Author Topic: White Privilege  (Read 16169 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: White Privilege
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2015, 09:08:45 AM »
Progressive teachings like this are ruining our universities by making issues out of non-issues. This is what we're paying for.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2015, 09:51:03 AM »
Not in the 50s and 60s. No.

Mortgage discrimination was a well known practice that occurred at the time. These are just facts. Does it happen today? I can't say. It may, but even if it does, im sure it's much much less than it was at the time and may not happen at all.

Such nonsense. Jesus, we're seriously mining 1950 for 2015 excuses; meanwhile, Asians of every brand hop off a boat and figure shit out before the seasickness even wears off.

Bottom line: rationalizing and enabling NEVER SOLVE ANYTHING. One episode of Intervention should clear that up. Fix the fucking family and focus on school, the rest is just bullshit.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2015, 09:55:23 AM »
Such nonsense. Jesus, we're seriously mining 1950 for 2015 excuses; meanwhile, Asians of every brand hop off a boat and figure shit out before the seasickness even wears off.

Bottom line: rationalizing and enabling NEVER SOLVE ANYTHING. One episode of Intervention should clear that up. Fix the fucking family and focus on school, the rest is just bullshit.

this

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »

Did you also not read all of the other shit I wrote?

I am not mining for excuses. I'm simply laying out the fact that there has been and it has ramifications to this day. That's just a fact.

This is not rationalizing. I lay absolutely a shit ton of blame on the black community for not actually striving to do better. I even said "the family and community issues" in a previous post.

I said ALL that shit.

It doesn't negate the fact there is to this day, because of history, white privilege.

It amazes me how white people only seem to read one side and black people only seem to read the other side of the same exact fucking post.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2015, 10:40:54 AM »
In the 1950s and 60s?

No... By then, the racism was clearly on skin color, much less on the premise of ones religious up bringing.

Remember, no one thought that a Catholic would be President in the turn of the century, yet Kennedy was a Catholic President by 1960.

Look, I'm interracial. Don't get me wrong. I look white and I believe it's helped me in dealings with law enforcement and loans and the like. My brother was renting a house from someone and the owner told him that they were looking for the "right kind of people" , and he was happy to see that my brother fit the bill. (He's actually a shade darker than I am)

Here's the thing though. It exists, but it's not an excuse for the way that the black community lets itself get destroyed from within.

Perpetuating gang violence still? Why? No reason.
Allowing prison culture to permeate the community at large? That's ridiculous.
Having more respect for someone who recently got out of jail than someone who got out of college? Insanity.
Not taking care of their families. - I have 2 kids. They live kind of far away, but I fly across country every month to be a father and take care of them. I do it because 1. I love them and 2. My own mother would disown me if I was not a part of my kid's lives. (That's not true, she would probably beat me with a baseball bat for being a deadbeat though.)

Where is the black community standing up and shouting for their own men to take care of their families. Stop having a bunch of kids you aren't taking care of. Women who have 10 kids by 5 different fathers. This is also insanity.

Certainly while it's true that the "white man" has systematically oppressed the black communities previously, that does not mean that the black communities aren't also systematically oppressing themselves.

They are.

Good post

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2015, 10:47:32 AM »
White people.... just something about them... like a breath of fresh air... so refreshing. I cant quite put my finger on it.

Uh, that is an Aboringal woman (and not a great example) vs a model with a lot of make up.
Try comparing like with like.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2015, 10:50:37 AM »

Welp, yes it is

Looks like Tim Meadows from SNL

Drawing, not a photograph. And was that the style of clothing worn at that time? Is that a verifiable drawing of the person?
There is another, and he looks different. Or is this of Mr. Casor?
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/08/the-first-legal-slave-owner-in-what-would-become-the-united-states-was-a-black-man/

http://blackthen.com/was-the-first-slave-owner-in-america-was-a-black-man/

Zillotch, Abos aren't African.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2015, 10:57:21 AM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2015, 11:02:42 AM »
Most social issues are the result of self and other. The self doesn't exist without the other and the other doesn't exist without the self. To take either out of equation is simplifying the issue and reducing problems to one variable, which it hardly ever is.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2015, 11:07:04 AM »
Most social issues are a results of self and other. The self doesn't exist without the other and the other doesn't exist without the self. To take either out of equation is simplifying the issue and reducing problems to one variable, which it hardly ever is.
People don't think like that. It seems like there is a possible political agenda to keep people from thinking like that, so that you can keep people thinking that they are victims. Votes and money. The victim industry brings in lot of money. And keeping people in the victim mindset, means that they are easier to manipulate. How do any of us feel like when we are a victim, or have been wronged? Now add in some entity that tells us that we are victims, and they will make it right. That entity gains power.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2015, 11:10:02 AM »
Zillotch, Abos aren't African.

So? This thread is focussed on White People.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2015, 11:44:20 AM »
I read your post in its entirety multiple times over because you seem to be one of the more level headed guys on this board even though I don't agree with your political stances on most issues.

I cited the parts I disagreed wiith, as I grew up in the south and have seen blacks lack accountability for their actions and always point towards racism before analyzing what else might be the root cause.  You  stated that you think you get treated better because you don't look as black, and your brother received preferential treatment for the same reason.  The problem is you are jumping to conclusions based on zero evidence and it is says a lot about your opinion of the general white population,  that you think you would get treated vastly different if you were darker.

It's been my experience that blacks are more racist towards mixed people such as yourself and blacks are more openly racist in general.  Take this board for example.  Blacks whine about the racism that exist on this board amongst white members, yet a relatively small population of this white board post racist stuff.  On the otherhand, almost every single openly black member post racially charged subject matter.

Black have an entitlement attitude as a whole, and as such have a chip on their shoulder as you seem to do.  Every time something doesn't go their/your way, you assume racism to be the culprit.  

You are very narrow minded in that you think not looking like a negro is the only reason you get treated better than other blacks when it likely has more to do with your individual attitude
As TuHolmes put it, it is a combination of things. And black folk have a hand in it as well.
Also, depending on how they look, or raised. Mixed people are either seen as better than, prettier than,just like them. In some sense there maybe some distrust or jealousy issues. Look at how Nene called that one girl on a show a "Half Breed".
And look how Halle Berry is treated as well. And Shemar Moore.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2015, 12:25:29 PM »
Where do albinos stand in all of this?

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2015, 12:34:15 PM »

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2015, 12:39:50 PM »
Most social issues are the result of self and other. The self doesn't exist without the other and the other doesn't exist without the self. To take either out of equation is simplifying the issue and reducing problems to one variable, which it hardly ever is.

this comment is about 10 levels of abstraction beyond the comprehension ability of the audience...ahyuck ahyuck

but anyway such is the problem that arises with the term "white", it is inherently exclusionary and creates such confusion about what is a very simple concept. In truth what we are observing is class privilege. It's reasons such as this why I support the elimination of the white race as the final solution to this problem ;D

"

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2015, 12:49:13 PM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2015, 02:59:10 PM »
"Jesus would have told them to get off their fucking asses and get a job" - 33386/Soul Crusher

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2015, 03:29:08 PM »
As TuHolmes put it, it is a combination of things. And black folk have a hand in it as well.
Also, depending on how they look, or raised. Mixed people are either seen as better than, prettier than,just like them. In some sense there maybe some distrust or jealousy issues. Look at how Nene called that one girl on a show a "Half Breed".
And look how Halle Berry is treated as well. And Shemar Moore.

What about this guy?

Remember how women all over (white and black) were dropping panties for this guy's photo, and he was going to PRISON.

Definitely would not have happened if he looked more like this:

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2015, 03:53:38 PM »
What about this guy?

Remember how women all over (white and black) were dropping panties for this guy's photo, and he was going to PRISON.

Definitely would not have happened if he looked more like this:

One guy is handsome, the other not so much.  What is your point?  Women like nice looking men.

Lose the chip on your shoulder.  Most.white people don't judge based on color

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2015, 04:02:44 PM »

One guy is handsome, the other not so much.  What is your point?  Women like nice looking men.

Lose the chip on your shoulder.  Most.white people don't judge based on color
One guy is handsome and a part of that is because his skin is lighter... That's just the way people judge looks. Most people find lighter skinned people better looking than darker skin. That's just how it goes.

Also, women didn't care he was going to Prison... PRISON, because he was "better looking" as you put it.

Also, I do not have a "chip". Never have. How does anything I've even posted resemble a "chip"?

Please show me this... I'll wait.

You keep saying I have a "chip on my shoulder", but I don't think you even know what that means.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2015, 04:11:38 PM »
One guy is handsome and a part of that is because his skin is lighter... That's just the way people judge looks. Most people find lighter skinned people better looking than darker skin. That's just how it goes.

Also, women didn't care he was going to Prison... PRISON, because he was "better looking" as you put it.

Also, I do not have a "chip". Never have. How does anything I've even posted resemble a "chip"?

You keep saying I have a "chip on my shoulder", but I don't think you even know what that means.

It was a combo of things---he has a chiseled jawline, and the light skin, and the blue eyes. And the bad boy image. Depending on who is commenting---the light skin and blue eyes make him more attractive because the default for attractiveness is white and him being mixed makes him closer to that.
Now, there have been dark skinned black men who have chiseled facial features and are ripped up, and they get the same or more response. Because black people have been defined or represent the "physical". So, said man will be sexualized.

As Josephine Baker once said "The white imagination sure is something when it comes to blacks"

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2015, 04:17:36 PM »

You stated that you think people were only less racist towards you because you don't look black.  You also stated that your brother was allowed to rent property because he wasn't darker. It's pretty clear cut that you go into situations expecting the worst outcome (being judged for your race).

You have no proof that people only treat you better because you are light skinned.  You are just speculating, as does the same apply to your brother's situation.  You claim on here to be as kind/reasonable in person as you are on here and I suspect that has more to do with how you are treated.  

Btw, I'll add that you are well liked on this board, and it isn't my intent to insult you as I do some of the other members.  Some of us are just getting sick of the white guilt.  That's a real term too.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2015, 04:25:43 PM »
You stated that you think people were only less racist towards you because you don't look black.  You also stated that your brother was allowed to rent property because he wasn't darker. It's pretty clear cut that you go into situations expecting the worst outcome (being judged for your race).

You have no proof that people only treat you better because you are light skinned.  You are just speculating, as does the same apply to your brother's situation.  You claim on here to be as kind/reasonable in person as you are on here and I suspect that has more to do with how you are treated.  

Btw, I'll add that you are well liked on this board, and it isn't my intent to insult you as I do some of the other members.  Some of us are just getting sick of the white guilt.  That's a real term too.

I do not go into situations expecting to be judged on my race, but it does happen. I have instances where black people have changed their tone and conversation around me once they realized that the person standing next to me who was black was my Aunt or what have you. I have had instances where cousins or what have you have been treated harshly until I happened to walk up and interject myself into the conversation. This is just things that have happened.

Both sides do it.

I make statements based on personal experience. That's what we, as people, do.

That is not a chip. That's a statement. It doesn't mean that I have a predisposition towards anyone. That's what a chip really is, having a predisposition. Which I don't have. I take people individually and always have.

If having a common sense response is a "chip" then our definitions are completely different.

Sure, white guilt exists, I would not suggest otherwise, but until we can have an honest dialog about race relations in the US, we are not going to get anywhere as a society.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2015, 04:45:50 PM »
White Guilt? LOL

It's good to be King :D

Exactly, if anything one should feel "grateful " or just lucky 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2015, 10:56:29 PM »
Did you also not read all of the other shit I wrote?

I am not mining for excuses. I'm simply laying out the fact that there has been and it has ramifications to this day. That's just a fact.

This is not rationalizing. I lay absolutely a shit ton of blame on the black community for not actually striving to do better. I even said "the family and community issues" in a previous post.

I said ALL that shit.

It doesn't negate the fact there is to this day, because of history, white privilege.

It amazes me how white people only seem to read one side and black people only seem to read the other side of the same exact fucking post.

No, only read the shit I quoted, which was nonsense. In Century 21, "White Privilege," as it's spun, is total horseshit; so acknowledging it exists is rationalizing. That, too, is just a fact.

America has a somewhat promising success model: family, education, and hard fucking work. Generally speaking, some ride it to the top, some make out just ok, and some ignore it altogether then cry "privilege" at those who didn't. This here should really be the extent of that "honest discussion" everyone pretends we should have.

Two-term black president, man, yet we're STILL citing historical ugliness and such as legitimate obstacles. Hard to swallow, but SO not surprised.