Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596213 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #725 on: September 04, 2015, 07:53:13 AM »
There's really nothing to agree and disagree on, Harley. 

I disagree.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #726 on: September 04, 2015, 07:53:57 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Would you mind telling me what "Bumping A Thread" means?
  I don't want to commit a violation resulting in a permanent ban.
Harley

Harley,

Its when you go way back to threads that are years old and reply in them. Thus, bumping them back to the front page.
X

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #727 on: September 04, 2015, 07:59:07 AM »
I disagree.

A agree with your disagreement.
a

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #728 on: September 04, 2015, 08:13:02 AM »
Harley,

Its when you go way back to threads that are years old and reply in them. Thus, bumping them back to the front page.

Dear SF1900,
  Unless the thread has pictures of really hot chicks (and again, you guys are the kings of finding those), I am not sure why people would want to do that. 
  That should be a fairly easy rule for me not to break.
  I wonder why the owners of this site don't offer t-shirts for sale. 
  You guys are all pretty friendly, knowledgeable and funny.  No shame in wearing this site's t-shirt.
  I would've worn one for any of those BFTO videos.
Harley

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #729 on: September 04, 2015, 08:23:17 AM »
Dear SF1900,
  Unless the thread has pictures of really hot chicks (and again, you guys are the kings of finding those), I am not sure why people would want to do that. 
  You guys are all pretty friendly, knowledgeable and funny.  No shame in wearing this site's t-shirt.
Harley
Just imagine the possibilities for the t-shirts! Ron are you reading this?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #730 on: September 04, 2015, 08:24:52 AM »
Harley,

Be honest. When you first started your practice, did you actively search for a Davidson to firm up?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #731 on: September 04, 2015, 08:31:48 AM »
Harley,

Be honest. When you first started your practice, did you actively search for a Davidson to firm up?

No.  I actually take my practice of law quite seriously although I am probably one of the least uptight and arrogant lawyers you will meet.
Never wanted to work for another lawyer.  Not too fond of lawyers in general but I do have a small few friends who practice law.  They are sort of
outsiders also so we seem to have a similar spirit.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #732 on: September 04, 2015, 08:33:38 AM »
  No.  I actually take my practice of law quite seriously although I am probably one of the least uptight and arrogant lawyers you will meet.
Never wanted to work for another lawyer.  Not too fond of lawyers in general but I do have a small few friends who practice law.  They are sort of
outsiders also so we seem to have a similar spirit.

What could have been, though, right?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #733 on: September 04, 2015, 08:38:29 AM »
  Some of you noted the irony of my representing a Muslim fellow who attempted to deface the exact Jewish synagogue where I learned to read and write
Hebrew (Wiggs- I already concede I am not a real Hebrew but just let me write it that way for the sake of brevity) as a young boy.
  Last night, I received a nasty phone message from an elderly Jewish man in Montreal who went on a tirade as to my character in choosing to represent the Muslim
fellow.  Not only did the guy leave a long message, but he left me his phone number too, as if he wanted me to call him back and argue with him.
  I understand his ire, but respectfully maintain my position, even in the past when the Neo-Nazi Party crucified me on their website for a very similar client (although that case
was far worse).
  There is no clear line for some as to whom they should or could represent and I understand that.
  But some people feel so strongly the need to convince others that they have adopted the wrong position that they go to calling and leaving nasty messages to those in other countries.
  I felt sorry for the man's internal anguish but wish he didn't tie up my line like that.  A GetBigger might have been calling with a real problem.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #734 on: September 04, 2015, 08:39:20 AM »
What could have been, though, right?

I do own a motorcycle though.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #735 on: September 04, 2015, 08:41:30 AM »
I do own a motorcycle though.

Yeah, but a Goldwing, right?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #736 on: September 04, 2015, 08:41:59 AM »
Dear Vince,
  You wrote, "It's a huge risk but worth it."  That can only mean you believe Kai will be successful in this new venture of self-ownership.
  So there actually is a point on which one could agree or disagree.  I disagree.  That's all. 
  But let me be clear, I am hoping Kai is met with only the greatest of success and fortune.  I don't root against people who haven't hurt others.
I do hope this new endeavor is everything he hopes it to be. 
Harley

Its worth it for Kai because right now he's considered the 2nd best bodybuilder in the world and that can't last long.  I think he will be successful because he has a huge following.  The time is now for Kai to either do something like this because his career will be ending pretty soon.  

Now or never and he chose now.
A

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #737 on: September 04, 2015, 08:43:35 AM »
Yeah, but a Goldwing, right?

Sorry to disappoint you.  I went a bit old-school and unpopular- 1984 Honda Nighthawk S

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #738 on: September 04, 2015, 08:44:26 AM »

Its worth it for Kai because right now he's considered the 2nd best bodybuilder in the world and that can't last long.  I think he will be successful because he has a huge following.  The time is now for Kai to either do something like this because his career will be ending pretty soon.  

Now or never and he chose now.
There is still a point on which one could agree or disagree on.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #739 on: September 04, 2015, 08:49:18 AM »
Sorry to disappoint you.  I went a bit old-school and unpopular- 1984 Honda Nighthawk S

Oh, man.

C'mon, moneybags, put down for an old Heritage or something. You're better than this, friend. Respect your G-d dang name for Moses's sake!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #740 on: September 04, 2015, 08:51:53 AM »
Dear SF1900,
Harley

We have been trying to get Ron to make some getbig tshirts for years but he has not come through yet. I know I have a thread about it on the comments and suggestions board; there are likely others as well.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #741 on: September 04, 2015, 08:56:22 AM »
Oh, man. C'mon, moneybags, put down for an old Heritage or something. You're better than this, friend. Respect your G-d dang name for Moses's sake!

I appreciate your passion for the Harley Davidson brand but I buy what I like, not what Madison Ave makes some people (not you) think they like or even need to be happy.
   This was the bike I dreamed about owning when I was in High School and college.  I started riding a motorcycle when I was 13 and drove it on the street as if it
were my car and I was 17.  I used to ride a motorcycle, completely illegally to and from High School until I was old enough for a license.  Back then, the cops would just
call a tow truck half the time and being a juvenile and a decent talker, they never pressed charges.
   I use to cut last period Physics class with a friend and we would get on our bikes (we were legal by that time) and exit the school parking lot not caring about a thing.  Bikes
can have that affect on you.  We were 17 and the year was 194-1985 and my friend's dad converted a 1970 Honda into a chopper for him. That was before OCC and choppers
became corporate and customized 6 figure bragging tools.  
  I am a small guy and Harley Davidson bikes are quite big and just not the ones to which I am attracted.  Just a matter of personal preference.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #742 on: September 04, 2015, 09:06:17 AM »
  I appreciate your passion for the Harley Davidson brand but I buy what I like, not what Madison Ave makes some people (not you) think they like or even need to be happy.
   This was the bike I dreamed about owning when I was in High School and college.  I started riding a motorcycle when I was 13 and drove it on the street as if it
were my car and I was 17.  I used to ride a motorcycle, completely illegally to and from High School until I was old enough for a license.  Back then, the cops would just
call a tow truck half the time and being a juvenile and a decent talker, they never pressed charges.
   I use to cut last period Physics class with a friend and we would get on our bikes (we were legal by that time) and exit the school parking lot not caring about a thing.  Bikes
can have that affect on you.  We were 17 and the year was 194-1985 and my friend's dad converted a 1970 Honda into a chopper for him. That was before OCC and choppers
became corporate and customized 6 figure bragging tools.  
  I am a small guy and Harley Davidson bikes are quite big and just not the ones to which I am attracted.  Just a matter of personal preference.

Just riding you, Harley.

(See it?)

Of course, whatever you enjoy. Put it in the wind. Btw, chops were cool long before OCC turned 'em into idiotic parade floats. Ask chaos.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #743 on: September 04, 2015, 09:12:36 AM »
Those are awesome looking bikes.  See, you guys are big enough to hold them up.  I'm short with short legs.  Which one is you?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #744 on: September 04, 2015, 09:14:37 AM »
Those are awesome looking bikes.  See, you guys are big enough to hold them up.  I'm short with short legs.  Which one is you?

You're not that small Harley.

5'9" isn't small.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #745 on: September 04, 2015, 09:17:56 AM »
Those are awesome looking bikes.  See, you guys are big enough to hold them up.  I'm short with short legs.  Which one is you?

Just some strangers with cool bikes.

(Left, it evolved.)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #746 on: September 04, 2015, 09:21:36 AM »
 I am only 5 foot 7 inches tall.  I would love to own a low chopper with flake metallic paint, and a sissy bar off the back seat.  Something truly 70's but not
corporate like Orange County Choppers.  Damn, their bikes all looked similar to me, smelled of Madison Avenue and never seemed built "in-shop."  All that success and for what?
To separate a father and son?  I lost respect for all of them.  Money over your own dad or son?  Disgusting.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #747 on: September 04, 2015, 09:30:35 AM »
I am only 5 foot 7 inches tall.  I would love to own a low chopper with flake metallic paint, and a sissy bar off the back seat.  Something truly 70's but not
corporate like Orange County Choppers.  Damn, their bikes all looked similar to me, smelled of Madison Avenue and never seemed built "in-shop."  All that success and for what?
To separate a father and son?  I lost respect for all of them.  Money over your own dad or son?  Disgusting.

You'd sit perfect on one of Indian Larry's old chops, it's sort of what you're describing. NYC, too, but everyone's since gone outta business (and Larry outta life). Might still be able to track one down.

His stuff was cool as hell - no stretch or oversized forks. Real old school chop/bob kinda deal. Think Brad Pitt still rides his around L.A.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #748 on: September 04, 2015, 09:41:12 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Would you mind telling me what "Bumping A Thread" means?
  I don't want to commit a violation resulting in a permanent ban.
Harley
Pretty much the rule being enforced currently is exposing other peoples personal info. That would result in a ban. Other than that,  you'll get too many warnings before something is done about a violation.

BTW, you could pick up a sportster and a custom low slung seat frame for a reasonable price. If a 5' woman could ride one, I'm sure your 5'3" self could. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #749 on: September 04, 2015, 09:52:21 AM »
Pretty much the rule being enforced currently is exposing other peoples personal info. That would result in a ban. Other than that,  you'll get too many warnings before something is done about a violation.

BTW, you could pick up a sportster and a custom low slung seat frame for a reasonable price. If a 5' woman could ride one, I'm sure your 5'3" self could. 8)

That was a whole 5'7" pal.  LOL
I like the forks extended a bit and monkey grips are kool but probably unrealistic for me.
I like the way Ugly's handlebars are very bare