Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596636 times)

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #3000 on: February 17, 2016, 12:14:24 PM »
Harley, please stop responding to the any questions regarding your moral compass regarding your criminal defense work.

You owe no one anything here and have provided more help an information than anyone ever has on Getbig.

umm, I don't see anyone's morals being questioned, what I see is people interested in what he does and how he has been able to do it sometimes under the different cases described. That brings praise and critcism.

frankly the above convo was started by Harley himself in this thread when he posted one day several  days back, it is a heated topic, and it led to the next cases he made examples of so I think Harley is just fine doing this.

Hey Guys,
  I picked up a case today which has been gaining quite some media attention.
  I was already interviewed tonight at my office by Channel 41 (Spanish Channel) which airs tonight at 11:00 pm but I am
not sure I can even find it.  And yes, I spoke Spanish and English.
  Tuesday, after I turn this kid in to the police, there is a huge Press Conference with every news station and media outlet
ready to place their microphone at the podium outside as I leave the Police Station.
Harley

Teen charged in Paterson 'knockout' assault to surrender

February 7, 2016, 10:39 AM    Last updated: Sunday, February 7, 2016, 6:29 PM

By Linda Moss

staff writer |

The Record

Print

PATERSON — A 17-year-old wanted for allegedly punching and knocking out an elderly unsuspecting victim, an assault that was recorded and went viral on social media, plans to surrender to city police on Tuesday, according to the youth’s lawyer.

Attorney Harley Breite said Sunday that he had been retained by the suspect’s family. Breite has reached out to Paterson police to arrange for his client to turn himself in at noon Tuesday at city police headquarters.

Breite said he was waiting until Tuesday to turn in his client, the 17-year-old suspect, because he needs time to prepare the youth for “for a safe surrender.” He added that the teenager’s family had contacted him on Sunday.

Related:  Police investigate video showing 'knockout' assault in Paterson 

“I’d like to thank Lieutenant Navaro of the Paterson Police Department for his courtesies and cooperation in allowing me to turn in my client,” Breite said.

The lawyer added that he planned to enter a not guilty plea on behalf of the teenager, who lives in Paterson, to charges of aggravated assault and endangering an injured victim.

The youth, who allegedly struck the victim in the face, is one of two city juveniles charged with being involved in the attack. The second youth, a 16-year-old who allegedly recorded the assault and “is heard encouraging the aggressor,” turned himself in to Paterson police at 5 p.m. on Saturday night, according to a press release issued Sunday morning by City Police Director Jerry Speziale.

In that statement, Speziale said that police were searching for a 17-year-old, who they identified after an investigation that started last Thursday when police became aware of the video, which Speziale said was posted on Facebook. The video went viral.

“It is unfair for anyone to draw a conclusion without knowing what precipitated the events caught on video,” Breite said.

In the video, laughter can be heard in the background as the elderly man is seen being punched in the face by a male juvenile. The victim was left lying on the street, apparently unconscious. The assault, which took place on Dec. 7, “occurred without provocation, as the elderly man was getting ready to cross Rosa Parks Boulevard from Van Houten Street,” Speziale’s press release said.

The attack depicted in the video appears similar to that of what has been termed the “knockout game,” where someone punches an unsuspecting victim in an attempt to knock him or her out and records the incident on video, which is then posted on social media.

"This shameless act of violence was thoroughly investigated and the tireless efforts by the detectives involved is commendable," Speziale said in his press release. "No stone was left unturned in identifying those responsible. The juvenile at large will continue to be sought with the same tenacity and will face swift and decisive justice for this senseless act of violence."

Breite said that the 17-year-old is not a flight risk.

“If I say he’s coming in, he’s coming in,” the lawyer said. “He’s 17 years old. He has no money and no means to flee, and his family has retained me as private counsel. Why would he flee?”

The youth’s alleged accomplice was charged with aggravated assault and endangering an injured victim.

Paterson police got a call about the video from a media outlet on Thursday, then the department began its investigation.

“Detectives assigned to the Paterson Police Juvenile Division followed a countless number of tips and went through countless records, leading to the identification of the assailant,” the press release said.

Speziale commended Detectives Charlie Garcia, Joel Santiago, Mike Figueroa, Cindy Carrera and Jeff Robinson for their non-stop work on the case since Thursday.

Email: moss@northjersey.com

"

Simple Simon

« Reply #3001 on: February 17, 2016, 12:24:18 PM »
http://www.infowars.com/teen-allegedly-involved-in-knockout-game-facebook-video-turns-himself-in/

and here is Harleys client in all his glory.

Tell us Harley, how are you going to run with this?

Simple Simon

« Reply #3002 on: February 17, 2016, 12:29:12 PM »
Harley, please stop responding to the any questions regarding your moral compass regarding your criminal defense work.

You owe no one anything here and have provided more help an information than anyone ever has on Getbig.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3003 on: February 17, 2016, 12:45:26 PM »
Harley, how much muscle are you looking to put on?

Dear Las Vegas,
  Great to hear from you.
  I never believed in the concept of "how much" muscle one can put on because there are just so many limitations, genetic, caloric, age, etc.
  I would like to add muscle so that I might appear as a model who is in shape but not anorexic.  It is impossible for me to be "big" especially
at over 48 years old so I would be thrilled to get rid of this body fat and be "muscular."
  I sure am training hard so if all goes well, I should hit my goal.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3004 on: February 17, 2016, 01:08:48 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Great to hear from you.
  I never believed in the concept of "how much" muscle one can put on because there are just so many limitations, genetic, caloric, age, etc.
  I would like to add muscle so that I might appear as a model who is in shape but not anorexic.  It is impossible for me to be "big" especially
at over 48 years old so I would be thrilled to get rid of this body fat and be "muscular."
  I sure am training hard so if all goes well, I should hit my goal.
Harley

Yeah, "big" by GB standards is a whole other world than the real world, but by real-world standards you were no slouch in the past.  So you know you've got the genetics, unlike a person starting out who doesn't know.

No doubt you've dropped fat like a MFer, too, judging by the recent videos.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3005 on: February 17, 2016, 03:04:15 PM »
umm, I don't see anyone's morals being questioned, what I see is people interested in what he does and how he has been able to do it sometimes under the different cases described. That brings praise and critcism.

frankly the above convo was started by Harley himself in this thread when he posted one day several  days back, it is a heated topic, and it led to the next cases he made examples of so I think Harley is just fine doing this.

Beating a dead horse ::)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3006 on: February 17, 2016, 04:07:20 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I have dropped 52 pounds and yes, most of it had to be fat because at that obese weight,  I had no muscle.
  Today, I realized that Craig is doing another of his cardio sessions after we train so in addition to my 45 minutes of
cardio when I awake, I did another 45 after we trained today.  I don't know that I will do this every day as I am still
6-7 weeks out but a little extra cardio here and there certainly can't help.
  I do the Elyptic machine but don't pump my arms back and forth.  I find it easy on my knees which hurt from years of
squatting more than I should have but hey, "it's all about the wheels" as we used to say in the 80's.
  Of course, now, it's more about getting out of bed without too much pain and trying not to have too much fat hanging
over the belt.
  Craig says when he retires from competitive bodybuilding, he will never train legs again.  Unbelievable.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3007 on: February 17, 2016, 04:42:54 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I have dropped 52 pounds and yes, most of it had to be fat because at that obese weight,  I had no muscle.
  Today, I realized that Craig is doing another of his cardio sessions after we train so in addition to my 45 minutes of
cardio when I awake, I did another 45 after we trained today.  I don't know that I will do this every day as I am still
6-7 weeks out but a little extra cardio here and there certainly can't help.
  I do the Elyptic machine but don't pump my arms back and forth.  I find it easy on my knees which hurt from years of
squatting more than I should have but hey, "it's all about the wheels" as we used to say in the 80's.
  Of course, now, it's more about getting out of bed without too much pain and trying not to have too much fat hanging
over the belt.
  Craig says when he retires from competitive bodybuilding, he will never train legs again.  Unbelievable.
Harley

I'm afraid it is just that.

;D  ;D  ;D

Even though you've said he doesn't enjoy people taking note or special attention of his physique, or that he doesn't like being stared at for it, specifically: I'd bet he couldn't do without the feel of having a superior physique and that he'll continue to BB for as long as possible (including legs).

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3008 on: February 17, 2016, 09:12:21 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I have longed talked to Craig and aimed to prepare him for life as a "normal" person and he consistently says
he is fine with it.  He will still train, not as hard and not to compete and not do legs.  This is what he says he will do
when he retires.  I believe him.
  He often asks me: "Does anyone in the real world care about calves, back or even legs?"  The answer, according to him
is "no."  He will always want to have a good physique and by his training arms and chest and shoulders, he will still look
better than anyone else his age and much younger. 
  His point is that to hold so much muscle requires an enormous amount of eating and he doesn't want to eat all those times
a day and all that food each serving for the rest of his life.  Although I eat like a bird, I can see how just my eating 5 times a day
is like a job.  Craig can eat sometimes 7 times per day on a certain diet plan.
  Also, his knees hurt quite a bit.  He may not that big in terms of a pro, but he is MUCH stronger than you guys could imagine.
  I have spotted him doing 180 lb. dumbbells on the incline for sets of 10-12.
  I have spotted him squatting 600 pounds for sets of 12.  His leg press, ridiculous.  And remember, he never really weighs more than 229 pounds.
  I just couldn't imagine being given what it takes and then internally possessing what it takes to obtain a physique like Craig's and then to
remain sane once it's gone for the most part.  I admire him in that he doesn't define himself by how he looks or even by how he places in a show.
  And it's true, he really doesn't feel comfortable when people stare or look at his physique too long. 
  Maybe that is why Pellius' God didn't give me that physique.
Harley

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #3009 on: February 17, 2016, 09:28:19 PM »
originally this thread started about Harley and craig Richardson ifbb pro long time training partnership and Harleys take on what he's seen over 2 decades going to pro /amateur shows and dealing with the industry good and bad..then Harleys line of work came into forefront with numerous courtroom/going to court pics a plenty,,then the horses were off........its cool that he shared his ideas/family history and law tidbits ,,but now everyone is questioning his ethics/or challenge him .lawyers good or bad are an interesting breed.

Welcome to the Thunder Dome.

You know that this is the most brutal forum on the net and it's history is littered with the bleached bones and mangled carcasses of those who thought they could say whatever they wanted and not be challenged.

I'm sure a lot saw this coming. Only Be There and chaos stated it openly. I just like to hope against hope.

If you're primarily a spectator and mind your place you'll do fine. If you want to have an opinion and express it you better have thicker skin than a rhino.

Hang in there Harley.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3010 on: February 17, 2016, 09:29:59 PM »
A scumbag Dominican (which is redundant) ;D

What about the uncrowned (for one year) Victor Marti.... oh wait!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3011 on: February 17, 2016, 09:31:53 PM »
he also was photographed in a pink tank top as well on page one and survived that here..

Yes, he was given a rather generous honeymoon than most new posters get here.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3012 on: February 17, 2016, 09:34:29 PM »
Harley, had you been a prosecutor during the Nuremberg trials, how would you have argued against their "I was just doing my job" defence?

The exact example I was thinking about.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3013 on: February 17, 2016, 09:45:39 PM »
Dear Pellius,
   Not a single stitch of physical evidence.  Her Grandmother bathed her the very next day and nothing unusual was seen nor reported by
either the girl or the grandmother.
   I try not to "cry like a baby" as per the Be There accusation.  Even when  "pushed" I don't think I respond like that.
   It would not be fair of me to expect total agreement from everyone, in fact, that would be crazy and counter productive to the purpose
of this thread.
Harley

Now, my sympathies lean in your favor as I like you and hope to meet you someday because of our "Jiu-Jtisu ties". So my favorable bias would make this explanation adequate for me. But Princess L makes a very compelling point that cannot be ignored. WHEN was the examination of the little girl done? And why would she lie about such a thing? How does a five year old girl even come up with something like that? I can see why granny would lie. "Keep it house, this is a family matter, nobody goes to jail." But why would a five year old girl lie about such a thing?

BTW, don't feel bad. I'm considered the resident pedophile here even though I never had sex with a teenage girl -- even as a teenager, let alone a prepubescent child.

Not everybody can survive the Thunder Dome. The bleached bones are.....

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3014 on: February 17, 2016, 09:52:49 PM »
It is not uncommon for children, especially young children, to recant allegations of sexual abuse. In fact, its pretty common. They do this for many reasons (fear, intimidation, etc.). It may also be a way for them to dissociate themselves from the trauma, i.e., separate themselves from the trauma by saying it really did not happen--a way to cope with the trauma.

Thus, Harley is 100% wrong in using the "recanting" position as a way to defend his client. As stated above, the evidence show that many children who ARE sexually abused often recant their statement for the above reasons and more.

Theorists and researchers have attempted to explain why sexually abused children deny or recant sexual abuse. Koverola and Foy (1993) have reported that victims of sexual abuse often display symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). According to Koverola and Foy (1993), "children suffering from PTSD often enter an avoidance phase," in which they deny abuse or recant because they cannot cope with the anxiety aroused by traumatic memories. According to Koverola and Foy (1993), anxiety about court appearances or a change in the home environment may lead to denial or recantation.

Rieser ( 1991 ) has suggested that children may recant if they feel isolated from their natural support systems. Other writers speculate that recantation and denial may be a way for victims to "make it all go away" (Gonzalez, Waterman, Kelly, McCord, & Oliveri. 1993). In a summary of anecdotal evidence from psychotherapists. Fontes (1993) found that certain cultural groups may recant more often than others due to cultural taboos regarding sexual abuse. Research suggests that loyalty to family members. or fear of their reaction to abuse allegations. may also contribute to some denials, recantations, and reluctance to disclose (Farrell, 1988. Lawson & Chaffin, 1992; Sauzier. 1989).

Some authors have argued that denial and recantation are part of a process experienced by many victims of sexual abuse (Sorenson & Snow. 1991; Summit. 1983). In an influential article, Summit (1983; see also Summit. 1992) has described the disclosure process as the "Child Sexual Abuse Accommodation Syndrome" (CSAAS). The CSAAS consists of five stages: (1) secrecy; (2) helplessness: (3) entrapment and accommodation; (4) delayed, unconvincing disclosure; and (5) retraction. According to Summit (1983), children retract their statements as part of a process of dealing with sexual abuse victimization.

That is an excellent point. But I've also found, and it seems to be more common now, that people suddenly remember -- realized -- that they were molested as a child. Like when a Dad carries his kid and has his hand on her butt or comes behind her to lift her up on his shoulder that now he's grabbing her baby boobs and giving her a neck to crotch massage.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3015 on: February 17, 2016, 09:55:53 PM »
They also realise that it may break up their otherwise stable environment.

Bing-Fing-Oh!

I would just change the word "stable" to "familiar"

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3016 on: February 17, 2016, 10:04:12 PM »
Harley, i knew you wouldn't defend a Nazi at Nuremberg, I was asking how you would argue against their defence of "just doing my job" as a prosecutor? Sure they were flawed human beings, but their job was the same as thousands of others, so there must have been a societal acceptance. How would you argue against their defence in order to secure the deserved guilty verdict?

It's not so much that he wouldn't defend a Nazi that gave me pause, it's the reason he wouldn't defend a Nazi. It's because his grandfather was killed by a Nazi.

That ignores of the issue of right and wrong. Why would it change anything if his grandfather wasn't killed by a Nazi? What about the others whose grandfather were killed? Don't they matter?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3017 on: February 17, 2016, 10:11:21 PM »

Of course none of us owes anything to anyone here. But this thread is about Harley and as it progressed and we got to know him better and find him irresistibly interesting we want greater insight into him as a person. Despite his claim,  I do believe you are what you do. What you do at work, at home, on the Jiu-Jitsu mat, in the weight room....

If at anytime it becomes too much for him he can just walk away. Nobody will like it, Be There expects it, and many will mock and criticize him for it. And he'll just be one of the many long, long list of people who got chased off GetBig.

But what the hell, his real life seems more fulfilling than being on GetBig.

I wish I could say the same.  :'(

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3018 on: February 17, 2016, 10:14:00 PM »
If Harley no longer wants to discuss his job perhaps he should stop talking about the bottom barrel, pieces of shit clients he has.

No need to beat around the bush. Just make your point clearly and plainly.

Simple Simon

« Reply #3019 on: February 17, 2016, 11:00:00 PM »

6)  I fully understand how people despise child abusers.  I even gave you the name of a client whose case was so repulsive that I still have nightmares when
I think about the photos in the Discovery.  I actually removed myself from the case.  Yet no one ever asked me about that case.  Again, strange.  

OK Harley, I will ask you about if if I may.
You have in the past excused your defence of the worthless pieces of shit you defend by saying "everyone in America deserves to be treated with "respect and dignity" by the law, i.e., everyone should be allowed a case that is not corrupted and his upheld by the proper law."
If that's the case, why didn't you defend that guy?
Are you saying that some pieces of shit don't deserve to be defended, or that you personally found his behavior so abhorrent that you were not prepared to do it.
Regardless, I'm not sure how you can now justify your choice of clients now with the "Im doing my job" excuse.
Are you are saying that the sucker punch kids behavior is on an acceptable level to you and that the child abusers isnt and as such he doesn't get your help?

Im getting mixed messages.

Simple Simon

« Reply #3020 on: February 17, 2016, 11:05:40 PM »
Of course none of us owes anything to anyone here. But this thread is about Harley and as it progressed and we got to know him better and find him irresistibly interesting we want greater insight into him as a person. Despite his claim,  I do believe you are what you do. What you do at work, at home, on the Jiu-Jitsu mat, in the weight room....

If at anytime it becomes too much for him he can just walk away. Nobody will like it, Be There expects it, and many will mock and criticize him for it. And he'll just be one of the many long, long list of people who got chased off GetBig.

But what the hell, his real life seems more fulfilling than being on GetBig.

I wish I could say the same.  :'(
Speak for yourself mate.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3021 on: February 17, 2016, 11:12:12 PM »
Dear Harley,

You might be too young to remember (how often do you hear that?) the incredible and bizarre case of the McMartin Preschool sexual abuse trial.

The McMartin Preschool was located in Manhattan Beach and I was living in the adjacent city Redondo Beach at the time. And man, oh man, was this big news. People in the area, including myself, wanted to march over there and burn the school down and lynch every damn one of them.

The trial lasted forever. I remember it started in 1983 but it wasn't until  1990 before the dust settled. The details are a bit fuzzy for me now but there are a few things that stand out. Things are not what they seem. It all started when the mother of a child attending the school accuse her ex-husband, who worked at the school, of sodomizing his/her son. The boy was also raped by the grandson of the founder of the school who also worked there as a teacher, Raymond Buckley.

It soon blew up to almost 400 children being sexually abused by the school. We all believe that the school was literally the den of the devil and how could such a thing happen to so many victims, for so long, without anything be said? The school was under police protection wearing riot gear surrounded by a rabid mob baying for blood. Me included -- lol!

Sympathies started to change as more time, investigation and evidence came out. That the instigator who hated her ex husband and threatened him in the past was diagnose with acute schizophrenia for many years preceding the accusations and died of alcoholism before the conclusion of the case. The bizarre allegations by the children under leading questions were mind boggling. Such things that stood out in my mind at the time were orgies in the class rooms, witches flying through the air sprinkling them with potions so that they would have sex with the adults, under ground tunnels where they would smuggle children from other schools to be raped; and the one that made me go "hmm..." that they brought in an elephant into the classroom to be gang raped as they were also into bestiality.

After all was said and done I went from wanting to burn the school down and lynch people to realizing it was all a lie. A horrible perverse that blew up in a way nobody expected, intended and wanted.

The manipulation of the children and the bias by the government prosecution was criminal. One of the children, as an adult, admitted that he never saw or experienced anything. Nothing at all. He said that during the brutal questioning -- interrogation -- when he was a child he said that whenever he gave an answer they didn't like he would just give another one. Ray Buckley served five years in jail without being convicted of a single thing. Even one of the inmates admitted that he made up the so called jail house confessions made by Buckley in exchange for favorable treatment promised by the prosecution on his other pending cases.

It was such a mess. Just a horrible, corrupt and evil mess. The McMartin Preschool and the McMartin/Buckley family was screw from the start. Their guilt was decided before they ever stepped into court and it was just a matter of going through the motions and establishing it formally.

Kids do lie, kids do make things up, kids are easily misled and manipulated by adults.

And just to be clear I am not in any way implying this is the case with the five year old girl. Just that things aren't always what they appear. We need to know when this five year old was examined.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3022 on: February 17, 2016, 11:14:38 PM »
Speak for yourself mate.

Hah! I knew you would comment on that. (I'm still waiting on chaos)

Yet you're here with questions, challenges and comments aplenty!

Simple Simon

« Reply #3023 on: February 17, 2016, 11:26:00 PM »
Welcome to the Thunder Dome.

You know that this is the most brutal forum on the net and it's history is littered with the bleached bones and mangled carcasses of those who thought they could say whatever they wanted and not be challenged.

I'm sure a lot saw this coming. Only Be There and chaos stated it openly. I just like to hope against hope.

If you're primarily a spectator and mind your place you'll do fine. If you want to have an opinion and express it you better have thicker skin than a rhino.

Hang in there Harley.
And there are many now still afraid to openly state how they feel about Harley in case the wind changes again at Getbig and good old Harley becomes flavour of the month after throwing a party for disabled kids and plastering the pictures everywhere.
to quote you above Pellius
"You know that this is the most brutal forum on the net and it's history is littered with the bleached bones and mangled carcasses of those who thought they could say whatever they wanted and not be challenged."
One things for certain, there wont be many backbones in the carcasses of many posters on here.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3024 on: February 17, 2016, 11:31:17 PM »
And there are many now still afraid to openly state how they feel about Harley in case the wind changes again at Getbig and good old Harley becomes flavour of the month after throwing a party for disabled kids and plastering the pictures everywhere.
to quote you above Pellius
"You know that this is the most brutal forum on the net and it's history is littered with the bleached bones and mangled carcasses of those who thought they could say whatever they wanted and not be challenged."
One things for certain, there wont be many backbones in the carcasses of many posters on here.

No one ever accused you, least of all me, of being a sheep and following the safety and comfort of the mob.

Whether one likes you or not, which you've made abundantly clear that you are indifferent, no one can say that you lack back bone.