Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596801 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2500 on: December 03, 2015, 10:48:18 AM »
It's wiring coming down from the undercarriage. Probably wiring for the tail lights.

Yes, I'd say so.  It gives an odd effect to the tire tread in the picture, is all.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2501 on: December 04, 2015, 03:32:27 AM »
  Yes, that is just some plastic wiring hanging down from the other side of the car.  The car should be on the ground
this weekend and by the end of next week I should have some much better pictures.
  The rear tires on the Vette and the Chevelle are 33 x 21 x 50 and the rear tires on the Nova are 33 x 18 x 50.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2502 on: December 04, 2015, 10:30:16 AM »
Yah, I got a better look at picture.  Seemed like something was missing from the tread, that's why I knew I wasn't seeing it right.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2503 on: December 04, 2015, 12:39:35 PM »
  I have told The Builder that I have to have the Trans Am, Corvette and Chevelle delivered to me by April 15th.
  There is no doubt that the TA and Vette will be done but the Chevelle by then may be cutting it a bit close.
  The Nova, well that this the show stopper so I would be lucky if that arrived by October 15th next year.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2504 on: December 04, 2015, 01:00:25 PM »
Chaplin & Buster Keaton truly were geniuses. Can watch their movies over & over

I appreciate Chaplin for the genius he was, but I absolutely love Keaton for what he tried to portray. I'm not in Harley's league, but I have a triptych of Keaton cigarette cards in my bedroom, as well as a lobby (repro) card of The General in the bedroom. Love Keaton. Ladyfriend is ambivalent.      :-\

/oh, and that pic is dusted. keaton aged badly, but that pic is not coeval. coogan has been replaced.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #2505 on: December 04, 2015, 01:03:40 PM »
A

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2506 on: December 04, 2015, 03:59:36 PM »
Dear Dr. Chimps,
  Please don't get the wrong idea.  The 3-Sheet of Chaplin's "The Kid" in my office is a reproduction which cost me $300.
  The real version of that poster (I've collected classic movie posters for almost 20 years, even selling to Kirk Hammond of Metallica)
would probably run around $150,000.  I am not sure I would enjoy owning the real one for fear it gets destroyed.  However, if I were a
billionaire, I might want to give it a shot along with a wide array of other movie posters.  That idea takes up some great fantasy time in
my head.
Harley

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2507 on: December 04, 2015, 07:21:02 PM »
Dear Dr. Chimps,
  Please don't get the wrong idea.  The 3-Sheet of Chaplin's "The Kid" in my office is a reproduction which cost me $300.
  The real version of that poster (I've collected classic movie posters for almost 20 years, even selling to Kirk Hammond of Metallica)
would probably run around $150,000.  I am not sure I would enjoy owning the real one for fear it gets destroyed.  However, if I were a
billionaire, I might want to give it a shot along with a wide array of other movie posters.  That idea takes up some great fantasy time in
my head.
Harley

Horror, right?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2508 on: December 06, 2015, 10:35:57 AM »
Dear The Ugly,
  Yes, Kirk has one of the most impressive collections of horror and sci-fi film posters in the world, especially Lobby Cards (11 x 14 inch cards
usually 8 to a movie, which were displayed 4 on each side of the lobby as you walked through the theater to your seats after purchasing the tickets).
  I, at one time, had amassed the world's largest Abbott and Costello movie poster collection.  Given that most of it sat, sight unseen in a storage room
(who has a house big enough for all of them to be seen, not me) I one day decided that these items should be enjoyed and not tucked away by some collector
never to be seen.  I sold the overwhelming majority of the posters including an Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein 6 Sheet (81 inches by 81 inches) which is
the only known copy to exist.   I made the buyer promise he would display it and he did.  Jim Gresham is his name and he published a book of his world famous
poster collection and that piece is pictured in his book. 
  About 2 years ago, I sold my Casablanca 1-Sheet (27 inches x 41 inches which is the poster you would see in the display glass outside the entrance of a theatre).
  I once had to sell, in one day, a The Roaring Twenties and The Maltese Falcon 1-Sheets. My Dad had an emergency and I had to raise money in a day without telling him
so this guy in Ohio bought them and promised me first option in a trade or sell should he ever get rid of them.  He immediately traded them to a guy in NJ and never told me.
Funny story.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2509 on: December 06, 2015, 10:58:30 AM »
Chevy Apache!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2510 on: December 06, 2015, 11:13:12 AM »
Dear The Ugly,
  Yes, Kirk has one of the most impressive collections of horror and sci-fi film posters in the world, especially Lobby Cards (11 x 14 inch cards
usually 8 to a movie, which were displayed 4 on each side of the lobby as you walked through the theater to your seats after purchasing the tickets).
  I, at one time, had amassed the world's largest Abbott and Costello movie poster collection.  Given that most of it sat, sight unseen in a storage room
(who has a house big enough for all of them to be seen, not me) I one day decided that these items should be enjoyed and not tucked away by some collector
never to be seen.  I sold the overwhelming majority of the posters including an Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein 6 Sheet (81 inches by 81 inches) which is
the only known copy to exist.   I made the buyer promise he would display it and he did.  Jim Gresham is his name and he published a book of his world famous
poster collection and that piece is pictured in his book. 
  About 2 years ago, I sold my Casablanca 1-Sheet (27 inches x 41 inches which is the poster you would see in the display glass outside the entrance of a theatre).
  I once had to sell, in one day, a The Roaring Twenties and The Maltese Falcon 1-Sheets. My Dad had an emergency and I had to raise money in a day without telling him
so this guy in Ohio bought them and promised me first option in a trade or sell should he ever get rid of them.  He immediately traded them to a guy in NJ and never told me.
Funny story.
Harley

That was probably his plan.  What a snake.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2511 on: December 06, 2015, 12:47:30 PM »
Crazy Beautiful

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2512 on: December 06, 2015, 12:48:26 PM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2513 on: December 06, 2015, 12:58:34 PM »
Nice

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2514 on: December 06, 2015, 01:00:23 PM »
70 Sub  Damn Nice!  :o

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2515 on: December 06, 2015, 01:51:32 PM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2516 on: December 06, 2015, 02:01:06 PM »
1960 El Camino.  Rare!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2517 on: December 06, 2015, 02:04:16 PM »
Right-click to 'view image' at reg size on all or most of those pics with Windows (then left click on it for full size).

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2518 on: December 06, 2015, 02:09:55 PM »
1954 Corvette Roadster with Bubbletop

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2519 on: December 06, 2015, 02:46:28 PM »
Classic Suburban for the right measure.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2520 on: December 06, 2015, 06:30:35 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Those are some very modified rides.  My preference leans a bit away from the Pro Touring style.
  I am sure you would also appreciate the aesthetics of the Lambo Miura and the 1970 Maserati Ghibli..
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2521 on: December 07, 2015, 06:39:14 AM »
A Favor:
  Hey Guys,
    I am trying to find a copy of the 2016 IFBB schedule of contests, including the 212 contests.
    Believe it or not, I did Google and after half an hour just couldn't find a site which had the list, dates, locations and classes.
    I appreciate any help you might offer.
   Thank you.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2522 on: December 07, 2015, 07:42:02 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Those are some very modified rides.  My preference leans a bit away from the Pro Touring style.
  I am sure you would also appreciate the aesthetics of the Lambo Miura and the 1970 Maserati Ghibli..
Harley

Nice sports cars, Harley!

Must have sold a few of these in America.  They can still be seen on the streets.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2523 on: December 07, 2015, 08:13:22 AM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2524 on: December 07, 2015, 09:32:55 AM »
This guy was driving a Miura, but he didn't have an extinguisher in it.