man. Gonzalez should get jail time and if you help him get off, then so do you.

Harley

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2862 on: February 11, 2016, 01:32:45 PM »
That's ok.  I expect some hate from GetBig.
Another person says I should go to jail for my job:
   you should be ashamed of yourself for representing this punk who knocked out an elderly man. Gonzalez should get jail time and if you help him get off, then so do you.

Harley

Please be clear with these assertions.  The "hate" messages you've posted are coming from your local community and not Getbig members ~ correct?  Most Getbig members have the guts to post what they're thinking.
:

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2863 on: February 11, 2016, 01:52:00 PM »
Of course everyone deserves a fair trial and that one gets the punishment that suits the crime or no punishment if no crime has been committed. If not, then it would be left to mob rule and that fella would be lynched on the spot.

The issue, vis-a-vis Harley, is not that he would represent this person, or any person, that the public has deemed a scumbag. A more interesting question for Harley would be that when he represents a client what takes priority? That his client gets a fair trial  or that he wins his case?

Let's say Harley did get this person off on a technicality. How would he view that?  Would he feel justice has been done? Would he feel that he has made the world a better place? When he is on his death bed and so many of the things he thought were so important in life start to fade into the background -- will he look back on this victory with a sense of pride? That he did the right thing?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2864 on: February 11, 2016, 02:08:43 PM »
Can any case 'voided' by a technicality be re-tried?

Hey, Regarding the nose punch at the Olympia ......  that was intended to be a bit of humor in a very serious discussion.

I've met Harley and there's nothing punchable about him. He is a true gentleman who supports kids who need help as detailed  someplace under this topic much earlier.

I think I made it clear that the job of a defense attorney is of utmost importance and is non-existant in many foreign countries where it's possible to get a hand cut off for thievery.

Or simply beheaded or placed in a sack and thrown in a river which is now presented in some major motion picture which I've only heard about.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2865 on: February 11, 2016, 02:32:25 PM »
Of course everyone deserves a fair trial and that one gets the punishment that suits the crime or no punishment if no crime has been committed. If not, then it would be left to mob rule and that fella would be lynched on the spot.

The issue, vis-a-vis Harley, is not that he would represent this person, or any person, that the public has deemed a scumbag. A more interesting question for Harley would be that when he represents a client what takes priority? That his client gets a fair trial  or that he wins his case?

Let's say Harley did get this person off on a technicality. How would he view that?  Would he feel justice has been done? Would he feel that he has made the world a better place? When he is on his death bed and so many of the things he thought were so important in life start to fade into the background -- will he look back on this victory with a sense of pride? That he did the right thing?
I think its a case of blaming the player rather than the game.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2866 on: February 11, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »
Dear Harley,

Just out of curiosity, how does this kid's family afford a private attorney? It seems like the people you represent, at least the cases you mentioned on this board, seem to be lower middle class.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2867 on: February 11, 2016, 04:15:49 PM »
Dear Harley,

Just out of curiosity, how does this kid's family afford a private attorney? It seems like the people you represent, at least the cases you mentioned on this board, seem to be lower middle class.

I wondered that as well.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2868 on: February 11, 2016, 04:16:10 PM »
Everyone deserves the right to fair representation in this country. Without attorneys like Harley this country may as well be a third world country stuck in the dark ages.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2869 on: February 11, 2016, 05:41:00 PM »
Please be clear with these assertions.  The "hate" messages you've posted are coming from your local community and not Getbig members ~ correct?  Most Getbig members have the guts to post what they're thinking.

Dear Princess L,
  I apologize if I was unclear.  NO ONE on GetBig has sent me any threatening notes regarding this "Knockout" case.
  I only meant to show you guys a different side of the real way this justice system works for a defense attorney as you would never
see this on Law and Order.
  Get Big, while often disagreeing with what I do, as almost always treated me fairly except for a few posts above this one.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2870 on: February 11, 2016, 05:51:20 PM »
Hey Guys,
  You, especially Stuntmovie, have raised a plethora of great questions which deserve a full answer.
  I promise to respond to all of them in the very near future.
  I am glad to see Pellius is back so you know for sure I am going to respond a bit in depth.
  A bit of this "Knockout" case along with the threats seems to have caused me a bit of unanticipated stress.
  Tonight, at night, I weighed 176 pounds.  That is a 6 pound loss since 2 days ago.
Harley

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2871 on: February 11, 2016, 06:34:57 PM »
Dear Harley,

I meant to ask you something earlier, but didn't and now I've forgotten what it was. Can you help me remember?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2872 on: February 11, 2016, 06:42:13 PM »
Dear Irongrip400,
  1)  What is the meaning of life?
  2)  Why do we obsess about having abs?
  3)  Is it true that regardless of how much we know of our mistakes we are a species that will
   continue to make the very same mistakes until we are extinct?

Does that help?
Harley

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2873 on: February 11, 2016, 11:38:34 PM »
Hey Guys,
  You, especially Stuntmovie, have raised a plethora of great questions which deserve a full answer.
  I promise to respond to all of them in the very near future.
  I am glad to see Pellius is back so you know for sure I am going to respond a bit in depth.
  A bit of this "Knockout" case along with the threats seems to have caused me a bit of unanticipated stress.
  Tonight, at night, I weighed 176 pounds.  That is a 6 pound loss since 2 days ago.
Harley

I never leave this thread. I follow it virtually everyday I just don't post everyday. You are always bombarded on this thread and just getting back to the all the response this case has generated is actually real brain busting work.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2874 on: February 11, 2016, 11:42:21 PM »
Dear Harley,

I meant to ask you something earlier, but didn't and now I've forgotten what it was. Can you help me remember?

I think it was something about if two electrons are inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them then....

Something like that.