Author Topic: It's official: Shizzo is once again enjoying adult beverages.  (Read 80565 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: It's official: Shizzo is once again enjoying adult beverages.
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2015, 01:14:16 PM »
I used to believe that addiction was not some sort of mental illness until even recently when I started looking at the history of addiction prior to what we call treatment centres and rehabs(which to be honest are kinda glamorized in tv, media etc). They used to put chronic alcoholics and addicts who crossed that line of not being able to stop into mental institutions.
Chronic Addiction=Insanity. Insane people= get committed the nuthouse or equivalent eventually unless they become able to stop with supports, both with community and medical in some cases.

In the end though it really does not matter why or how a person becomes addicted, once addicted, they can never consume normally again period no matter how much they try or how much everyone thinks it's all about discipline etc.

I have a shit ton of discipline btw, only thing is when I drank my sole discipline was that to the expense of everything else, and sober I am discipline towards pretty much everything else to the expense of drinking lol.

You need to understand only one thing: WHat is alcohol (or drugs)? It is a way to change the STATE of being for a person. What state ppl want to change to? A BETTER one, of course. Why does they feel bad to begin with? That is the million dollar question. They can't control the drinking because they can't control themselves in a first place, their life, or some aspects of their life that makes them feel bad (== weak). Weak person is a depressed person, and wants to change the STATE. It's either alcohol or antidepressants. When none of these help anymore - suicide follows.
 I have one very good example in my far family tree. Dude has been drinking for...idk twenty years, heavy drinking, living in a suburban area, etc... One day he met a female, fell in love, quess what - he did not drink for like half a year, till the new love evaporated. In other words - he was getting the good state from other source at that time, so no need to change it (to a better one, because it is good already).
 This is a very simple concept actually that most people doesn't understand. You can't cure from the lack of skills in life (or some area of it), at the best case - you can help a person to learn to overcome his struggles. That's why "once an alcoholic - always an alcoholic", the cause is not being "cured". WHen people get success in AA meetings (which is very rare), they usualy find a way to get a "buzz" (anothe rartificial state) from believing in god. Take a look at deeply religious people, you will find out that most of them are weak individuals and their depression is being "cured" by religion. Better than alcohol of course.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2015, 02:25:27 PM »
Drunken Shizzo owning tiny tits with a few shots of MD 20/20.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
You need to understand only one thing: WHat is alcohol (or drugs)? It is a way to change the STATE of being for a person. What state ppl want to change to? A BETTER one, of course. Why does they feel bad to begin with? That is the million dollar question. They can't control the drinking because they can't control themselves in a first place, their life, or some aspects of their life that makes them feel bad (== weak). Weak person is a depressed person, and wants to change the STATE. It's either alcohol or antidepressants. When none of these help anymore - suicide follows.
 I have one very good example in my far family tree. Dude has been drinking for...idk twenty years, heavy drinking, living in a suburban area, etc... One day he met a female, fell in love, quess what - he did not drink for like half a year, till the new love evaporated. In other words - he was getting the good state from other source at that time, so no need to change it (to a better one, because it is good already).
 This is a very simple concept actually that most people doesn't understand. You can't cure from the lack of skills in life (or some area of it), at the best case - you can help a person to learn to overcome his struggles. That's why "once an alcoholic - always an alcoholic", the cause is not being "cured". WHen people get success in AA meetings (which is very rare), they usualy find a way to get a "buzz" (anothe rartificial state) from believing in god. Take a look at deeply religious people, you will find out that most of them are weak individuals and their depression is being "cured" by religion. Better than alcohol of course.

You need to understand  something, you are not an alcoholic/addict, don't know what it's like to be one no matter how much you read or what you experience from the other side of the fence, what you think works or does not work or whether someone is weak or not in your opinion. You don't know, won't know unless you are one, and that is even if your own blood and kin explains it too.

It would be like someone who was molested by a bunch of priests trying to get people to TRULY understand what they went through and what it has done to their mind.

Anyways I am not going to debate addiction/alcoholism with people who haven't gone through what me and a few others did to overcome. I would rather choose to respectfully agree to disagree because it's a useless argument.

Bottom line someone  is addict/alcoholic. Stop doing it, get forward with help etc from there. All starts and finishes with abstinence. Everything else whatever a person choose to explore to stay clean along with the who,what,when,where and why,s are moot unless abstinence is in place
"

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2015, 05:08:06 PM »
You need to understand  something, you are not an alcoholic/addict, don't know what it's like to be one no matter how much you read or what you experience from the other side of the fence, what you think works or does not work or whether someone is weak or not in your opinion. You don't know, won't know unless you are one, and that is even if your own blood and kin explains it too.

A person who drinks constantly is trying to feel "better". Correct? The question remains - what was that made said person feel constantly "bad" to begin with? I've  literally have not seen a single alcoholic who has had all his ducks in a row. I know many people who constantly get shitfaced, but if there's a job on monday, they won't touch a glass on sunday, no matter how much they drank the last night and so on. And pretty much every single one of alcoholics that I personally know (I'm actually trying to remember all ppl with this problem that I know), every single of them has had some kind of discomfort in one or many areas of their life, that they weren't able to manage no matter what. Be it money, love or other stuff, it was always clear there are deep issues for these people. When they become "addicted" (because they havent managed to get enough of a natural rush from being succesfull/balanced/achieving individual) they downregulate the receptors even more, the motivation to change something is affected even more, and so the negative feedback cycle begins.

It is possible to "cure" alcoholism and to be able to drink casually for an alcoholic, but he'd need to LEARN how to get pleasure from doing well in every day bussiness, relathionships, goals, etc... This is the part where it gets very complicated - it's nearly impossible for most people. So I agree - staying sober is the way (but not the only one. Read an article I posted a few posts back). It is a "shortcut" to achieve that sense of "wellness" without putting in effort (aka - trying to survive in this shithole earth), a way to calm down the anxiety and sadness when nothing good is happening, or nothing good is happening in a certain area which is very important for a given individual.

This is a reason, BTW, why in rehab centers, heavy drug users, heroin addicts and so on, are being taught how "to live", how to work, how to form connections with other people. It is very bad when society think that alcohol is a source of the issue, in this case it doesn't try to eradicate the roots of an issue, and that is - social/psychological issue, not merely a physical one. Chronically depressed ppl are searching for a relief, that IS normal, but they are searching in a wrong way. And humans or animals become depressed when they feel weak..

I'm not to argue with you, I'm just trying to add some common sense in this discussion.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2015, 04:59:46 AM »
Damn, just damn :-\

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2015, 05:45:28 AM »
Damn, just damn :-\
I will be fine, buddy. Did not drink yesterday and I wont drink today.

Moderation.  ;)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2015, 09:58:32 AM »
I will be fine, buddy. Did not drink yesterday and I wont drink today.

Moderation.  ;)

I hope so

good luck genuinely

alcohol can ruin lives
T

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2015, 10:05:26 AM »
Alright, 6 shots in total. I am done for the evening.

Have faith Princess.....  :-*

6 shots? You're already starting to drink heavily. I don't know many people who are casual drinkers who will down 6 shots of hard liquor. Only at a wedding or HUGE celebration.

You did well for staying sober this long, Shizzo. Hope you can get sober again.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2015, 10:08:25 AM »
A lot of addiction experts in this thread.  :D ??? ??? :-\ :-X
X

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2015, 01:12:44 PM »
6 shots? You're already starting to drink heavily. I don't know many people who are casual drinkers who will down 6 shots of hard liquor. Only at a wedding or HUGE celebration.

You did well for staying sober this long, Shizzo. Hope you can get sober again.
The whole point is to get a buzz. Having 1 or 2 shots would be a waste of time.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2015, 01:19:10 PM »
Shizzo, you should keep a journal with it.  That's supposed to be the key for success, and it makes sense.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2015, 01:19:23 PM »
Shaun, you're messing with your willpower.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2015, 01:31:38 PM »
I hope so

good luck genuinely

alcohol can ruin lives
Appreciate the well wishes.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2015, 03:02:52 PM »
RIP
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2015, 03:08:36 PM »
RIP
May I ask why you moved this thread?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »
No
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2015, 03:29:15 PM »
No
Sounds like a legit reason to me.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2015, 06:40:03 PM »
Sounds like a legit reason to me.

Meltdown.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2015, 04:21:51 AM »
Words to the wise: I thought after a year + without alcohol, that my tolerance level would be next to nothing. It is actually the opposite in my opinion. Seems like I can throw back shots even more now. 

Definitely defeats the purpose of moderation if you can spread 20 shots throughout a day.

I will definitely have to closely monitor this latest development.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2015, 02:20:14 PM »
Alright, as someone suggested earlier in this thread, I will treat this thread as a journal of sorts. As stated earlier, my goal is to prove that drinking in moderation can work.

I plan on drinking only 2 to 3 days a week. I have now decided that I should be flexible in this approach, so it can be any combination of days within a 7 day period. Each week will begin on a Monday, and end on Sunday.

Last week I drank on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.

This week I skipped Monday, and I am currently drinking today (Tuesday). The goal is to obviously not exceed the 3 days in a week goal.

Please feel free to add whatever feedback you desire. Nothing will be deleted. All advice and comments are appreciated.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2015, 02:29:11 PM »
;D

Its what I did when I got home from work today. Instead, I only got one bottle.

Huh? Are you saying you usually buy more than one? -Pint, fifth or oversized?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2015, 02:31:43 PM »
Mix it? Lol, I think it tastes damn good on its own.

I'm with you when it comes to good whisky, bourbon or scotch. I have mine neat.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2015, 02:36:36 PM »
Huh? Are you saying you usually buy more than one? -Pint, fifth or oversized?
No I was commenting about the gif of Cage putting multiple bottles into his cart.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2015, 06:33:31 PM »
No I was commenting about the gif of Cage putting multiple bottles into his cart.

That was a very depressing film.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2015, 01:57:49 PM »
I never said it couldn't be back to back nights either.........