Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596176 times)

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #3225 on: March 03, 2016, 08:43:09 PM »
Harley has given me, and hopefully will continue giving me, awesome and FREE, legal advice. Don't think he follows this thread anymore (which is a shame) but he is much appreciated! A true champion of getbig for sure!!!

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #3226 on: March 03, 2016, 09:34:52 PM »
I thought I'd clarify for those on the fence about your ball gargling skills.

A lot of repressed thoughts about cock going on in that cone shaped head of yours.
If it weren't for your cankles preventing you from wearing stripperboots, you'd be jacking off old fucks in a gay bar.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3227 on: March 03, 2016, 09:47:31 PM »
Harley has given me, and hopefully will continue giving me, awesome and FREE, legal advice. Don't think he follows this thread anymore (which is a shame) but he is much appreciated! A true champion of getbig for sure!!!

If youre innocent, Harley wants nothing to do with you.

Only if youre guilty. He gets off on getting criminals off or getting them a reduced sentence.
X

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3228 on: March 03, 2016, 09:49:55 PM »

Only if youre guilty. He gets off on getting criminals off or getting them a reduced sentence.

:D

Simple Simon

« Reply #3229 on: March 03, 2016, 09:56:18 PM »
Dear PL,

Ignoring the 'law issue'.

Do elaborate where morality comes in when practicing a profession?
Harley does not have any history of mal-practice as far as I am aware. If you have information to the contrary, do provide.
As such, he is morally conducting his obligations and services.

If you wish to discuss Harley's morality off-the-job, please refer to his earlier statements.
Are you familiar with the word "ethics"?
Everyone who is employed to do something is obligated to be ethical.

Most jobs expect you to be ethical, but only to an extent.
If I worked in a shoe store and someone came in to buy some shoes and I knew the same shoes were cheaper over the road, ethically I should tell them, however in business that would be suicide.
We all face ethical dilemmas every day, its how you handle them that defines you as a human being.

You ned to stop banging Harleys drum about his job and his morality being two separate issues, I can always go back to using the Nazi guard analogy if you like, the nazi guards were nice guys, they were just doing their job shooting starving and burning jews.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #3230 on: March 03, 2016, 11:57:36 PM »
Nah ah  There's the "law" issue and the "morality" discussion.  Two separate issues.  Some of us are a more unwavering in our position.

Exactly. Laws and morality, though they sometimes intersect, are separate issues. Laws have more to do with keeping civic order and individual rights answering to and determined by government authority. Morality has more to do with personal ethics answering to a personal value system and a reflection on you as a person. This can vary widely from individual to individual.

Speeding is illegal but not immoral and says nothing about your character or ethics. Adultery is still considered immoral but not illegal but is a reflection on your character. Murder is both immoral and illegal. An obvious violation of individual rights and civic order as well as a reflection on the kind of person you are.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3231 on: March 04, 2016, 12:01:31 AM »

Well, Natural Wonder was very happy with the help Harley gave him regard the Handi-Van issue for his handicap child.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3232 on: March 04, 2016, 12:16:23 AM »
Are you familiar with the word "ethics"?
Everyone who is employed to do something is obligated to be ethical.

Most jobs expect you to be ethical, but only to an extent.
If I worked in a shoe store and someone came in to buy some shoes and I knew the same shoes were cheaper over the road, ethically I should tell them, however in business that would be suicide.
We all face ethical dilemmas every day, its how you handle them that defines you as a human being.

You ned to stop banging Harleys drum about his job and his morality being two separate issues, I can always go back to using the Nazi guard analogy if you like, the nazi guards were nice guys, they were just doing their job shooting starving and burning jews.

Exactly. Do you put your morality, character, and personal honor on the back burner because you are doing your job? What you do IS YOU regardless of the context.

It wasn't until maybe five years ago that it was perfectly legal and within policy here in Hawaii for a cop to pay (with tax payer dollars) to have sex with a prostitute in order to build a case. I wonder what their wife would say when her husband says, "Hey, I was just doing my job. It's legal and within policy."

Remember that scene in "The Green Mile" when Tom Hanks asks himself what is he going to say when he stands before God knowing that he killed an innocent man. "I was doing my job?" (First 21 seconds in the clip)

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3233 on: March 04, 2016, 02:01:25 AM »
Exactly. Do you put your morality, character, and personal honor on the back burner because you are doing your job? What you do IS YOU regardless of the context.

A job is a means to an end. Nothing more. Great if you associate yourself with the job you perform, but that doesn't mean everyone does or should.
Harley performs his job in an ethical manner, so long as he doesn't differ from protocol. End of.

As for character and personal honor, Harley can take solace in the fact he does his job well. In addition to having various projects, interests and reservations off the job. Is that so hard to understand?

Do you guys clock in to work and stand next to a conveyer-belt or some shit all day? Thinking about how much good you do for the world, and how moral your actions are and what not? Or what's going on here?

I can always go back to using the Nazi guard analogy if you like, the nazi guards were nice guys, they were just doing their job shooting starving and burning jews.

I've already discussed this.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3234 on: March 04, 2016, 02:16:37 AM »
A job is a means to an end. Nothing more. Great if you associate yourself with the job you perform, but that doesn't mean everyone does or should.
Harley performs his job in an ethical manner, so long as he doesn't differ from protocol. End of.

As for character and personal honor, Harley can take solace in the fact he does his job well. In addition to having various projects, interests and reservations off the job. Is that so hard to understand?

Do you guys clock in to work and stand next to a conveyer-belt or some shit all day? Thinking about how much good you do for the world, and how moral your actions are and what not? Or what's going on here?

Yes, and a mob hit man can take solace in the fact that he does his job well.

What you do in life, regardless of the context, defines who you are and what kind of person you are. Is that so hard to understand?

There's a difference between getting a child molester a fair sentence
for his crime and getting him off scot-free because you just want to win at any cost.

Again, I am not commenting on Harley per se but the moral and ethical issues involved. I believe Harley to be a good man.  

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3235 on: March 04, 2016, 02:34:51 AM »
Yes, and a mob hit man can take solace in the fact that he does his job well.

Irrelevant as it's within the illegal circuit.

What you do in life, regardless of the context, defines who you are and what kind of person you are. Is that so hard to understand?

No, it does not. This completely depends on how you view your job.
If you start your own business, obviously it will much more reflect your person than when you're working any generic dayjob.
Of course, one 'chooses' the direction they pursue, but this doesn't mean they necessarily associate themselves with their job to the extend you claim.

There's a difference between getting a child molester a fair sentence
for his crime and getting him off scot-free because you just want to win at any cost.

He is absolutely in his right to consider it a 'win' when others dropped the ball. It means the job was done as best he could, and the opposition did not. Again, this does not mean Harley can't have further reservations about a case or an individual. But in the long run such incidents will prevent cases such as this one;
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/letter-from-witness-casts-further-doubt-on-2004-texas-execution/2015/03/09/d9ebdab8-c451-11e4-ad5c-3b8ce89f1b89_story.html

Checks-and-balances.

Again, I am not commenting on Harley per se but the moral and ethical issues involved. I believe Harley to be a good man.  

If you cannot seperate personal morality and ethics from work ethics, then you will simply not be able to perform at certain jobs.
Hence why people get so mixed up about it.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3236 on: March 04, 2016, 03:13:32 AM »

Oh boy, here we go. The multi quote battle.
It is relevant. As I said, regardless of the context, what you do is who you are.

If you start your own business, obviously it will much more reflect your person than when you're working any generic dayjob.
Of course, one 'chooses' the direction they pursue, but this doesn't mean they necessarily associate themselves with their job to the extend you claim.

Again, I disagree. It's not your job per se, it's how you do your job that defines your character. There is nothing inherently immoral or unethical to being a DA or any other job. It's how you do it. You can be a Pastor but that in and of itself doesn't guarantee moral or ethical behavior. It's how you do your job as a pastor.

He is absolutely in his right to consider it a 'win' when others dropped the ball. It means the job was done as best he could, and the opposition did not. Again, this does not mean Harley can't have further reservations about a case or an individual. But in the long run such incidents will prevent cases such as this one;
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/letter-from-witness-casts-further-doubt-on-2004-texas-execution/2015/03/09/d9ebdab8-c451-11e4-ad5c-3b8ce89f1b89_story.html

Winning a case is of course a win. Getting a guilty person off is also a win for the DA. But letting a guilty person go free is simply morally wrong and an injustice to the victims and society. Just like getting a person wrongly convicted is also wrong for the victim and society.

Checks-and-balances.

If you cannot seperate personal morality and ethics from work ethics, then you will simply not be able to perform at certain jobs.

Not true. You are implying that there are some legal jobs that are inherently immoral. Do you really believe that?

And as far as separating morality from work, that is the crux of the matter. That's the difference between you and me. I don't leave my morality and humanity at home after I punch a clock. I am responsible for everything I do regardless of the context.

We are two very, very different people and view life from a very, very different perspective.  

If my job was to pull the switch on the electric chair or give the lethal injection I am still killing another man regardless of the fact that it's my job and I am just representing the State. If I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the person was innocent I would not do it. I would not kill an innocent man under any circumstances.

Just because someone gives me a paycheck doesn't mean I will do anything they want me to do. Some people answer to a higher authority be it God or a personal value system and sense of integrity and honor rather than how big the numbers are on a piece of paper.  

Like I said, we are two very, very, very different people with a very, very, very different life perspective and world view.

Simple Simon

« Reply #3237 on: March 04, 2016, 06:08:47 AM »

I know, that why a referred to "going back to it"

Your lack of understanding was noted last time

Simple Simon

« Reply #3238 on: March 04, 2016, 06:11:41 AM »

Checks-and-balances.

Getbig will judge you on the company you keep.

You are on a sticky wicket to keep trying to defend Harleys corner in this thread.
Its clear you believe you can justify immoral behaviour by saying "its my job" and that's your prerogative, just don't try and convince right minded people its acceptable.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3239 on: March 04, 2016, 06:33:36 AM »
Getbig will judge you on the company you keep.

You are on a sticky wicket to keep trying to defend Harleys corner in this thread.
Its clear you believe you can justify immoral behaviour by saying "its my job" and that's your prerogative, just don't try and convince right minded people its acceptable.

The best example I can think of is the 2008 economic collapse. Now I am NO expert on this, so I may get some facts wrong.

But, from what I know, bankers (or whoever) PURPOSELY sold mortgages to people they knew couldn't afford them (I assume these people eventually lost their homes). Further, many people on wall street knew about this and possible ensuing economic collapse and made out BIG.

Now, the people who sold these people mortgages were just doing their job. Their job was to sell mortgages and make themselves and the company money. They did that and did it VERY well. However, they were operating from an immoral position because they gave people wrong information; sold them mortgages they knew they couldn't afford and shit hit the fan. Would you consider these people moral because they were doing their job? They sold a mortgage. That was their job. But, they screwed over many people! People trust these institutions to do right by them: give them quality service and correct information. However, these bankers, given their expertise knowledge about money and whatnot, still sold loans they knew people couldn't afford and would be fucked! But I guess they were being moral because they were just doing their job.  ::) ::) ::)
X

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3240 on: March 04, 2016, 07:28:15 AM »
Sokolsky, are you taking up a contrarian position here for trolling purposes?

;)

Simple Simon

« Reply #3241 on: March 04, 2016, 08:08:00 AM »
;)

hahahaha.....
If you trolled anyone its poor Harley, he thought you were his only friend, now hes really fucked.
He pops in top read this thread and see how hes faring, you were his light at the end of the tunnel, brilliant work mate.   ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3242 on: March 04, 2016, 08:32:55 AM »
The biggest problem Harley has is that he's actually an accomplished human being who has an interesting life.

If it wasn't for that, nobody would've bothered.

No question about it, he's led a very entertaining life and seems to be a very colorful character.

Some character traits are just deal breakers for some of us.  Doesn't mean he isn't welcome to continue posting here.  
:

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3243 on: March 04, 2016, 08:43:09 AM »
I don't consider online persona as 'friends'. I do however, stand by what I wrote.

I neither see the immoral behaviour, nor am I trying to convince other people. However 'right minded' you deem yourself.

Morality, justice, etc. are all very fluid concepts and open to interpretation depending on upbringing, culture and so on.
As such, in absence of a unified and coherent single morality, there really isn't a point in arguing whether someone is morally sound.
This is entirely subjective and biased by those who judge. That's why we rely on ratified guidelines (legislation).

As such:
I simply acknowledge the fact professions, such as Harley's, and many like it, are an essential and integral part of the system we live by.
While keeping in mind that, indeed, not everyone would be able to remain unbiased and function accordingly.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3244 on: March 04, 2016, 08:49:03 AM »
Sokolsky, are you taking up a contrarian position here for trolling purposes?

Hencey, why when he responds to me, I don't even bother reading.  :D :D :D
X

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3245 on: March 04, 2016, 08:51:08 AM »
Hencey, why when he responds to me, I don't even bother reading.  :D :D :D

Dude.. You're breaking my heart here. I thought we went wayyyyy back when we both agreed that anal sex is really not all that appealing.
And that a perfectly well, self-lubricated tight pussy is much prefered over some loose asshole.

I mean fuck, that was the first PM I ever got ffs
 :'(

Simple Simon

« Reply #3246 on: March 04, 2016, 04:16:08 PM »
I don't consider online persona as 'friends'. I do however, stand by what I wrote.

I neither see the immoral behaviour, nor am I trying to convince other people. However 'right minded' you deem yourself.

Morality, justice, etc. are all very fluid concepts and open to interpretation depending on upbringing, culture and so on.
As such, in absence of a unified and coherent single morality, there really isn't a point in arguing whether someone is morally sound.
This is entirely subjective and biased by those who judge. That's why we rely on ratified guidelines (legislation).

As such:
I simply acknowledge the fact professions, such as Harley's, and many like it, are an essential and integral part of the system we live by.
While keeping in mind that, indeed, not everyone would be able to remain unbiased and function accordingly.
That's true, in the world where paedophilia is the norm, the straight man is the pervert.

and as for the second bit, you could remain unbiased and function correctly if you had no conscience, as Harley clearly demonstrates.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3247 on: March 04, 2016, 05:17:23 PM »
That's true, in the world where paedophilia is the norm, the straight man is the pervert.

and as for the second bit, you could remain unbiased and function correctly if you had no conscience, as Harley clearly demonstrates.

Not sure I totally agree with this.  Some of us just have higher standards for ourselves and those we associate with.

Not even in the same league, but...

I used to have a best friend who ended up marrying this guy who started and "employment agency".  They (he) made money hand over fist and she quickly donned a "housewives of wherever" attitude.  Basically, he farmed out illegals to various factories.  He'd supply them with "proper documentation" *wink*wink  ::)  As the business grew, so did her attitude like they were performing some sort of altruistic service.  I haven't spoken to her in years.

:

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3248 on: March 04, 2016, 05:32:22 PM »

WOW you sound like Ginger but i know you were Banned from T Muscle for being a Dick :D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3249 on: March 04, 2016, 05:39:58 PM »
I think this thread is getting off track. ::)