Author Topic: Travel restrictions on Muslims really outrageous?  (Read 26441 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Travel restrictions on Muslims really outrageous?
« on: December 08, 2015, 01:18:26 AM »
Remember the Cold War? The Iron Curtain.

Travel between the West and the Eastern Bloc countries were severely restricted. Of course if you lived in a Communist Country you weren't allowed to just leave. That's what the Berlin War was for. That's why one of my cousins was shot trying to cross the Mekong river.

And if a Westerner should want to visit the Soviet Union or Poland or East Germany or Romania... you had to show very good reason, wasn't easy to do, and were watched very closely. You were not allowed to simply go out on your own.

The reason was that we were at war. We have to accept the grim  reality that we can't really be allies with any existing government in the Middle East keeping minimal, and frosty ties, on an official level.
We should not expect such reciprocal exchanges with countries that are either theocratic or autocratic, nor should students or intellectuals from undemocratic countries of the presently constituted Middle East should come to the United States.  

Just as there was an Iron Curtain there has to be an Iron Veil. At least, if you believe we are at war.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Travel restrictions on Muslims really outrageous?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 01:27:21 AM »
Maybe we should stop toppling arab leaders who know how to keep their people in check.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 02:01:58 AM »
Maybe we should stop toppling arab leaders who know how to keep their people in check.

lol if we stopped doing that the news would have no choice but to start reporting about the issues at home. Imagine, without this overseas coverage the news would have to cover the american poor, the non stop crime with or without guns, the corruption etc.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 02:12:16 AM »
Big Ramy will be barred from competing at the Olympia. :'(

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 02:22:25 AM »

Nothing is easier than to second guess and what should or should not have been done in the past. We can't go back in time. The question is, what should be done now?

And do you honestly believe that if we didn't support the Shah of Iran, ended our support of Israel, never invaded Iraq or Afghanistan, let Kuwait be annexed by Iraq, ended all involvement in the Middle East, that they would leave us alone?

They don't hate us for we we do. They hate us for what we are. What did France do to the Muslims other than welcome them into their country?

What do the conflicts in Afghanistan, Kuwait, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Kosovo have in common? America supporting and defending Muslims.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 03:49:36 AM »
Yes, we should all go back to our "corners" for a few hundred years to let the sides cool off. Pity this world isn't any bigger.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 06:21:05 AM »

We put Saddam in place.

We trained the first WTC bombers during the proxy war with Russia.

We supplied the WMDs used against the Kurds.

We encouraged the Kurd coup and backed out.

Our own "Left Behind" reading whackjobs drive domestic and foreign policy.

We (as a culture) can't understand that things don't occur in a vacuum.

I wonder if it's even possible to weed-out ISIS (and other douchebag groups) without putting serious troops on the ground.

I also doubt we have the stomach to take out the clerics radicalizing folks and tolerate the level of collateral damage it would take to instill fear in anyone who would aid/tolerate radicals in their presence. You'd need a psychopath that didn't care about being reelected and a military willing to ignore the Geneva Convention.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 06:29:07 AM »

Definitely!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 06:33:20 AM »
My position on Islam has changed and I admit that I was completely wrong.  

I used to feel like I do in the following posts:

Fed into what?   Spare you the b.s.?  Television hogwash?   Huh??

I presented the general concensus concerning how muslims are perceived.  

The vast majority are god-fearing, peaceful and devout Muslims.  Regardless of religion, faith, community, culture, etc....any people practicing peace rarely find themselves in the headlines nationally or internationally.

The much, much smaller sect of Islam are the more outspoken Muslims who are considered radical because they defend their beliefs loudly and passionately.  It's not that they are wrong, but they are atypical Muslims representing the Muslim majority....they take a stand publically when others won't or can't.   Hence we get the "Muslim Rage Boy".   He attends many a Muslim rally and his pictures depict him as angry and violent, but that doens't mean he is....gotta read between the lines.

This leaves us with the smallest class of Muslims.  The criminally-insane extremists that don't represent the Muslim majority or the radicals, but scare the hell out of both worldwide populations of Muslims and non-Muslims alike.  Although small in numbers, these folks murder the innocent and committ any atrocity that allows them to meet a desired end....their motives are clearly based in insanity and the damage they inflict is horrific.   Extremists aren't just Muslim though, they exist in many different groups, faiths and communities.  

Muslim extremists are on a definite warpath and I have no doubt they will not be stopped by the United States, the UN or anyone or anything.

Just a sad, sad state of affairs watching the evil of men be unfolded and played out before our eyes.   People do so many stupid, evil things.

Again, there is nothing that can control the spread of Islam and the further persecution of any of religion, theology or non-Islamic way of thinking.

ALTHOUGH, I do not hate Muslims and find that most Muslims are not part of the extremist sect.  They are typically loving folks.  I pray that Jesus Christ can be correctly represented in their lives and that they can come to understand who he truly is.

Today, I feel that the majority of the kind, loving Muslims are basically nominal Muslims that love Allah, love Islam and follow Muhammad but only to a point.  In essence, ISIS represents true Islam and there are no "extremists".  What was formerly defined as "extremist" is basically your average Muslim.  That said, Islam is basically composed of true Muslims and nominal Muslims that do not follow the Quranic teachings.  ISIS represents Islam while the other billion folks are just "playing Islam" as it suits their personal tastes.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 06:34:48 AM »

Travel between the West and the Eastern Bloc countries were severely restricted. Of course if you lived in a Communist Country you weren't allowed to just leave. That's what the Berlin War was for. That's why one of my cousins was shot trying to cross the Mekong river.

And if a Westerner should want to visit the Soviet Union or Poland or East Germany or Romania... you had to show very good reason, wasn't easy to do, and were watched very closely. You were not allowed to simply go out on your own.

The reason was that we were at war. We have to accept the grim  reality that we can't really be allies with any existing government in the Middle East keeping minimal, and frosty ties, on an official level.
We should not expect such reciprocal exchanges with countries that are either theocratic or autocratic, nor should students or intellectuals from undemocratic countries of the presently constituted Middle East should come to the United States.  

Just as there was an Iron Curtain there has to be an Iron Veil. At least, if you believe we are at war.

You're oriental?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 06:49:25 AM »
This Man knew what was going to happen.. when it comes to the US i just wonder how many will think liberal thoughts...

The so called "moderate Muslim" will not be so understanding when they take over areas in your Neighbourhood. Look at the UK for proof.

James

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 07:05:53 AM »

North Dakota: Muslim refugee raped gas station clerk while uttering allah akbar

MAPLETON, N.D. (Valley News Live) – The man accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a woman at Gordy’s Travel Plaza in Mapleton, North Dakota refused to show up to court this morning.
A Cass County Sheriff Deputy tells us they will try again to get Abdulrahman Ali out of his jail cell and in front of the judge. If Ali refuses they may use probable cause and set bail.
Ali is facing 5 felony counts including; gross sexual imposition, kidnapping, aggravated assault, and two counts of terrorizing.
According to court documents Ali forced a woman working at Gordy’s Travel Plaza into the women’s bathroom, locked the door behind him and started assaulting her in the center of the room naked.
When law enforcement arrived they began striking the door with a closed fist and yelling loudly, “open the door now,” according to documents. Officers also began to kick in the door around 20 times and yelling, “Are there any weapons?” At that time officers heard Ali say “She is my wife.”
The door eventually opened and officers found Ali completely naked and the victim was injured and in tears.

Well-vetted Muslims – like many of the illegals from Latin America – are mentally unstable and present extreme risks to American citizens, particularly women and children. A sane nation would not subject their citizens to such atrocities. via Family of accused rapist say’s he’s a sick man
Fargo, N.D. (Valley News Live): The sister of a man in jail tonight accused of raping a woman at a Mapleton, North Dakota gas station says he has a mental disorder.
Cass County Investigators say Abdulrahman Ali forced a female clerk into the bathroom where he raped her. The victim told authorities she could hear Ali mumbling, but could not understand him. Once deputies arrived, they broke down the door and arrested Ali. After Valley News Live reported that Ali refused to leave his jail cell for today’s arraignment, his family contacted us saying he is a sick man.

Mote in link
https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2015/12/05/north-dakota-muslim-raped-terrorized-gas-station-clerk-uttered-allah-akbar-during-assault/

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 07:11:49 AM »

Today, I feel that the majority of the kind, loving Muslims are basically nominal Muslims that love Allah, love Islam and follow Muhammad but only to a point.  In essence, ISIS represents true Islam and there are no "extremists".  What was formerly defined as "extremist" is basically your average Muslim.  That said, Islam is basically composed of true Muslims and nominal Muslims that do not follow the Quranic teachings.  ISIS represents Islam while the other billion folks are just "playing Islam" as it suits their personal tastes.

I'm not a fan of ANY religion, and I've challenged your god beliefs in many a thread, Man of Steel, but I've never not liked you (in fact, I think quite highly of you), and I am happy you've come around to understanding the truth about the evil that is "true" Islam.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 07:12:57 AM »

Great points, and action on this level must be taken, sooner or later.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 07:14:43 AM »
Nothing is easier than to second guess and what should or should not have been done in the past. We can't go back in time. The question is, what should be done now?

And do you honestly believe that if we didn't support the Shah of Iran, ended our support of Israel, never invaded Iraq or Afghanistan, let Kuwait be annexed by Iraq, ended all involvement in the Middle East, that they would leave us alone?

They don't hate us for we we do. They hate us for what we are. What did France do to the Muslims other than welcome them into their country?

What do the conflicts in Afghanistan, Kuwait, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Kosovo have in common? America supporting and defending Muslims.
you mean besides algeria, lybia, morocco, tunsia, guy, senegal, cameroon, burkina faso, ect ect ect? most people dont take being invaded and governed by an outside country too kindly

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 07:16:00 AM »

I also doubt we have the stomach to take out the clerics radicalizing folks and tolerate the level of collateral damage it would take to instill fear in anyone who would aid/tolerate radicals in their presence. You'd need a psychopath that didn't care about being reelected and a military willing to ignore the Geneva Convention.
We as a country, I believe, can stomach it, we have before. We need someone in office that isn't afraid to say and do what needs to be done.

Viva Trump!!! (Fuck you 240isback!!)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 07:17:28 AM »

if anyone followed their religion to the written word; they'd be legal slavery, incest, pedophilia, animal sacrifice, and tons of other bullshit. they're only lapse belibers and true ones. the bible and torah has some sick shit in it

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 07:30:31 AM »
I'm not a fan of ANY religion, and I've challenged your god beliefs in many a thread, Man of Steel, but I've never not liked you (in fact, I think quite highly of you), and I am happy you've come around to understanding the truth about the evil that is "true" Islam.

Well, I appreciate that.  I do my best to learn and if a more informed perspective presents itself that simply outweighs my understanding then I'm humble enough to say "hey, I was wrong". 

I still believe that the vast majority of those that profess Islam (yet don't follow Muhammad's teachings) are truly kind, loving people.  Me, I wanna see them turned for Christ!

Further I have respect for those that disagree with me and challenge and ask questions....I enjoy that back and forth.

In the end, I just want to represent Christ, love on others and challenge them with considering a Christian walk in their lives.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 07:38:01 AM »
if anyone followed their religion to the written word; they'd be legal slavery, incest, pedophilia, animal sacrifice, and tons of other bullshit. they're only lapse belibers and true ones. the bible and torah has some sick shit in it

I hear you and understand what you're suggesting.  The bible contains deplorable acts because it fully discloses the wicked hearts of men and their need to humbly surrender to God.   What the majority of folks don't understand about scripture is the "next level" of study.  

For example, folks simply see or hear the word "slavery" in scripture and think it refers to slavery of the antebellum south in the US.  Just not the case.  Further, so many believe that because "it's in the bible then it's supported by the God".  Again, just not the case.  

Even further, so many believe exactly as you stated, that if say Christians followed the scriptures exactly as written that they'd own slaves, sacrifice bulls and goats, have concubines, have multiple wives, engage in incestuous acts, not eat shellfish, never judge poeple, etc.....what's missing is a deeper understanding of the word well beyond the surface objections that say Bill Maher would casually present on HBO...that's the majority of what most folks understand and it's woefully ignorant.

I do my level best to set the record straight and most people have never heard that before (because most "Christians" don't understand the scriptures either).  I speak about such topics and their greater context and most folks that present the surface objections will tell me, "no, that's bull$**t!  that's not what it says!"  Nevermind that they've never actually read the scriptures (let alone studied them) and have simply regurgitated the flawed, surface objections of a random Comedy Central comedian.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 07:41:42 AM »
A

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 07:45:26 AM »

This is exactly....exactly....th e type of understanding I was replying to residue about in my post above.  

"Timothy McVeigh was a Christian" or  "Hitler was a Christian"!!  

"Hey, I saw an hour long documentary on Hulu that said so.  And that documentary aligned with my presuppositions about religion so I'm gonna stick with that!!"

I think many folks today get a lot of their "knowledge" about God from internet memes and youtube atheists.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2015, 07:47:29 AM »
I just wish we wouldn't have to get messed up in political affairs overseas and just be in isolation.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 07:50:12 AM »

But he didn't commit his atrocities in the name of his god, did he?

As well, one ill man is not the same as tens of millions the world over, from strictly independent nations/regions, all going equally nuts with violence towards the same "adversary".

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2015, 07:51:07 AM »
Invest in fear. Small inlay; big rewards. No shortage of buyers.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2015, 07:52:29 AM »
I just wish we wouldn't have to get messed up in political affairs overseas and just be in isolation.
I take it you are an American ? it´s not getting messed up in overseas affairs i would say Europe has to deal with the results of the US's affairs overseas.