Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596437 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #1850 on: October 11, 2015, 08:52:05 PM »
Harley,

My 11 year old son started training in BJJ over the summer.  So far it has been the best money I've spent on him his entire life.  He is on the spectrum
of ADHD and has impulse/anger issues.  Since beginning this training, we've seen very little of his former behavioral patterns.  He also plays hockey and
that season just started.  I've never seen him with better focus and attention to detail ever.  Anyways, my question to you is what is your opinion of Rigan
Machado BJJ?  My son's instructor is the the first if not only Machado BJJ black belt in Michigan.

Thanks,
Larry
YOU'RE KILLING ME, LARRY!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1851 on: October 11, 2015, 09:17:09 PM »
You seem to have confused my intention.I know you love the system that allows everyone to be represented in a court room no matter what, you made no secret of that.I also know you love the money to buy cars, vacations etc, you made no secret of that.I just wondered which would be put above the other, its nothing to be ashamed of admitting, we are all human.For example,I know with certainty that you'd give up both in a heartbeat for your family.

Dear Army of One,
  I am proud of what I do for a living, but I work to "fund my interests."
  If I hit the lottery, I would no longer represent people, not anyone.
  I have many interests in life which I wish to continue and further pursue.  Those things can not be done with the aid of money.
  I hope that honesty comes through.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1852 on: October 11, 2015, 09:27:37 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  It is merely possible that after breaking in, he came across the child, she screamed, frightened him, he killed her and went upstairs to see if anyone else was there.
  He could've come across the pad and hastily concluded to write a note as to throw off suspicion.
  This is, admittedly, ludicrous, but crime is not rational and criminals have done some very stupid things in the midst of killing, especially if it wasn't planned.
  Again, I have no idea who did this and the neighbors saying the wife changed her handwriting sounds a bit like sour grapes or a desire to be heard but it could
all be true.
  But then you have to ask, how does the husband decide to save his wife from all that.
  In the end, I have no answers just speculation.
Harley

Harley, I should have mentioned that the woman was one of the people present when JB's body was found.  She and her husband were very close friends with the Ramseys, and their children are approximately the same ages as the Ramsey children so the families spent lots of time together (including holidays).  Their daughter was JB's best friend.

They are the Whites, and it seems the Ramsey lawyers kept them separated from the Ramseys.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1853 on: October 11, 2015, 09:35:38 PM »
To be exact, Burke is the oldest.  He is two years older than the White boy.  The girls were the same age.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1854 on: October 11, 2015, 10:00:13 PM »
Dear Pellius,
  No, I feel no "personal responsibility" for my actions when I do my job and follow the law.  To whom should I feel some personal responsibility?  To the lawmakers? To the judge?  To the inept
prosecutor?  To 12 jurors who unanimously voted Not Guilty?  To a society that elects officials who write the laws?  To a criminal justice system which is inarguably flawed but yet, remains the best
criminal justice system in the entire world?

What about the personal responsibility I feel towards my client who may, in fact, be innocent or perhaps over-charged?
  If I take a job, I do the job.
  Here is one that will piss you guys off:  The ONLY cases I refuse to take are those involving charges of animal cruelty.
  Go ahead and ask what type of fucked up person represents murderers, rapists and child abusers but won't represent an animal abuser.
Harley

Sorry to pile on, but any particular reason you omitted victim/loved ones from that list?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1855 on: October 11, 2015, 10:13:08 PM »
Sorry to pile on, but any particular reason you omitted victim/loved ones from that list?

To be fair to Harley, I've no doubt he has every concern for the victims and loved ones.  It is natural for people (everyone with a soul) to care, to the point it has tons of weight. 

Harley is the guy who makes sure that weight doesn't unfairly crush anyone, including his client.  It's one of those things that must be done if we're going to have a legitimate system.

As fucked as it can be, what's the alternative?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1856 on: October 11, 2015, 10:16:42 PM »
To be fair to Harley, I've no doubt he has every concern for the victims and loved ones.  It is natural for people (everyone with a soul) to care, to the point it has tons of weight.  

Harley is the guy who makes sure that weight doesn't unfairly crush anyone, including his client.  It's one of those things that must be done if we're going to have a legitimate system.

As fucked as it can be, what's the alternative?

Dude.

Really?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1857 on: October 11, 2015, 10:28:52 PM »
Dude.

Really?

Yes.  What is that alternative?  Maybe you have an idea.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1858 on: October 11, 2015, 10:36:48 PM »
Just so there's no doubt, I don't think anyone could deny that Harley has big soul and he's got heart for miles.

But maybe someone could come up with a different way he could consider taking?  What would we do if Harley and guys like him just said "fuck it" and "let's pretend the prosecutors are all honest and saintly" like they (prosecutors) want us to believe?  What would happen then?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1859 on: October 11, 2015, 10:48:01 PM »
Harley,

My 11 year old son started training in BJJ over the summer.  So far it has been the best money I've spent on him his entire life.  He is on the spectrum
of ADHD and has impulse/anger issues.  Since beginning this training, we've seen very little of his former behavioral patterns.  He also plays hockey and
that season just started.  I've never seen him with better focus and attention to detail ever.  Anyways, my question to you is what is your opinion of Rigan
Machado BJJ?  My son's instructor is the the first if not only Machado BJJ black belt in Michigan.

Thanks,
Larry

What is the name of your son's instructor? I trained for 10 years at the original RCJ Machado Academy located in Redondo Beach, CA. Carlos, Roger, Rigan, Jean Jacque and John were all there teaching. Those were the glory years. Carlos left when Chuck Norris got his Texas Ranger gig and wanted to take Carlos with him to continue his training and to start up a BJJ school in Texas.

Over the years they all broke up to start their own schools.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1860 on: October 11, 2015, 10:48:43 PM »
Yes.  What is that alternative?  Maybe you have an idea.

I don't know, maybe we let Harley handle Harley questions? Guess that'd be my idea.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1861 on: October 11, 2015, 11:01:46 PM »

I don't know, maybe we let Harley handle Harley questions? Guess that'd be my idea.

Good idea.  Meanwhile, if you come up with that, I'd be interested to know.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1862 on: October 11, 2015, 11:05:08 PM »
The general consensus was that it was done to protect Burke, nobody saw any point in ruining another young life.

The wonders of money.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1863 on: October 11, 2015, 11:05:17 PM »
Good idea.  Meanwhile, if you come up with that, I'd be interested to know.

Come up with what? I'm lost.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1864 on: October 11, 2015, 11:14:17 PM »
Come up with what? I'm lost.

Some way (any good way) to get around all the shit we hate about this system.  I would like to know.  You've come up with lots of excellent insight before on different topics, so I really want to know.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #1865 on: October 11, 2015, 11:49:28 PM »
Dear Kim Jong Bob,
  I had no issue ever representing the most disgusting of society's transgressors.  As I have often written, it's not the crime, but the illegal process and prosecution I need to prevent.
Preventing crime is someone else's job.
  You are not alone in feeling difficulty in representing sexual offenders.  That is most understandable.  It should never be confused that I condone such behavior.  That is certainly not the case.
  There were just 2 pedophile cases that I can't shake from my memory and I have represented thousands of them.  Not even sure GetBig could handle the facts of those 2 cases.
Harley
cool thanks...i wasnt implying that you arr defending the deed. You sure have a  interesting job. To bad some idiots blame you for losing the case and not themself for doing the crime in first place (you said that you ha e thrreats against you)...its like in som slums in sweden thats populated by 90% immmigrants and lots of gangs..if someone cets shot or beaten up the albulance doesnt go in without cops with them cause the gang s start to attack the medics for trying to help there enemies

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1866 on: October 12, 2015, 04:32:29 AM »
Diet Status:
  DIET

Starting Point:                        09/21/14- 212.2 lbs.
Goals:                                   15 Weeks:     01/04/16 - 167 lbs.                   

Week 1:       09/28/15 - 200.8 lbs.      Amount Lost: 11.4 lbs.   

Week 2:       10/05/15 -  206.6 lbs.      Amount Lost: -5.8 lbs. (5 Nights in Disney)

Week 3:       10/12/15 -  200.8 lbs.      Amount Lost:  5.8 lbs. 

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1867 on: October 12, 2015, 04:42:27 AM »
Diet Status:
  DIET

Starting Point:                        09/21/14- 212.2 lbs.
Goals:                                   15 Weeks:     01/04/16 - 167 lbs.                   

Week 1:       09/28/15 - 200.8 lbs.      Amount Lost: 11.4 lbs.   

Week 2:       10/05/15 -  206.6 lbs.      Amount Lost: -5.8 lbs. (5 Nights in Disney)

Week 3:       10/12/15 -  200.8 lbs.      Amount Lost:  5.8 lbs. 

Has it been three weeks already.

I am a big believer in weighing yourself everyday first thing in the morning. A lot can happen in a week and daily weighing lets you know where you are trending.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1868 on: October 12, 2015, 05:20:30 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  I do weigh myself every morning.
  The hunger at night is really my biggest threat.  I try to eat something light if I have to but it's the worst part
of it all.
  You guys understand.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1869 on: October 12, 2015, 06:20:35 AM »
Who should you feel personal responsibility towards?

Maybe yourself. Having to look at yourself in the mirror.

Does one leave their personal humanity on the shelf when doing their jobs? Is there Harley the civilian: a good, decent compassionate man; and Harley the Defense Attorney whose job is to win cases and the two shall never over lap?

Remember one of the arguments used by the Nazis was that they were just instruments of the State. They were just doing their jobs.

Remember that scene in the Green Mile where Tom Hanks is asking himself what is he going to say when he stands before God knowing that he had executed an innocent man? "What am I going to say? I was doing my job?"

Doing your job.

Regardless of where the order or imperative comes from, one is still responsible for one's actions. If you knowingly kill an innocent man, knowingly get a guilty man off completely, does that relieve you of any personal responsibility because it was your job?

Dear Pellius,
  Might you agree that comparing the job of a defense attorney is a far cry from a Nazi concentration camp soldier walking people into an oven as per his "orders"?
  When I look at myself in the mirror, I see a wretched physical being, a partially defeated dreamer and a terribly flawed human being who aspired to live a better moral standard
and not let his "id" get so much the better of him.
  But I also see someone who hasn't hurt another with malice, unless deserved.  I see someone who has actually helped a few people in his day and most of them, without any
publicity.  I see someone who stood up to bullies, be it in the courtroom, the gym, the street or anywhere else where the weak and disadvantaged were preyed upon by
"the more fortunate" and "the pretty people."
  I don't believe in God so I need only answer to myself, those whom I love and those whom I respect.
  My job is just that.  A job that this government has condoned and permitted and has actually been shown to help more persons than it hurts.  The guy tearing down trees in order
for us to have more Starbucks or The Pope going to Africa and telling them not to practice birth control seem to me to do much more damage than me perhaps getting more lenient
deals for those who transgress the law. 
  I can live with myself and the internal struggles I face each and every day have nothing to do with some client who may or may not become a recidivist after I am done with my job.
  I don't control the free will of others.  Let the State do their job correctly and we will have much less to worry about.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1870 on: October 12, 2015, 06:23:22 AM »
BTW, don't feel any pressure to answer quickly or at all. Some subjects get to involved and takes so much time to resolve over a message board. Plus, I have a huge advantage over you. It's about 5:15 pm here in Hawaii which means it's getting pretty late for you. It's been proven that not getting enough sleep increases cortisol which promotes fat storage.

I don't want to get in your way to epic leans (A Marty Champion/Falcon term).

Dear Pellius,
  You are smart to realize that some of these topics require rumination and time and precision in formulating one's thoughts.
  I don't sleep very well and thus never seem to float the weight others do as per a good night's sleep.
  I don't know the term "epic leans" or the Marty Champion/Falcon fellows but I'm not sure my goal is epic worthy.  It's just my attempt to
get a hold of my life and end this mental cancer that practically pervades every conscious minute of my self doubts.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1871 on: October 12, 2015, 06:25:10 AM »

We have seen the alternatives.  Saudi Arabia has already killed over 130 people this year as punishment for crimes.  Some, after having given
what is publicly acknowledged as "coerced confessions."  Nazi Germany had a "court system."  That didn't work out too well either.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1872 on: October 12, 2015, 07:33:06 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  I do weigh myself every morning.
  The hunger at night is really my biggest threat.  I try to eat something light if I have to but it's the worst part
of it all.
  You guys understand.
Harley
I remember a good boxer who i won´t name here told me .. Drink a large glass of water before a meal.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1873 on: October 12, 2015, 09:49:25 AM »
1961 Chevrolet Corvair Custom Sideload Pickup.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #1874 on: October 12, 2015, 09:55:19 AM »
I remember a good boxer who i won´t name here told me .. Drink a large glass of water before a meal.

Glad you didn't name him, that could be very incriminating if it got out