Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596968 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #850 on: September 05, 2015, 06:42:02 PM »
The side vents and lack of rear spoiler add to my guess that it is the "Formula". 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #851 on: September 05, 2015, 06:47:23 PM »
I could be mistaken, but I believe that is a Pontiac "Formula" based upon the hood, vinyl roof and lack of badges.
Coincidentally, because I love that hood so much, I have one being painted the same color as the car just to switch if I get bored.

It is, and a 455.  That particular car is 1 of 166, too.

(But I always thought they were a type of TA  ??? and I can see now it is not... that is 100% news to me for the first time)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #852 on: September 05, 2015, 07:04:45 PM »
I appreciate that, Harley.  You know the Firebird and knew immediately what to spot.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #853 on: September 05, 2015, 07:10:59 PM »
This one should be no doubt about the Buccaneer Red.  It's a 455 (among the few other obvious differences).  1971 Trans Am:

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #854 on: September 05, 2015, 08:04:41 PM »
455s are nice, but I'm sure you'll appreciate the better mileage on yours.  It will give you more reason to drive.   ;D

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #855 on: September 06, 2015, 03:36:33 AM »
Great song isn't it. Peter green and Hendrix are two guys that for me, seem to have been able to really put across their individual personalities through their guitar playing.

Yeah i think he has a long history of mental illness/depression. You can hear it in his music.

I know what you mean. Hopefully your new one arrives in good health. I'm getting ready to leave mine for a few months soon and it leaves me feeling like shit for a while every single time.

From my understanding it was schizophrenia.....the meds he was put on made him lose any desire to play music. In the 80's or 90's he stopped taking his meds and started playing again and made a few albums. Not sure what he's up to these days.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #856 on: September 06, 2015, 06:53:22 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I like this thread because I feel we can talk about a multitude of issue that may not be directly related to bodybuilding
but have a tangential relationship.
  One of those topics is certainly mental illness.  When I was a child, mental illness was not talked about in a public manner.
It was like the Scarlet Letter and those who suffered from mental illness were "crazy."
  Well, we now know that is far from true and we have evolved enough to openly discuss the topic.
  I see 2 major problems with the topic;
     1)  It is far too "over-diagnosed."
     2)  Prescription medicine to completely "Zombie-atize" the patient is not the answer for everyone.
  My clients who have committed the most heinous of murders are quite often mentally ill and shortly after their incarceration they
become a different person in the sense that they are completely numbed and desensitized and would have difficulty even raising their voices
in anger.
  My area of interest on such a topic is more so in "eating disorders" upon which I would love to hear you views but mental illness is something
we have seen in bodybuilders taken to a dangerous level (perhaps Craig Titus, Bertil Fox, the GF of a former pro named Ray who killed  him,
the Mentzer Brothers, Benny Poda, etc.)
Harley

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #857 on: September 06, 2015, 07:28:17 AM »
Hi Harvey,
      Some of us are just wired differently. People who know mexactly closely would say I'm the nicest kindest guy ever but I couldleave the house for ten minutes now to get milk or something and get in a fight. Its a combination or the unwillingness to take shit off people in a shit world, alpha male ego, no fear of consequences and the like. I see Josh as a si.liar version of me? Someone who doesn't care or worry about things and just does what he feels

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #858 on: September 06, 2015, 07:33:03 AM »
I like those Trans Ams you posted, but my dream car is a 1970 Boss 429. My goal is to within two years have a Boss 302 Acapulco Blue. The 429 will be for later.   8)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #859 on: September 06, 2015, 07:48:26 AM »
Hi Harvey,
      Some of us are just wired differently. People who know mexactly closely would say I'm the nicest kindest guy ever but I couldleave the house for ten minutes now to get milk or something and get in a fight. Its a combination or the unwillingness to take shit off people in a shit world, alpha male ego, no fear of consequences and the like. I see Josh as a si.liar version of me? Someone who doesn't care or worry about things and just does what he feels

Dear Wizard of Truth,
  I certainly agree that some persons are "wired" differently and that appears to me very much to be the case with my clients who are accused of sexual crimes
against children.  In reading about and watching their behavior and then in speaking with them, your theory of "wiring" is spot on.  They are wired differently but in
my opinion, it is an "addiction" issue and the miscue in wiring is in the "addiction" part of the brain.
 The fact that you are not incarcerated right now lends some proof to the notion that you are not a sociopath completely devoid of fear of consequences.  That, by the way, is a
compliment. 
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #860 on: September 06, 2015, 07:52:29 AM »
I like those Trans Ams you posted, but my dream car is a 1970 Boss 429. My goal is to within two years have a Boss 302 Acapulco Blue. The 429 will be for later.   8)

Dear Irongrip400,
  Doesn't it such how Barrett-Jackson Car Auction being aired on television led to the overall ridiculous state of the collector car market?
  Now, everyone wants a Cobra or a Copo Camaro.  I don't buy into it.  These auctions are filled with all sorts of scams and many of the cars
are not actually ever sold.  There is a great deal of deception going on.
  And since when are all 1960's Vettes with a great paint job worth at least $60,000?  The auctions have super-inflated the "value" of these cars.
  I never met a single person in all my years of being passionate about cars who wanted a Copo Camaro but now they are so coveted and worth no less
than $150,000?  Fraudulent, as I think you guys say on here.
  That color blue, by the way, is my favorite color for those Mustangs.
Harley

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #861 on: September 06, 2015, 08:58:39 AM »
Dear Irongrip400,
  Doesn't it such how Barrett-Jackson Car Auction being aired on television led to the overall ridiculous state of the collector car market?
  Now, everyone wants a Cobra or a Copo Camaro.  I don't buy into it.  These auctions are filled with all sorts of scams and many of the cars
  And since when are all 1960's Vettes with a great paint job worth at least $60,000?  The auctions have super-inflated the "value" of these cars.
  I never met a single person in all my years of being passionate about cars who wanted a Copo Camaro but now they are so coveted and worth no less
Harley

Do you have a small collection, or just one great old car?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #862 on: September 06, 2015, 09:18:52 AM »
Dear Irongrip400,
Harley
Having been to that auction, what they show on tv is absolutely the cream of the crop. Hundreds of cars there in various states of disarray,  and a few that were impeccable.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #863 on: September 06, 2015, 10:05:09 AM »

Real nice  Irongrip.  Here's one in Grabber Blue:

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #864 on: September 06, 2015, 10:14:23 AM »
Do you have a small collection, or just one great old car?

I don't want to speak for H, but I believe he's driving the Bentley and his Ferrari.  He is currently building the Vette, the Nova, the Chevelle and the TA.  (I still can't believe that type of Nova since discovering it for myself in this thread.  A new favorite for me, and the wagon is perfectly complimentary to that.)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #865 on: September 06, 2015, 03:10:05 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Actually, I am getting ready to go train some BJJ/MMA tonight.
Harley

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #866 on: September 06, 2015, 03:19:59 PM »
Dear Wizard of Truth,
  I certainly agree that some persons are "wired" differently and that appears to me very much to be the case with my clients who are accused of sexual crimes
against children.  In reading about and watching their behavior and then in speaking with them, your theory of "wiring" is spot on.  They are wired differently but in
my opinion, it is an "addiction" issue and the miscue in wiring is in the "addiction" part of the brain.
 The fact that you are not incarcerated right now lends some proof to the notion that you are not a sociopath completely devoid of fear of consequences.  That, by the way, is a
compliment. 
Harley
Dear Harley
Sometimes you just see red and for that timespan you feel anything you do is justifiable and righteous

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #867 on: September 06, 2015, 03:26:02 PM »
Dear Wizard of Truth,
   That is certainly a dangerous state of being not only for those around you, but in thinking of long-lasting
potential consequences, but you too. 
   I sincerely hope you never run into a serious difficulty with that situation.
Harley

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #868 on: September 06, 2015, 03:36:59 PM »
Yet in normal society i can function. Once nobody tries to take liberties. 99% of the time I'm very easy going. I genuinely think 10+years of steroids have altered my mind

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #869 on: September 06, 2015, 03:46:24 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Actually, I am getting ready to go train some BJJ/MMA tonight.
Harley

;D  kick someone's ass for getbig, Harley!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #870 on: September 06, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Almost all of my training consists of Private Sessions with my Coach/Professor Sean Santella.
  Interesting thing about Sean is that the UFC said if he wins his next fight, they will sign him to the 125 pound division.
  But of course, no one wants to fight him and risk their precious record.  Either guys don't make weight or in his last match, the
kid cried foul and wouldn't continue. 
  It's very frustrating.
  It's also frustrating having a pro fighter kick your ass every session but it sure beats yoga or going to watch others play sports
while you sit there cheering for them and then claiming "we won!"
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #871 on: September 06, 2015, 04:46:08 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Almost all of my training consists of Private Sessions with my Coach/Professor Sean Santella.
  Interesting thing about Sean is that the UFC said if he wins his next fight, they will sign him to the 125 pound division.
  But of course, no one wants to fight him and risk their precious record.  Either guys don't make weight or in his last match, the
kid cried foul and wouldn't continue. 
  It's very frustrating.
  It's also frustrating having a pro fighter kick your ass every session but it sure beats yoga or going to watch others play sports
while you sit there cheering for them and then claiming "we won!"
Harley

X2, Harley. I go as far as to have NO interest in things like NFL.  (NFL in particular has become strange as hell in recent years, but I know that's another story...)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #872 on: September 06, 2015, 08:54:06 PM »
Sunday Night Training

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #873 on: September 06, 2015, 08:55:52 PM »
Good evening Harley.  ;D

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #874 on: September 06, 2015, 09:01:13 PM »
Dear Neither Animal,
   It wasn't a bad evening after all.
   Took a ride by myself with my iPod filling the car.
   Trained some BJJ.  Didn't lose any blood today.
   After training, my Coach and I went to eat.
   Although there was not much taste, I had a salad, grilled chicken and steamed carrots and I know I didn't screw up my diet.
   I am on the road to recovery.
   Tomorrow I will spend the day drafting legal papers (Motions) to shove up the ass of some feminist bitch prosecutor attempting
to penalize my "Special Needs" client who was attacked at his own house by another classmate. 
Harley