Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596129 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2475 on: November 29, 2015, 04:14:25 AM »
Royler Gracie, Me & Royce Gracie going to eat after a Seminar

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2476 on: November 29, 2015, 04:17:29 AM »
My Beloved Bruno.
We are very lucky to have a pet who loves us unconditionally.  Their passing will always hurt.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2477 on: November 29, 2015, 04:50:18 AM »
Dear CaptainFreedom,
  I was in France when I was 17 along with a friend and I didn't much care for it.
  In fact, my American Flag, Vietnam Pin telling them we had to clean up their shit didn't go over well at the sidewalk café.
  The site at Normandy is a tribute to the bravery of men and an indictment against the needless savagery of our species.
  Your dog is simply gorgeous!!!!
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2478 on: November 29, 2015, 05:13:21 AM »
Regardless of how much we know of our mistakes we are a species that will continue to make the very same mistakes until we are extinct.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2479 on: November 29, 2015, 08:01:07 AM »
You asked if I wanted Ron's number. I said yes. Why did you ask if you never intended to do that.

Ask Harley if he thinks I am trying to side track this thread. If anybody is, it's Olympiagym whose its constantly attacking Harley. He has some issue with an injustice done to a person named Dennis. I asked Olympia what his issue is. Who is Dennis? Why isn't he sidetracking this thread? Then make an insulting comment to me to which I responded. I RESPONDED. And now it's a personal vendetta against you. Again, you addressed me. Always throwing your little spitballs and then YOU become the whiny bitch and abuse your mod privileges removing my post from this thread because you don't want anybody to see it. Pointing out once again how, you, under the protection of being a mod, constantly stir up trouble.
Dry your tears, penislust, I assured Harley that I wouldn't pull this shit into his thread. OlympiaGym is on the radar after several complaints. And I'm still waiting for an answer from Harley about being commissioned for a painting.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2480 on: November 29, 2015, 08:39:57 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I am quite surprised and flattered that I was asked to paint a picture but I'm not yet comfortable with that idea.
  I really don't take painting seriously and don't do it on a very regular basis.  Also, I would not take money from
people on GetBig.
  Let me say thanks, and let me paint some more and if I feel more comfortable, I can always give it a try.
  One other aspect that might be hard to explain, is that whatever I seem to paint has some visceral inspiration which comes
from within me.  I would worry whether or not I could muster that up for someone else's ideal for a painting.
  But I remain extremely flattered.
Sincerely,
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2481 on: November 29, 2015, 11:09:18 AM »
Harley, it looks like you're using the resize method to upload the standard way.  That's good, but make sure you add a number or GB or something else in the filename field before you save it.  Otherwise the original size will be lost forever.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2482 on: November 29, 2015, 11:13:40 AM »
It is.

Nice work, Harley.

You were at Rutgers when their philosophy department was building up serious facultorial currency, which ultimately led to its recognized prestige and dominance. 

Nice find, KNS.

The guy who was listed as the executor of Vermeer's estate, also happened to be a lens-designer/grinder in Vermeer's home town.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2483 on: November 29, 2015, 11:17:45 AM »
You guys sure are good at research as I actually do have a degree from Rutgers College in Philosophy.
I never met the guy in the photo though.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2484 on: November 29, 2015, 11:26:17 AM »
How did you come to know so much about art? It's not a subject that gets much play in our culture nowadays. I know I'm clueless.

I'm clueless with it, too.  Something about the C.O. is just so strange, though, since it remains almost a complete unknown with most people.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2485 on: November 30, 2015, 09:59:13 PM »
Thank you, yes, this is exactly what it demonstrated to me also. I greatly appreciated that the French ensured that every single one of those sites was immaculate though, including the German, American and British. The sea of white crosses showed me that the human cost of war is something that cannot be quantified, and rarely justified. I remember clearly standing at one grave with a 20 year old friend of mine, reading a message that said "As sure as night will turn to day, you're in my thoughts each night i pray: a devastated mother."
Less than a year later that 20 year old beside me was killed in Afghanistan.

Heavy, heavy stuff. Wow.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2486 on: December 01, 2015, 10:21:22 AM »
The Vette is coming along

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2487 on: December 02, 2015, 05:37:59 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I've been careful to avoid political issues because I have no desire to debate or attempt to convince anyone of anything in which they
do not believe but I thought I might offer this up:
  I know for sure that immediately after the Twin Towers went down on 9/11, there were Arabs dancing in the streets of Paterson, N.J.
  If there is any interest and we can avoid nasty dialogue, I would be willing to recount the facts.
Harley

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2488 on: December 02, 2015, 05:41:34 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I've been careful to avoid political issues because I have no desire to debate or attempt to convince anyone of anything in which they
  I know for sure that immediately after the Twin Towers went down on 9/11, there were Arabs idiots dancing in the streets of Paterson, N.J.
  If there is any interest and we can avoid nasty dialogue, I would be willing to recount the facts.
Harley
Idiots, everywhere. Like Settlers dancing when another orange grove has been demolished.  :'(

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2489 on: December 02, 2015, 10:07:32 AM »
The Vette is coming along

Reflex looks good, H.  Great choice.

What is that on the tire?  It looks like something hanging down with a spring clamp, but maybe I'm seeing it wrong.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2490 on: December 02, 2015, 01:32:36 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  The tire is brand new so it's just a piece of tape or something.
  We put them on so we could start building the rest of it and getting it all fixed.
  The Vette has a 3:90 gear in the rear while the Chevelle has a 4:10 gear in the rear.
Harley

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2491 on: December 02, 2015, 06:03:53 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I know for sure that immediately after the Twin Towers went down on 9/11, there were Arabs dancing in the streets of Paterson, N.J.
Harley

I don't think anybody has been convince to change their position in any debate here if they are dead set in their world view. But there are a ton of fence sitters who are simply not aware of the arguments involved or some that may have a position but also is unaware of some of the complexities involved.

Many people support banning guns because of the simply argument that if you get rid of guns there will be no more shootings.  And of course that's true. But once they understand that this will never ever happen and give factual arguments why then it puts a different perspective on it.

I remember debating with a person about guns after the shootout in a building in San Fran back in early 1990s. My brother was in that building. He quoted Diane Feinstein who said that this isn't the wild west. She doesn't want shoot outs in her State. When I told him that if the choice is between a "shoot out", good guys trading bullets with bad guys, or a complete slaughter where only the bad guys have the guns (which will always be the case) shooting at unarmed innocents as happened in San Fran, which would you choose?

This completely changed his perspective. Often in life the choice isn't between good and bad but between bad and worse.

Debates on any issues gives one an idea on that individual person's world view and thinking process.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2492 on: December 02, 2015, 06:07:42 PM »
I don't think anybody has been convince to change their position in any debate here if they are dead set in their world view. But there are a ton of fence sitters who are simply not aware of the arguments involved or some that may have a position but also is unaware of some of the complexities involved.

Many people support banning guns because of the simply argument that if you get rid of guns there will be no more shootings.  And of course that's true. But once they understand that this will never ever happen and give factual arguments why then it puts a different perspective on it.

I remember debating with a person about guns after the shootout in a building in San Fran back in early 1990s. My brother was in that building. He quoted Diane Feinstein who said that this isn't the wild west. She doesn't want shoot outs in her State. When I told him that if the choice is between a "shoot out", good guys trading bullets with bad guys, or a complete slaughter where only the bad guys have the guns (which will always be the case) shooting at unarmed innocents as happened in San Fran, which would you choose?

This completely changed his perspective. Often in life the choice isn't between good and bad but between bad and worse.

Debates on any issues gives one an idea on that individual person's world view and thinking process.
Meltdown.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #2493 on: December 02, 2015, 06:17:08 PM »

I would have no problem with gun bans when people like Diane Feinstein and those of her ilk including the president, celebs, other politicians and elites are willing to not have their bodyguards armed.

Why should they be allowed protection while the taxpayers aren't in their view?
"

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2494 on: December 02, 2015, 06:23:41 PM »
I would have no problem with gun bans when people like Diane Feinstein and those of her ilk including the president, celebs, other politicians and elites are willing to not have their bodyguards armed.

Why should they be allowed protection while the taxpayers aren't in their view?

Not me. Just because some policies or laws are unfairly enforced doesn't meet we should get rid of the policy or laws but to have them applied fairly.

It's like when some make the argument that Blacks are disproportionately sent to prison for committing crimes than Whites are for committing the same crime. Even if that is true that doesn't mean that we should go easy on Black criminals or release them. It just means we have to tighten enforcement on Whites.

BTW, I don't think there is a bias in our justice system against race but rather income makes a much bigger difference. A rich man will always have a better chance in our court system as oppose to a poor man regardless of race.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2495 on: December 02, 2015, 06:28:16 PM »
Meltdown.

STFU already with that "meltdown" shiit. Any post longer than two sentence is a meltdown to you regardless of the anger projected.

Seriously, as so many have said, since you started drinking again you're reverting back to your old annoying self with no credibility on this board, a bodybuilding board.

Stop drinking, lose some weight and pick up a barbell for once in your life.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2496 on: December 02, 2015, 06:29:49 PM »
STFU already with that "meltdown" shiit. Any post longer than two sentence is a meltdown to you regardless of the anger projected.

Seriously, as so many have said, since you started drinking again you're reverting back to your old annoying self with no credibility on this board, a bodybuilding board.

Stop drinking, lose some weight and pick up a barbell for once in your life.

My work is done here.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #2497 on: December 02, 2015, 08:35:14 PM »
Dear Dr.Chimps,
  I was hesitant to show my office as you guys can be pretty darn hard but that side of it is less bombastic than the others.
  Chaplin was one of the few true geniuses to ever spend time in Hollywood.
Harley

Chaplin & Buster Keaton truly were geniuses. Can watch their movies over & over

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2498 on: December 03, 2015, 09:55:36 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  The tire is brand new so it's just a piece of tape or something.
  We put them on so we could start building the rest of it and getting it all fixed.
  The Vette has a 3:90 gear in the rear while the Chevelle has a 4:10 gear in the rear.
Harley

Harley, it's to the right of that in the picture.  Maybe next time you're with the car, you can look at it up close.  It makes me wonder what it is, but I'm probably not seeing it right.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2499 on: December 03, 2015, 10:18:45 AM »
Harley, it's to the right of that in the picture.  Maybe next time you're with the car, you can look at it up close.  It makes me wonder what it is, but I'm probably not seeing it right.

It's wiring coming down from the undercarriage. Probably wiring for the tail lights.