Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 597093 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2300 on: November 16, 2015, 05:30:49 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I had a great meal and pep talk with Craig only to come home and be up all night, once again,
in pain.  I had planned on starting cardio and the gym but even running lightly in place was extremely
painful.  This is something I never experienced but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night so I know a great
deal about Liver Hematomas now.  Actually, after I saw my doctor, I did some Google research and it confirmed
what my doctor said that there is nothing to do but rest for 6-8 weeks.
  As the great Scottish poet Robert Burns once wrote about the "best laid schemes of mice and men" so goes I, for now.
Harley
Harley ,I've never had any thing serious before either ever health wise,and I had an infection called 'prostatistis 'in prostate took 3 months to get better and that was the avg case scenario..i google so much on it my head was spinning,the drugs I used looked at hundreds reviews good/bad..i'm back tho so the dr's were right...

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2301 on: November 16, 2015, 05:45:47 AM »
Harley ,I've never had any thing serious before either ever health wise,and I had an infection called 'prostatistis 'in prostate took 3 months to get better and that was the avg case scenario..i google so much on it my head was spinning,the drugs I used looked at hundreds reviews good/bad..i'm back tho so the dr's were right...
NJ pretty sure I had the same thing a few years back. What ere all of your symptoms?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2302 on: November 16, 2015, 09:34:48 AM »
NJ pretty sure I had the same thing a few years back. What ere all of your symptoms?
PAIN LEVEL CHRONIC 10 PLUS,,,urination every 1/2 to hr even with no fluids drank,pain not during but in between that 1/2 hr to hr going...pain in groin /nuts like I rode a bike for hrs,pain on top like I wanted to machete it off..after treatment back to gold...

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2303 on: November 16, 2015, 10:30:45 AM »
PAIN LEVEL CHRONIC 10 PLUS,,,urination every 1/2 to hr even with no fluids drank,pain not during but in between that 1/2 hr to hr going...pain in groin /nuts like I rode a bike for hrs,pain on top like I wanted to machete it off..after treatment back to gold...
Maybe it wasn't that, just an infection. I had some pain after urination. Blood and slight pain discomfort after ejaculation. Went away after I took antibiotics after about 2 months. Had kidney stones too, now that was fun.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2304 on: November 17, 2015, 09:18:33 AM »
Has Tyrone been adjusting OK, Harley?

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #2305 on: November 22, 2015, 06:13:01 PM »
Did this shyster off himself? He hasn't bumped this thread like he usually does

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2306 on: November 22, 2015, 06:55:38 PM »
Did this shyster off himself? He hasn't bumped this thread like he usually does

Why is he a shyster? And why would he "off" himself? Seems to me he has a very fulfilling life with a wide range of interests. And Harley does not bump threads. We do. He's a very interesting guy and there's a lot we want to learn from him. He's been off this thread for some days now due to his unfortunate injury and the effect it has had on him and look how behind he is in the questions that we have for him. I, for one, am eagerly awaiting his return.

And why don't you answer his question, and now mine, who is Dennis? That might better explain your hard on for Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2307 on: November 23, 2015, 03:47:07 AM »
Hey Guys,
   No, this "shyster" has not "offed himself." 
   When I was a young kid in the 70's no one spoke of either divorce or depression in meaningful ways.  Yet, today,
we have to admit the prevalence of both and the serious consequences each poses.
   So, if OlympiaGym finds my admission to depression less alpha-male than he likes in his superheroes, well, I am just
another failed superhero.  I am sure he find another guy in tights to harangue. 
   I will scroll back and get to any questions I've left behind but I don't think there were that many.  You guys were pretty
silent about my MHP and Victor report and after that, I got injured so I didn't have much news to tell.  Of course, I am still
always here to "bump" this thread by answering any questions you might have about anything.
  My friend and Professor of BJJ, Vitor Terra submitted his opponent in the Finals Saturday at the IBJJF New York Pro in the Black Belt Division.
He has now won both the Miami Open and the NY Open which put him as the Number 1 Black Belt in the IBJJF.  Quite an honor.  He competed in
the 168 pound division.
  The "shyster" despite his public absence, did manage to assist a fellow GetBigger but that is a private matter which I would never reveal.  My point
is that while I may go off line for a few days due to a bout, I will not ignore important matters you guys send me via PM.
   It's always nice to wake up to a friendly response from Pellius.  Thank you.
Harley

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2308 on: November 23, 2015, 05:15:47 AM »
Harley may think he is done with his past but his past isn't done with him.

Justice for Dennis.
??? Come clean!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2309 on: November 23, 2015, 06:52:14 AM »
I think the reason you didn't get much of reaction from the MHP/Victor situation is that, well at least for my part, it doesn't come as a surprise. It seems that he was always destined to a bad end. I'm not sure if it's all bad luck because I've heard so much about him being shady. It was still interesting news because though many thought things will go bad for him no one has quite sure how it would happen. He was a great bber in his prime and should have beaten Jay that one year.

Congrats to Vitor for his victory.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2310 on: November 23, 2015, 07:49:11 AM »
You'll be back 100% and feeling great, Harley.  You have your priorities set, now, and you will meet your fitness goal.  That's the important part.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2311 on: November 23, 2015, 09:04:17 AM »
Thank you for your help Harley
You kept your word and truly helped my family
w

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2312 on: November 27, 2015, 05:02:50 AM »
Dear NaturalWonder83,
   It was my pleasure to help you and your family.
   Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Harley

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2313 on: November 27, 2015, 05:14:42 AM »
Thank you for your help Harley
You kept your word and truly helped my family

respect to Harley. What a great guy!  :)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2314 on: November 27, 2015, 05:19:12 AM »
Has Tyrone been adjusting OK, Harley?

Dear Las Vegas,
  A few weeks ago, we went to pick up Tyrone in the Bronx as The Breeder, Dark Dynasty K9s drove him down from New Hampshire.
  When we arrived I couldn't believe how gorgeous Tyrone appeared.  I was also pleasantly shocked that they had brought with them
his father, The Hulk, the world's largest pit bull.  The Hulk was the most docile and wonderful dog I have ever met.  Then his size?
Well, a crowd quickly gathered and recognized him from his 35 million YouTube hits.  Marlon and Lisa were great as they introduced The Hulk
to everyone and let everyone take photos.
  Well, as I mentioned, my Mom was dead set against me bringing home a dog and knew nothing of this plan.  Needless to say, when we arrived,
all hell broke loose.  Eventually, she calmed down and grew fond of the "little guy" who ate everything in site including all the cat's food.  My cat,
Oskar, a rescued street cat, took several swipes at Tyrone who ran away.  
  Even though my Mom calmed down, I was over taken with a sense of shame for having somewhat deceived my Mom.  Although this was the 4th pit bull
I brought home against her wishes and I had been alluding to the fact that I was interested in a "Giant Pit Bull" and we might get a visitor, I felt a massive
amount of shame.  Given how terribly flawed I am, I am not equipped to take on more guilt or shame, especially when it emanates from my own Mom.
  I told my Mom the dog was going back to New Hampshire tomorrow.  She said no.  She agreed to keep him.
  However, as Tyrone howled all night in his cage, I realized that there was not enough patience and ability to deal with sleep deprivation to properly house
train an 8 week old puppy.  I called The Breeder at 2:45 am and we spoke.  She said that she would take him back but would think of a plan to perhaps
salvage the situation.
  The next morning, as I made plans for Tyrone to be driven back up that day, Lisa suggested that she take back Tyrone and house break him.  Well, that sounded
pretty good.  Also, given that Tyrone was going to be trained for a very high level of home and personal protection on the street and at my office, she suggested that
she just keep him until all his training is done.  This is routinely done by them as they sometimes keep a dog for 12 to 18 months before the owner takes him.
  Given the training Tyrone will undergo, the fact that my Mom liked him and that he is just incredible in terms of looks and disposition, Tyrone is back in New Hampshire
for full training.  I suspect I will take him back in about 10 to 12 months if I can hold out that long.
  It was a difficult process and one that sent my heart rate up and down for quite some time.  In the end, I think it will be best although I wish I was better able to have
the "puppy experience."  I plan on going to visit Tyrone occasionally in New Hampshire so that we can begin to bond although Lisa said that isn't even necessary but not a
bad idea.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2315 on: November 27, 2015, 05:45:45 AM »
Yes! I was about to post something similar. Just because you are out of the gym don't just pig out and get fat. Remember, abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. I believe it was a wise man (True Adonis) who once said bodybuilding should be renamed caloric restriction.

Dear Calfzilla,
  Given the chronic pain from my "liver shot" it does seem to be true that it will take about 8 weeks before the pain is gone and I can resume training.  I remain frustrated
by this injury as January marks 26 years I've enjoyed martial arts training but this injury is the first to my liver and came at the absolute worst time.  My diet and training
were really taking off and I was sure to hit my goal.
  Well, life has its own dictates at times so I am pretty much left with no other option but to starve myself.  I am now on a completely catabolic path to at least lose the "pounds."
As I am sure you guys know, losing weight for the sheer sake of losing weight will not improve one's condition.  I am just going to be a much smaller version of myself in 5 weeks if
all goes well.  My plan is to lose as much weight as I can be eating as little as I can and then, when I can train, eat quality food and build up some muscle.
  I used to think it was actually painful to eat 5 times a day.  Now I find it most painful to be hungry all the time.
  Why couldn't I have become obsessed with chess or checkers rather than bodybuilding?
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2316 on: November 27, 2015, 06:22:08 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  A few weeks ago, we went to pick up Tyrone in the Bronx as The Breeder, Dark Dynasty K9s drove him down from New Hampshire.
  When we arrived I couldn't believe how gorgeous Tyrone appeared.  I was also pleasantly shocked that they had brought with them
his father, The Hulk, the world's largest pit bull.  The Hulk was the most docile and wonderful dog I have ever met.  Then his size?
Well, a crowd quickly gathered and recognized him from his 35 million YouTube hits.  Marlon and Lisa were great as they introduced The Hulk
to everyone and let everyone take photos.
  Well, as I mentioned, my Mom was dead set against me bringing home a dog and knew nothing of this plan.  Needless to say, when we arrived,
all hell broke loose.  Eventually, she calmed down and grew fond of the "little guy" who ate everything in site including all the cat's food.  My cat,
Oskar, a rescued street cat, took several swipes at Tyrone who ran away.  
  Even though my Mom calmed down, I was over taken with a sense of shame for having somewhat deceived my Mom.  Although this was the 4th pit bull
I brought home against her wishes and I had been alluding to the fact that I was interested in a "Giant Pit Bull" and we might get a visitor, I felt a massive
amount of shame.  Given how terribly flawed I am, I am not equipped to take on more guilt or shame, especially when it emanates from my own Mom.
  I told my Mom the dog was going back to New Hampshire tomorrow.  She said no.  She agreed to keep him.
  However, as Tyrone howled all night in his cage, I realized that there was not enough patience and ability to deal with sleep deprivation to properly house
train an 8 week old puppy.  I called The Breeder at 2:45 am and we spoke.  She said that she would take him back but would think of a plan to perhaps
salvage the situation.
  The next morning, as I made plans for Tyrone to be driven back up that day, Lisa suggested that she take back Tyrone and house break him.  Well, that sounded
pretty good.  Also, given that Tyrone was going to be trained for a very high level of home and personal protection on the street and at my office, she suggested that
she just keep him until all his training is done.  This is routinely done by them as they sometimes keep a dog for 12 to 18 months before the owner takes him.
  Given the training Tyrone will undergo, the fact that my Mom liked him and that he is just incredible in terms of looks and disposition, Tyrone is back in New Hampshire
for full training.  I suspect I will take him back in about 10 to 12 months if I can hold out that long.
  It was a difficult process and one that sent my heart rate up and down for quite some time.  In the end, I think it will be best although I wish I was better able to have
the "puppy experience."  I plan on going to visit Tyrone occasionally in New Hampshire so that we can begin to bond although Lisa said that isn't even necessary but not a
bad idea.
Harley

Harley, how did your mom get along with Bruno?  Do you think part of her feelings could be due to remembering the heartbreak and pain of losing him?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2317 on: November 27, 2015, 06:25:24 AM »
It kind of scares me to think of how they train puppies to be protection dogs, when so many do that by simply beating the dog and mistreating him.  I'm sure your people are above that, but it is the method used by too many assholes in this world.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2318 on: November 27, 2015, 06:29:07 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I brought home Bruno the same way, but took both he and his brother from 2 of my clients in Paterson.
  She loved Bruno profoundly and his loss last year was a tremendous blow to all of us.
  I think it is more the idea that my Mom will be limited in her activities as we seldom ever left Bruno home alone for more than
3 hours.  We are a little crazy here in the Breite home for our pets and we get sad to leave them alone too long.  I assured my Mom
that this time will be different and she can go and come as she pleases.  Also, my Mom is not going to be traveling on airplanes much at
all given her age and health issues.
  She also realizes that we have a safety issue given the recent growth in my former clients wishing to harm me.
  My Mom is also aware that I benefit greatly from the companionship of a dog.  Oskar The Cat became hers and I am left to 400 useless
Cable channels when it comes time for me to finally turn things off and relax.  It's nice to have someone waiting at the top of the stairs when
you come home who isn't anything but elated to see you and completely without criticism or demand.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2319 on: November 27, 2015, 06:32:53 AM »
It kind of scares me to think of how they train puppies to be protection dogs, when so many do that by simply beating the dog and mistreating him.  I'm sure your people are above that, but it is the method used by too many assholes in this world.

Dear Las Vegas,
  I ASSURE you, that if, for one remote second I thought that was the case here, I would be on a letter writing campaign to the State Attorney General himself.
  I built a relationship with them for several months before making this decision to buy a dog from them.  I did as much research as I could.  I stressed that my dog
was to be a house dog, lazy and lovable.  I was not looking for "game" in the dog but understood he had to be trained. 
  I could always be wrong, but nothing I have seen leads me to believe that these are anything but highly reputable and decent people.  I've looked into quite few
"puppy mills" in the Carolinas and down South and they are deplorable.  Dark Dynasty K9s is not like that.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2320 on: November 27, 2015, 06:51:28 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I brought home Bruno the same way, but took both he and his brother from 2 of my clients in Paterson.
  She loved Bruno profoundly and his loss last year was a tremendous blow to all of us.
  I think it is more the idea that my Mom will be limited in her activities as we seldom ever left Bruno home alone for more than
3 hours.  We are a little crazy here in the Breite home for our pets and we get sad to leave them alone too long.  I assured my Mom
that this time will be different and she can go and come as she pleases.  Also, my Mom is not going to be traveling on airplanes much at
all given her age and health issues.
  She also realizes that we have a safety issue given the recent growth in my former clients wishing to harm me.
  My Mom is also aware that I benefit greatly from the companionship of a dog.  Oskar The Cat became hers and I am left to 400 useless
Cable channels when it comes time for me to finally turn things off and relax.  It's nice to have someone waiting at the top of the stairs when
you come home who isn't anything but elated to see you and completely without criticism or demand.
Harley

You know, I think she's going to be thrilled with Tyrone and it will happen very quickly upon his return.  There shouldn't be much more resistance (if at all), especially since she will be prepared, mentally, this time.

You will be back in action then, too.  Being injured cannot have been in good timing (is it ever?), so it will all work out for the best.

Btw, I bet your mom was happy when you told her you're going to prioritize your fitness goals over your fight-training goals.  She was probably the happiest mom in NJ right then.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2321 on: November 27, 2015, 07:18:20 AM »
Wow, man.   :o

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2322 on: November 27, 2015, 07:21:49 AM »
That is Hulk, btw.

:o  :o  :o

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2323 on: November 27, 2015, 07:22:49 AM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2324 on: November 27, 2015, 07:28:44 AM »
How'd you like this guy to be angry with you??