Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596642 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #3275 on: March 05, 2016, 06:25:52 PM »
Morality has differing degrees, for some its OK to go 31mph in a 30 zone, for some its OK to get a pedo released for raping a 5 year old child.
Im sure you can see they are not the same.

PS, thanks for the platform to keep highlighting Harleys shortcomings, without you his thread would die.
Lol, and he must have thought you were on his side.

lol!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3276 on: March 05, 2016, 06:26:43 PM »
Donny, either refer to which statement(s) directly, or just shut up and get yourself a drink.
You're just making a fool of yourself, but atleast your consistency confirms you're not a gimmick.

No he's not. You are.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3277 on: March 05, 2016, 06:31:35 PM »
The situation might change when the person speeding 1mph over causes an accident, which otherwise could have been prevented. And you have to cut someone out of a car, or get a phonecall home. And yes, 1mph is significant. Hell, posted speed limits are exactly that, speed limits. People tend to think a 60mph speedlimit sign meansyou have to drive 60mph, but that's the maximum, not the adviced speed.

As for getting a pedophile off, then he's not guilty before the law. Morally perhaps.
In the case of the speeder, it's both morally and lawfully wrong.

Oh God! Please. Keep talking. This is hilarious! You keep burying yourself deeper and deeper. Epic self ownage.

You really believe that 1 mph would have made the difference between an accident and no accident IN REAL LIFE. (Note that was not a question.)

Amazing how you can twist reality to conform to your skewed world view. Where are you from?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3278 on: March 05, 2016, 06:33:37 PM »
Are you sure about that?
Lawfully its wrong, why is it morally wrong to go 31mph in a 30?

Have you mercy or compassion?

You're destroying this kid. Do you want him to start another thread whining about how depress he is and how life has no meaning?

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #3279 on: March 05, 2016, 06:37:58 PM »
Oh brother  ::)  . Then that would include all the drivers in the world as everyone has exceeded the speed  limit at one point or another. The majority do on a daily basis.

You really have a talent to twist EVERYTHING to confirm to your own point of view and personal bias.

"Speeding says A LOT about a person." Now you're just sounding desperate.

Actually, your own words DO say A LOT about you as a person. And it's not good.

Yes, indeed. People commit crimes and morally unsound acts on a daily basis. But based on their personal bias they're either aware of it or simply don't find it significant enough. Just because the majority does so, does not negate the dangers of speeding, or use of heavy machinery. When someone on a structural basis ignores such dangers, then yes, it does tell something about their personality. Likewise for driving behaviour and so on.

If you don't see a moral issue in that, fine.
Maybe have a look here http://www.bestgore.com/tag/car-crash/

Now think about the families, the people having to clean-up, etc.
You don't find it relevant to your morality because you can't associate.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3280 on: March 05, 2016, 06:39:41 PM »
Have you mercy or compassion?

You're destroying this kid. Do you want him to start another thread whining about how depress he is and how life has no meaning?

Correct, life has no meaning to me.
And I am indeed depressed.
Anything else you wish to state, which I haven't already?

The fun thing about it is that while I indeed don't have a positive outlook of life, I also don't give a fuck.
So in regards to your island critter-self, I could care less, buddy.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3281 on: March 05, 2016, 06:42:43 PM »

Amazing how you can apply your own idea of morality in Harley's case, but fail to apply it to other conceivable situations/professions.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3282 on: March 05, 2016, 06:51:00 PM »
Yes, indeed. People commit crimes and morally unsound acts on a daily basis. But based on their personal bias they're either aware of it or simply don't find it significant enough. Just because the majority does so, does not negate the dangers of speeding, or use of heavy machinery. When someone on a structural basis ignores such dangers, then yes, it does tell something about their personality. Likewise for driving behaviour and so on.

If you don't see a moral issue in that, fine.
Maybe have a look here http://www.bestgore.com/tag/car-crash/

Now think about the families, the people having to clean-up, etc.
You don't find it relevant to your morality because you can't associate.

Like I said, you twist reality to conform to your preconceived notions of what you think life should be like.

You totally discount the concept of gradations of evil. That some acts are worse than others. That going 1mph over the speed limit, which is done routinely and says absolutely nothing about a person's character or morality, is quite different from going 30mph over the speed limit.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3283 on: March 05, 2016, 06:54:41 PM »
Correct, life has no meaning to me.
And I am indeed depressed.
Anything else you wish to state, which I haven't already?

The fun thing about it is that while I indeed don't have a positive outlook of life, I also don't give a fuck.
So in regards to your island critter-self, I could care less, buddy.

Exactly.

And that explains a lot.

I'll ask again, where are you from? Perhaps your life will improve if you move to Hawaii. Things got much better for me once I moved back home. Your environment has so much to do with your quality of life.

You're so young. Pity you go through the rest of your life so bitter and empty.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3284 on: March 05, 2016, 06:56:29 PM »
You're so young. Pity you go through the rest of your life so bitter and empty.

I've taken steps this week to resolve some persisting issues.
Thanks for your concern.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3285 on: March 05, 2016, 07:13:29 PM »
Amazing how you can apply your own idea of morality in Harley's case, but fail to apply it to other conceivable situations/professions.

Read closer my sad little friend, I have never impugn Harley's moral character in anyway. Asking him questions on how he approaches life and the moral conflicts we all have to face is quite different from making a judgement on him as a person.

I ask these question to get a better perspective and often I find that sometimes a person hasn't really given that much thought to various moral dilemmas one encounters in life.

As I have made clear in all my years on this board, I am grounded by my religion. I believe that I am going to have to answer for my deeds both good and bad. So when making moral decisions I always go back to how it will stand during my day of judgement. How much will winning a certain case and making a lot of money count on my day of reckoning?

So much of what we think are so important in life: money, status, fame, popularity, looks... I believe will count for very little when my soul is put to the test.

But that's just me and I know this board is primarily secular if not anti-religious. But to me, this moral confusion that you show, and some others do on this board, is a direct result of the secularization of modern Western culture.

Again, I said "some". There are many like Being There and SF that has thought these things through and wrestled with these issues as they have gone through life and figured it out for themselves. Not everyone has that nature introspection and self-examination. I believe you are definitely a thinking person but just, shall we say, a work in progress.

The one thing that I hope you take away from this, once you get over your hubris and arrogance, is that you are responsible for your actions. It's doesn't matter if it's your job, or you are following orders, or it's the law, or it's because everybody else it doing it. You are responsible. And what you do -- not what you think or feel -- is what defines you and makes you -- YOU!.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3286 on: March 05, 2016, 07:27:09 PM »
I've taken steps this week to resolve some persisting issues.
Thanks for your concern.

I doubt it can be done in a week. Like I said, you're a thinking person. You look around and pay attention to the kind of world we live in.

How can one not get depressed? It's a realization that you've been lied to and it isn't how you were told it would be and how it's suppose to be. And how that can effect your relationship with everyone. Sometimes it just doesn't seem worth it and there's just no point.

"An awareness of solitude.
But that sounds so flat. I don't mean simply
That there's been a crash; though indeed there has been.
It isn't simply the the end of an illusion
In the ordinary way, or being ditched.
Of course that's something that's always happening
To all sorts of people, and they get over it
More or less, or at least they carry on.

No, I mean that what has happened has made me aware
That I've always been alone. That one always is alone.
Not simply the ending of one relationship,
Not even simply finding that it never existed-
But a revelation about my relationship

With everybody.

Do you know?

It no longer seems worth while to speak to anyone!"

-- T.S. Eliiot, The Cocktail Party

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #3287 on: March 05, 2016, 07:28:34 PM »
Read closer my sad little friend, I have never impugn Harley's moral character in anyway. Asking him questions on how he approaches life and the moral conflicts we all have to face is quite different from making a judgement on him as a person.

I ask these question to get a better perspective and often I find that sometimes a person hasn't really given that much thought to various moral dilemmas one encounters in life.

As I have made clear in all my years on this board, I am grounded by my religion. I believe that I am going to have to answer for my deeds both good and bad. So when making moral decisions I always go back to how it will stand during my day of judgement. How much will winning a certain case and making a lot of money count on my day of reckoning?

So much of what we think are so important in life: money, status, fame, popularity, looks... I believe will count for very little when my soul is put to the test.

But that's just me and I know this board is primarily secular if not anti-religious. But to me, this moral confusion that you show, and some others do on this board, is a direct result of the secularization of modern Western culture.

Again, I said "some". There are many like Being There and SF that has thought these things through and wrestled with these issues as they have gone through life and figured it out for themselves. Not everyone has that nature introspection and self-examination. I believe you are definitely a thinking person but just, shall we say, a work in progress.

The one thing that I hope you take away from this, once you get over your hubris and arrogance, is that you are responsible for your actions. It's doesn't matter if it's your job, or you are following orders, or it's the law, or it's because everybody else it doing it. You are responsible. And what you do -- not what you think or feel -- is what defines you and makes you -- YOU!.

This is actually more bearable to absorb

"

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3288 on: March 06, 2016, 02:44:19 PM »
Not everyone has that nature introspection and self-examination. I believe you are definitely a thinking person but just, shall we say, a work in progress.

I believe the main difference in our perceived morality comes from your religious convictions, which is fine. My moral compass is rather flexible depending on circumstance, so long as I can take comfort in the choices I've made, I don't care whether others have differing views or opinions.
I am not afraid to be judged, if indeed anyone shall be.

My stance in 'defending' Harley hasn't changed, so I wouldn't necessarily speak of moral confussion, as I have been consistent in my views and examples with my convictions. So let's agree that we simply disagree.

I doubt it can be done in a week.

I'm aware I won't resolve an issue that has persisted for the last decade and 1/3 of my life within a week. The steps I've taken are long-term.
While seeking out and accepting help isn't really in my nature, I'm somewhat optimistic. And I found myself lucky with a great circle of friends, and ofcourse family.

I wanted to go into this on a seperate issue, not because I disagree with you, but because of the following:

I too, am of the opinion everyone should be held accountable for their actions and deeds. Yet, people can plead insanity or due to mental health issues such as psychosis get a reduced sentence. This is a concept I somewhat struggle with, despite earlier points I've made.
While conditions such as psychosis are/can be temporary, such individuals still pose a threat to society at large, so then why are they treated differently? Re-introduction into society while there's a heightened chance of recurring situations in such cases appears odd.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3289 on: March 06, 2016, 11:27:15 PM »
I believe the main difference in our perceived morality comes from your religious convictions, which is fine. My moral compass is rather flexible depending on circumstance, so long as I can take comfort in the choices I've made, I don't care whether others have differing views or opinions.
I am not afraid to be judged, if indeed anyone shall be.

I'll just address this point as it is the crux of the matter.

A "flexible" morality. "Situational ethics" as it has been termed is an idea that in this country stemmed from the cultural revolution that occurred in the late sixties/early seventies and started to take hold in the late eighties/early nineties when those hippies started to get into our colleges, universities and government. That there is really no right and wrong -- it just depends. That Communism was just an alternative political system and who are we to say it was bad and we were better? That if one culture sacrifices a virgin to their God's that's right for them even though it's murder to just. Who are we to judge? If a DA gets a guilty child molester free then more power to him. He didn't break the law. Who are we to say an injustice has been done.

A moral compass has nothing to do with your feelings. That you are comfortable with it. I don't trust human nature. They can justify anything and be a peace with their decisions. You really think a Pol Pot or a Stalin got up in the morning and said, "So, how can I make the world a more miserable place? How can I increase the suffering of the human race?"

As Bertrand Russell once said that more harm has been done in this world by those who really believed they were doing good. The phrase, "The road to hell has been paved with good intentions" did not just come out of nowhere.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3290 on: March 07, 2016, 11:57:11 AM »
Where is our courageously coiffed, modern-day Jeremy Bentham? Surely a man for all seasons can handle a little heat? Sokolsky's out here on his own!
Are you trying to flatter Las Vegas?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #3291 on: March 07, 2016, 01:13:21 PM »

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3292 on: March 07, 2016, 03:43:45 PM »
A moral compass has nothing to do with your feelings. That you are comfortable with it. I don't trust human nature. They can justify anything and be a peace with their decisions. You really think a Pol Pot or a Stalin got up in the morning and said, "So, how can I make the world a more miserable place? How can I increase the suffering of the human race?"

As Bertrand Russell once said that more harm has been done in this world by those who really believed they were doing good. The phrase, "The road to hell has been paved with good intentions" did not just come out of nowhere.

You say you're grounded in religion, yet religions are shaped and transformed by man. Churches and mosques are errected by man. Man is killed by man for their beliefs. Man lives in a world created for itself, if indeed there was to be a divine power, it certainly wouldn't be among or otherwise concerned with man.

Then, what is there left to be trusted? If not human nature?

Bertrand Russel phrase is a rather beautiful one, yet I feel it is much too widely applicable to only hold truth regarding 'hell'. People, as complex as they are, move by their convictions and intentions. In the absence of (self-)justification for ones' actions, or assertion that one is doing the right thing, one would not be moved.

Every last one of us is convinced that what they think is right, until they are presented with counter-views or evidence which can cause (paradigm)shifts. This could be through new discoveries in science and knowledge, or through simple exchanges of ideas through discussion and so on. Yet, prior to such interactions or events, we all essentially believe to be in our right and acting in our own interest, if not the interest of all.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #3293 on: March 07, 2016, 05:32:44 PM »
Haha, i forgot about him. He's been missing for a while too.
Coincidence?  ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #3294 on: March 07, 2016, 05:44:17 PM »
I missed like 100 pages in the middle of this (read the first 10-20 and the last 5-10) so I don't want to waste my time reading 100-plus pages to follow along, but how did an appreciation thread that had everyone sucking Harley off and kissing his ass, turn into a bashing thread that has actually caused him to leave to the forum?!?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3295 on: March 07, 2016, 06:31:57 PM »
I missed like 100 pages in the middle of this (read the first 10-20 and the last 5-10) so I don't want to waste my time reading 100-plus pages to follow along, but how did an appreciation thread that had everyone sucking Harley off and kissing his ass, turn into a bashing thread that has actually caused him to leave to the forum?!?

How? Because this is GetBig. Being There and chaos predicted it early on. GetBig will always turn on you. Jackals are always lying in wait. They both knew it was just a matter of time. It always is. Remember when Cutler came on here around 11 years ago? Started out great. "Started out."

Props to Harley for lasting so long. Hope he comes back. Still want his take on the Royce/Shamrock fiasco.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #3296 on: March 07, 2016, 08:12:49 PM »
How? Because this is GetBig. Being There and chaos predicted it early on. GetBig will always turn on you. Jackals are always lying in wait. They both knew it was just a matter of time. It always is. Remember when Cutler came on here around 11 years ago? Started out great. "Started out."

Props to Harley for lasting so long. Hope he comes back. Still want his take on the Royce/Shamrock fiasco.
You would think a defense lawyer that seeks out the highest profile, sickest, scummiest cases would have thicker skin. Lol :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #3297 on: March 07, 2016, 08:15:53 PM »
This is actually more bearable to absorb

Fuk Gooks Suck!
K

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3298 on: March 08, 2016, 12:34:09 PM »
Come on Harley, don't wuss out. You really going to let a little bit of heat scare you off Getbig? Remember it's not how many times you get knocked down but how many times you get up!

Simple Simon

« Reply #3299 on: March 08, 2016, 12:55:43 PM »
Come on Harley, don't wuss out. You really going to let a little bit of heat scare you off Getbig? Remember it's not how many times you get knocked down but how many times you get up!