Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 585158 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2775 on: February 06, 2016, 08:15:29 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I appreciate that but believe me, the reason to which I alluded is more than enough reason for me to hook up to the
machine to stop the snoring. 
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2776 on: February 07, 2016, 09:21:06 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I appreciate that but believe me, the reason to which I alluded is more than enough reason for me to hook up to the
machine to stop the snoring.

Harley

If you find that ceases to exist, though, you still have all the reason in the world to do it.

But in any case, please don't get discouraged if the first configuration doesn't work.  Many people just throw them up on the shelf in the closet and forget about the whole thing at that point (you see our very own Stuntmovie decided to do that with his, which is a little surprising), but that won't help anything get better.  It's just too important to be dismissed.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2777 on: February 07, 2016, 01:34:58 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I am genuinely touched by your concern as to my sleep apnea.
  Believe me, I intend to have the correct mask and become accustomed to wearing it.
  As far as "the reason to which I alluded" I had an excellent day today and I feel today, the best
I have felt in a several weeks.
  There is promise that tomorrow will be another excellent day so I am hopeful that I will soon be
returning to my normal self.
Harley

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2778 on: February 07, 2016, 02:17:10 PM »
:

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2779 on: February 07, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »
I've heard this new thing advertised lately.

https://www.inspiresleep.com/what-is-inspire-therapy/how-inspire-therapy-works/

That is really interesting, L.  I like how it uses a different method, which provides hope to people who have given up on the air machines.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2780 on: February 07, 2016, 07:53:23 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I picked up a case today which has been gaining quite some media attention.
  I was already interviewed tonight at my office by Channel 41 (Spanish Channel) which airs tonight at 11:00 pm but I am
not sure I can even find it.  And yes, I spoke Spanish and English.
  Tuesday, after I turn this kid in to the police, there is a huge Press Conference with every news station and media outlet
ready to place their microphone at the podium outside as I leave the Police Station.
Harley

Teen charged in Paterson 'knockout' assault to surrender

February 7, 2016, 10:39 AM    Last updated: Sunday, February 7, 2016, 6:29 PM

By Linda Moss

staff writer |

The Record

Print

PATERSON — A 17-year-old wanted for allegedly punching and knocking out an elderly unsuspecting victim, an assault that was recorded and went viral on social media, plans to surrender to city police on Tuesday, according to the youth’s lawyer.

Attorney Harley Breite said Sunday that he had been retained by the suspect’s family. Breite has reached out to Paterson police to arrange for his client to turn himself in at noon Tuesday at city police headquarters.

Breite said he was waiting until Tuesday to turn in his client, the 17-year-old suspect, because he needs time to prepare the youth for “for a safe surrender.” He added that the teenager’s family had contacted him on Sunday.

Related:  Police investigate video showing 'knockout' assault in Paterson 

“I’d like to thank Lieutenant Navaro of the Paterson Police Department for his courtesies and cooperation in allowing me to turn in my client,” Breite said.

The lawyer added that he planned to enter a not guilty plea on behalf of the teenager, who lives in Paterson, to charges of aggravated assault and endangering an injured victim.

The youth, who allegedly struck the victim in the face, is one of two city juveniles charged with being involved in the attack. The second youth, a 16-year-old who allegedly recorded the assault and “is heard encouraging the aggressor,” turned himself in to Paterson police at 5 p.m. on Saturday night, according to a press release issued Sunday morning by City Police Director Jerry Speziale.

In that statement, Speziale said that police were searching for a 17-year-old, who they identified after an investigation that started last Thursday when police became aware of the video, which Speziale said was posted on Facebook. The video went viral.

“It is unfair for anyone to draw a conclusion without knowing what precipitated the events caught on video,” Breite said.

In the video, laughter can be heard in the background as the elderly man is seen being punched in the face by a male juvenile. The victim was left lying on the street, apparently unconscious. The assault, which took place on Dec. 7, “occurred without provocation, as the elderly man was getting ready to cross Rosa Parks Boulevard from Van Houten Street,” Speziale’s press release said.

The attack depicted in the video appears similar to that of what has been termed the “knockout game,” where someone punches an unsuspecting victim in an attempt to knock him or her out and records the incident on video, which is then posted on social media.

"This shameless act of violence was thoroughly investigated and the tireless efforts by the detectives involved is commendable," Speziale said in his press release. "No stone was left unturned in identifying those responsible. The juvenile at large will continue to be sought with the same tenacity and will face swift and decisive justice for this senseless act of violence."

Breite said that the 17-year-old is not a flight risk.

“If I say he’s coming in, he’s coming in,” the lawyer said. “He’s 17 years old. He has no money and no means to flee, and his family has retained me as private counsel. Why would he flee?”

The youth’s alleged accomplice was charged with aggravated assault and endangering an injured victim.

Paterson police got a call about the video from a media outlet on Thursday, then the department began its investigation.

“Detectives assigned to the Paterson Police Juvenile Division followed a countless number of tips and went through countless records, leading to the identification of the assailant,” the press release said.

Speziale commended Detectives Charlie Garcia, Joel Santiago, Mike Figueroa, Cindy Carrera and Jeff Robinson for their non-stop work on the case since Thursday.

Email: moss@northjersey.com

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2781 on: February 07, 2016, 08:41:05 PM »
This may be the video that started the investigation.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2782 on: February 08, 2016, 05:06:29 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  That is the video in question.
  Last night, my channel 6, the Spanish Channel ran the interview.
  Tomorrow will be a media frenzy.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2783 on: February 08, 2016, 08:25:29 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  That is the video in question.
  Last night, my channel 6, the Spanish Channel ran the interview.
  Tomorrow will be a media frenzy.
Harley

Interest is building big on this one.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #2784 on: February 08, 2016, 08:36:05 AM »
Lock him up.
6 months min.
©

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2785 on: February 08, 2016, 11:36:48 AM »
Harley, If you win that one, you could turn out to the 'finest' barrister within the legal 'game'.

If I had witnessed that personally, you'd have an additional client, but in my case it would have been a murder rap.

My hatred for this kid is somewhat extreme and I find it amazing (commendable???) that you could even represent this kid.

I hope your legal fee is as extreme as my hatred toward this individual  is!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2786 on: February 08, 2016, 11:57:06 AM »
Harley, If you win that one, you could turn out to the 'finest' barrister within the legal 'game'.

If I had witnessed that personally, you'd have an additional client, but in my case it would have been a murder rap.

My hatred for this kid is somewhat extreme and I find it amazing (commendable???) reprehensible  that you could even represent this kid.

I hope your legal fee is as extreme as my hatred toward this individual  is!

:

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2787 on: February 08, 2016, 01:26:18 PM »
I believe Harley will have a positive influence on him.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #2788 on: February 08, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »
I believe Harley will have a positive influence on him.

Most likely.
©

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2789 on: February 08, 2016, 03:12:29 PM »
It's possible that Harley could have a positive influence on this punk but if I was sitting as the judge in this case, no matter what the defense may be, I would find this punk GUILTY and sentence him to 30 days on that same street corner and sell raffle tickets to everyone who would want to win the right to sucker punch this punk.

There would be three winners each day so over the next 30 day period this punk would go down 90 times  regardless of his physical condition.

This might deter this shit that seems to be so popular today.

OH yea! ... The raffle ticket proceeds would be given to the old guy who we saw go down in the video.

If Harley gets him off somehow (which appears to be impossible), we will be seeing this sort of shit going on without end.

Can anyone possibly give Harley some good defense ideas that might allow this punk to get off scott-free?

Ditto for the punk who took the video!

Let's "hang him" also!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2790 on: February 08, 2016, 07:23:23 PM »

Dear Princess L,
  You are most certainly entitled to your opinion.
  Perhaps you might watch tomorrow's Press Conference and learn a bit more about this "punk" and
think just slightly differently as to how we punish/rehabilitate a kid with his issues who just turned 18 years of age.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2791 on: February 08, 2016, 07:25:03 PM »

My hatred for this kid is somewhat extreme and I find it amazing (commendable???) that you could even represent this kid.

I hope your legal fee is as extreme as my hatred toward this individual  is!

Dear Stuntmovie,
  What do you mean by "if you win that one..."?
  You meant to say, "When you win that one".
Harley

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2792 on: February 08, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »
Harley, if I was videotaped stomping the shit out of your "client", would you defend me?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2793 on: February 08, 2016, 09:13:56 PM »
Harley, if I was videotaped stomping the shit out of your "client", would you defend me?

Dear Chaos,
  If you paid my fee, all up front and in cash, why yes, I would be honored to represent you pertaining
to the completely false charges levied against you despite some video of which we have no way to corroborate
its authenticity in terms of never having been edited, what prompted the video or its chain of custody.
Harley

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2794 on: February 09, 2016, 07:51:47 AM »
Dear Princess L,
  You are most certainly entitled to your opinion.
  Perhaps you might watch tomorrow's Press Conference and learn a bit more about this "punk" and
think just slightly differently as to how we punish/rehabilitate a kid with his issues who just turned 18 years of age.
Harley

Going for the window licker defense huh?
:

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2795 on: February 09, 2016, 07:55:01 AM »
Dear Princess L,
  I am not familiar with that defense.
  Whatever becomes of this case, at least you will be comforted knowing that it was handled by
the best criminal justice system in the entire free world, despite its numerous flaws.
Harley

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2796 on: February 09, 2016, 08:20:35 AM »
Dear Stuntmovie,
  What do you mean by "if you win that one..."?
  You meant to say, "When you win that one".
Harley

I like your style, Harley.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2797 on: February 09, 2016, 09:05:07 AM »
PATERSON - The teen charged in an unprovoked attack seen in a video widely shared on social media plans to surrender to police Tuesday, his attorney said.

The teen, who was 17 at the time of the attack, plans to turn himself in at 12 p.m. at Paterson Police Headquarters on Broadway.

Harley Breite, his attorney, said his client felt turning himself in would be best for himself and his family.

"It's the right thing to do," Breite said.

The video shows the teen punch an elderly man in the face on Dec. 7, Paterson Police Director Jerry Speziale has said. He's charged with aggravated assault and endangering an injured victim.

The person who took the video, a 16-year-old, turned himself in on Saturday to face the same charges, Speziale said. Their names have not been released because they were minors at the time of the alleged attack, though Breite said his client has since turned 18.

Breite said the teen would plead not guilty to the charges.

"He's nervous, but anxious to begin the process to have all of the truth come out," he said.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2798 on: February 09, 2016, 10:21:21 AM »
Getbig's own Harley Breite.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2799 on: February 09, 2016, 10:22:40 AM »
Kristian Gonzalez, 18, who is accused of punching and knocking out an elderly man on a city street turned himself in to city police at their headquarters at noon. The attack, which happened in December, appeared to have been planned in a video that went viral on the Internet.

Gonzalez showed up in a black hoodie with his lawyer, Harley Breite, and a media scrum followed him to the police department doorsteps.

Breite said Gonzalez is schizophrenic and had attention deficit disorder. He takes 20 milligrams daily of Abilify, an anti-psychotic drug, and 1,000 milligrams daily of Depakote, an anti-convulsant. He was being processed for arrest and was to be taken to a juvenile detention center, Breite said. No court date has been set.

He is charged with aggravated assault and endangering a victim.

Breite said the defendant has the support of his mother, father and brother. He “knows” the person who shot video of the attack, who Breite said provoked him. That person, a 16-year-old, reportedly turned himself in to police last week.

Breite denied Gonzalez was participating in what’s known as the “knockout game.”

“I don’t think my client was entertaining anything in terms of a game,” he said.

Gonzalez, who turned 18 in December, attends Great Falls Academy, the lawyer said. It’s not clear whether prosecutors will charge him as a juvenile, he said.