Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596640 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Harley Breite appreciation thread
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2015, 03:47:54 AM »
Dear Kwon_2,
  You seldom ever see chicks who look like that in martial arts, or at least in the places I've trained.

HarleyBreite
   What chicks are you talking about?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2015, 05:24:14 AM »
Dear Kwon_2,
  I swear to you that the photo in the Kobra Kai post originally had a blonde chick.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2015, 05:49:24 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  You could not be more correct about Royler Gracie.  Royler and I are very close but that doesn't stop me from recognizing
just how different he is than most of the Gracie Family.
  When Royler and I go to Brasil together and enter Gracie Humaita (the Academy in Rio), it really is as if Moses has arrived.
  People literally come from all over Brasil and even different parts of Brasil to train at the Academy in Rio with Royler.  I can tell you
infinite stories of just how gracious and humble Royler is and even today, he is like a rock star in Brasil.
  Whenever Royler is on the East Coast, I am obliged to bake my homemade cheesecake as it is his favorite.  Although he always eats
incredibly clean (we always fight about my drinking Diet Coke) he will never turn down my cheesecake and I always make an extra one
for him to take with him.
  As great as he is as a Professor and Fighter, he is even more so as a human being. 
  Your experiences and knowledge of BJJ and MMA are most interesting to me.
Harley

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2015, 06:58:46 AM »
Dear Harley,

Why were you hiding behind a plant, and what were you looking at?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2015, 07:01:56 AM »
Dear Harley,

;D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2015, 08:18:51 AM »
What a boring match and a waste of time, but not because of you, Harley. I had to scroll through most of it because I've seen this so many times before and knew what kind of guy you were dealing with. Plus it was just too boring to watch straight through. What the hell was up with that guy? Was he injured or something? I just never understood guys like that. Here he is competing in the biggest most prestigious Jiu-Jitsu tournament in the world, paying the entrance fee (What is it now? $85?) and just runs away the whole match. He didn't want to engaged and you had to chase him for the entire match.

I've had guys like that before and I knew what was coming up. And just like clock work when the time was running out here it came, he pulls guard. Oh brother. I never like the "pull guard" tactic even though it got things going pretty quick so you don't wind up dancing for half the match like what you had to endure for majority of the time. I just feel that pulling guard is contrary to what suppose to be a martial art. Being in the guard, though that's where most of the advance Jiu-Jitsu is, it's still a defensive position in a fight. Helio didn't like the way tournament Jiu-Jitsu has evolved with people exploiting the gi so much to tie their opponent up and fighters going for points instead of submissions and stalling when they're ahead on points and have a good position. Jiu-Jitsu is suppose to be a Martial Art and a Martial Art is useless if you can't fight. Tournament Jiu-Jitsu has move away from being a Martial Art. Nothing is more frustrating than just having someone holding you in close guard or laying on you like a fat lump holding on for dear life waiting for the clock to run out.

Rickson would yell at you if he saw you stalling. Notice when his son Kron fought in the Abu Dhabi he submitted all his opponents even in his last fight where his opponent just ran from him. You could hear Rickson in the background making chicken sounds to mock the coward.

If you're competing in Abu Dhabi or the Mundials, the biggest most prestigious tournaments in the world, at least fight FFS!

You did good. You tried to engage. You were there to fight. There's only so much you can do when your opponent just runs away.  

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2015, 08:39:29 AM »
Dear Harley,

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2015, 12:44:20 PM »
What a boring match and a waste of time, but not because of you, Harley. I had to scroll through most of it because I've seen this so many times before and knew what kind of guy you were dealing with. Plus it was just too boring to watch straight through. What the hell was up with that guy? Was he injured or something? I just never understood guys like that. Here he is competing in the biggest most prestigious Jiu-Jitsu tournament in the world, paying the entrance fee (What is it now? $85?) and just runs away the whole match. He didn't want to engaged and you had to chase him for the entire match.

I've had guys like that before and I knew what was coming up. And just like clock work when the time was running out here it came, he pulls guard. Oh brother. I never like the "pull guard" tactic even though it got things going pretty quick so you don't wind up dancing for half the match like what you had to endure for majority of the time. I just feel that pulling guard is contrary to what suppose to be a martial art. Being in the guard, though that's where most of the advance Jiu-Jitsu is, it's still a defensive position in a fight. Helio didn't like the way tournament Jiu-Jitsu has evolved with people exploiting the gi so much to tie their opponent up and fighters going for points instead of submissions and stalling when they're ahead on points and have a good position. Jiu-Jitsu is suppose to be a Martial Art and a Martial Art is useless if you can't fight. Tournament Jiu-Jitsu has move away from being a Martial Art. Nothing is more frustrating than just having someone holding you in close guard or laying on you like a fat lump holding on for dear life waiting for the clock to run out.

Rickson would yell at you if he saw you stalling. Notice when his son Kron fought in the Abu Dhabi he submitted all his opponents even in his last fight where his opponent just ran from him. You could hear Rickson in the background making chicken sounds to mock the coward.

If you're competing in Abu Dhabi or the Mundials, the biggest most prestigious tournaments in the world, at least fight FFS!

You did good. You tried to engage. You were there to fight. There's only so much you can do when your opponent just runs away.  

Dear Pellius,
   I thank you very much for your most honest and insightful opinion.
   I just spent a few days with Royler going with him from one seminar to the next and he continued his haurrange on "Sport Jiu-Jitsu."
   Royler is very upset that the self defense aspect of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu is being so ignored in favor of competitive BJJ.  And this is coming from
literally the most successful BJJ competitor in the history of the Gracie Family.
   As per the match you posted above, my opponent was from Russia and said that he had previously taken 3rd Place at Abu Dhabi.
   He did NOT want to fight that day with me.  You are correct in that I spent the whole damn match chasing him.  I too, hate when guys
pull guard with no time left and that is when I tried to quickly pass him and win by points.
   After the match, all he did was complain that he had been robbed.   He asked me where I was training while in Brasil and when I told him I
was at Gracie Humaita he said he would show up on Monday night to fight me again.  I told him I had just forfeited the Finals of the Absolute Division
due to hurting my back and would not be training for my remaining time in Brasil.
   The guy still shows up on Monday night and when I am sitting on the sidelines not able to train, he becomes more enraged and bad mouths me to
all the Brazilians who are training who actually know who I am through my years of training there.  He then challenges a Brazilian who proceeds to tap
him out without mercy.  Throughout the roll, I can still hear him telling everyone how he got robbed at the tournament.
   The Brazilians at Gracie Humaita did not appreciate that very much and then began tapping him out with fury and anger.
   He got up and left before class ended.
Harley

Simple Simon

« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2015, 02:05:55 PM »

7 minutes of two men holding each others lapels and one declared the winner.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
So is this Harley guy legit or what?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2015, 02:51:55 PM »
Dear Chaos,
  I am not sure what you mean by "legit" but we have already established the following:
  1)  I am who I claim to be and am not a "gimmick."
  2)  I am a Criminal Defense Attorney by profession.
  3)  I have terrible computer/internet skills.
  4)  I am a Purple Belt Royler Gracie BJJ student.  Some of my matches are extremely boring.  I am a 2-Time World Champion.
  5)  I am IFBB Pro Craig Richardson's Training Partner for the past 17 years.
  6)  I personally, am sponsoring a COMPLETELY FREE opportunity for ANY AND ALL GetBiggers to train with Craig,
take part in a seminar and have lunch with Craig at a gym in NJ sometime in October.  There are NO fees, costs or selling
of any products.
  7)  My hair is something I am holding onto tighter than the last passenger falling off The Titanic.
Harley

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2015, 08:29:37 PM »
Harley how much do you spend per month on digital marketing?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2015, 08:31:55 PM »
Dear Chaos,
  I am not sure what you mean by "legit" but we have already established the following:
  1)  I am who I claim to be and am not a "gimmick."
  2)  I am a Criminal Defense Attorney by profession.
  3)  I have terrible computer/internet skills.
  4)  I am a Purple Belt Royler Gracie BJJ student.  Some of my matches are extremely boring.  I am a 2-Time World Champion.
  5)  I am IFBB Pro Craig Richardson's Training Partner for the past 17 years.
  6)  I personally, am sponsoring a COMPLETELY FREE opportunity for ANY AND ALL GetBiggers to train with Craig,
take part in a seminar and have lunch with Craig at a gym in NJ sometime in October.  There are NO fees, costs or selling
of any products.
  7)  My hair is something I am holding onto tighter than the last passenger falling off The Titanic.
Harley
What other disciplines do you train?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2015, 08:40:17 PM »
Dear Saint Anger,
  I don't spend any money on "digital marketing" although I'm not even sure
what it is.  I don't spend any money on advertising.  I never claimed to be good
with technology as I don't very much like it.  I have very strong views on that stuff but
my business seems to have survived just ok.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »
Good stories, Harley. (But not good about gun.)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2015, 08:44:47 PM »
What other disciplines do you train?

Dear Chaos,
  I mentioned earlier that I have a Black Belt in Kickboxing and how I came to earn that rank.
  I am a Brown Belt in Shotokan Karate and did, for a period of years, own my own Karate/Kickboxing School just
as a side hobby.
  I am a 2 stripe Purple Belt in BJJ under Royler Gracie/David Adiv.
  I train MMA and BJJ under MMA Pro Sean "Shorty Rock" Santella.
  I am not very good but I very much enjoy the training, much more so than the competition.  I pride myself
on being a great Training Partner, whether it be for Craig in the gym or in the cage or on the mat for someone
getting ready for a fight or tournament.
  I always wished to emulate the "tough guys" I saw in the movies and television when I was a kid.  Like many little
skinny runts who were picked upon, I had grandiose dreams of kicking back the sand in the faces of those who
humiliated me.  My 30 year High School Reunion approaches and the kid who bullied me most is set to attend.  Who
knows.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2015, 08:46:05 PM »
Good stories, Harley. (But not good about gun.)

I am not sure what you mean?  The issue of the renewal of my Permit To Carry A Firearm?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2015, 08:52:27 PM »
Hey Guys,
  Tonight was the first Victor Martinez Bodybuilding Show in the Bronx.
  Rumor had it that Kai was going to appear.  I don't know anything more.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2015, 08:54:58 PM »
I am not sure what you mean?  The issue of the renewal of my Permit To Carry A Firearm?

Yes.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2015, 08:57:02 PM »
Yes.

Did you not like the fact that I was public about it or that you feel I should be denied the permit?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2015, 08:57:34 PM »
Dear Chaos,
  I mentioned earlier that I have a Black Belt in Kickboxing and how I came to earn that rank.
  I am a Brown Belt in Shotokan Karate and did, for a period of years, own my own Karate/Kickboxing School just
as a side hobby.
  I am not very good but I very much enjoy the training, much more so than the competition.  I pride myself
on being a great Training Partner, whether it be for Craig in the gym or in the cage or on the mat for someone
  I always wished to emulate the "tough guys" I saw in the movies and television when I was a kid.  Like many little
skinny runts who were picked upon, I had grandiose dreams of kicking back the sand in the faces of those who
humiliated me.  My 30 year High School Reunion approaches and the kid who bullied me most is set to attend.  Who
knows.
Harley
The last paragraph reeks of small man syndrome. ;D
When was the last time you were in a street fight?  You can use a hypothetical situation if it helps.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2015, 09:02:58 PM »
The last paragraph reeks of small man syndrome. ;D
When was the last time you were in a street fight?  You can use a hypothetical situation if it helps.

Dear Chaos,
  I am not shy to admit that my feelings from being small, weak and picked upon have caused me some issues
in my life but they have also inspired me and motivated me to achieve more than anyone thought I could.  I took
those feelings of inadequacy and used them as fuel to attain goals in areas of life that were supposedly not meant for me.
Had I listened to the voices of others, I never would have found my own voice and my own peace of mind.
  You can mock me if you want, but I turned something negative into a self fulfilling life that has hopefully given back to some others.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2015, 09:03:46 PM »
Did you not like the fact that I was public about it or that you feel I should be denied the permit?

No and no.  I think you need to have that permit, and it probably concerns you to think of losing it.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2015, 09:06:02 PM »
Dear Chaos,
as a side hobby.
knows.
Harley

I was at my 40th high school reunion and grabbed the guy who stepped on my blue suede shoes back in 1957 or so.

He shit himself and apologized profusely but I was just kidding him! Have fun at your reunion. It will be a shock to see

everyone looking older, especially the gals. If you have the event over two days everyone will look normal again by

the end of the reunion. Amazing what the brain does updating reality.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #224 on: August 22, 2015, 09:06:44 PM »
Dear Chaos,
  You asked about the last time I was in a street fight.
  I would note 3 things in response to your question:
  1)  I never claimed to be a good fighter
  2)  It is much easier fighting a non-trained, probably drunk, stamina ridden jerk in the street
than it is to walk on a mat with a guy who trains just for this particular circumstance.
  3)  I had written earlier that I was charged with having put a guy in a hospital as a result of a street
fight just last year.  Given that my legal team had the charges eventually dismissed, I remind you of this
only in the "hypothetical" as you put it.
  I am no tough guy.  I just won't stand for bullies anymore.
Harley