Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 590025 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2725 on: January 27, 2016, 03:27:47 PM »
Will you say which song it is, Harley?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2726 on: January 27, 2016, 03:37:29 PM »
Will you say which song it is, Harley?

Dear Las Vegas,
  ONLY if you promise to listen to the version I tell you BEFORE you crush me.
  I trust you to keep your word if you agree.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2727 on: January 27, 2016, 03:40:20 PM »
Hey Guys,
  You are going to kill me but here goes:
  Every time I hear the song "Day By Day" from Godspell (1970's Broadway play), I feel better.
  Try it.
Harley

I really like it.  Thanks for that, Harley.  From a Musical that was/is "based upon the Gospel according to Matthew."

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2728 on: January 27, 2016, 03:42:59 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
   Ok, here it is. 
   But please, take just 3.5 minutes out of your life and listen to it in its ENTIRETY
BEFORE you make a final opinion.
Harley

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2729 on: January 27, 2016, 03:52:42 PM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2730 on: January 27, 2016, 04:01:00 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
   Ok, here it is. 
   But please, take just 3.5 minutes out of your life and listen to it in its ENTIRETY
Harley

What about the accompanying music in the background, though?  Doesn't it sound empty with just piano?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2731 on: January 27, 2016, 04:03:06 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
   Ok, here it is. 
Harley

I've heard it before, but didn't know the title.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2732 on: January 27, 2016, 04:47:51 PM »
Funny about Godspell, though.  Can anyone imagine a major production like that, these days?  Is there such a thing?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2733 on: January 27, 2016, 05:13:29 PM »
Lmfao..was looking at the versions of "Day by Day" and this was there.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2734 on: January 27, 2016, 06:42:11 PM »
What about the accompanying music in the background, though?  Doesn't it sound empty with just piano?

Dear Las Vegas,
   Excellent point!!!  An excellent piano player can fill in some of that sound with good chord work.  I can not.
   But, I hope to be able to do a very decent job within 10 weeks.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2735 on: January 29, 2016, 04:34:46 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I just finished an 8 hour piano lesson with my Piano Instructor who drove to NJ from Virginia for our lesson.
  We got far more accomplished than we both thought.  I did have to stop twice to eat (every 3 hours).
  It is such a daunting task, trying to play this damned instrument while having no talent that at the end, when he showed me
what was in store for next month's new lesson, I caught an anxiety attack in thinking that I was setting myself up for failure.
  As I mentioned, these next 3 weeks are going to be awful for me and I thought it might be good to make some progress on one of my
goals, i.e., learning to play this song in a more sophisticated and beautiful manner.  I may have to alter my target date of April to perhaps
July, but I would be alright with that as long as my progress was steady and substantial.
  Setting short term goals can be very helpful provided you don't set yourself up for failure.  I am trying to achieve quite a few things in the
next 9 weeks (1 week down already) that it can be a bit overwhelming at times.
  I caught a bit of a breakdown at the end of the lesson and when it came time to eat again, couldn't keep anything down.  I had to try to keep down
a MuscleMilk (40 grams Protein, of course).
  Well, I hope you guys are doing well.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2736 on: January 29, 2016, 05:50:45 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I just finished an 8 hour piano lesson with my Piano Instructor who drove to NJ from Virginia for our lesson.
  We got far more accomplished than we both thought.  I did have to stop twice to eat (every 3 hours).
  It is such a daunting task, trying to play this damned instrument while having no talent that at the end, when he showed me
what was in store for next month's new lesson, I caught an anxiety attack in thinking that I was setting myself up for failure.
  As I mentioned, these next 3 weeks are going to be awful for me and I thought it might be good to make some progress on one of my
goals, i.e., learning to play this song in a more sophisticated and beautiful manner.  I may have to alter my target date of April to perhaps
July, but I would be alright with that as long as my progress was steady and substantial.
  Setting short term goals can be very helpful provided you don't set yourself up for failure.  I am trying to achieve quite a few things in the
  I caught a bit of a breakdown at the end of the lesson and when it came time to eat again, couldn't keep anything down.  I had to try to keep down
Harley

Yeah, man.  It's easier when you're learning that as a kid. 

Something about the things which require both sides of the brain that are more difficult with age (trying it for the first time).  But it can be done.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2737 on: January 30, 2016, 05:06:33 AM »
Dear Howard,
  You, sir, are in a great place, seriously.
Harley

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2738 on: January 30, 2016, 08:18:27 AM »
Dear Howard,
  You, sir, are in a great place, seriously.
Harley

Thanks Harley and I really do get a kick out of reading  all your life adventures.
From the courtroom to the gym, you are one very interesting getbigger.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2739 on: January 30, 2016, 12:43:05 PM »
Dear Harley, Do you have any experience in internet libel and defamation cases?

If so, what type of "evidence" would one need to build a solid case?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2740 on: January 30, 2016, 02:20:52 PM »

Probably actual perpetrators to start with.

"In the case of Shizzo v. mods, the court holds that the plaintiff is a pole smoking imbecile. Case dismissed"

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2741 on: January 30, 2016, 02:30:58 PM »
Probably actual perpetrators to start with.

"In the case of Shizzo v. mods, the court holds that the plaintiff is a pole smoking imbecile. Case dismissed"
But I heard that Harley takes on, the occasional pro boner case.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2742 on: January 30, 2016, 02:43:51 PM »

Lmfao!
Whatever happened to Suckmymuscle suing everyone on getbig ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2743 on: January 31, 2016, 06:23:51 AM »

Dear Shizzo,
  I do have quite a bit of legal experience in this area.
  As you already know, libel is the written defamation of another person published to at least one other person.
  It is easy to "show" the actual "libel" but in order to successfully bring an actual legal case, you must be able to
prove "damages."  Those "damages" must then be amenable to a quantifiable amount or the jury will award you nothing, yet
still possible find that you were defamed.  There are cases where a jury concluded that the person was defamed and yet awarded the plantiff
just $1.00.
  I hope this is of help to you.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2744 on: January 31, 2016, 06:28:39 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Today concludes Week One of my Diet Plan.  I stuck to the diet and did my cardio and resumed weight training.
  My first day of legs yesterday, after not having trained legs since October, saw me doing drop sets and end with squatting
315 for sets of 6 and then 10 reps.  I was quite pleased.
  My weight dropped from 183.4 to 182.6 but frankly, I am not so much looking at that as getting into shape (condition) is all that
matters.  I don't think I changed at all this first week which is expected.  Today, as it will be after each successive week, Craig will
look at me and assess any progress (if any) and make any adjustments to my diet.
  Having said that, I have, personally, had a most difficult past 3 days.  I don't even know how I get out of bed.  I just want this depression
and anxiety to go away.  All I can think of is that it's either going to be all fine in 2.5 weeks or else.
  Thanks for your support.
Harley

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2745 on: January 31, 2016, 08:38:36 AM »
Hey Guys,
Harley
Very admirable Harley. I would love to do the same thing with the guitar but don't have the patience.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2746 on: January 31, 2016, 09:25:42 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Today concludes Week One of my Diet Plan.  I stuck to the diet and did my cardio and resumed weight training.
  My first day of legs yesterday, after not having trained legs since October, saw me doing drop sets and end with squatting
315 for sets of 6 and then 10 reps.  I was quite pleased.
  My weight dropped from 183.4 to 182.6 but frankly, I am not so much looking at that as getting into shape (condition) is all that
matters.  I don't think I changed at all this first week which is expected.  Today, as it will be after each successive week, Craig will
look at me and assess any progress (if any) and make any adjustments to my diet.
  Having said that, I have, personally, had a most difficult past 3 days.  I don't even know how I get out of bed.  I just want this depression
and anxiety to go away.  All I can think of is that it's either going to be all fine in 2.5 weeks or else.
  Thanks for your support.
Harley

That sounds great, Harley.  Not enough to cripple you, necessarily (seems like legs are where it really hits home most after a layoff), but you know you'll feel the DOMS and there will be no doubt you're back into the swing of it.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2747 on: February 01, 2016, 05:19:35 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I apologize but I don't know what you meant by "you will feel the DOMS".
  I had 1 sweet potato yesterday and I actually lost weight.  LOL.
  Down to 180.8 which is 47 pounds lighter than last year. 
 Craig did take a look at me, as he will each week which is the most brutal part of my week.
 He feels that I am ahead of where he actually thought I would be after 1 week and I should hit my goal, even if it's in 9 weeks
as opposed to the possible 10 or 11 more.
  Today is another tough day so I thank you again for your support and encouragement.
  Hey Ronnie Rep, try 15 minutes every third day on your guitar and see if you have fun with it. If you do, you might be
surprised at your new commitment, especially if you don't put pressure on any goal (as I have done).
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2748 on: February 01, 2016, 05:42:35 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Any word from Pellius?
Harley

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN