Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 585149 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2650 on: January 02, 2016, 01:54:51 AM »
BTW, though I don't know Evan personally he seems like an OK guy. Certainly no worse than other pro bbers. But I will say this, training in modern commercial gyms today is one of the most frustrating things for someone serious about his training. Back in the 1980s, weight lifting was not mainstream and the only people who took the time to be there were serious by default. Nobody went there to make friends or to socialize. But, ironically, the bonds and camaraderie you made then is not comparable to those today who shut themselves off with head phones and cell phones. I use an Ipod too because most people there I don't want to associate with. But I do miss the days when you can call anybody for a spot or find a workout partner for the night. No need for head phones or cells as the heckling and ball busting was good enough to keep you motivated and in good spirits.

To say I have not wanted to slap a few ass clowns, and would have if provoked, would be an understatement. For the last year I have actually rearranged my entire life schedule just so I can go to the gym and train from 1:00-2:30 am so I can train in relative peace.

I leave the gym invigorated  and positive, rather then drained and pissed, even though coming in those hours are though. 

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2651 on: January 03, 2016, 05:10:06 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  I am thankful you have returned and am surprised that you would be flattered in being missed.
  I am sure many of us are thankful that you post your thoughts and take the time to present well thought out and
well written opinions.  Whether or not we agree, is quite irrelevant; it is the manner and quality in which the arguments
are presented which matters most.
  I admire you ability to deal with family members but it appears that yours are bit more appreciative and grateful than some
others of whom I know.  I have disassociated myself from my aunts, uncles and cousins.  I can not forgive them for how they treated me
or how they took advantage of my Mom.  Even worse, is there lack of kindness after my father's passing.  I've told my Mother that I will not
even inform her brother or sister or their children of her eventual passing and funeral.  I care not to surround myself with such despicable persons
at what would surely be, the worst moment of my life.
  I am preparing to leave for Switzerland today and am quite anxious as I am not very good with airports and flying.  My issue is not fear of a crash,
but rather, the enclosed areas as I have claustrophobia (not a great trait for BJJ either). 
  I do hope the new year finds you and your family enjoying only the very best of everything.
Harley

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2652 on: January 03, 2016, 05:19:53 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  I am thankful you have returned and am surprised that you would be flattered in being missed.
  I am sure many of us are thankful that you post your thoughts and take the time to present well thought out and
well written opinions.  Whether or not we agree, is quite irrelevant; it is the manner and quality in which the arguments
  I admire you ability to deal with family members but it appears that yours are bit more appreciative and grateful than some
others of whom I know.  I have disassociated myself from my aunts, uncles and cousins.  I can not forgive them for how they treated me
or how they took advantage of my Mom.  Even worse, is there lack of kindness after my father's passing.  I've told my Mother that I will not
even inform her brother or sister or their children of her eventual passing and funeral.  I care not to surround myself with such despicable persons
  I am preparing to leave for Switzerland today and am quite anxious as I am not very good with airports and flying.  My issue is not fear of a crash,
but rather, the enclosed areas as I have claustrophobia (not a great trait for BJJ either). 
  I do hope the new year finds you and your family enjoying only the very best of everything.
Harley
Stay safe, Harley.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2653 on: January 03, 2016, 06:44:29 AM »
Have a great and safe trip. I, too, am a bit claustrophobic but not in a traditional sense. Like I don't freak out during MRIs and such. So it's not being alone in a small space It's being surrounded by a mob that makes me very anxious. Of course I don't like being cramp for comfort reason so being over six feet tall the plane ride is no picnic and the last movie I went to was "Passion of the Christ" so I avoid  theatres as well.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #2654 on: January 03, 2016, 06:57:48 AM »
Dear Pellius,
Harley
fuck that is really sad....some people say bloodis always blood but thata bullshit if they cross the lines they dont deserve to be family anymore they are just assholes

Can i ask you what you are goint to do in switzherland? Many americans comfuse that  country often with sweden lå
.if i someday will come to newyork i want to have a ride in the corvette 😀

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2655 on: January 03, 2016, 09:19:13 AM »
Harley, I cannot wait to see the pics from Switzerland.  Looking forward to it!

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2656 on: January 03, 2016, 03:23:17 PM »
Harley,

I need your hypothetical advice.

So I live in an affluent area, but there is this section we refer to as "rehab row" which has a bunch of seedy ass "motels" rife with riff raff.  Unfortunately, I live across the street from them (didn't know until after I signed the lease, sight unseen).  Anyway, Amazon.com fucked up a delivery and one of my packages wound up over there.  Some ex-marine received the package and was nice enough (or so I thought) to to return the package to my residence. 

On Christmas Day no less, this clown shows up at my condo asking for me by my full name!  He proceeds to then tell me he wants me to keep an eye out for anyone "opening his front door that isn't him".  All of this without leaving a cell phone or any means of contacting him.  He later confesses one of his neighbors is a drug courier and is worried about it.  Then, to top it all off, this ex-Marine proclaims he's going to change the world with his "writing" and other grandiose bullshit.

Clearly, he has some issues.  I'm honestly kind of concerned about it myself.

I don't want to do deal with this shit but I also don't want to set him off.  Any advice?  Thanks in advance.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #2657 on: January 09, 2016, 10:12:03 AM »
1.  I have disassociated myself from my aunts, uncles and cousins.

2.  I am not very good with airports and flying.  My issue is not fear of a crash,
but rather, the enclosed areas as I have claustrophobia

Harley

Belated Happy New Year to you Harley  :)

1.  ditto - and don't look back...

2.  ditto - and something tells me a guy like you doesn't travel economy/cattle/steerage like me!

Hope the injury is healing well?  The 6 weeks must be up soon, if not already.  Days will start getting longer, nice time to get back into the groove for 2016...

Best Wishes,
Taf
T

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2658 on: January 12, 2016, 01:27:36 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I am back from Zurich, Switzerland.  I had the most incredible time of my life.
  Thanks for writing in.
  I am going to get to responding to some of your pending questions.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2659 on: January 12, 2016, 01:30:09 PM »
fuck that is really sad....some people say bloodis always blood but thata bullshit if they cross the lines they dont deserve to be family anymore they are just assholes

Can i ask you what you are goint to do in switzherland? Many americans comfuse that  country often with sweden lå
.if i someday will come to newyork i want to have a ride in the corvette 😀

Dear Kim Jong Bob,
  Should you come to the East Coast of America, as I live in New Jersey, which is just 30 minutes from NYC (without traffic), it would be my pleasure to provide
you with a ride in any of my cars which you might fancy.  It would be my pleasure.
Harley

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2660 on: January 12, 2016, 01:41:38 PM »
Dear Kim Jong Bob,
  Should you come to the East Coast of America, as I live in New Jersey, which is just 30 minutes from NYC (without traffic), it would be my pleasure to provide
you with a ride in any of my cars which you might fancy.  It would be my pleasure.
Harley

A Gentleman

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2661 on: January 12, 2016, 01:45:02 PM »
Belated Happy New Year to you Harley  :)

1.  ditto - and don't look back...

2.  ditto - and something tells me a guy like you doesn't travel economy/cattle/steerage like me!

Hope the injury is healing well?  The 6 weeks must be up soon, if not already.  Days will start getting longer, nice time to get back into the groove for 2016...

Best Wishes,
Taf

Dear Taffin,
  There was a time when I did travel only First Class in terms of airlines but those days are virtually gone.  I did take my Mom and Sister to Las Vegas this past summer and
we did fly first class (it was to provide them with an "Over The Top" vacation as my sister is a school teacher and divorced many years and has never once shown any jealousy in terms of career or
income and I felt she deserved a crazy trip- As far as my Mom who could afford it herself, I took her too as my guest because she is my Mom and deserves that and much more).  This flight
was economy but I bought the extra leg room as I am "Wider Than Heath."
  My liver injury is apparently all healed and I came back ready to begin serious training.  However, I developed 2 different skin infections and just got them both cut into this morning and am
waiting for the lab report to come back in a few days.  I don't know if it's staph infection.  I had MRSA in 2014, which can be deadly as it is resistant to virtually all anti-biotics.  
  I begin my serious training next week.
  As far as my diet plan which I boldly announced here on the site (and yes, I knew the risk and was subsequently again reminded) the liver injury put an end to that as I couldn't train anything or
do cardio for the past 8 weeks.
  However, I did post that I started my diet at 212 pounds before the injury.  Today, I awoke at 188 pounds which was quite rewarding as I fit into the new clothes I just recently bought which were
much smaller than what I've had to wear the past several years.  
  Now, it's time to get in bodybuilding shape!! Just to be clear, for me, that is a model with some muscles.  I am 48 years old and will never be big.  I have previously discussed some of the reasons for that
which include the ability to be a Good Responder and to be able to digest large amounts of food on a regular basis.  I am neither.
  All of my training for my 12 week program starting next week will be without my receiving contact in terms of getting punched, kicked or elbowed to the body.
  I am excited.
  Thanks for asking.
Harley

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #2662 on: January 12, 2016, 01:57:26 PM »
24pounds when you have been injured, condisder yourself lucky cause thats just over the getbig dietlimit for when we can mock you 😀

No but seriously thats  not bad at all

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2663 on: January 12, 2016, 02:20:43 PM »
Dear Kim Jong Bob,
  Thank you for the compliment. I am pleased I look much better but there is much more to achieve.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2664 on: January 12, 2016, 03:22:52 PM »
Welcome back, Harley.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2665 on: January 12, 2016, 03:29:12 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I am back from Zurich, Switzerland.  I had the most incredible time of my life.
  Thanks for writing in.
  I am going to get to responding to some of your pending questions.
Harley

Hey Harley, welcome back.
I can relate to your ideals on a lack of interest in getting involved with traditional "family" events.
I too, enjoy getbig and with the recent passing of my mother, I have no immediate family left.
It was a jolt to look at an old Christmas dinner pic when I was 12 yrs old.
I was seated at a large dinner table with my mom, dad, sister and all 4 grandparents.
Now, I'm the only one left.

In my case, I rarely attended any traditional holiday events with family as an adult.
I did visit them all each year during normal times  and found that form of interaction a lot more genuine and meaningful.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2666 on: January 12, 2016, 05:20:23 PM »
Dear Howard,
  I hope you find solace and comfort in knowing you were a good son and your mother saw that in you.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2667 on: January 12, 2016, 05:25:21 PM »
Harley,

So I live in an affluent area, but there is this section we refer to as "rehab row" which has a bunch of seedy ass "motels" rife with riff raff.  Unfortunately, I live across the street from them (didn't know until after I signed the lease, sight unseen).  Anyway, Amazon.com fucked up a delivery and one of my packages wound up over there.  Some ex-marine received the package and was nice enough (or so I thought) to to return the package to my residence. 

On Christmas Day no less, this clown shows up at my condo asking for me by my full name!  He proceeds to then tell me he wants me to keep an eye out for anyone "opening his front door that isn't him".  All of this without leaving a cell phone or any means of contacting him.  He later confesses one of his neighbors is a drug courier and is worried about it.  Then, to top it all off, this ex-Marine proclaims he's going to change the world with his "writing" and other grandiose bullshit.

I don't want to do deal with this shit but I also don't want to set him off.  Any advice?  Thanks in advance.

Dear SaintAnger,
   I don't have to give you "hypothetical advice" when I can give you my honest opinion.
   If all that you said is true on the end of this "Ex-Marine" I would go to the police station and file a "report" which differs entirely from a "charge" or "complaint."
   A report simply records your story and remains in the possession of the police.  Should there ever be a problem in the future (you may request a restraining order,
you may wish to clear your name from any of his activity or you may need to refer to some proof that you did something to keep out of his business) that report
would serve you well.
   If he ever approached me again, I would tell him, "I think it's best you not come by here anymore.  I'm ok, thanks.  I don't really socialize much."
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2668 on: January 12, 2016, 05:56:28 PM »

Paterson man, 18, pleads not guilty in September fatal shooting

January 12, 2016, 6:33 PM    Last updated: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 6:40 PM

By KIBRET MARKOS

staff writer |

The Record

Print

Justin Ruiz in court on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2016, with attorney Harley Breite.

Mitsu Yasukawa/Staff Photographer

Justin Ruiz in court on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2016, with attorney Harley Breite.

An 18-year-old Paterson man pleaded not guilty Tuesday to charges that he shot a man to death in September, as his lawyer warned that the teen has received death threats and urged authorities to protect him.

“My client categorically denies these allegations,” the lawyer, Harley Breite said about Justin Ruiz, as he was arraigned on murder and weapons charges in Superior Court in Paterson.

Passaic County prosecutors said in a Monday press release that Ruiz was being charged with the shooting death of Zahmir Hayes, 21, of Paterson on Sept. 1, 2015. They declined to provide a motive for the killing.

Breite said Ruiz has received death threats on social media since Monday, when authorities announced that they are charging him with Hayes’ murder.

“I would like the state to be on notice of that,” Breite said at the hearing. “I am alerting the state right now that there is a security issue.” Eileen Kane, a Passaic County senior assistant prosecutor, said she will relay Breite’s concern to her supervisors.

Breite also said he will contact officials at the Passaic County Jail, where Ruiz is being held on $1 million bail.

Ruiz showed no emotion at the hearing Monday. A woman who said she was his mother wept as she sat in the back of the courtroom behind Ruiz. Relatives of Hayes sat quietly on the other side of the courtroom.

Breite said after the hearing that he does not know who made the threats against Ruiz but that he will investigate to determine what type of security his client needs.

Hayes was fatally shot while he was sitting in a BMW X3 near the corner of East 22nd Street and 10th Avenue. A witness told The Record at the time that he looked out his window when he heard a gunshot and saw a car with three or four occupants speeding away from the scene, leaving Hayes’ car idling in the middle of the roadway.

Hayes was free on bail at the time and was awaiting trial on attempted murder charges. He was accused of firing a shotgun at three brothers on North Fourth Street in August 2013 and gravely wounding one of them.

Shortly before his killing, however, Hayes was one of nearly two dozen men who were invited as VIP guests to a Fetty Wap concert in Paterson in appreciation for their effort to maintain a truce that reduced shootings among the city’s rival street gangs.

Paterson saw a series of shootings in 2014 and 2015, many of which were the result of a violent rivalry between street gangs in the city’s 1st and 4th wards. There were no killings in the city from mid-July until Hayes’ killing in September, in part because of the truce, officials said.

At the hearing Tuesday, Judge Joseph Portelli kept Ruiz’s bail at $1 million as the case now proceeds to a grand jury for indictment.

Breite said later that he will seek a reduction of the bail. He also said Ruiz has suffered from bipolar disorder since he was diagnosed at the age of 4, and was unable to finish high school because of his psychological condition.

Email: markos@northjersey.com

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2669 on: January 12, 2016, 05:57:17 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I could not figure out how to get the picture of me and my client from NorthJerseymedia.com onto this site.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2670 on: January 12, 2016, 06:37:32 PM »
Here it is, Big H.  Glad to see you back.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2671 on: January 12, 2016, 06:44:51 PM »
Harley,

To me, it sounds like the guy is asking you to take notice if you see someone breaking into his place.  That's all.

You haven't been around much, either, if you're so freaked out by what you've described.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2672 on: January 12, 2016, 10:28:47 PM »
Welcome back, Harley!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2673 on: January 12, 2016, 10:31:46 PM »
To me, it sounds like the guy is asking you to take notice if you see someone breaking into his place.  That's all.

You haven't been around much, either, if you're so freaked out by what you've described.

Whew! Your post made me feel so much better because I just wasn't getting it.

"asking for me by my full name."

The nerve.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2674 on: January 12, 2016, 11:19:29 PM »
Harley as a fan of bodybuilding, have you ever thought of specializing in bodybuilding and steroid defense law like Rick Collins?