Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 597358 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #1200 on: September 16, 2015, 07:03:39 AM »
Harley, have Craig and you discussed this whole Kai situation? If so, what are both of yours take on this? Really disappointed that Kai is out. I really think this was his last chance to win with Ramy in the wings.

Dear Pellius,
  As per Craig, he doesn't get too involved with other things or persons in the bodybuilding world.  He is what you might consider a "blue-collar" bodybuilder.  He shops for all his own
food.  He himself, cooks all his own food.  He comes to the gym and only talks to others as much as I permit and we train.  After we train, he leaves the gym immediately to go home and
spend time with his wife, kids and granddaughter with whom he lives.  He is very humble and gets embarrassed when people stare at him.  He lives the dream while also living in the "real world"
and maintaining a family and real job.
  Me, on the other hand, my mind and perspectives on life have plagued me into a life of constant thinking.  This is perhaps one reason one of my college degrees is in Philosophy.  I am always thinking.
  One of the things I think most about is "business."  As you know, I have run my own law firm for 22 years and run my own charity for mentally and physically challenged kids.  I am always thinking
about how to improve these 2 areas.  This leads me into looking into other areas of life which I like and ponder, "How would I run and improve that business if someone gave me the reigns?"
   I often think about how I would love to work with the UFC and have a high position role in their promotions and operations.  
   So, as to Kai, I had previously respectfully disagreed with some guy here Vince G as to just how good idea it was for Kai to have his own supplement line.  I had written my opinion as to why
Kai was exactly the type of person who should NOT have his own product or business.
   It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to realize that the best manner in which to launch your own product, with your own name and your own image is at the sport's biggest event of the year.
   Imagine if Kai had won the Olympia and the amount of publicity generated from that and to be applied to promote his brand new product.  If in fact, Kai does not compete, I could not
believe he could've created a more disastrous start to his new business.  What kind of Advisor would even permit him to do this?  If I were going into business with him, even as just producing
his product, my contract with him would mandate that he compete in the Mr. O.
   Also, are you a professional bodybuilder or not?  If so, you compete at the highest level you can if you can afford to do it.  Kai can afford to take the gear, eat the food and not have a
conventional job.  Therefore, he should be competing in the Mr. O.   Perhaps he doesn't care to put it all on the line.  Perhaps he doesn't want to be considered "The Best."  That is a personal choice for him and that is fine BUT as per BUSINESS, this is yet another example of someone wanting to run their own business who should never have his own business.  He is in for a rude awakening and his "Advisors"
are not his friends nor are they doing him the correct service.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1201 on: September 16, 2015, 07:03:55 AM »
Hey Guys,
  So I promised to use today to answer all outstanding questions.
  I will do as much as I can.  And again, I thank you for all the questions (except those few guys who keep
claiming that Craig said he and I sleep together- - very frustrating sometimes).

Harley

It's people testing you to see if you'll get angry.. just roll with it, Harley (nh)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1202 on: September 16, 2015, 07:06:38 AM »
Here's a funny question for you...

Do you drink coffee?

Dear Las Vegas, 
  Thanks for the birthday wish.
  I am addicted to coffee and don't even speak until sipping that first hot cup in the morning. 
  I prefer Brazilian coffee and have been caught smuggling it back to America on more than one occasion. 
  I never had coffee from Kenya but would like to try it just once. 
  When I do a consult, I usually try to have a Dunkin' Donuts Ice Coffee with me at the table.  I hate their hot coffee and hate Starbucks too.
  I am not a coffee snob so I drink coffee from 7-11 or at a diner.  New Jersey is famous for its diners and their coffee is notoriously awesome.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1203 on: September 16, 2015, 07:14:02 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  As per Craig, he doesn't get too involved with other things or persons in the bodybuilding world.  He is what you might consider a "blue-collar" bodybuilder.  He shops for all his own
food.  He himself, cooks all his own food.  He comes to the gym and only talks to others as much as I permit and we train.  After we train, he leaves the gym immediately to go home and
spend time with his wife, kids and granddaughter with whom he lives.  He is very humble and gets embarrassed when people stare at him.  He lives the dream while also living in the "real world"
and maintaining a family and real job.
  Me, on the other hand, my mind and perspectives on life have plagued me into a life of constant thinking.  This is perhaps one reason one of my college degrees is in Philosophy.  I am always thinking.
  One of the things I think most about is "business."  As you know, I have run my own law firm for 22 years and run my own charity for mentally and physically challenged kids.  I am always thinking
about how to improve these 2 areas.  This leads me into looking into other areas of life which I like and ponder, "How would I run and improve that business if someone gave me the reigns?"
   I often think about how I would love to work with the UFC and have a high position role in their promotions and operations. 
   So, as to Kai, I had previously respectfully disagreed with some guy here Vince G as to just how good idea it was for Kai to have his own supplement line.  I had written my opinion as to why
Kai was exactly the type of person who should NOT have his own product or business.
   It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to realize that the best manner in which to launch your own product, with your own name and your own image is at the sport's biggest event of the year.
   Imagine if Kai had won the Olympia and the amount of publicity generated from that and to be applied to promote his brand new product.  If in fact, Kai does not compete, I could not
believe he could've created a more disastrous start to his new business.  What kind of Advisor would even permit him to do this?  If I were going into business with him, even as just producing
his product, my contract with him would mandate that he compete in the Mr. O.
   Also, are you a professional bodybuilder or not?  If so, you compete at the highest level you can if you can afford to do it.  Kai can afford to take the gear, eat the food and not have a
conventional job.  Therefore, he should be competing in the Mr. O.   Perhaps he doesn't care to put it all on the line.  Perhaps he doesn't want to be considered "The Best."  That is a personal choice for him and that is fine BUT as per BUSINESS, this is yet another example of someone wanting to run their own business who should never have his own business.  He is in for a rude awakening and his "Advisors"
are not his friends nor are they doing him the correct service.
Harley

Funny how no one seems to know who is advising Kai.  That's a real stumper (not even so much who it is, but why no one knows)...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #1204 on: September 16, 2015, 07:16:40 AM »
Hey Guys,
  So I promised to use today to answer all outstanding questions.
  I will do as much as I can.  And again, I thank you for all the questions (except those few guys who keep
claiming that Craig said he and I sleep together- - very frustrating sometimes).
Harley

It is unfortunate that you have to deal with such libel.

Happy birthday HB!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1205 on: September 16, 2015, 07:17:05 AM »
Dear Las Vegas, 
  Thanks for the birthday wish.
  I am addicted to coffee and don't even speak until sipping that first hot cup in the morning. 
  I prefer Brazilian coffee and have been caught smuggling it back to America on more than one occasion. 
  I never had coffee from Kenya but would like to try it just once. 
  When I do a consult, I usually try to have a Dunkin' Donuts Ice Coffee with me at the table.  I hate their hot coffee and hate Starbucks too.
  I am not a coffee snob so I drink coffee from 7-11 or at a diner.  New Jersey is famous for its diners and their coffee is notoriously awesome.
Harley

Can you pin down what it is you dislike about Starbucks, Harley?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #1206 on: September 16, 2015, 07:18:52 AM »

Starbucks to me always tastes very "burnt", if that makes sense.

I'm told they do it like this on purpose because it's very easy to control the taste from store to store (so that a coffee from Starbucks always tastes like a coffee from Starbucks).

Not a bad idea I suppose, if you're into that taste.  I prefer to brew my own at home (French press, no homo) but don't often have the time in the morning.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1207 on: September 16, 2015, 07:26:36 AM »

I'm told they do it like this on purpose because it's very easy to control the taste from store to store (so that a coffee from Starbucks always tastes like a coffee from Starbucks).

Not a bad idea I suppose, if you're into that taste.  I prefer to brew my own at home (French press, no homo) but don't often have the time in the morning.
I like a starbucks Verona black 1 splenda,,I drink black coffee usually or add non fat hazelnut creamer 'no homo'..

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #1208 on: September 16, 2015, 07:32:31 AM »

Often times I totally agree. Seems that Starbucks make their coffee too fast and under too high heat. That "burnt" taste is exactly that.
a

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1209 on: September 16, 2015, 07:40:35 AM »
Dear Harley,

Im not sure if you answered this in other posts, but what is your general opinion of prosecutors and judges you have dealt with over the years?

Are prosecutors really seeking justice?  Are they just looking to further their career with no care given to the accused?  What about judges?

I know not all are the same, but is there a general personality type that seeks to be a prosecutor or seeks to be a judge?

On the flip side, what are most private defense attorneys like?  Money grubbers?  Seekers of justice?  Combination of both?

Dear Oliolioli,
  Let me answer you question in 3 parts so as not to create a terribly long response.
  Prosecutors-  Let me begin by saying that I am reluctant to draw labels on others or to create stereotypes.   I despise when others do that to me.
                      But, in order to answer your question, I will give my general thoughts.
                      Too few Prosecutors believe that a Defendant is innocent.  The charge itself, to them, is too overwhelming to overcome.  They feel that if you are charged,
then you are guilty.  They don't take into account whether or not Law Enforcement abided by all the rules or cheated and cut corners or just flat out lied.
                      The power they yield is frightening.  There needs to be a bit more compassion towards those with addictions.  Drug addicts need something more than just long
prison sentences.  Also, "Victimless Crimes" like prostitution and gambling need to be given a closer examination.  
                      Rather than attempting to appear "tough on crime" in order to move up the ladder or seek a judgeship, why not take more of a humanitarian look at the file.  If they
would just stop with that "well, that is the office policy" nonsense and make a decision which is sincere and could actually help people I would have much more respect for them.  It's as
if they all come from perfect homes, never dealt with mental illness or drug addiction and have some code of moral superiority they feel they must impose upon others.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1210 on: September 16, 2015, 07:42:09 AM »
It is unfortunate that you have to deal with such libel.

Happy birthday HB!

There are enough strippers who can show cashed checks for rent, cars and education to corroborate my heterosexuality.  LOL

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1211 on: September 16, 2015, 07:42:51 AM »

No, it makes perfect sense... but you find that's the norm instead of the exception?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1212 on: September 16, 2015, 07:44:31 AM »

Dear Las Vegas,
   I agree, and further stress that its only "taste" is that of burnt coffee.
   Also, as a matter of principle, why so expensive?  Is it twice as good as the $1.49 cup at 7-11 which you can make to your own liking.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1213 on: September 16, 2015, 07:48:00 AM »
Often times I totally agree. Seems that Starbucks make their coffee too fast and under too high heat. That "burnt" taste is exactly that.

Yes, it is exactly that.  I've always thought it's because they overestimated demand that morning.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1214 on: September 16, 2015, 08:09:06 AM »
Dear Harley,

Im not sure if you answered this in other posts, but what is your general opinion of prosecutors and judges you have dealt with over the years?

Are prosecutors really seeking justice?  Are they just looking to further their career with no care given to the accused?  What about judges?

I know not all are the same, but is there a general personality type that seeks to be a prosecutor or seeks to be a judge?

On the flip side, what are most private defense attorneys like?  Money grubbers?  Seekers of justice?  Combination of both?

Dear Oliolioli,
  Judges-  I have a massive issue with most judges as they believe the robe is a license to bully.  I always say, "It's easy to be a bully while wearing a robe.  Take it off, walk down the
streets of Paterson and act the very same way."  It would never happen.
               While some counties in some states actually elect their judges in public elections, most are appointed by a politician.  Now, just imagine what this does to the idea of
a "meritocracy."  Most judges are not qualified to become judges.  They work for big political firms and receive favors and become judges thanks to donations to politicians.  You
would be amazed as to how many judges become judges yet have NEVER ONCE tried a single case before a jury!!!  That is absurd.
               We have a United States Supreme Court Justice, Elena Kagan who became a U.S. Supreme Court Justice and yet NEVER tried a case before a jury.  And if you think I am
not being sincere in my belief, Justice Kagan is actually my cousin!!!!  And I still feel this way.
                The most important quality in a judge is "Demeanor."  How he treats the litigants, the lawyers, the public and his staff is most indicative of how qualified he really is to have
that job.  Loss the arrogance and sense of entitlement and remember what it's like for those lawyers before the Court who have 5-10 other cases on that same day and same time and
are just trying to make a living by keeping their clients happy.  I've had huge public fights with judges who thought they could try to embarrass me in open court or in front of a jury without
any consequences.  Not in my lifetime.  I've also been held in contempt many times and have the checks I had to write in a file just to laugh about it.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1215 on: September 16, 2015, 08:14:49 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
   I agree, and further stress that its only "taste" is that of burnt coffee.
   Also, as a matter of principle, why so expensive?  Is it twice as good as the $1.49 cup at 7-11 which you can make to your own liking.
Harley

Yes, and at 7-11 you can tell beforehand whether it's burnt, too.  They usually have a good pot somewhere on the burners that you can use, and you're free to toss anything that's been overheated.

But if you hold up a clear cup of 7-11 coffee beside a clear cup of Starbucks, there's no doubt the SB has much more coffee vs. water than the 7-11.  (That's not much good if it isn't worth drinking, though, I know.)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1216 on: September 16, 2015, 08:22:18 AM »
Dear Oliolioli,
  Let me answer you question in 3 parts so as not to create a terribly long response.
  Prosecutors-  Let me begin by saying that I am reluctant to draw labels on others or to create stereotypes.   I despise when others do that to me.
                      Too few Prosecutors believe that a Defendant is innocent.  The charge itself, to them, is too overwhelming to overcome.  They feel that if you are charged,
then you are guilty.  They don't take into account whether or not Law Enforcement abided by all the rules or cheated and cut corners or just flat out lied.
                      The power they yield is frightening.  There needs to be a bit more compassion towards those with addictions.  Drug addicts need something more than just long
prison sentences.  Also, "Victimless Crimes" like prostitution and gambling need to be given a closer examination.  
                      Rather than attempting to appear "tough on crime" in order to move up the ladder or seek a judgeship, why not take more of a humanitarian look at the file.  If they
would just stop with that "well, that is the office policy" nonsense and make a decision which is sincere and could actually help people I would have much more respect for them.  It's as
if they all come from perfect homes, never dealt with mental illness or drug addiction and have some code of moral superiority they feel they must impose upon others.
Harley

Great post, H.

Simple Simon

« Reply #1217 on: September 16, 2015, 08:27:22 AM »
Dear Oliolioli,
Harley

Gambling can not only ruin the life of the gambler but his entire family who may become homeless or in debt because of his actions, surely they are victims of the persons addiction.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1218 on: September 16, 2015, 08:31:32 AM »
Dear Oliolioli,
  Judges-  I have a massive issue with most judges as they believe the robe is a license to bully.  I always say, "It's easy to be a bully while wearing a robe.  Take it off, walk down the
streets of Paterson and act the very same way."  It would never happen.
               While some counties in some states actually elect their judges in public elections, most are appointed by a politician.  Now, just imagine what this does to the idea of
a "meritocracy."  Most judges are not qualified to become judges.  They work for big political firms and receive favors and become judges thanks to donations to politicians.  You
would be amazed as to how many judges become judges yet have NEVER ONCE tried a single case before a jury!!!  That is absurd.
               We have a United States Supreme Court Justice, Elena Kagan who became a U.S. Supreme Court Justice and yet NEVER tried a case before a jury.  And if you think I am
not being sincere in my belief, Justice Kagan is actually my cousin!!!!  And I still feel this way.
                The most important quality in a judge is "Demeanor."  How he treats the litigants, the lawyers, the public and his staff is most indicative of how qualified he really is to have
that job.  Loss the arrogance and sense of entitlement and remember what it's like for those lawyers before the Court who have 5-10 other cases on that same day and same time and
are just trying to make a living by keeping their clients happy.  I've had huge public fights with judges who thought they could try to embarrass me in open court or in front of a jury without
any consequences.  Not in my lifetime.  I've also been held in contempt many times and have the checks I had to write in a file just to laugh about it.
Harley

Wow, that is interesting about Kagan.  Have you ever met her?  (I know she's your cousin, but that doesn't necessarily mean you've met her... certain people may be confused by that.)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1219 on: September 16, 2015, 08:33:35 AM »
Gambling can not only ruin the life of the gambler but his entire family who may become homeless or in debt because of his actions, surely they are victims of the persons addiction.

On a personal level, I think he shares that idea w you... he's mentioned it before.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1220 on: September 16, 2015, 08:43:46 AM »
Dear Harley,

Dear Oliolioli,
 Private Defense Attorneys- The truth is, I don't have much in common with most Private Defense Attorneys (PDAs).  Most practice law as a business.  I fully understand the "business"
       end of it and I am not bashful to making money but there are ways to do it and ways not to do it.  First, you can practice compassion and patience while also making money.  The number
       1 complaint about attorneys is that you can't get them on the phone.  It's true!!! I'm an attorney and other attorneys won't call me back.  Don't take the case if you don't have the time
       to answer calls concerning the case.  Many attorneys take on cases they know are a bit out of their reach and then have the arrogance to ignore advice to bring on other counsel to assist them.
       I find most attorneys quote excessive fees, scare people at their consults and spend too little time on the file.
       Few too many attorneys begin thinking about true trial strategy when the case comes in.  This is a product of many things, among them laziness and an unwillingness to actually try the
case before a jury as well as a true absence of knowledge and experience as to how to try an actual case.
       Having said all that, there are, in fact, many hard working PDAs and it is a very competitive business.  NJ alone has over 60,000 lawyers.  And some people are not smart enough or willing to
pay for the best or even a quality lawyer.  
       Most attorney consults last 15 minutes with 10 minutes devoted to promises and the remaining 5 minutes devoted to the price.
       My consults last at least 1 hour and explain the charges, the potential penalties and the process by which I would handle the matter and my consults are
FREE.  I tell people, "Your money doesn't motivate me to win. I'm a winner.  I am not retiring off your case and if you don't hire me, that is understandable but I will still
have food to eat.  I am only interested in representing people who are going to help me win the case and if you choose another attorney, you can always call me and ask
me a question for free.  You should only hire the person whom you feel is best for you and I may not be that person.  However, if you want the best, you are here."
       I think it's important to be realistic at consults and not make promises as to results that you can't keep.  I lose a great deal of money to less scrupulous attorneys who
promise the client exactly what they want to hear despite knowing full well that they can't deliver that result when the case comes to its end.
       I, unlike every other attorney, do NOT charge extra for a trial.  None of my clients will feel forced to take a plea simply because they couldn't financially afford the trial they
would've preferred.  That may not be good business but I don't want any of my clients to ever make a decision which impacts their freedom based solely upon money.
       When I am trying a case before a jury I sleep no more than 4 hours per night and the rest of my work gets put on hold and I can't take in any new clients.  That is an awfully
big sacrifices and one large reason why most attorneys discourage their clients from pursuing a trial.  However, if you try cases and are good at it, Prosecutors know that when you
say, "Ok, let's just try the case' that you mean it and you could actually win.  That leads to much better plea offers.  It's like sitting on your porch with your dog next to you.  If you dog
barks but never bites, people will walk onto your porch, enter your house and piss in your kitchen.  If however, your dog bites, different story.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1221 on: September 16, 2015, 08:46:44 AM »

I made that same exact argument on a thread about Nick Diaz being suspended and got called out for it but technically, under definition, it is a Victimless Crime.
I think Gambling is horrendous and ruins entire families and generations as much as does crack.

Simple Simon

« Reply #1222 on: September 16, 2015, 08:49:12 AM »
I made that same exact argument on a thread about Nick Diaz being suspended and got called out for it but technically, under definition, it is a Victimless Crime.
I think Gambling is horrendous and ruins entire families and generations as much as does crack.
agreed, but isnt society as a whole the real victim?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1223 on: September 16, 2015, 08:53:40 AM »
agreed, but isnt society as a whole the real victim?

That's the idea, anyway, and why it tends to be illegal.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1224 on: September 16, 2015, 09:00:36 AM »
Wow, that is interesting about Kagan.  Have you ever met her?  (I know she's your cousin, but that doesn't necessarily mean you've met her... certain people may be confused by that.)

I could've gone to Washington, DC for her swearing in but I find the whole thing so political and hypocritical that I just can't bring myself to go to such events.