Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 597148 times)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #975 on: September 08, 2015, 05:04:03 AM »
Well, at least they are the most vocal.

As far as I can tell, only Coach and myself has been open about our support of Israel.
Go back and read some of the old threads. You two are hardly the only ones.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #976 on: September 08, 2015, 06:09:00 AM »
Are these available now without all the sneaky-sneaky?
I don't know,  I have some friends bring them by the box, never been stopped or confiscated.

ho ho ho ... never any ire or emotion. put you well in your place stud.. :D
My place? Maybe you should scram back to oldtimer1's sack where you're comfortable, the men are talking up here.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #977 on: September 08, 2015, 06:15:24 AM »
I don't know,  I have some friends bring them by the box, never been stopped or confiscated.

My place? Maybe you should scram back to oldtimer1's sack where you're comfortable, the men are talking up here.

you were trying to be the big man as normal and a better man put you in your place. Deal with it Chaos. I know you think you are "God" on here but you are in that Man's shadow. I certainly have respect for him although BJJ is not my style. i understand Judo though very well.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #978 on: September 08, 2015, 06:46:34 AM »
you were trying to be the big man as normal and a better man put you in your place. Deal with it Chaos. I know you think you are "God" on here but you are in that Man's shadow. I certainly have respect for him although BJJ is not my style. i understand Judo though very well.
Once again you have no idea what you're talking about and this is not the thread for this.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #979 on: September 08, 2015, 09:33:37 AM »
Please don't ruin Harleys thread with this childish stuff, Donny. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #980 on: September 08, 2015, 09:38:25 AM »
How's Craig doing Harley? Has he brought his triceps up?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #981 on: September 08, 2015, 09:47:22 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  When I returned to GetBig recently, I promised that if I felt I were treated just fairly, I would try to answer almost every question without turning away
from the hard or uncomfortable ones and always answer honestly.  Your question centers on a topic I will not shy from IF asked so here goes;
  My answer is that the reason for the disproportionate amount of success and intelligence from Jewish people stems from a combination of culture and genetics.
  Let's take genetics first as it is the most hostile position of my two part answer.  I do believe there is a genetic component to intelligence and a people who have
been around for over 5,700 years (and again, this is not meant to start a debate with Wiggs as I do respect his beliefs) who have been nothing but a target for total
evisceration from majority to majority must have some element of genetic intelligence in order to continually survive.  Coming to grips with the fact that a certain race,
ethnicity or people from a particular part of the world hold some genetic advantage to others from different parts of the world shouldn't shock the rational mind.  If you lived
in the middle of Africa you had better develop the ability to run faster and longer and go longer distances without water.  If you lived in the Arctic like an Eskimo you had better
develop some trait to help you adapt to the environment quicker than those who live in Aruba.  Every one has different genetic and biological advantages with which they are born
and we need to embrace and maximize them, rather than exploit them as marks of differentiation or even alleged superiority.  Darwin's "Origin of Species" is seminal in explaining
and demonstrating the importance of adaptation in order to survive.  Darwin did not say, "the strongest survive."  He said that those who are best at adaptation (the ability to change
over time to better survive circumstance and environment) will survive as a species.
  As for culture well, that is easy.  Jews for the most part don't encourage or even accept their children having dreams of become professional athletes, rappers, singers, actors, etc.
In my household, it was always said that I would become a doctor, dentist or lawyer and that was the hierarchy of prestige.  My sister would become a teacher like my Mom.  It's a culture
that rewards and promotes a reverence for scholarship, not home runs in little league.  Don't for a moment think that the idea of doing worse than my first cousins on my SAT didn't petrify my poor
mom who was unfortunately caught up in the senseless competition of all that.  Of course there are exceptions within the few million Jews who live in America but that only serves to
prove the rule.  Positive reinforcement and ego development are based upon scholastic achievement and that is the culture.  People are free to argue if it is for the better or for the worse.
  Having said that, I do always like to joke that Christians place their faith in a Jewish "only son" who left his mother to become a carpenter.  Of course,  I kid when I say that but the idea relates
more to what Jewish people have attempted to achieve over the years and where they place their efforts.  Nobel Prizes just mean more to them than Grammy's or Super Bowl rings.  
Harley
I'm not one for reading long, drawn out responses but this one is spot on, agree 100%
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #982 on: September 08, 2015, 09:50:09 AM »
Please don't ruin Harleys thread with this childish stuff, Donny. :)
Why are you threatening with a Ban ?(per PM) i was commenting on a post.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #983 on: September 08, 2015, 09:51:04 AM »
What do you know about Martial arts to call me a Troll ?

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #984 on: September 08, 2015, 09:54:08 AM »
Actually, I was talking about Benny.
LOL, interesting that Dillett said the same regarding his calves, i got derailed... Great list of bodybuilders mr Breite, i can relate, especially with Freakenstein and Leidelmeyer...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #985 on: September 08, 2015, 09:56:53 AM »
What do you know about Martial arts to call me a Troll ?

Solid PM and very fair in your response.

By the way, my stance isn't just particular to Be There, he and I also go way back. My stance is with regards to everyone.

Harley, Stuntmovie & Tony Doherty are absolute treasures in my eyes. These guys have a world of knowledge and experience to share with everyone. Those are the kind of men that should be allowed to share without the incessant trolling that occurs here every day.

Let them share and those that appreciate and have questions, feel free to comment. If there is nothing positive to say in their particular threads, just leave it be.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of threads, all over the site where free trolling can occur with any major consequence.

"1"

This is not a threat, but a promise to you. If you keep trying to fuck up every single thread with your damn negativity, you will be permanently removed.

First and last warning. If you don't like the site, get the fuck out of here. I'd much rather have people like Harley here that have something to share besides negativity and incessant trolling. At least the guy does something more with his life than to shit on everyone's sunshine.

"1"
:

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #986 on: September 08, 2015, 10:03:07 AM »

who is trolling ? I pointed out a fact that chaos knows nothing about martial arts and wrote about drinking whisky and cigars. This fact was pointed out to him and he answered. IF Chaos has no understanding of martial arts why his dumb comments?

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #987 on: September 08, 2015, 10:21:01 AM »
who is trolling ? I pointed out a fact that chaos knows nothing about martial arts and wrote about drinking whisky and cigars. This fact was pointed out to him and he answered. IF Chaos has no understanding of martial arts why his dumb comments?

Shhhhhhhh.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #988 on: September 08, 2015, 06:06:16 PM »

Lol, exactly.  What site are you thinking of, pellius?  Not this one.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #989 on: September 08, 2015, 06:14:37 PM »
Dear Gentlemen,
  Today was another victory for the Accused.  The State had charged my 15 year old "Special Needs" client with shooting another "Special Needs" 15
year old 3 times in the arm with a soft air gun and then throwing him in a lake and not permitting him to come out of the water.
  During our First Appearance approximately 2 weeks ago, I was met by an obnoxious and conceited female Assistant Prosecutor who sought a guilty plea
and probation from my client.  I suggested we dismiss the case provided there are no additional problems within the next 6 months.  That offer was rudely
rejected.  What pissed me off more than her believing she was beautiful and could get any guy in the building (no implants so not even a thought came to my mind)
was the fact that she knew I was coming to court while caring for my Mom in the hospital pre-surgery and she never once asked how my Mom was doing.  In fact,
the Assistant Prosecutor would not mail nor fax me the 2 pages of Discovery and thus forced me to leave the hospital and appear in court.
  I told her that if she didn't accept my counter offer I would appear next time with Motions (requests to the court) to provide every single school, DYFS, medical, psychiatric and
behavioral record of the "victim."  In addition, I would come to court with legal briefs already done and prepared for the Judge's review.  She scoffed and said the motions would never
be granted.  I said, "Well that is why we have judges to decide those issues."
  I stayed up for 2 nights and did all the work I promised her I would do.  When I showed up in Court today, I could barely speak due to my throat having been repeatedly crushed the other
night at BJJ (I was specifically working Guillotine Defenses).  I whispered to her "Has your plea offer changed?" to which she responded "no."  I then handed her a stack of motions along with
a legal brief and walked away.  After 5 minutes of reading, she approached me and countered with "If your client pleads guilty I will offer him just probation."  I said, "No.  He isn't pleading guilty
to anything."  She said, "fine" and walked away.  As the case was called, she then offered me no guilty plea, no criminal record and only a letter of apology from my client.  My client accepted.
  Once again, when you stand up to a bully and do the work they aren't willing to do, you can get unexpectedly good results.
Harley

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #990 on: September 08, 2015, 06:20:13 PM »
Trained at Super Training Gym in West Sacramento today. It was 105. 105 is hot, beastly hot.
a

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #991 on: September 08, 2015, 06:21:16 PM »
Lol, exactly.  What site are you thinking of, pellius?  Not this one.

Just the typical self-righteous horseshit. Many here have supported Israel over the years.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #992 on: September 08, 2015, 06:27:21 PM »
How's Craig doing Harley? Has he brought his triceps up?

Dear Neither Animal,
  Craig is doing well as he prepares to compete in the 212 Mr. Olympia.
  He has been holding his condition for quite some time and actually started his diet 9 months ago.  After competing twice already this year
and holding his condition for so long, he is quite tired and ready to get the contest going.  Next year will be different in that there won't be
so long a diet.  He won't do it and doesn't have to now that Chris Aceto knows his body and has been able to dial him in.  Chris has all the top 212
guys in the Mr. Olympia this year so it will be interesting.
  As far as Craig's triceps, I think he has brought them up a bit but everyone's body hits its limit and that is all you are going to get out of it.
  I talked about this before and I always allude to Shawn Ray.  He hit his absolute potential and was not going to get any bigger.  That goes for
everybody.  Once your body hits its limit, you can take 10,000 mg of test a week and you are not going to get any bigger!!!  
  I think Craig will be competitive if he can fight off the resistance his body is now giving him for making it hold such a tight condition for so long.
That was probably the one thing I would've changed but it's hard psychologically to get these guys to come off their diets for even a few days once they are
in condition.  I just feel that you need to give your body what it needs and if it needs junk food for a short period of time so it doesn't revolt against you, then
you give it several days or even a week.  Most guys can recover and their bodies will thank them for the break in the punishment of dieting.  But hey, I'm no expert.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #993 on: September 08, 2015, 06:28:33 PM »
Trained at Super Training Gym in West Sacramento today. It was 105. 105 is hot, beastly hot.

Was it "Leg Day"?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #994 on: September 08, 2015, 06:34:14 PM »
No sir. Some cats do squat on Tuesdays at STG but it's officially a deadlift day.
a

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #995 on: September 08, 2015, 06:37:13 PM »
That is still a very tough day.  You seldom see guys doing deadlifts or pull ups.
And when I say "pull ups," I don't mean that swinging around the bars with more momentum than a Tyson upper cut.
I see guys just swinging using no muscle and then acting as if they have done something significant.
Bodybuilding must start with inertia and end in kinetic energy.  Not swinging around like a baboon. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #996 on: September 08, 2015, 06:42:51 PM »
That is still a very tough day.  You seldom see guys doing deadlifts or pull ups.
And when I say "pull ups," I don't mean that swinging around the bars with more momentum than a Tyson upper cut.
I see guys just swinging using no muscle and then acting as if they have done something significant.
Bodybuilding must start with inertia and end in kinetic energy.  Not swinging around like a baboon. 

That makes sense (am I the only person who hasn't heard it put like this before?)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #997 on: September 08, 2015, 06:51:40 PM »
I just now thought of it in that way.  Nothing profound. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #998 on: September 08, 2015, 06:58:18 PM »
I just now thought of it in that way.  Nothing profound. 

I think the swinging method alters a person's body in unintended ways. Guys who use that method tend to get a certain look to them, especially arms, and it isn't necessarily complimentary.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #999 on: September 08, 2015, 09:01:20 PM »

Perhaps, but I've been on this board for almost 15 years and this is the impression I get. Whenever the Israeli/PLO conflict comes up I pretty much stand alone. I'm sure there are some that agree with me. After all, America is one the few nations that openly support Israel (though not so much with Obama and Carter). But they remain larger silent. At least in the threads that I'm on and I always jump in on threads dealing with this topic.