Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 590005 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2750 on: February 01, 2016, 06:36:21 AM »
The liver is all healed but there is no MMA or contact until I hit my 100%

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #2751 on: February 01, 2016, 07:57:10 AM »
  Down to 180.8 which is 47 pounds lighter than last year. 
Keep up the good work Harley!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2752 on: February 01, 2016, 10:25:18 PM »
Hey Guys,
  Any word from Pellius?
Harley

I'm back. Good to hear about your progress. One thing that kind of got me wondering was that you said somewhere earlier that you can get by on two meals a day. On this diet I think you said that you are eating five to six meals a day.

Why do you eat so often when you are trying to lose weight?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2753 on: February 02, 2016, 04:07:20 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  Great to hear from you.  I am glad you are ok.
  I am not trying to lose "weight" anymore, but rather, attempting to get into "condition" and add some muscle.
  I eat very small meals, 5 times a day, usually drinking 2-3 of them.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2754 on: February 02, 2016, 05:36:16 PM »
  It's been 2 very bad, awful days in a row.  I feel as if everything around me is just black and endless, like a black hole.

"And I'm driving a stolen car
   On a pitch black night
   And I'm telling myself I'm gonna be alright
   But I ride by night and I travel in fear
   That in this darkness I will disappear."

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2755 on: February 02, 2016, 05:45:07 PM »
Dear Pellius,
  Great to hear from you.  I am glad you are ok.
  I am not trying to lose "weight" anymore, but rather, attempting to get into "condition" and add some muscle.
  I eat very small meals, 5 times a day, usually drinking 2-3 of them.
Harley

I see, I thought for some reason you were trying to get down to 165 lb first before building back up.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2756 on: February 02, 2016, 05:46:44 PM »
  It's been 2 very bad, awful days in a row.  I feel as if everything around me is just black and endless, like a black hole.

"And I'm driving a stolen car
   On a pitch black night
   And I'm telling myself I'm gonna be alright
   But I ride by night and I travel in fear
   That in this darkness I will disappear."

Sorry to hear that. What made those days so awful? Is it work related or related to your training/dieting?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2757 on: February 02, 2016, 05:57:00 PM »
It's a personal issue in my private life.
Sometimes, the anxiety freezes me and I don't want to leave my bed.
Pathetic.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2758 on: February 03, 2016, 12:10:42 PM »
Harley, DOMS is delayed-onset soreness.  After that layoff, I'd imagine you felt it.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2759 on: February 04, 2016, 06:25:50 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I started off a bit slowly, except for legs, so I wasn't uncomfortably sore.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2760 on: February 04, 2016, 06:27:07 PM »
Well Guys,
  I can tell you that tomorrow is either going to be a really good day or it's going to be the site of an awful crash.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2761 on: February 04, 2016, 06:39:06 PM »
Well Guys,
  I can tell you that tomorrow is either going to be a really good day or it's going to be the site of an awful crash.
Harley

Think positively, Harley.  Everything can work out for the best.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2762 on: February 05, 2016, 12:34:15 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Thanks for your continued support during this most difficult time.
  Today was as good a day as I could've hoped for.
  I still have quite a bit of anxiety but things might be able to improve and I should know
better within the next 3 days.
  Thanks so much.
Harley

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #2763 on: February 05, 2016, 12:55:46 PM »
Cheesy inspirational quotes make me shudder, but I will say just one thing if I may Harley:

As a lifelong pessimist and user of the psychological approach of 'bullet proofing' (i.e. always expecting the worst), I have come to think that perhaps most of the time - not all of the time - but just enough of the time to matter - things turn out better than we feared.  

I sincerely hope this is the case for you with whatever your 'thing' is

Best Wishes as always,
Taf

T

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2764 on: February 05, 2016, 02:43:52 PM »
Dear Taf,
   Much appreciated.  I don't claim to be alone in bouts of depression nor do I have any answers.
   One day, science is going to help all of us in many more ways but in order to get to that point, this country
and the FDA have to become less myopic and bureaucratic.
Harley

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2765 on: February 05, 2016, 09:32:11 PM »
Dear Harley,

Perhaps advising this young person might give some insight into your own.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=604101.0

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2766 on: February 06, 2016, 04:13:55 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  It's great to hear from you.
  I don't think I am in any shape to advise anyone as to how to live their life or how to find peace of mind.
  I just finished my 45 minutes of cardio and will do legs today.  I know Craig won't see any change in me
this week so he will probably increase the cardio to an hour a day which sucks.
  I went to the doctor for my sleep apnea.  It cost me $850 to rent the machine to take the test.
  The test revealed that I stop breathing 189 times per night for a period of 30 seconds each time.  They call that
"severe."
  I am ordering the machine and mask so that I don't snore which keeps anyone around me awake.  Supposedly, I
will also sleep better but I doubt that given that I can't breathe through my nose and a full face mask at night won't
help my claustrophobia either.
  I am not doing this to sleep better but only because someone next to me couldn't sleep and I can't afford to have that
create a problem for me.
  I didn't much practice piano this week but did a little bit and have a FaceTime lesson later today.
  I scheduled some meetings tomorrow night during the Super Bowl as I just can't stand watching that ridiculous game in which
100 million people say "our" team won or loss.  Really?  Unless you are on the field participating, how do you really get to the point
of being a fanatic and saying "we" won or "we" lost?  I just don't get the whole "team sports" issue.
  You may criticize bodybuilding for a plethora of things, but, it is truly an individualized sport in which the credit for success or the
blame for failure rests virtually entirely upon the individual himself.  Nietzsche would be proud.
  Hoping to have a day with less anxiety.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2767 on: February 06, 2016, 09:48:17 AM »
Hey Guys,
  A brutally crushing leg workout.
  I began by super-setting leg curls (hamstrings) with the Butt Blaster (like a hamstring kickback).
  Ok, go ahead, say what you want, but how many of you have actually used the Butt Blaster for 12 continuous weeks while dieting?
  Well, before you criticize that machine, do just that.  So many of the pros use it to get ready for a contest in order to work the
hamstring/glute tie in and to tighten up the butt and hamstrings.  I believe in it.  Those super sets were really great.  I was drenched just
from them.
  I then moved onto quads where I did drop sets on the leg extension machine.  4 sets of that and then squatted 315 for a couple of sets.
  I was completely spent.
  If you really put your mind onto envisioning the muscle while it is working and you can put your hand on the muscle and feel it flex, become tense
and then move and relax, you can really motivate yourself into believing that you can actually change the way you look.  I use a great deal of mental
visualization when I train legs.   Of course, my pacing up and down before each set of squats and then my screaming just before and during the set
makes some people think I am a jerk but I always ask, "If you are working harder than me, then you can say something to me."  The gym is not a social
environment for me and time is too precious an asset to waste by sitting around talking about your favorite quarterback or how much you drank last night.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2768 on: February 06, 2016, 09:58:36 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  It's great to hear from you.
  I don't think I am in any shape to advise anyone as to how to live their life or how to find peace of mind.
  I just finished my 45 minutes of cardio and will do legs today.  I know Craig won't see any change in me
this week so he will probably increase the cardio to an hour a day which sucks.
  I went to the doctor for my sleep apnea.  It cost me $850 to rent the machine to take the test.
  The test revealed that I stop breathing 189 times per night for a period of 30 seconds each time.  They call that
"severe."
  I am ordering the machine and mask so that I don't snore which keeps anyone around me awake.  Supposedly, I
will also sleep better but I doubt that given that I can't breathe through my nose and a full face mask at night won't
help my claustrophobia either.
  I am not doing this to sleep better but only because someone next to me couldn't sleep and I can't afford to have that
create a problem for me.
  I didn't much practice piano this week but did a little bit and have a FaceTime lesson later today.
  I scheduled some meetings tomorrow night during the Super Bowl as I just can't stand watching that ridiculous game in which
100 million people say "our" team won or loss.  Really?  Unless you are on the field participating, how do you really get to the point
of being a fanatic and saying "we" won or "we" lost?  I just don't get the whole "team sports" issue.
  You may criticize bodybuilding for a plethora of things, but, it is truly an individualized sport in which the credit for success or the
blame for failure rests virtually entirely upon the individual himself.  Nietzsche would be proud.
  Hoping to have a day with less anxiety.
Harley

Harley, please keep at the apnea problem until it is solved.  There are at least a couple types of "machines" for that, some with constant pressure and some without.  There are also different types of masks you can get, and some combination of those things will work for you.

You will feel like a new person when you begin to breathe properly during sleep.  Please don't conclude that it's too much of a bother, as so many people do.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2769 on: February 06, 2016, 10:06:19 AM »
Hey Guys,
  A brutally crushing leg workout.
  I began by super-setting leg curls (hamstrings) with the Butt Blaster (like a hamstring kickback).
  Ok, go ahead, say what you want, but how many of you have actually used the Butt Blaster for 12 continuous weeks while dieting?
  Well, before you criticize that machine, do just that.  So many of the pros use it to get ready for a contest in order to work the
hamstring/glute tie in and to tighten up the butt and hamstrings.  I believe in it.  Those super sets were really great.  I was drenched just
from them.
  I then moved onto quads where I did drop sets on the leg extension machine.  4 sets of that and then squatted 315 for a couple of sets.
  I was completely spent.
  If you really put your mind onto envisioning the muscle while it is working and you can put your hand on the muscle and feel it flex, become tense
and then move and relax, you can really motivate yourself into believing that you can actually change the way you look.  I use a great deal of mental
visualization when I train legs.   Of course, my pacing up and down before each set of squats and then my screaming just before and during the set
makes some people think I am a jerk but I always ask, "If you are working harder than me, then you can say something to me."  The gym is not a social
environment for me and time is too precious an asset to waste by sitting around talking about your favorite quarterback or how much you drank last night.
Harley

I've noticed that by staring at a fixed point during sets (it can be anything, including what I use at home which is a rivet on a toolbox, lol), it will amp up the concentration like nothing else.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2770 on: February 06, 2016, 10:07:15 AM »
Btw, anyone know why the GB site traffic has been so slow?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2771 on: February 06, 2016, 10:30:45 AM »
I haven't had much free time to read anything but this most recent 'page' and I hope you all don't mind if I butt in and offer a few comments which may be a bit off subject; but since I had the privilege of meeting Harley (along with Craig and Wiggs and Ronand numerous passer-byers), I don't think he'll send the pose.

TEFFIN,  You mentioned 'bullet proofing' (i.e. always expecting the worst), someplace above up there and ONCE UPON A TIME NOT TOO VERY LONG AGO we referred to that term as CONTINGENCY PLANNING which may still be the common term used within he Corps today.

Contingency planning has been a major modus operandi since those good old days when my DI informed me that the use of toilet paper is just another way of painting your ass with shit ... so an immediate shower after taking a dump has also been an aquired modus operandi.

But the proper procedure of planning my day in the event that anything can go wrong is a major problem for those involved within my daily activities.

In most cases Contingency Planning drives them crazy .... but that merely tells me that they have never been in a combat situation.

HARLEY ... I also suffer from SLEEP APNEA, and my VA doc sent me to what I call "SLEEP CAMP" where they wired me up and told me to go to sleep and woke me up constantly to see if I was sleeping and then took all the wires off and sent me on my way about 0430 in the morning.

Eventually I got that mask and that sleep machine, but when it arrived the dog ate my mask and the machine still sits  on the top shelf of my closet.

Are  you aware that there is a computer chip in that machine that records some sort of historical data of your sleep activity?

All that had to do was my apnea was free but I recently had to have my toe nails cut by a podiatrist because of some toenail fungus I've been having problems with.... and since I could not schedule a VA appointment in a timely manner, I used my second free insurance policy and saw a 'civilian' podiatrist  who cut my toenails which took about 10 minutes or less.

That toenail 'service' cost the insurance company $2,000 and I had to pay something called a 'co-fee' of $50.

No wonder medical service is so screwed up here in the USA .

HARELY, I am still reading your grandfather's book and I find it extremely interesting. Thanks for your recommendation.

BUT ...that damn dog again! He chewed the front over off of it.

But it's still readable and I intend to pass it on to others who will feel the same way I do about it.

SORRY, but one las thing ..... I've been through a lot of days within my lifetime  ....and to be perfectly honest I can only recall about three days within all those years outside of the death of loved ones where I've felt less than "happy".

(I honestly believe that that is a part of my inherent 'insanity'.)

And for some unknown reason I also had two very mild cases of anxiety attacks which disappeared immediately after I ran around once the block.

My anxiety experiences were mild and I have no idea of why they even occurred ... but I have had a couple of friends who attempted suicide during sever cases.

Sorry about all the above but I had some unknown need to butt in.

Yada, yada, yada.

Harely, my best to you in all your endeavors. You are a credit to the legal profession.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2772 on: February 06, 2016, 10:42:43 AM »
LAS VEGAS, I gotta thank you for your APNEA comment you just posted.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2773 on: February 06, 2016, 11:19:48 AM »
Dear Stuntmovie,
   I never mind any of your comments as they are always well-intentioned and insightful.  You have led quite the full life
and there is much to be learned from your experiences.

Dear Las Vegas,
  I am getting the machine after the doctor reviewed my test results which I think I had posted.  For me, I could care less but
just most recently, I had to take notice that someone sleeping next to me couldn't sleep and I wasn't willing to risk losing that person for anything so I
immediately, upon my return from Switzerland, I sought to resolve the problem.
  Perhaps I have said too much.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2774 on: February 06, 2016, 11:30:41 AM »
Dear Stuntmovie,
   I never mind any of your comments as they are always well-intentioned and insightful.  You have led quite the full life
and there is much to be learned from your experiences.

Dear Las Vegas,
  I am getting the machine after the doctor reviewed my test results which I think I had posted.  For me, I could care less but
just most recently, I had to take notice that someone sleeping next to me couldn't sleep and I wasn't willing to risk losing that person for anything so I
immediately, upon my return from Switzerland, I sought to resolve the problem.
  Perhaps I have said too much.
Harley

No, you need to take it seriously for every reason and no matter what else is happening.  It beats the living hell out of a body, and over the course of time it will destroy and kill a person.