Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596659 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #1025 on: September 09, 2015, 06:45:42 PM »
Dear the_swami,
   That is very high praise you gave me but Nasser did ALL that and achieved a Herculean physique. 
   I was glad to get to the point with him where I didn't feel as if he was looking through me, but at and with me.
   He also did not appear to be a zealot of any kind.  We did speak of history as I was reading quite a bit at that time as
one of my best friends was earning his Ph.D. in History at New York University and I was trying to slurp up as much free
learning and education as I could get.
   Nasser was a nice man and that above all else, is perhaps the best praise.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1026 on: September 09, 2015, 06:47:29 PM »
Man, that's something else.

Dear The Ugly,
   Thanks.  It really is a great read if you like action and subterfuge and it ends up all being non-fiction.
   There are some good pictures as well.  Again, it's not Faulkner, but it captures the reader.
Harley

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #1027 on: September 09, 2015, 06:47:58 PM »
Harley

I was fortunate enough to be good friends with Nasser after he had retired from pro BB.

your thoughts on Nasser are REMARKABLY accurate and insightful

in fact, i'm sure Nasser and you would have been great friends- you are very similar in many ways- high achievers who make their own path,self-made, intelligent, extremely well read and educated and men of the world.

as you know, Nasser had Masters degrees in history and political science and loved to discuss and debate many issues

thankyou for remembering my friend Harley

I met Nasser several times over the course of many years.  I always found him to be kind, humble, and a perfect gentleman.  I never understood the "bad press" he got back in the day.
:

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1028 on: September 09, 2015, 06:50:08 PM »
I met Nasser several times over the course of many years.  I always found him to be kind, humble, and a perfect gentleman.  I never understood the "bad press" he got back in the day.
We now have an explanation for his wonky eye.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #1029 on: September 09, 2015, 07:03:47 PM »
We now have an explanation for his wonky eye.

:-\ That hideous eh ???
:

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #1030 on: September 09, 2015, 07:06:41 PM »
chaos is just being mean.

Unless he's stalking you, he doesn't know what you look like either.

Wait...

Nevermind... He probably is stalking you.

Fuckin' chaos.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #1031 on: September 09, 2015, 07:30:00 PM »
I was insinuating that you rode him so hard you knocked his eye wonky. ::)

chaos is just being mean.

Unless he's stalking you, he doesn't know what you look like either.

Wait...

Nevermind... He probably is stalking you.

Fuckin' chaos.
In the bushes again. ....fuckin chaos.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1032 on: September 09, 2015, 08:54:33 PM »
Dear Pellius,
  You are one of my all time favorites but Random Pics, when done properly, will always get my support as it has the most amazing women on the planet and should be left to continue for the ages.
  I will say this though, sometimes, I don't understand why people put such disgusting photos on there.  The ones of nature are wonderful too.
Harley

I was using Random Pics as an example of good bumping.

I don't mind too much the disgusting pics. Hard to believe what's out there. But none of that bad bumping from me.

"I ain't gonna bump no more no big fat woman"

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1033 on: September 09, 2015, 08:57:05 PM »
Pellius bring the knowledge plus the funny!  ;)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1034 on: September 09, 2015, 09:14:29 PM »
Harley, your stories..., your life experiences....

Wow. Just wow.

Amazing how much you get out of life.

Many, like me, seem to sleep walk through life compare to those like you.

"Compared to what we ought to be, we are only half awake."

-- William James, The Energies of Men

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1035 on: September 09, 2015, 09:20:54 PM »
X

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1036 on: September 09, 2015, 10:59:03 PM »
Dear Pellius,
  Your modesty doesn't do you enough justice. 
  My philosophy on life and how I've chosen to live my own has cost me a great deal and I often wonder
if those who were more prudent, cautious and conservative than was I, were in deed, much better off than I, who tasted fruit from so many
different vine but yet never mastered the taste of any.
  "A little bit of learning is a dangerous thing, Drink deep or taste not of the Pierian Spring (Spring of Knowledge)- Alexander Pope
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1037 on: September 10, 2015, 06:00:37 AM »
Do you like any video games, Harley?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1038 on: September 10, 2015, 06:12:04 AM »
Do you like any video games, Harley?

Dear Las Vegas,
  I despise video games for what they represent to me as the quintessential symbol of why today's youth have no sense of
priority or reverence for scholarship.
  They play hours of games every day rather than read, study or do anything productive.
  Parents wait outside a store all night so a kid can have the game at 6:00 am the first day?  Maybe my values are askew and that's
fine but you ask me how I feel about something that consumes today's young people to a point of turning them into idiots and that is how I fee.
Trust me, the freshman class at Harvard or MIT did not spend hours every day after school texting and playing video games.
  Sorry for the rant.  I have strong feelings on this topic.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1039 on: September 10, 2015, 06:39:47 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I despise video games for what they represent to me as the quintessential symbol of why today's youth have no sense of
priority or reverence for scholarship.
  They play hours of games every day rather than read, study or do anything productive.
  Parents wait outside a store all night so a kid can have the game at 6:00 am the first day?  Maybe my values are askew and that's
fine but you ask me how I feel about something that consumes today's young people to a point of turning them into idiots and that is how I fee.
Trust me, the freshman class at Harvard or MIT did not spend hours every day after school texting and playing video games.
  Sorry for the rant.  I have strong feelings on this topic.
Harley

;D I understand.

They can be good for hand-eye coordination, and that's why I sometimes play them.  But stuff like the GTA series (Grand Theft Auto, which I'll admit to having played extensively in the past), makes me wonder wtf they're thinking.  No way that doesn't threaten to have a negative influence on impressionable kids.

The camping-out to "be the first" to buy products seems really idiotic, yeah.  The media loves to cover that bullshit, too... probably as an attempt to recruit people into that stupid mindset.

But no one's learning anything by playing video games.  Can't argue with that.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1040 on: September 10, 2015, 08:32:54 AM »
Harley, do you completely dismiss any idea that Nasser may be living?

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1041 on: September 10, 2015, 08:33:38 AM »
Dear Alucard,
  Thanks for the compliment.
  I have no issue in speaking about my Dad's experiences surviving Nazi Germany.  He lived in Poland and on September 1, 1939, when Germany invaded,
nothing would ever be the same.  My Grandfather would not separate himself from my Dad which was unheard of in those situations and almost always resulted in
the deaths of both dad and son.  My Grandfather, Jakob Breitowicz wrote a book which I talked about earlier here I think.  It is called "Through Hell To Life" and no, I am not here to pitch
the book.  It is not written by a professional writer. Rather, it has to be one of the very earliest accounts of the atrocities committed in Hitler's Death Camps.
  My Grandfather was shot by a 19 year old SS soldier named Josef Wurst who shot about 51 prisoners during an evacuation march from the Flossenburg Concentration Camp on April 23, 1945.  
He was later tried for war crimes and hanged on October 3, 1947.   He shot my Grandfather at point blank range, in the head, with a rifle and left him for dead.  My Grandfather got up after he left, swam up a freezing river and hid in a barn until American troops came by on their way to liberate the camps.  In the hospital, he began writing his book.  I helped him translate it from Polish to English when I was a teenager.  He was left blind in one eye and deaf in one ear.
  He and his step uncle who was sent to Siberia during the war, met up after the war and were walking down the rubble streets of Germany when there was no more government but only black market economics.  All of a sudden, walking down the street, my Grandfather recognizes one of the guards from the concentration camp who killed many people.  My grandfather and my uncle grabbed the guy,
took him down the alley and killed him.  I understand some may not approve of such vigilante justice but I cite this to mark a true historical event.
  My father was present in the camp when my Grandfather had a fight with a guard and boiling hot water flew in the air and left a scar on my Dad's leg for his entire life.  My Dad saw Hitler live, on
2 occasions.  My father was also hid in a basement in Austria by a Christian family at the risk of losing all their lives.  I met the children of those people who by the time I met them were very old.
I know this may sound like a pussy, but the came from Vienna to stay at our home when I was about 21 years old.  Upon meeting them, I couldn't help but hug them hello and start crying like a little
girl.  They didn't speak English and didn't know why I was crying.  My Dad explained to them it was just an uncontrollable outburst of my gratitude and they were very touched.
  My grandfather had "KL" tattoed on his forearm by the Nazis.  That is the real reason I will never get a tattoo.  Nothing against those who have one it's just that no one is tattooing another member
of my family ever again.
  The book was never written to sell big volumes but rather, to memorialize what had happened to my family.  I sure am glad it exists in writing and pictures.  It's almost too hard to believe.
  Having written that, feel free to ask me any question you like.
Harley
Thanks a lot for your memories mr Breite, some of the darkest days of human history... Now, if i may ask, was it Flossenburg the death camp? Or they were in others also? Were there gas chambers/ovens? Did your father remember something about religious/catholic activities or statues, emblems, writings and similar stuff? Was he a jew? Did he talk about other prisoners being protestant, orthodox, and others? Thanks again...

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #1042 on: September 10, 2015, 09:00:18 AM »
Thanks a lot for your memories mr Breite, some of the darkest days of human history... Now, if i may ask, was it Flossenburg the death camp? Or they were in others also? Were there gas chambers/ovens? Did your father remember something about religious/catholic activities or statues, emblems, writings and similar stuff? Was he a jew? Did he talk about other prisoners being protestant, orthodox, and others? Thanks again...
Buy the book. Link above
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1043 on: September 10, 2015, 09:07:14 AM »
You should create an ebook version, Harley.  It's easy enough to do.

(Do you know who posted the current version on Amazon?  Who is profiting from the sales?)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1044 on: September 10, 2015, 09:09:46 AM »
I guess it's Shengold.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1045 on: September 10, 2015, 09:31:31 AM »
Harrley, I just ordered your grandfather's book and plan to bring it to the Thursday evening O Meet the Olympians with the hope that you will autograph it for me.

I hate standing in line so you may hear me yelling , "Hey,, Harley!!".

New subject ... I have NOT read all of this thread so I may be 'remiss' in mentioning this but someone just asked n anoyher thread how much a pro would spend getting ready for the O.

The last time I asked that question more than ten years back, the response was approximately $10,00 a month ... but that may be far off base in either direction nowadays.

I am an avid reader and look forward to read ing your zayde's book.

I hope it arrives before you get here.

Todah and shalom, Stunt 

(Any incorrect Jewish pronunciations are simply because I am Swedish)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #1046 on: September 10, 2015, 09:32:39 AM »
Harrley, I just ordered your grandfather's book and plan to bring it to the Thursday evening O Meet the Olympians with the hope that you will autograph it for me.

I hate standing in line so you may hear me yelling , "Hey,, Harley!!".

New subject ... I have NOT read all of this thread so I may be 'remiss' in mentioning this but someone just asked n anoyher thread how much a pro would spend getting ready for the O.

The last time I asked that question more than ten years back, the response was approximately $10,00 a month ... but that may be far off base in either direction nowadays.

I am an avid reader and look forward to read ing your zayde's book.

I hope it arrives before you get here.

Todah and shalom, Stunt 

(Any incorrect Jewish pronunciations are simply because I am Swedish)

Back to your OG account?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1047 on: September 11, 2015, 03:22:23 AM »
Harley, do you completely dismiss any idea that Nasser may be living?

Dear Las Vegas,
  Nasser was a person with curiosity, meaning that if he were still alive, he would feel compelled to ask questions, to question things
and to increase his knowledge and life-experiences.  You can't do that in hiding, so no, I dismiss the idea that he may still be living.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1048 on: September 11, 2015, 03:25:07 AM »

Dear SF1900,
   It was very nice of you to post that picture.  You guys can find anything!!!  That is how I know Jimmy Hoffa really is dead.
   The irony of that picture is that when it ran on the front page of the newspaper a few weeks ago, not everyone recognized
by Black Belt draped over me.  I liked the contrast of Japanese letters on the belt along with the background of books written
in Arabic and Hebrew (also English and German).
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1049 on: September 11, 2015, 03:33:22 AM »

Dear Alucard,
   My Grandfather and Father were in more than just Flossenburg.  Yes, they both witnesses people "being asked" to walk into a brick building which omitted a terribly black smoke
(I really hope that doesn't invite Wiggs to make one of his points- that would be very insensitive as not just Jews were being gassed and burned alive) and then an odor of which no one
was previously familiar but would then never forget.  My Dad saw very young children walk in but never walk out.
   My Father was hidden at some point by a Catholic family and became an alter boy and took communion.  Of course, he didn't know what it all meant but he knew to do it or he would be
exposed and taken away to die.  This imbedded within him a very deep rooted appreciation for people of other faiths who were willing to risk their lives and the lives of their family for a "Jew."
   My Father did not speak too much of all this as an adult but Steven Spielberg founded a company that records and preserves the stories of Holocaust survivors.  They came (no, not Steven)
to our house and conducted a video interview with my family, first without my Dad and then with my Dad alone.  They gave us a complimentary tape from their library in California and watching
my own Dad, in our own living room speak the way he did, was quite moving. 
   And then I mentioned that I met the children of the Austrian family who saved my Dad's life.  I wrote about how and why I cried like a little girl just a bit earlier in this thread I believe.
   Thanks for asking and I hope this helps.
Harley