Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596373 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #925 on: September 07, 2015, 11:46:57 AM »
Shut up or I'll start another Arm Don thread.

;D i missed that one..  will look it up

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #926 on: September 07, 2015, 11:52:45 AM »
I was more suckerpunched by "humble."

You mean the 24/7 name dropping isn't the epitome of humble?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #927 on: September 07, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
You mean the 24/7 name dropping isn't the epitome of humble?

The self-proclaimed brilliance and moral superiority, mostly. Which accompanied the pedo meltdowns, ironically enough.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #928 on: September 07, 2015, 12:37:22 PM »
Hahah... poor pellius.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #929 on: September 07, 2015, 12:50:54 PM »
Hey Guys,
  Let's take a deep breath.  I in no way, shape or means am even within the same universe as "knowing everything."
I actually pride myself amongst lawyers as being the most willing to respond, in open court, with "I don't know."  I've asked numerous questions of you guys too.
  If I have what some might perceive as a bit wider breadth of experience or knowledge it can be attributed to my age (I am probably
older than most of you), I spent a great deal of time in "formal education" (because I didn't want to go out and actually work), I've read a few books
and more than anything, my Dad was somewhat of a true Renaissance Man who used breakfast and dinner to lecture to the family in a Socrates like manner.
We were discussing politics, history, religion, classical music, and any other serious topic (nothing to do with how narrow you guys think Phil Heath is).  We never spoke
about "normal" stuff.  It was as if you were in a small, private college class at a table with a professor who was giving you a lecture.
  The fact, if it is indeed a fact, that Pellius hasn't competed is only a reflection of his desire not to deal with the crap that goes along with competing and nothing else.  I was
honest when I listed the 2 reasons why I compete and once I prove to myself what it is I need to prove, I doubt I will continue to compete. 
  I wrote that I was the one who has been training for 25 years.  I would surmise that Pellius has more time in than do I.
  And Che, just so you and I are clear, I am a 2-Time World Champion in BJJ for whatever that is worth.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #930 on: September 07, 2015, 12:53:43 PM »

That really made me laugh aloud.  You guys are very funny.  Perhaps it's a joke that GetBiggers don't have much game
with the ladies but a sense of humor goes a very long way with the ladies.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #931 on: September 07, 2015, 12:57:54 PM »
That really made me laugh aloud.  You guys are very funny.  Perhaps it's a joke that GetBiggers don't have much game
with the ladies but a sense of humor goes a very long way with the ladies.

I'd bet a few here have more restraining orders against them than they have game.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #932 on: September 07, 2015, 01:01:02 PM »
I'd bet a few here have more restraining orders against them than they have game.

A restraining order only means you are trying.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #933 on: September 07, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
I found something that I must've previously written in response to a question from Old School Lifter when I first tried to come onto the site.
I wrote about my interaction and thoughts regarding Nasser.
I was educated about "bumping" so I guess you can find it somewhere out there.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #934 on: September 07, 2015, 01:13:41 PM »
Hey Guys,
  Let's take a deep breath.  I in no way, shape or means am even within the same universe as "knowing everything."
I actually pride myself amongst lawyers as being the most willing to respond, in open court, with "I don't know."  I've asked numerous questions of you guys too.
  If I have what some might perceive as a bit wider breadth of experience or knowledge it can be attributed to my age (I am probably
older than most of you), I spent a great deal of time in "formal education" (because I didn't want to go out and actually work), I've read a few books
and more than anything, my Dad was somewhat of a true Renaissance Man who used breakfast and dinner to lecture to the family in a Socrates like manner.
We were discussing politics, history, religion, classical music, and any other serious topic (nothing to do with how narrow you guys think Phil Heath is).  We never spoke
about "normal" stuff.  It was as if you were in a small, private college class at a table with a professor who was giving you a lecture.
  The fact, if it is indeed a fact, that Pellius hasn't competed is only a reflection of his desire not to deal with the crap that goes along with competing and nothing else.  I was
honest when I listed the 2 reasons why I compete and once I prove to myself what it is I need to prove, I doubt I will continue to compete. 
  I wrote that I was the one who has been training for 25 years.  I would surmise that Pellius has more time in than do I.
  And Che, just so you and I are clear, I am a 2-Time World Champion in BJJ for whatever that is worth.
Harley

it is funny that this is a thread about you, and in it you have expressed your interests, hobbies and the like.  people are asking you questions about the specific things that you have shown interest in.  and of course you are going to have a greater than average knowledge/awareness of these subjects; as you seem like someone who (whom, that?) gets deeply into subjects that interest you.  so answering questions on these subjects would far from make you a know-it-all. just a benevolent person that is willing to share his life experience.  

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #935 on: September 07, 2015, 01:31:46 PM »

it is funny that this is a thread about you, and in it you have expressed your interests, hobbies and the like.  people are asking you questions about the specific things that you have shown interest in.  and of course you are going to have a greater than average knowledge/awareness of these subjects; as you seem like someone who (whom, that?) gets deeply into subjects that interest you.  so answering questions on these subjects would far from make you a know-it-all. just a benevolent person that is willing to share his life experience.  
Yeah, no one's dissin Harley (yet). Just pellius. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #936 on: September 07, 2015, 01:32:38 PM »

Dear Hazbin,
  Thank you very much.
  And to answer your grammatical question:  Any time you refer to a person, you NEVER use "that"  but rather, who or whom.  
  Your sentence would read "...like someone who..."
Harley

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #937 on: September 07, 2015, 01:32:45 PM »
Yeah, no one's dissin Harley (yet). Just pellius. ;D

May be a first for getbig.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #938 on: September 07, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »
Dear Chaos,
  You guys ask the right questions and you will "diss" me as per my answers.
Harley

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #939 on: September 07, 2015, 01:35:21 PM »
May be a first for getbig.
Hard to diss a guy that's straight up honest and backs his shit up. :(

Dear Chaos,
  You guys ask the right questions and you will "diss" me as per my answers.
Harley
Someone will ask the right question eventually..... :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #940 on: September 07, 2015, 01:52:07 PM »
My favorite bodybuilders of all time are:

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #941 on: September 07, 2015, 02:24:09 PM »
Mohamed Makkawy
Paul Jean Guillaume
Rory Leidelmeyer
Flex Wheeler
Lee Labrada
Kevin Levrone
Paul Dillett

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #942 on: September 07, 2015, 02:24:43 PM »
Rory and Levrone... good list!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #943 on: September 07, 2015, 04:45:35 PM »
Mohamed Makkawy
Paul Jean Guillaume
Rory Leidelmeyer
Flex Wheeler
Lee Labrada
Kevin Levrone
Paul Dillett

Screenshotted and sent to Craigs email...
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #944 on: September 07, 2015, 05:04:18 PM »
Screenshotted and sent to Craigs email...

Craig is pretty secure with himself and laughs all the time when I joke about how Paul Jean would crush him on stage.  Craig just responds with,
"And how much did he weigh on stage?" 
  Our "favorites" have as much to do with when we became a fan of bodybuilding and some to do with how we see ourselves.  I was introduced to
bodybuilding at age 12 so the magazines I first saw were much different than those of today in that many of the photos I saw of bodybuilders were
taken in more natural settings.  The guys weren't dressed up in work boots and crazy clothes.  Pictures of Frank Zane showed how he looked just
walking around the gym or even in his house or on the street walking around.  He wasn't "pumped" for every photo and he didn't appear to be screaming
during each rep.  The gym shots made you feel as if you were doing just what they were doing.  The magazines were also not dominated by advertising
that all appeared the same.  Today, how many different ways can they photograph a gallon of whey? 
  Bodybuilding just seemed simpler back then and the guys seemed like they trained together a bit more, were friendlier with one another and just more
approachable.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #945 on: September 07, 2015, 05:48:03 PM »
My post was aimed at you pumping up pellius as some sort of tough guy, badass because he's trained for 25 years, I only mentioned you because you have competed, pellius has not. Wouldn't you agree there is a huge difference between training in a gym and being in a competition/street fight where the other person is legitimately trying to hurt you?
You came in second at that tournament in the video posted above, that's about as close to the top as you can get without being #1.

Reading comprehension could use some work. ;)

You know I've never competed, how? Beginning from the mid 1990s I've competed 3-4 times a year over a period of ten years. A few of these were actual NHB matches held on Indian Reservations. The rules were a lot looser than than the already liberal rules of the UFC at that time.

Never did the Mundials but did do the Pan Ams.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #946 on: September 07, 2015, 05:56:01 PM »
  Just when I thought my admiration of Pellius had reached its height, we get this.
  Pellius is exactly correct about the fights that were made on those Indian Reservations back in the early days.  You were lucky to be
paid $300 for the fight and the rules, or should I say, lack thereof, were rarely enforced.  That was for guys who really wanted to test themselves.
  Uriah Faber talks about that scene in his book which is part Joel Osteen, part Tony Robbins and part really kool.
  I keep telling you guys, Pellius is no joke.  And to compete in the BJJ Pan Ams?  Many say those are even more difficult than the Mundials.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #947 on: September 07, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »
Dear Old School Lifter,
  Please don't think I am ignoring your question.
  It is what I would've thought was the very first question you guys would've asked me and it is, the one
which will provoke the most disbelief and argument.
  Let me get myself feeling a little better today (I practiced guillotine escapes last night and honestly, my throat is closed and in a
great deal of pain- Yes, I know I sound like a little bitch but I promised to be honest at all times while on GetBig).
  When I feel a bit better, I am going to answer this with all seriousness no matter how pissed you guys get.
  But remember, I don't have horse in the race.  I am not sponsored by anyone, I don't compete and I don't make any money
by coming here and expressing what are only my views and no one else's.
Harley

Dear Harley

hope your throat is recovering and eagerly wait your no holds barred reply on steroid use/'amounts/doses by pros.

also what is this Bruce Lee T Shirt you speak of?

I thought you only wear the "T Michel " tanks  ;D

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #948 on: September 07, 2015, 06:09:02 PM »
  Just when I thought my admiration of Pellius had reached its height, we get this.
  Pellius is exactly correct about the fights that were made on those Indian Reservations back in the early days.  You were lucky to be
paid $300 for the fight and the rules, or should I say, lack thereof, were rarely enforced.  That was for guys who really wanted to test themselves.
  Uriah Faber talks about that scene in his book which is part Joel Osteen, part Tony Robbins and part really kool.
  I keep telling you guys, Pellius is no joke.  And to compete in the BJJ Pan Ams?  Many say those are even more difficult than the Mundials.

Harley
real life accomplishments hold little weight on here in comparison to 'owning' someone from a keyboard.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #949 on: September 07, 2015, 06:31:02 PM »
Dear Harley

hope your throat is recovering and eagerly wait your no holds barred reply on steroid use/'amounts/doses by pros.

also what is this Bruce Lee T Shirt you speak of?

I thought you only wear the "T Michel " tanks  ;D

Dear Old School Lifter,
   I came across a response I wrote to you in regard to you asking me about Nasser.  I must have typed it first as a file and then copied and pasted it
onto GetBig during my first tour. 
  My throat is a damn mess and it's my fault for practicing guillotine escapes last night.
  Oh, the legendary Bruce Lee T-Shirt?  Big bucks when I find it.  It was purple with his image and nothing is kooler than purple and Bruce Lee.
  T Michael clothes represent a by gone era when bodybuilders had their own look and you dressed like that if you trained seriously.  It was comfortable too.
  I am working on a Motion on behalf of my Juvenile Special Needs client as a result of some Prosecutor being a rude bitch to me.  I told her I would do this and
I am keeping my word.
  Your question will soon be addressed, I promise.
Harley