Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596269 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #825 on: September 05, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »
I hope your departure from your dog is short and flies by quickly.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #826 on: September 05, 2015, 04:34:05 PM »
I'm thinking of changing the thread title to "Hand jobs for Harley"
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #827 on: September 05, 2015, 04:37:17 PM »
I'm thinking of changing the thread title to "Hand jobs for Harley"
;D

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #828 on: September 05, 2015, 04:39:42 PM »
Hey, no one has told me about the cars you would build.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #829 on: September 05, 2015, 04:43:36 PM »
Gorgeous car and crazy paint scheme.   Very subdued. 

They probably got the pic right before that cop cut across all the traffic lanes to shake them down.

;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #830 on: September 05, 2015, 04:48:11 PM »
Love those Novas and the Chevelle but hate the paint job on the Vette.   :(

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #831 on: September 05, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »
Hey, no one has told me about the cars you would build.

Harley, there are notification systems you can set to search for that Volvo.  If I can think of something that will help you like that, will mention it.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #832 on: September 05, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
    Thanks.  I did the typical Ebay Motors search but there was nothing there.
    What are you top 5 fantasy cars?
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #833 on: September 05, 2015, 04:57:51 PM »
Love those Novas and the Chevelle but hate the paint job on the Vette.   :(

Those Novas have a vibe to them.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #834 on: September 05, 2015, 05:05:01 PM »
   When thinking of feeling the actual force and speed of a car, I always look to 2 factors:
   1)  Horsepower to Weight Ratio
   2)  "Hook Up Power"- the actual ability for the car's power to be laid directly, or as much as possible into the ground itself.
There are so many fast cars built that can't transfer the power the ground and thus, just get stuck a bit when trying to take off.
You can plan a great deal but only until is the car done and you test it, will you know if it really sits, grabs and launches.
   When I was in college, I used to go on Saturday nights to watch guys race in the streets.  It was obviously illegal and these guys
made a business out of it.  If the money was big enough, they would leave the normal 1/4 mile spot and take it to the highway, stop traffic
(although at 2:00 am or 3:00 am, there wasn't much of it), lay down the bleach and race.  I saw a guy come up from Virginia in a Pontiac with
a parachute.  They put down about $10,000 plus side money and led about 21 cars down to do the race. 
   It all ended when a crash led to the death of one of the drivers which I personally witnessed from just about 20 feet away.  I will never forget the
furious sound of it all and the speed in which the chaos ensued.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #835 on: September 05, 2015, 05:19:54 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
    Thanks.  I did the typical Ebay Motors search but there was nothing there.
    What are you top 5 fantasy cars?
Harley

I love most of them, Harley.  Too difficult to envision a top 5, but I have to admit the 67 Nova has become a very recent favorite (because of this thread).  And the 71 TA is a favorite, too.  So I must say you have great taste in transportation.

Stock-looking 71 TA:

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #836 on: September 05, 2015, 05:39:04 PM »
That TA is mine except mine is in "Buccaneer Red" (original red color) and has the Honeycomb rims on new, bigger BF Goodrich TA tires.
I have the beige interior color.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #837 on: September 05, 2015, 05:42:13 PM »
   When thinking of feeling the actual force and speed of a car, I always look to 2 factors:
   2)  "Hook Up Power"- the actual ability for the car's power to be laid directly, or as much as possible into the ground itself.
There are so many fast cars built that can't transfer the power the ground and thus, just get stuck a bit when trying to take off.
You can plan a great deal but only until is the car done and you test it, will you know if it really sits, grabs and launches.
   When I was in college, I used to go on Saturday nights to watch guys race in the streets.  It was obviously illegal and these guys
made a business out of it.  If the money was big enough, they would leave the normal 1/4 mile spot and take it to the highway, stop traffic
(although at 2:00 am or 3:00 am, there wasn't much of it), lay down the bleach and race.  I saw a guy come up from Virginia in a Pontiac with
a parachute.  They put down about $10,000 plus side money and led about 21 cars down to do the race. 
   It all ended when a crash led to the death of one of the drivers which I personally witnessed from just about 20 feet away.  I will never forget the

Now they have "side shows", where they'll do donuts in the middle of the intersection surrounded by a crowd.  Usually it's the bystanders that killed.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #838 on: September 05, 2015, 05:43:07 PM »

speaking of hook up,   I am sure you are familiar with the hellcat series dodge has put out.  I have heard they are doing a Jeep Cherokee Hellcat.  700+ hp and all wheel drive will have to make it one of the fastest stock 1/4 miler's out there.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #839 on: September 05, 2015, 05:43:29 PM »
That TA is mine except mine is in "Buccaneer Red" (original red color) and has the Honeycomb rims on new, bigger BF Goodrich TA tires.
I have the beige interior color.

Was the red and beige a stock combo?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #840 on: September 05, 2015, 05:45:48 PM »
Now they have "side shows", where they'll do donuts in the middle of the intersection surrounded by a crowd.  Usually it's the bystanders that killed.

True.  Here, however, this was just serious racing in the hood by really top notch buys and ONLY for money.
They didn't have time for stupid tricks.  It really was great entertainment and I was only 18-22 years old those years.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #841 on: September 05, 2015, 05:47:29 PM »
speaking of hook up,   I am sure you are familiar with the hellcat series dodge has put out.  I have heard they are doing a Jeep Cherokee Hellcat.  700+ hp and all wheel drive will have to make it one of the fastest stock 1/4 miler's out there.

I think all car guys are excited about the Hellcat.  Look where cars are today.  You can buy a STOCK car, drive it EVERY day, have AC and HEAT and run in the 12's, 11's in
the quarter mile.  Amazing.  EFI is a big factor.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #842 on: September 05, 2015, 05:50:42 PM »
Was the red and beige a stock combo?

I believe so as they are both stock colors.  I chose beige because that is what I had in my 74 Trans Am which my Dad had done for me.  That car was beautifully
painted in black and was all stock except for the Pro Trac N-50 tires sticking out the sides.  You guys are all too young to have seen a Pro Trac N-50 tire but it was a sight
of beauty.  Oh, the good old days.  I was driving "The Love Machine" during my college years sporting a real, completely shaven Mohawk at a time when no one really wore them.
This is circa 1985-1986.  And no, there was no love in The Love Machine but I did have black fur Playboy seat covers which were hysterical.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #843 on: September 05, 2015, 05:52:00 PM »

:o :o :o

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #844 on: September 05, 2015, 05:54:14 PM »
  I think all car guys are excited about the Hellcat.  Look where cars are today.  You can buy a STOCK car, drive it EVERY day, have AC and HEAT and run in the 12's, 11's in
the quarter mile.  Amazing.  EFI is a big factor.

I can't imagine how hard it would be to keep these new high horsepower rear wheel drives hooked up.   I have a 2002 viper GTS. that year only had 455 hp, and it breaks loose like nothing.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #845 on: September 05, 2015, 05:58:51 PM »
I can't imagine how hard it would be to keep these new high horsepower rear wheel drives hooked up.   I have a 2002 viper GTS. that year only had 455 hp, and it breaks loose like nothing.

I once drove a friend's Viper, an early edition, and it was a full time job to drive it.  There is no drinking coffee while commandeering that animal.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #846 on: September 05, 2015, 06:03:39 PM »
   I once drove a friend's Viper, an early edition, and it was a full time job to drive it.  There is no drinking coffee while commandeering that animal.

yup,  doesn't even have a drink holder!!  or glove box, or cruise control.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #847 on: September 05, 2015, 06:26:41 PM »
1971 TA (just a little different than yours, though, Harley... but this must be the Buccaneer Red)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #848 on: September 05, 2015, 06:27:26 PM »
It's got the honeycombs, too.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #849 on: September 05, 2015, 06:40:59 PM »
I could be mistaken, but I believe that is a Pontiac "Formula" based upon the hood, vinyl roof and lack of badges.
Coincidentally, because I love that hood so much, I have one being painted the same color as the car just to switch if I get bored.