Author Topic: UFC 193  (Read 65308 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: UFC 193
« Reply #350 on: November 16, 2015, 10:20:38 AM »
He throws down money like that because he has it. The average pathological gambler throws down way more percentage wise of their income and grow broke. As William Bennet said when he was blasted for gambling, "I'm blowing the lunch money."

I didn't know that being a big time gambler automatically makes you corrupt. And I don't know how easy it is to pay off everybody and buy off the whole drug testing organization. It's not like the same doctor draws the blood and everything goes through his hands. When I take a blood test it is immediately taped over, marked and sealed. A person I know who does compete in MMA said that he also has to initial the label containing his blood. And I'm not sure how easy it is for the doctor to take the vial to a private area, and switch it with tainted drug infested blood (where would he get that and store it?) and then send it out. Or maybe they have to locate each time a drug is tested who is actually doing the testing and pay them off. And the notion that everyone is corrupt and would always keep their mouth shut.

Corruption eventually comes out. Someone is going to talk.

The UFC would survive and be prosperous no matter if Rhonda won or Holly. Same with everybody else. Corruption will eventually catch up with them. The UFC doesn't need to cheat  to succeed. They already have. No one fighter carries the venue. And there's constantly new faces (and old) coming on the scene to stir things up.

what about lance armstrong??  there is no way in hell he could pass 7 years of  tour de france blood testing without cooperation from the federation.   if he was drugged and passing the tests on an ongoing bases it is because they were in control of it , not the athlete.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #351 on: November 16, 2015, 10:39:22 AM »
what about lance armstrong??  there is no way in hell he could pass 7 years of  tour de france blood testing without cooperation from the federation.   if he was drugged and passing the tests on an ongoing bases it is because they were in control of it , not the athlete.

I don't know. He was caught. Why would the Federation give him a pass but not others. Why would they risk being exposed? Why hasn't Lance Armstrong said anything. His life was ruined because of it.

Also, I don't think it was as huge an issue as it is now nor do I think drug testing was as sophisticated. Marion Jone and others passed as well. You have to look for a specific compound and she was using one that was developed specifically to pass a drug test. Maybe Lance was doing so as well. I don't know if there's ever been a case where the testing organization was found to be corrupt. You would think someone would have said something by now.

It's really a moot point anyway. People will always believe there is corruption and the game is fixed when things don't do their way. As long as they keep watching and paying it really doesn't matter. Unless someone can actually prove something it's business as usual.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #352 on: November 17, 2015, 12:28:39 AM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #353 on: November 17, 2015, 12:37:21 AM »
Rogan and Dana White podcast on the plain right after the fight

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/dana-white-tony-hinchcliffe

Simple Simon

« Reply #354 on: November 17, 2015, 12:46:21 AM »
I don't know. He was caught. Why would the Federation give him a pass but not others. Why would they risk being exposed? Why hasn't Lance Armstrong said anything. His life was ruined because of it.

Also, I don't think it was as huge an issue as it is now nor do I think drug testing was as sophisticated. Marion Jone and others passed as well. You have to look for a specific compound and she was using one that was developed specifically to pass a drug test. Maybe Lance was doing so as well. I don't know if there's ever been a case where the testing organization was found to be corrupt. You would think someone would have said something by now.

It's really a moot point anyway. People will always believe there is corruption and the game is fixed when things don't do their way. As long as they keep watching and paying it really doesn't matter. Unless someone can actually prove something it's business as usual.

No he wasn't, he never failed a drug test, he only admitted it when the FEDS started looking at fraud.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #355 on: November 17, 2015, 02:42:27 AM »
Rogan and Dana White podcast on the plain right after the fight

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/dana-white-tony-hinchcliffe

Dana's not the brightest man, but, eventually he'll figure that Holm is a good looking woman and can be promoted as easily as Rousey, and the latter will quickly be yesterday's news.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: November 17, 2015, 03:32:59 AM »
No he wasn't, he never failed a drug test, he only admitted it when the FEDS started looking at fraud.

I stand corrected. I shouldn't comment on things that I really did not follow closely. What fraud did the Feds look for?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: November 17, 2015, 03:34:59 AM »
Dana's not the brightest man, but, eventually he'll figure that Holm is a good looking woman and can be promoted as easily as Rousey, and the latter will quickly be yesterday's news.

Dana not that bright? Really? The UFC was going down hill fast before White took over and turned it into a billion dollar industry.

You don't get to his position by being dumb.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #358 on: November 17, 2015, 03:57:32 AM »
Dana not that bright? Really? The UFC was going down hill fast before White took over and turned it into a billion dollar industry.

You don't get to his position by being dumb.

He's dumb by GetBig standards. If you can't see that then you don't belong here.  :P
a

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: November 17, 2015, 05:25:38 AM »

hot. holly. is. fine ass. hell
A

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: November 17, 2015, 07:47:41 AM »
hot. holly. is. fine ass. hell
shes not particularly pretty but aside from being a hard body she carries herself well, very attractive

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #361 on: November 17, 2015, 07:55:38 AM »

He was protected by the powers that be in various ways, it's been documented at great length by many journalists etc. There were so many inappropritate things that happened between him and the different cycling and testing organizations involved.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #362 on: November 17, 2015, 08:01:54 AM »
Holly's clitoral development is up for discussion  :P

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #363 on: November 17, 2015, 09:37:01 AM »
"Rousey only got beat because Holm was on steroids..."

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/holly-holm-endorses-company-which-made-banned-peds-111715

FOX news getting in on the fun now.  Damage control. 

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: November 17, 2015, 09:59:25 AM »

I thought she had black shorts on at the weigh in.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: November 17, 2015, 11:21:41 AM »
He was protected by the powers that be in various ways, it's been documented at great length by many journalists etc. There were so many inappropritate things that happened between him and the different cycling and testing organizations involved.

I concede.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: November 17, 2015, 11:31:16 AM »
I concede.

I believe it is the same with marquee athletes in any sport.   a swimmer that trained at my gym competed in the 88 Olympics in korea. he said  an official came running out and said ' one Canadian and five Americans failed the drug test, including carl lewis!!'

when the press conference happened an hour later it stated that ben Johnson of Canada was the only athlete to fail.

years later lewis admitted to peds

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #367 on: November 17, 2015, 11:33:27 AM »

want to wag my tongue over it

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: November 17, 2015, 12:45:22 PM »
http://nypost.com/2015/11/17/ronda-rousey-hides-from-cameras-in-return-to-la/

Says RR had plastic surgery. They should stop the Road House re-make immediately.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: November 17, 2015, 01:13:27 PM »
http://nypost.com/2015/11/17/ronda-rousey-hides-from-cameras-in-return-to-la/

Says RR had plastic surgery. They should stop the Road House re-make immediately.

dana white downplayed it, saying they get all their top fighters plastic surgery as a normal doc is only concerned with stopping the bleeding, not asthetics or minimizing scar tissue

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #370 on: November 17, 2015, 02:19:12 PM »
What kind of fighter hides their face like that. This woman is more fucked in the head then previously thought. You got you fucking ass kicked in front of the world. Get in front of the camera and face it. Bitch move going into hiding...

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #371 on: November 17, 2015, 02:44:21 PM »
Every other fighter is made do the ufc press conference win or lose and face the media.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: November 17, 2015, 02:47:20 PM »
Every other fighter is made do the ufc press conference win or lose and face the media.

Exactly and people wonder why she is such a prima donna..she is treated like one!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: November 17, 2015, 02:57:25 PM »

Exactly and people wonder why she is such a prima donna..she is treated like one!

another strange thing is.... dana has stated immediately after fights that a fighter failed the test and he knew before the fight but held off announcing til after.  why was holm being tested during the press conference, and had dana ever said that before at a press conference??

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #374 on: November 17, 2015, 03:01:17 PM »
another strange thing is.... dana has stated immediately after fights that a fighter failed the test and he knew before the fight but held off announcing til after.  why was holm being tested during the press conference, and had dana ever said that before at a press conference??
New drug test measures USADA or something, maybe different practices than previous testing bodies. Plus this was in Australia so maybe they do it different there