Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596890 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #3375 on: April 01, 2016, 11:04:57 AM »
"unravelled" what? who are "we"? alone you would not last a minute in a face to face discussion with him.
look numbnuts, I dont care about Harley, I have never cared about Harley, I will never care about Harley.

I dont think you will ever work out how this forum works.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3376 on: April 01, 2016, 11:19:44 AM »
SF1900 will eventually get a hold of some kryptonite and smite MOS once and for all!

haha lol.

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3377 on: April 01, 2016, 11:21:34 AM »
Unfortunately, his deluded state of mind makes him impervious to being run off. That said, I would love you to prove me wrong.

Delusion is a powerful motivating force.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3378 on: April 01, 2016, 12:05:12 PM »
look numbnuts, I dont care about Harley, I have never cared about Harley, I will never care about Harley.

x2
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #3379 on: April 01, 2016, 01:19:31 PM »

T

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3380 on: April 01, 2016, 01:34:40 PM »

WOW.. you mentioned his name 3 times  :)

Simple Simon

« Reply #3381 on: April 01, 2016, 10:02:01 PM »
WOW.. you mentioned his name 3 times  :)
I have a flat tyre on my bike and dont have any tyre removers, do you think the back of a spoon will do it or shall I buy some spanners?

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #3382 on: June 26, 2017, 02:04:35 AM »
haha funny thread thanks to whoever linked to it from other thread.

only on getbig would you find a successful lawyer trying to justify and explain himself to the absolute dregs of humanity.

hilarious  ;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3383 on: June 26, 2017, 09:46:51 AM »
Harley is a good dude.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3384 on: June 26, 2017, 09:48:48 AM »
Harley is a good dude.

Who is happy to defend child rapists and get them off.
X

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3385 on: June 26, 2017, 09:51:09 AM »
Who is happy to defend child rapists and get them off.

Im not sure he's their type....

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3386 on: June 26, 2017, 10:47:31 AM »
in the UK a lawyer can't legally represent a defendant if the defendant has admitted their guilt to them (probably similar in the US)

but i would have thought it common sense that for a legal system to be in any way fair it relies on defense lawyers to assume the innocence of all of their clients regardless of the case or the weight of evidence. in the same way the system itself assumes innocence in every case until guilt is proven

i would imagine to do a job like that with any professional integrity you would need to be capable of remaining completely detached emotionally from any case you're working on.

Simple Simon

« Reply #3387 on: June 26, 2017, 11:01:40 AM »
in the UK a lawyer can't legally represent a defendant if the defendant has admitted their guilt to them (probably similar in the US)

but i would have thought it common sense that for a legal system to be in any way fair it relies on defense lawyers to assume the innocence of all of their clients regardless of the case or the weight of evidence. in the same way the system itself assumes innocence in every case until guilt is proven

i would imagine to do a job like that with any professional integrity you would need to be capable of remaining completely detached emotionally from any case you're working on.

a defendant is only guilty after the verdict.

A lawyer can represent someone who has confessed to him as long as he doesn't mislead the jury or judge.

Being guilty has nothing at all to do with if you have done or not done something.

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3388 on: June 26, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »
a defendant is only guilty after the verdict.

A lawyer can represent someone who has confessed to him as long as he doesn't mislead the jury or judge.

Being guilty has nothing at all to do with if you have done or not done something.

i should have said "defend" rather than represent. a lawyer can obviously represent a client who has admitted their guilt. but they cannot "defend" (argue a client's innocence at trial) when the client has admitted their guilt to them.

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3389 on: June 26, 2017, 11:21:49 AM »

that sentence makes absolutely no sense at all. being guilty means you did what you're accused of. how the jury call it is another issue.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #3390 on: June 26, 2017, 11:27:31 AM »
In the US proving your innocence is not part of the deal. If you're found not-guilty it simply means that the state failed to prove it's case. It doesn't mean your innocent.

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3391 on: June 26, 2017, 11:37:34 AM »
In the US proving your innocence is not part of the deal. If you're found not-guilty it simply means that the state failed to prove it's case. It doesn't mean your innocent.

i think that's pretty much the same throughout the democratic world.

Simple Simon

« Reply #3392 on: June 26, 2017, 11:40:37 AM »

i should have said "defend" rather than represent. a lawyer can obviously represent a client who has admitted their guilt. but they cannot "defend" (argue a client's innocence at trial) when the client has admitted their guilt to them.

yes they can, as long as they dont mislead the judge or jury.

A prosecution attorney cannot ask a defence attorney a direct question about t=what they believe regarding their clients innocence or guilt;
harley brite told me that before i ran him off the board.

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3393 on: June 26, 2017, 12:40:03 PM »
yes they can, as long as they dont mislead the judge or jury.

A prosecution attorney cannot ask a defence attorney a direct question about t=what they believe regarding their clients innocence or guilt;
harley brite told me that before i ran him off the board.

maybe technically speaking, but in practice it would be nigh on impossible for a lawyer to offer an any way meaningful defense to a client that has admitted guilt without perjuring himself. read the below a lawyer being asked this very question.

also read the bit below that quite interesting for all the numpties that were giving the lawyer dude sht.

"I mean, say they said to you “I did it, but I want you to get me off.” How could you defend such a person?

This is how. First, I would say:

“The evidence is strong and because we can’t contradict it, you haven’t got a chance. I can’t accuse witnesses X, Y & Z of lying because they’re obviously telling the truth. I can’t call you into the witness box to tell a pack of lies. The virtually inevitable consequence of pleading not guilty is that you will be convicted by the jury (or magistrates) and your sentence will be much tougher. You really ought to plead guilty.”

Faced with that sort of advice 999 of these defendants out of 1000 will realise that the game is up and plead guilty.

You’re still evading the question, just like every other slippery lawyer I’ve ever met. What of the one in a thousand who won’t plead guilty. Would you still represent him?

Yes I would, but without doing any of the dishonest things like accusing the witnesses of lying, or calling a defendant to tell an admitted pack of lies. All I could really do would be what is known as “put the prosecution to proof.” I could argue that certain evidence was inadmissible, or that the prosecution case was not conclusive, but that would be as far as I could go.

But I have to say that this situation is so rare that I have never come across it, or even come close to it."

How on earth can you bring yourself to defend child abusers and rapists?

Very easily indeed. It’s not my job to judge either the law or my clients’ morals.

The alternative to a criminal justice system is a lynch mob, and it is remarkable how readily righteous indignation, often by those who are far from righteous in their own lives,  can spill over into orgies of violence. .

People accused of such things are not always guilty. Arguments rage about how many false accusations there are of such crimes; we simply don’t know, but undeniably there are some. The consequences of being falsely accused do not need spelling out.

But even if they are rightly accused we do not want mobs baying their guilt outside as they lob petrol bombs through the windows, and what is more very often the wrong windows as with the Portsmouth mobthat mistook a respectable paediatrician for a paedophile. We want proper, fair courts where guilt can be conclusively demonstrated.

Courts are only fair, certainly in an adversarial system, if both sides can argue their cases as firmly and as persuasively as possible. That means good lawyers, including defence lawyers, arguing in front of good judges. Little is more revolting than the spectacle, as in Soviet Russia, of lick-spittle “defence” lawyers parading their own disgust at the criminal instead of trying to defend him.

tbf i think the guy just realised he was wasting his time arguing with numpties rather than you "ran him off the board"  :D

Simple Simon

« Reply #3394 on: June 26, 2017, 01:00:40 PM »
maybe technically speaking, but in practice it would be nigh on impossible for a lawyer to offer an any way meaningful defense to a client that has admitted guilt without perjuring himself. read the below a lawyer being asked this very question.

also read the bit below that quite interesting for all the numpties that were giving the lawyer dude sht.

"I mean, say they said to you “I did it, but I want you to get me off.” How could you defend such a person?

This is how. First, I would say:

“The evidence is strong and because we can’t contradict it, you haven’t got a chance. I can’t accuse witnesses X, Y & Z of lying because they’re obviously telling the truth. I can’t call you into the witness box to tell a pack of lies. The virtually inevitable consequence of pleading not guilty is that you will be convicted by the jury (or magistrates) and your sentence will be much tougher. You really ought to plead guilty.”

Faced with that sort of advice 999 of these defendants out of 1000 will realise that the game is up and plead guilty.

You’re still evading the question, just like every other slippery lawyer I’ve ever met. What of the one in a thousand who won’t plead guilty. Would you still represent him?

Yes I would, but without doing any of the dishonest things like accusing the witnesses of lying, or calling a defendant to tell an admitted pack of lies. All I could really do would be what is known as “put the prosecution to proof.” I could argue that certain evidence was inadmissible, or that the prosecution case was not conclusive, but that would be as far as I could go.

But I have to say that this situation is so rare that I have never come across it, or even come close to it."

How on earth can you bring yourself to defend child abusers and rapists?

Very easily indeed. It’s not my job to judge either the law or my clients’ morals.

The alternative to a criminal justice system is a lynch mob, and it is remarkable how readily righteous indignation, often by those who are far from righteous in their own lives,  can spill over into orgies of violence. .

People accused of such things are not always guilty. Arguments rage about how many false accusations there are of such crimes; we simply don’t know, but undeniably there are some. The consequences of being falsely accused do not need spelling out.

But even if they are rightly accused we do not want mobs baying their guilt outside as they lob petrol bombs through the windows, and what is more very often the wrong windows as with the Portsmouth mobthat mistook a respectable paediatrician for a paedophile. We want proper, fair courts where guilt can be conclusively demonstrated.

Courts are only fair, certainly in an adversarial system, if both sides can argue their cases as firmly and as persuasively as possible. That means good lawyers, including defence lawyers, arguing in front of good judges. Little is more revolting than the spectacle, as in Soviet Russia, of lick-spittle “defence” lawyers parading their own disgust at the criminal instead of trying to defend him.

tbf i think the guy just realised he was wasting his time arguing with numpties rather than you "ran him off the board"  :D

How does the lawyer know his client is telling the truth when he says he did it?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #3395 on: June 26, 2017, 01:22:15 PM »
Boom

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #3396 on: June 26, 2017, 01:55:36 PM »
O

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #3397 on: June 26, 2017, 01:57:02 PM »
I am building a 1963 Corvette Pro Street

Carzzz
O

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #3398 on: June 26, 2017, 01:58:20 PM »
My surprise birthday gift to my Dad

Bently for the haterz
O

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #3399 on: June 26, 2017, 08:21:52 PM »
Several of us told Harley in the beginning not to be so open and that he would get ran off the board, he didn't listen.