Author Topic: Is having a "Dad Bod" really that bad?  (Read 53641 times)

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
Re: Is having a "Dad Bod" really that bad?
« Reply #350 on: December 16, 2017, 06:03:12 AM »
The ONLY clinical data on contributing to determining length of life that is valid is - staying lean and within your BMI for your height. This will make you most likely to live longer. Whether being muscular or not wasn't determined, in that BMI average to low-average range is most healthy. I would assume being in shape and having better cardiovascular and muscular endurance in that BMI with a good diet would be more healthy towards longevity than not. But there was no concurring data on the differences.

So SHITZO, you would still be unhealthy because you're overweight on the BMI scale. You need to lose weight and then be skinny fat instead of just fat.

Then you can shape your argument that being skinny fat isn't any less healthy than being muscular within the average BMI. If you're gonna shape an argument to make yourself feel better about not lifting and being a lazy piece of shit, at least make it somewhat logical.
Meltdown.

QuietYou

« Reply #351 on: December 16, 2017, 06:16:54 AM »
Fellas, lets not get into an uproar here. You can still lift, carry muscle,  and have healthy, moderate fat stores.

I feel this gentleman's physique describes the above best.

This isn't a "dad bod"

This is a guy who has been lifting regularly and eating healthy for years and has probably trained for over 30 years and is in good shape. This is good shape not a dad bod. He's just not on a bunch of hormones. I'm done here though

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #352 on: December 16, 2017, 06:23:08 AM »
This isn't a "dad bod"

This is a guy who has been lifting regularly and eating healthy for years and has probably trained for over 30 years and is in good shape. This is good shape not a dad bod. He's just not on a bunch of hormones. I'm done here though

That's about what I looks like, minus the fur.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #353 on: December 16, 2017, 06:36:11 AM »
It's a good build.
Y

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: December 16, 2017, 06:37:03 AM »
This isn't a "dad bod"

Correct.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #355 on: December 16, 2017, 06:40:46 AM »
This isn't a "dad bod"

Upper spectrum dad bod. It's also about body fat %.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: December 16, 2017, 07:02:40 AM »
is the dad bod a bad thing? no - as long you are healthy

it is a bad thing if you post on a bodybuilding forum, takes supps, go to the gym all the time - then you suck at being fit -

the dad bod is common for middle aged america

in late 30s/40s - the subject test levels have dropped
sits in an office (cubical farm) eats all the time
married/his wife isnt an ifbb figure pro - prolly someone who wears flats, like all things american orders fast food, movie popcorn erc
has 2 kids - when you have kids  they eat junk food and its easy to snack on etc

so the dad is just what an all american male looks like - its their life - is it bad? no

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #357 on: December 16, 2017, 02:21:10 PM »
I'm about 9% without having to diet and I have a better immune system, more energy and stamina than others with a higher bf. It only gets unhealthy when you use drugs and starvation to get down to the lowest possible body fat.

You're not walking around at 9% year long considering contest lean is 5-7%. Nearly everyone is full of shit with body fat levels and almost no one knows what is their percentage.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #358 on: December 16, 2017, 02:26:20 PM »
Dicaprio sporting a healthy dad bod.

I like you use the word healthy, considering he might actually be in fine health considering although he is not particularly lean or muscular, he is NOT fat in that picture.

There is NOTHING inherently healthy about being very lean despite being healthy at that leanness; that is being very lean doesn't mean someone is very healthy because of such leanness.

The same goes for high volumes of training. A guy training like a bodybuilding madman is not inherently healthier than some guy training modestly, say three weight sessions a week and other activities like cardio, recreational games, walking, working with hands, etc.

And finally the same goes for exercise selection. Seemingly every damn meathead or trainer implies or explicitly states how damn good barbell exercises are for the body. But sorry, there's nothing inherently healthy about squatting, deadlifts, rowing, and bench pressing. For sure, one can be healthy while doing these exercises, but one is not inherently functional, better, or healthier for doing them compared to a guy who does dumbbell, machine, and bodyweight exercises.

Simple Simon

« Reply #359 on: December 16, 2017, 02:27:15 PM »
cancer doesnt care about your type of body...

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #360 on: December 16, 2017, 06:13:13 PM »
Look at guys like George Clooney, girls love that guy, yes he handsome (no homo) but if I was a guy not into building muscle, then this would be the type of look to shoot for, just a normal body, not fat, not skinny, not muscular, just a regular body that looks good in classic clothing and a well groomed hair style. Thats a good dad bod.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: December 16, 2017, 09:13:28 PM »
being ultra low bodyfat at a pool party.....

the only people who came up to me....other dudes - "damn bro" you are cut etc

schmoes

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #362 on: December 16, 2017, 09:19:40 PM »
Having a dad bod is every attractive to women. Especially if you own bitcoins. :)

Simple Simon

« Reply #363 on: December 17, 2017, 03:05:31 AM »
being ultra low bodyfat at a pool party.....

the only people who came up to me....other dudes - "damn bro" you are cut apart from your legs....etc

schmoes

fixed