Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 591865 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2700 on: January 23, 2016, 11:44:24 AM »
Good Luck Harley.
You are a great man.
a

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2701 on: January 23, 2016, 11:57:11 AM »
Great to hear you're feeling better.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #2702 on: January 23, 2016, 12:07:29 PM »
Great to hear you're feeling better.

+1
©

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2703 on: January 23, 2016, 01:55:32 PM »
Hey Guys,
  Thanks.  Ate 3 times so far (a real miracle for a guy who can eat twice a day and just drink tons of coffee) and did 45 minutes
of cardio.
  I will be relying quite a bit on Craig in terms of emotional support, more than usual and will probably drive him crazy asking him
some of the same questions over and over but we are 18 years now Training Partners so it comes with the territory.
  Craig will be doing the NY Pro, Puerto Rico and Toronto all at the 212 lbs. division.  The good thing is that they are all on consecutive
weekends. 
  MHP is still shaking things up quite a bit but I hope they keep Craig on as an athlete.  It will be curious to see what becomes of Victor Martinez.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2704 on: January 23, 2016, 04:23:18 PM »
So you're still on very very low carbs, Harley? (like almost none)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2705 on: January 24, 2016, 05:09:10 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Right now I am not eating any carbs.  I am very carb sensitive but being that today is Day 2 of at least a 10 Week Program,
I will have Craig take a look at me this week and tell me if we need to change that.
  Having a Pro Bodybuilder helping you is great as it gives me insight into things I would never have known.
 For example:  Because I am so damn sensitive to carbs, Craig has me eat carbs well before my "Peak Day" so that when we really need
to make a real improvement in my condition, he can deplete the carbs then and it should make for a better effect.
  I never would have thought of that.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2706 on: January 24, 2016, 08:27:35 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Right now I am not eating any carbs.  I am very carb sensitive but being that today is Day 2 of at least a 10 Week Program,
I will have Craig take a look at me this week and tell me if we need to change that.
  Having a Pro Bodybuilder helping you is great as it gives me insight into things I would never have known.
 For example:  Because I am so damn sensitive to carbs, Craig has me eat carbs well before my "Peak Day" so that when we really need
to make a real improvement in my condition, he can deplete the carbs then and it should make for a better effect.
  I never would have thought of that.
Harley

Harley, I'm wondering if such low carbs might cause a bad situation to seem intolerable, mentally.  Have you considered that your recent struggle may be related to it?

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2707 on: January 24, 2016, 08:37:40 AM »
Harley, I'm wondering if such low carbs might cause a bad situation to seem intolerable, mentally.  Have you considered that your recent struggle may be related to it?

Yeah, I was wondering the same.
©

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2708 on: January 24, 2016, 08:43:03 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering the same.

I can't imagine trying to do the work Harley does, either, without carbs.

But he's been down this road before on some level, so there's that.  This isn't the first time he's gotten into top shape (nh).

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2709 on: January 24, 2016, 08:44:32 AM »
I can't imagine trying to do the work Harley does, either, without carbs.

But he's been down this road before on some level, so there's that.  This isn't the first time he's gotten into top shape (nh).

Same.
©

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2710 on: January 24, 2016, 05:58:46 PM »
Hey Guys,
 Thanks very much.  I ate a few bad meals this past week so it's not a carb thing.
 The next 3 weeks will be quite a challenge for me for personal reasons.  I feel as if I can get through the next 3 weeks, I will
be in a very good place. 
  Well, LOL, Day 2 of the Diet went perfectly.  45 minutes of cardio and just an hour before my last and fifth meal goes down.
  I have 10 cases on tomorrow including a trial call for a client who should in no way even consider letting a jury hear his case but he
is irrational.  That is a tough day for a lawyer.
  However, I have my suit chosen and ironed already (I never do that the night before).
  I have my food ready to be heated up in the morning and thrown into plastic containers.
  I am sure to get my 45 minutes of cardio done before I go to court (hell, if I am late, who cares? They keep me waiting all the time
and the truth is, that they can't start without me).
  Tough day tomorrow but no way am I messing up.
  I really appreciate all your positive energy.  I certainly don't want to post a bad photo in 10 weeks (although I will NOT be wider than Heath).
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2711 on: January 24, 2016, 07:01:49 PM »
That sounds good, Harley.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2712 on: January 26, 2016, 09:34:34 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Off to the gym for my first workout on the new 10 Week Diet Program.
  I did my 45 minutes of cardio this morning so it's just off to do chest.
  Hoping to make it through the next 3 weeks as I mentioned are going to be quite difficult
on a personal level.
  Hope you guys are training well.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2713 on: January 26, 2016, 05:06:55 PM »
Hey Guys,
  Off to the gym for my first workout on the new 10 Week Diet Program.
  I did my 45 minutes of cardio this morning so it's just off to do chest.
  Hoping to make it through the next 3 weeks as I mentioned are going to be quite difficult
on a personal level.
  Hope you guys are training well.
Harley

Harley, is this the first real W-O since the injury?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2714 on: January 26, 2016, 05:11:22 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Yes, today was the first real workout since my liver injury on November 3rd.
  It ended up being biceps and triceps as I was confused earlier.
  Craig is super setting them for the first 4 weeks of his Diet/Training in an effort to burn additional calories.
  He has had very god success doing this and he included drop sets today.
  We did a set of biceps then rush over and do a set of triceps.  That is one set.  3 Sets per each exercise (as it is a super set with drop sets and the
beginning of the Program).
  We did 3 different Super Sets in total.
  Excellent first day for me.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2715 on: January 26, 2016, 06:04:58 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Yes, today was the first real workout since my liver injury on November 3rd.
  It ended up being biceps and triceps as I was confused earlier.
  Craig is super setting them for the first 4 weeks of his Diet/Training in an effort to burn additional calories.
  He has had very god success doing this and he included drop sets today.
  We did a set of biceps then rush over and do a set of triceps.  That is one set.  3 Sets per each exercise (as it is a super set with drop sets and the
beginning of the Program).
  We did 3 different Super Sets in total.
  Excellent first day for me.
Harley

Did it feel like you lost a lot of strength??

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2716 on: January 27, 2016, 06:24:34 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Oh sure, I lost a great deal of strength from not training since the first of November but the truth is, I don't care at all.
  Given my age (48), I have accepted that I will never be massive or even "big" but I am ok with that.  Having a nice lean yet
muscular physique is my goal.  I am no, and have never been, a bodybuilder but only a guy who strove to look like one.  It's
funny to even write such a preposterous statement but I think you guys especially, understand what I mean.
  The only area where weight matters to me is LEGS!!!  I can get myself pretty crazy, psyched up and do quite a bit more weight
than would be expected.  Leg day is always intense for me.  Craig hates Leg Day more than any other day (my least favorite is Back Day).
I do expect to be moving some very heavy weight on legs in about 2 months.
Harley

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2717 on: January 27, 2016, 07:13:21 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Oh sure, I lost a great deal of strength from not training since the first of November but the truth is, I don't care at all.
  Given my age (48), I have accepted that I will never be massive or even "big" but I am ok with that.  Having a nice lean yet
muscular physique is my goal.  I am no, and have never been, a bodybuilder but only a guy who strove to look like one.  It's
funny to even write such a preposterous statement but I think you guys especially, understand what I mean.
  The only area where weight matters to me is LEGS!!!  I can get myself pretty crazy, psyched up and do quite a bit more weight
than would be expected.  Leg day is always intense for me.  Craig hates Leg Day more than any other day (my least favorite is Back Day).
I do expect to be moving some very heavy weight on legs in about 2 months.
Harley
HE HATES LEG DAY ,,HIS LEGS ARE HIS BEST BODYPART LOL...

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #2718 on: January 27, 2016, 08:04:51 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Given my age (48), I have accepted that I will never be massive or even "big" but I am ok with that.  Having a nice lean yet
muscular physique is my goal.  I am no, and have never been, a bodybuilder but only a guy who strove to look like one.  
Harley

Hi Harley,

You've already had some excellent philosophical advice (IMHO) from the other guys, so I'd just like to add 2 things that may be relevant to your training:

1.  We are nearly the same age, and until last year I hadn't trained in years - but based on my experience, muscle memory is going to be your friend - trust me!  You are not starting from scratch - all that work you did in the past will benefit you now, including the fact that your mind-muscle connection is already well developed - you'll see results in weeks not months, even if you can only find time for a top/bottom split each week

2.  Be cautious about solely using weight loss as a success factor during this time - at the risk of stating the obvious - if you quickly build/regain muscle while losing fat the scale can play tricks on you - regular measurements of the chest:back ratio can be more telling

Qui languerat sanum  :)
Taf
T

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2719 on: January 27, 2016, 10:06:16 AM »
Under a separate topic regarding, "WHO MET RON?", I mentioned that I had met RON on numerous occasions, but I failed to mention that the most recent occasion was during the recent "OLYMPIA, Meet the Champions", MYSELF and RON and HARLEY and CRAIG and WIGGS managed to gather together and have a decent 20 minute conversation.

During that brief conversation we managed to solve all the world's problems including the impending invasion from outer galaxies and the mysteries of electricity within the 21st century.

It's always a pleasure meeting RON and HARLEY and CRAIG and WiGGs.

Our only regret is that Marty Champion was not present.

Maybe next year!

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2720 on: January 27, 2016, 10:10:31 AM »
Under a separate topic regarding, "WHO MET RON?", I mentioned that I had met RON on numerous occasions, but I failed to mention that the most recent occasion was during the recent "OLYMPIA, Meet the Champions", MYSELF and RON and HARLEY and CRAIG and WIGGS managed to gather together and have a decent 20 minute conversation.

During that brief conversation we managed to solve all the world's problems including the impending invasion from outer galaxies and the mysteries of electricity within the 21st century.

It's always a pleasure meeting RON and HARLEY and CRAIG and WiGGs.

Our only regret is that Marty Champion was not present.

Maybe next year!
Bring some paint thinner and he'll find a way to make it.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2721 on: January 27, 2016, 02:25:56 PM »
Dear Taffin,
  Your advice exactly echoes that of Craig's!!!  He always says forget the scale, weight is just a number.  You can lose 50 pounds and not change
your "condition."  You will just be a smaller version but still fat without muscle.
  You are completely correct in my opinion!!!
  I mention the weight because at my height of 5 feet 7 inches, I couldn't have possibly looked good at 227 pounds which I was just one year ago.
  The weight had to come down so I could at least get to a point where the fat would not completely obliterate any muscle gain.
  I agree about the proportions and the actual weight is less important to me than my actual condition.
  Craig believes that once I hit the 1.5 hour morning cardio and then the afternoon or evening 1.5 hour cardio session, that will be the finishing
touch on what I was able to do up to that point.
  The diet is spot on despite massive hunger pains late at night. 
  I am not sure why, but I personally believe that when my target date (sometime in April) arrives, I will look better than I EVER looked before and
better than some of the black and white (no homo) photos I posted on this thread a long ways back.  I like to say that I looked like a ripped model but
with some more muscle.
  I have all the motivation I need, trust me and if I can make it through my anxiety/psychological issues these next 3 weeks, I am home free!!!
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2722 on: January 27, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »
Hey Guys,
  You are going to kill me but here goes:
  Every time I hear the song "Day By Day" from Godspell (1970's Broadway play), I feel better.
  Try it.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2723 on: January 27, 2016, 02:35:02 PM »
Hey Guys,
  One of the short term goals I set for myself has been put into motion:
  As I may have mentioned, I began attempting to learn how to play piano 7 years ago.  I convinced my
parents to let me buy a Concert Grand Piano, brand new for the house, if I lasted with my piano lessons for one
full year.
  Well, after a year, I took them to the piano builder and shortly thereafter, we had a brand new Concert Grand Piano.
  You might remember that my Dad played 10 instruments, piano especially, by ear, and graduated from the High School
of Performing Arts in NYC (the place they depicted "Fame").
  Well, I still suck at piano but I try desperately. 
  You will now kill me even more so as I admit that I only play romantic songs, no rock, no jazz, nothing but romantic love songs (even if classical).
  Well, I have hired a different teacher to work intensely with me on elevating the manner in which I "play" the very first and most important song I
sought out to play.  We have a FaceTime Lesson every 48 hours now and he come to my home (he lives in Virginia) once a month now for 8 hours at a
time and we sit and learn to play that song in hopefully, a more beautiful and sophisticated manner.  I strive to achieve a higher level of playing this song
on the same day my physical condition hits 100%!!!!
  Our first live lesson together is Friday.
  Ok, I know it sounds crazy but I am highly motivated and have hit all the marks he set for me so far.
  Go ahead, I am ready.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2724 on: January 27, 2016, 02:47:06 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I also wanted to know if you had heard from Pellius.
  I hope he hasn't become bored with this thread.   I miss hearing from him too.
Harley