Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596516 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2325 on: November 27, 2015, 07:33:12 AM »
 ;D  ;D  ;D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2326 on: November 27, 2015, 07:40:40 AM »
No, you wouldn't want this guy coming after you when he's pissed.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2327 on: November 27, 2015, 07:42:47 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I really do appreciate your constant support.  It means a great deal to me and I hope, one day, I can repay the favor.
  It was great of you to post pictures of The Hulk.  I promise to get my Computer Guy going (he just got married--I know, I tried to talk to him- LOL)
so that I can post pictures of Tyrone and my other bodybuilding photos.
  And just so you guys don't think I am biased, I did find a picture of me with both Dorian and Dennis James.  And yes, both are Wider Than Heath
and wider than me.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2328 on: November 27, 2015, 07:54:17 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I really do appreciate your constant support.  It means a great deal to me and I hope, one day, I can repay the favor.
  It was great of you to post pictures of The Hulk.  I promise to get my Computer Guy going (he just got married--I know, I tried to talk to him- LOL)
so that I can post pictures of Tyrone and my other bodybuilding photos.
  And just so you guys don't think I am biased, I did find a picture of me with both Dorian and Dennis James.  And yes, both are Wider Than Heath
and wider than me.
Harley

It is easy, Harley.  You can make a free online photo album (and you can password-protect it if you want) from which you can display any image on here without getting the 'file size too large' warning.

Any time you want, just let me know and I will show you how.  It's as easy as what you've already done.

And yeah, for some reason, I get the feeling we will meet someday.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2329 on: November 27, 2015, 08:06:29 AM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2330 on: November 27, 2015, 08:07:21 AM »
He looks happy to be with his pups.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2331 on: November 27, 2015, 08:09:59 AM »

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #2332 on: November 27, 2015, 08:33:23 AM »
I saw a short 10min film about that kennel and they seemed like a really good kennel that is not just after quick money but care and love the dogs and they really know what they are doin. I was  impressed. I have had puppies but my last staffie was 12 months when i took her and i dont regret taking a one year old before a pupoy. Thing is with dogs is that they adapt quick to new owners even if they are older and the puppie time goes quite  fast so you dod the right thing if you feel like you dont  have the time right now, wouldnt be fair to the dog either

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #2333 on: November 27, 2015, 08:36:02 AM »
It kind of scares me to think of how they train puppies to be protection dogs, when so many do that by simply beating the dog and mistreating him.  I'm sure your people are above that, but it is the method used by too many assholes in this world.
the kennel harley is taking his dog from is not like that, they sre knowlegable and loving to their dogs and have a good reputation...even i who lives in sweden knows them

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2334 on: November 27, 2015, 08:42:09 AM »
Dear Kim Jong Bob,
  Thanks for your advise. 
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2335 on: November 27, 2015, 09:37:37 AM »
the kennel harley is taking his dog from is not like that, they sre knowlegable and loving to their dogs and have a good reputation...even i who lives in sweden knows them

I haven't looked too far into it, but the only concern I've seen about them is that they are breeding for size.  So maybe a general complaint is to say that such selective breeding could result in health problems due to genetic instabilities.  

If it was done completely without regard for anything but size, then maybe that's true.  But I haven't seen anything to say that's the case with DD.

Fact is, size is what this bloodline is about.  I'd hope the breeders are keeping track of what's going on throughout the lives of these dogs in order to make sure any health problems aren't being compounded, though.  If nothing else, it would benefit their business to do that, so I'd think they would.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2336 on: November 27, 2015, 09:44:16 AM »
Harley,

Thanks again, for giving us insight into your life.

This has been a very interesting thread.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #2337 on: November 27, 2015, 09:46:31 AM »
Las vegas: i understand what you are saying..for me a dog like hulk (even if he is awesome) is not a american pitbull terrier, way to big to be one. Many have started to breed the bullie line to get bigger and bigger dogs that looks  like apt and they dont look healty with their frog like body and huuge skull...but dont know if they are any unhelthier then apt

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2338 on: November 27, 2015, 10:06:11 AM »
Las vegas: i understand what you are saying..for me a dog like hulk (even if he is awesome) is not a american pitbull terrier, way to big to be one. Many have started to breed the bullie line to get bigger and bigger dogs that looks  like apt and they dont look healty with their frog like body and huuge skull...but dont know if they are any unhelthier then apt

Yes, Hulk is actually the result of a Pit and Mastiff breeding.  That's why he isn't an "official" record-holder even though he's probably the most well-known living dog.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2339 on: November 27, 2015, 10:20:06 AM »
mating hulk with a large pit will generally produce very large pit-looking dogs in that program

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2340 on: November 27, 2015, 11:01:59 AM »
Here's a shot from a training session at DDK9, so at least it doesn't look as grim as something from the projects might.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2341 on: November 27, 2015, 11:04:59 AM »
I'd imagine they are training the dog to respond according to the dude's hand movements.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2342 on: November 27, 2015, 11:52:12 AM »
From what I've seen, the closest thing to a specific complaint is that irregularly large dogs are subject to problems resulting from their structures.

I know that a very tall dog like a Great Dane can (and probably will) have joint issues in old age, but not sure that would apply with Hulk and his offspring.  I think the best thing is to take it easy on them and don't encourage super-high jumping (with frisbees, etc.) and to avoid abnormal stresses which invite future trouble.  Let the dog do what comes naturally.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2343 on: November 27, 2015, 12:29:28 PM »
Harley,

Thanks again, for giving us insight into your life.

This has been a very interesting thread.

Dear Shizzo,
  Thank you for taking an interest.
  Upon meeting people and responding to "so what do you do for a living?", (the answer- I am a criminal defense trial attorney) I am usually
asked a myriad of questions ranging from how can I represent someone who I know to be guilty to who is the worst guy you ever represented.
  There are more than I expected who are interested in this stuff and perhaps that is due to all the Law and Order type television shows.   I am always
happy to answer their questions but wait till the point where my answers are not what they expected nor wanted to hear.  Then it gets interesting for me.
  This whole time on GetBig has been quite rewarding for me.  I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of intellectual challenge on the board.  Perhaps my
first spin here left me a bit biased and myopic.  The educated, well-read views of Pellius, SF 1900 and so many others combined with the supportive good nature
of Las Vegas, Ronnie Rep, Wiggs, and Fitness Frenzy along with the surprisingly sensitive and insightful comments from Army of One have just been some of the
wonderfully rewarding surprises from just a few of the many GetBiggers who have made this such a nice experience.
  I hope that I can offer interesting or helpful points on bodybuilding, the law, cars, martial arts or any other area of which I am asked.  I have learned a great deal here
and am grateful to be a sponge to all of your knowledge and keen insight and still hope, one day, to win the respect of Herne (I'm working on it).
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2344 on: November 27, 2015, 12:44:41 PM »
A Favor:
   Might I impose on any GetBigger for a favor?
   I am trying to purchase one of my favorite books but in German.  I find it hard to believe it has not been translated into German.
   The book is Robert Wright "The Moral Animal"
   If someone could send me the link to purchase it in German I would kindly write an IOU for one favor.
   Thanks.
Harley

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2345 on: November 27, 2015, 12:47:13 PM »
Dear Shizzo,
  Thank you for taking an interest.
  Upon meeting people and responding to "so what do you do for a living?", (the answer- I am a criminal defense trial attorney) I am usually
asked a myriad of questions ranging from how can I represent someone who I know to be guilty to who is the worst guy you ever represented.
  There are more than I expected who are interested in this stuff and perhaps that is due to all the Law and Order type television shows.   I am always
happy to answer their questions but wait till the point where my answers are not what they expected nor wanted to hear.  Then it gets interesting for me.
  This whole time on GetBig has been quite rewarding for me.  I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of intellectual challenge on the board.  Perhaps my
first spin here left me a bit biased and myopic.  The educated, well-read views of Pellius, SF 1900 and so many others combined with the supportive good nature
of Las Vegas, Ronnie Rep, Wiggs, and Fitness Frenzy along with the surprisingly sensitive and insightful comments from Army of One have just been some of the
wonderfully rewarding surprises from just a few of the many GetBiggers who have made this such a nice experience.
  I hope that I can offer interesting or helpful points on bodybuilding, the law, cars, martial arts or any other area of which I am asked.  I have learned a great deal here
and am grateful to be a sponge to all of your knowledge and keen insight and still hope, one day, to win the respect of Herne (I'm working on it).
Harley
Meltdown.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2346 on: November 27, 2015, 01:04:55 PM »
A Favor:
   Might I impose on any GetBigger for a favor?
   I am trying to purchase one of my favorite books but in German.  I find it hard to believe it has not been translated into German.
   The book is Robert Wright "The Moral Animal"
   If someone could send me the link to purchase it in German I would kindly write an IOU for one favor.
   Thanks.
Harley

Will this work?

http://www.amazon.de/Diesseits-animal-biologischen-Grundlagen-unserer/dp/3809030023

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2347 on: November 27, 2015, 01:13:34 PM »
Meltdown.

I thought I was familiar with the concept of Meltdown but perhaps I am confused.
Thanking someone is a meltdown?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2348 on: November 27, 2015, 01:21:21 PM »
Harley, calfzilla's link is it, and here's another with all the places selling it http://buch.archinform.net/isbn/3-8090-3002-3.htm

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2349 on: November 27, 2015, 01:59:34 PM »
I thought I was familiar with the concept of Meltdown but perhaps I am confused.
Thanking someone is a meltdown?
Its sarcasm, Harley.  ;D