Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 597004 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #3125 on: February 28, 2016, 04:04:44 AM »
So, has the attention whore finally had enough ,hundreds of pages of lickspittles blowing smoke up his ass and hes happy, a couple people see him for what he is and call him out on it and "poof, hes gone" like Kayser Soze.

Who's Kayser Soze? Is that a UK thing?

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #3126 on: February 28, 2016, 04:22:13 AM »
Who's Kayser Soze? Is that a UK thing?

It's from a film, and if you haven't seen it you really must...  8)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114814/
T

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #3127 on: February 28, 2016, 04:35:28 AM »
It's from a film, and if you haven't seen it you really must...  8)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114814/

Is it online?

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #3128 on: February 28, 2016, 05:17:17 AM »
Is it online?

Not for free - you can certainly purchase it via YouTube by searching for 'The Usual Suspects' and it appears to be $7.99

Alternatively, as an older film there are (presumably) multiple torrents out there...

Depends how legally you live...  :)

It really is very good though - as long as you are a fan of Kevin Spacey, as it is a bit of a performance piece.  If you do watch it please let me  I'd be interested to know what you thought of it - cheers buddy!

Edited: for sounding beta!
T

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3129 on: February 28, 2016, 06:34:32 AM »
Is it online?

Everything is online, Mr. P.

It's worth the watch.
Y

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3130 on: February 28, 2016, 08:05:34 AM »
No, I doubt it. I just briefly read an article where they interviewed a few criminal defense lawyers and each one stated that their clients are almost always guilty--they were either directly or indirectly involved. So, I don't think these criminal defense lawyers are taking these cases because they feel bad for these criminals. I can only think of two reason: 1) innocent until proven guilty--everyone deserves a fair trial or 2) for the money. I cannot conceive of any other reason.

These lawyers that know their clients are guilty, but defend them anyway, must be rationalizing it somehow.

If you had a mother at your office, sobbing and desperate, and she was begging for your help: what would be your next step?  (She's the mother of someone accused of something similar to any one of the things Harley takes crap for having worked on)

Simple Simon

« Reply #3131 on: February 28, 2016, 08:19:34 AM »
If you had a mother at your office, sobbing and desperate, and she was begging for your help: what would be your next step?  (She's the mother of someone accused of something similar to any one of the things Harley takes crap for having worked on)
Take the case and try and get the best possible outcome for the client within the law.

That doesnt mean going with a not guilty plea if the twat has done it and putting the family of the victim through the mill.
Plead guilty and get the piece of shit the best he can hope for.

Thats the moral and right thing to do.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #3132 on: February 28, 2016, 12:13:32 PM »
Harley still comes on but hasn't posted since like the 17th so it's not like he doesn't read this thread and what people have written.

I would be curious to know his thoughts on what people have written here the past couple weeks, not saying it would change some people's beliefs but perhaps he could give some things to think about we are not looking at.
"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3133 on: February 28, 2016, 02:16:57 PM »

If I knew her son was a known child molester, I would 100% NOT take the case. If some teenager stole a candy bar from the store, and the mother was sobbing, then I may defend him.

Its really all about a continuum. Obviously, some crimes are worse than other crimes. If I was a criminal defense lawyer, Id like to think that Id draw the line somewhere. Then again, once the money starts rolling in, I am sure many criminal defense lawyers see a paycheck more than anything else.
X

Simple Simon

« Reply #3134 on: February 28, 2016, 02:18:27 PM »
If I knew her son was a known child molester, I would 100% NOT take the case. If some teenager stole a candy bar from the store, and the mother was sobbing, then I may defend him.

Its really all about a continuum. Obviously, some crimes are worse than other crimes. If I was a criminal defense lawyer, Id like to think that Id draw the line somewhere. Then again, once the money starts rolling in, I am sure many criminal defense lawyers see a paycheck more than anything else.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #3135 on: February 28, 2016, 02:22:34 PM »
Great job running one of the few interesting contributors out of town, dickheads.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3136 on: February 28, 2016, 02:26:36 PM »

Can you just imagine how much OJ Simpsons lawyer made!  :o :o :o
X

Simple Simon

« Reply #3137 on: February 28, 2016, 02:32:31 PM »
Can you just imagine how much OJ Simpsons lawyer made!  :o :o :o
and is still making off the back of that case....

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3138 on: February 28, 2016, 02:34:52 PM »
How's the diet and training going Mr Breite? Are you still doing your cardio and burning up that fat?

As a separate point, if I may, what's going on with your friend Craig Richardson? He planning on competing again? What's his opinion on some of his 212 competition like Jose Raymond and James 'Flex' Lewis?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3139 on: February 28, 2016, 02:45:33 PM »

Meaning you'd be able to resist any feelings of sympathy you might have for the mother's sense of desperation.

But if another person found s/he weren't able to do that quite in the manner that you could, it wouldn't cause you to think less of that person, would it?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3140 on: February 28, 2016, 02:47:34 PM »
Then again, once the money starts rolling in, I am sure many criminal defense lawyers see a paycheck more than anything else.

Does defending guilty scum bring in more $ ?
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3141 on: February 28, 2016, 02:48:23 PM »
Great job running one of the few interesting contributors out of town, dickheads.

He is fully capable of defending himself.
:

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3142 on: February 28, 2016, 02:51:11 PM »
Does defending guilty scum bring in more $ ?

Id suspect so. There are always criminals.

But it also depends what type of criminals youre defending. My cousin works for a major law firm in Manhattan, and they specialize in white collar crime. He is making MAJOR bank. But he obviously defends very wealthy people.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3143 on: February 28, 2016, 02:53:55 PM »
and is still making off the back of that case....

A New York Times article from 1994 estimates O.J. Simpson's lawyer fees at approximately 5 million dollars. The exact amount that O.J. Simpson paid the defense team to help acquit him of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Brown, however, is unknown.

And I am sure thats on the conservative end.
X

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3144 on: February 28, 2016, 02:58:08 PM »
Id suspect so. There are always criminals.

But it also depends what type of criminals youre defending. My cousin works for a major law firm in Manhattan, and they specialize in white collar crime. He is making MAJOR bank. But he obviously defends very wealthy people.

What sorts of things have they been up to, to require his services?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #3145 on: February 28, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »
Where is Harley?

"1"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3146 on: February 28, 2016, 03:06:09 PM »
What sorts of things have they been up to, to require his services?

I don't talk to my cousin like that. I saw my aunt and uncle a few weeks ago and they mentioned him. He lives in Manhattan with his wife and kid. Needless to say, he's not starving lol
X

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3147 on: February 28, 2016, 03:10:34 PM »
Where is Harley?

"1"

The conversation took a turn and his ethics were subjected to scrutiny and I believe Harley got fed up and is taking a temporary hiatus.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3148 on: February 28, 2016, 03:11:44 PM »
I don't talk to my cousin like that. I saw my aunt and uncle a few weeks ago and they mentioned him. He lives in Manhattan with his wife and kid. Needless to say, he's not starving lol

You're not sure what his work involves, other than that he makes a lot of money from it, you mean?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #3149 on: February 28, 2016, 03:17:06 PM »
The conversation took a turn and his ethics were subjected to scrutiny and I believe Harley got fed up and is taking a temporary hiatus.

What do his ethics have to do with anything?

He is a lawyer practicing criminal law. He defends clients that seek out his services.

When you practice criminal law, the vast majority of your clients will be the scum of the earth. He knows that most of his clients are not good people, but he is there to practice law, win the case and get paid.

Did people somehow want him to change his practice and only defend perfectly innocent people? How about simply asking him to stop practicing law?

"1"