Author Topic: STAR WARS - Rogue One: A STAR WARS Story (Official Thread)  (Read 57650 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: STAR WARS - Rogue One: A STAR WARS Story (Official Thread)
« Reply #300 on: March 27, 2017, 03:24:47 PM »
And when i say real i mean that nobody will even notice they're CGI. Nobody! :D

Carry Fisher didn't even realize that was not her in Rogue One, she thought it was pulled from her filming of A New Hope

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #301 on: March 27, 2017, 06:05:05 PM »
Carry Fisher didn't even realize that was not her in Rogue One, she thought it was pulled from her filming of A New Hope

She was going blind then.

It was obviously not her. Skin too shiny. Now I will admit that there were times when Tarkin was on the screen and the shadows were overcast enough to where that shit looked AMAZING.

Best facial CGI I've ever seen in anything. (Although Gladiator and Fast and Furious 7 were really good in their own right.

That said, I don't know about 2020 completely, but within 10 years, you probably won't notice anything ever.

You don't realize how much is CGI already. Remember, you only notice bad CGI, you never notice the good. You just think it's a person or a city or a car or whatever. To you, it's the real thing.

It's not unless you're making it or have access to the green scene behind it that you would be amazed by it.

Some of the shit you just don't realize is CGI, is fucking animated as all get out.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #302 on: March 27, 2017, 06:11:35 PM »

Darth Vader's added scene at the end was amazing!  He wasn't the Vader of the past here....he was sooooooo much better!

Would love a stand alone Vader movie with a younger Vader hunting down remaining Jedi across the galaxy.

YES! YES! YES!

OK, hear me out, because most people would react to this with an instant "no."

But I'm think a buddy road trip movie staring Vader and Bobba Fett. Obviously not much dialogue from Vader. You would need a third charterer the audience could connect with. The purpose of the film would be to convince the audience that the Empire is the side to root for.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #303 on: March 27, 2017, 07:11:31 PM »
YES! YES! YES!

But I'm think a buddy road trip movie staring Vader and Bobba Fett. Obviously not much dialogue from Vader. You would need a third charterer the audience could connect with. The purpose of the film would be to convince the audience that the Empire is the side to root for.

How about a buddy road trip movie with Vader, Boba Fett and Watto? (the jewish alien from SJW 1)
Q

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #304 on: March 27, 2017, 08:14:43 PM »
YES! YES! YES!

That isn't dumb at all.... that's the perfect vehicle for the Fettman!

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #305 on: March 27, 2017, 09:05:15 PM »
That isn't dumb at all.... that's the perfect vehicle for the Fettman!

;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #306 on: March 27, 2017, 09:19:12 PM »

But I'm think a buddy road trip movie staring Vader and Bobba Fett.

Y

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: March 28, 2017, 09:32:30 AM »
YES! YES! YES!

Or a movie with Darth Vader as a terrifying and powerful villain leading a part of the Imperial Fleet where he hunts down fleeing Jedi across the galaxy.

The movie could have more of a horror atmosphere.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #308 on: March 28, 2017, 09:35:56 AM »
Or a movie with Darth Vader as a terrifying and powerful villain leading a part of the Imperial Fleet where he hunts down fleeing Jedi across the galaxy.

Or better yet, as a buddy cop road movie with Vader, Boba Fett and Watto!

Watto could play the Joe pesci-part a la Lethal Weapon!
Q

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: March 28, 2017, 09:55:42 AM »

I love this idea too...that was essentially the end of Rogue One....the creeping blackness followed by glow of red lightsaber followed immediately by panic and violence.   That was the Vader everyone wanted to see and would LOVE to see again!!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #310 on: March 28, 2017, 10:21:08 AM »
I love this idea too...that was essentially the end of Rogue One....the creeping blackness followed by glow of red lightsaber followed immediately by panic and violence.   That was the Vader everyone wanted to see and would LOVE to see again!!

Yeah, id watch 2 hours of Darth Himmler slaughtering rebels!
Q

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #311 on: March 28, 2017, 10:25:50 AM »
Yeah, id watch 2 hours of Darth Himmler slaughtering rebels!

banging big booty Twi'leks too
a

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #312 on: March 28, 2017, 10:38:41 AM »
banging big booty Twi'leks too

Gotta add 10-20 mins of that kind of action in that flick as well!

Would be a great Action-Horror-Fantasy flick
Q

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #313 on: March 28, 2017, 10:59:37 AM »

Darth Vader's added scene at the end was amazing!  He wasn't the Vader of the past here....he was sooooooo much better!

Which is exactly why I didn't like it.  He was too spry and too flashy with his swordplay.

I don't think that level of mobility was appropriate for a man of his age, with all his injuries and robotic limbs.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #314 on: March 28, 2017, 11:33:29 AM »
Which is exactly why I didn't like it.  He was too spry and too flashy with his swordplay.

I don't think that level of mobility was appropriate for a man of his age, with all his injuries and robotic limbs.

Your lack of understanding of The Force is your weakness.
Y

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #315 on: March 28, 2017, 11:41:50 AM »

Think of The Force as PEDs.
Q

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #316 on: March 28, 2017, 12:07:13 PM »
Your lack of understanding of The Force is your weakness.

This.

Yoda has a limp and uses a cane, until he needs to start kicking ass with a light saber. Then he's like a teenager.

The force is what it's all about.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: March 28, 2017, 12:15:29 PM »

Yet in 'A New Hope' story line, which follows immediately after Rogue One, Vader is considerably less aggressive, less angry, less menacing.  The blood thirsty Vader you see slicing and dicing the Rebels at the end of Rogue One is a nothing like the softy you see battling Obi-Wan Kenobe in A New Hope.  By comparison, Vader is a pussy cat in A New Hope.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #318 on: March 28, 2017, 01:44:37 PM »

Yet in 'A New Hope' story line, which follows immediately after Rogue One, Vader is considerably less aggressive, less angry, less menacing.  The blood thirsty Vader you see slicing and dicing the Rebels at the end of Rogue One is a nothing like the softy you see battling Obi-Wan Kenobe in A New Hope.  By comparison, Vader is a pussy cat in A New Hope.

He needed an oil change
a

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #319 on: March 28, 2017, 02:17:59 PM »

I don't think you can compare fighting an extreme number of enemies vs one, let alone a jedi who is a former mentor and best friend.

The blood thirsty Vader you mention DID recently slaughter a bunch  of children in Episode III.
Y

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: March 28, 2017, 02:23:15 PM »
Which is exactly why I didn't like it.  He was too spry and too flashy with his swordplay.

I hear you.

Jedi and Sith draw strength and agility and ablity from the force....same reason 900 yr old Yoda could flip and twirl and be nimble with his lightsaber.

If you really look at the scene all Vader actually did was walk straight down the hallway and swing his lightsaber to block blaster shots and used the force to fling men around and used power movements and hard saber strokes and thrusts.   His movements had virtually no flourish and he stayed on the ground almost the entire time moving in almost in a straight line.  Only "fancy" saberplay was the initial blocking of blaster shots and again Jedi/Sith have heightened senses and quicker reflexes that are derived from the force.  

Today's prosthetic limbs used on everyday folks could easily allow a person to mimic the exact movements Vader demonstrated in Rogue One and we're talking about the robotic limbs of a fantasy/sci fi galaxy that clearly has VASTLY superior technology as compared to anything we have today.

Further Anakin was one of the most powerful, skilled Jedi of all time and Vader was one of the most powerful Sith of all time.

Look at old Obi-Wan v Darth Maul in the current Rebels season 3....they face off once again and Obi-Wan who is older than Vader easily defeated Maul in three strokes of his lightsaber.   Master Jedi and Darths are named as such because of their skills in the use of the force.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #321 on: March 28, 2017, 02:26:06 PM »
you guys liking the film doesnt say much. you'd like anything star wars. anything super hero. any toys. any video games. any candy.

well basically youre a child. still.

even your responses are that of a child "what did you think?" "AWESOME!!!"

jesus. this bodybuilding thing starts to make sense now, youre still trying to be the hulk.

you are trapped with the mind of a 7 year old   :(

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: March 28, 2017, 02:27:45 PM »
now you go into great detail defending and explaning darth vader  :(

WELL YOU KNOW DARTH VADER CAN DO THAT CAUSE HES LIKE A TOP JEDI AND HE USE THE FORCE AND BLA BLA AND BESIDES WHO WOULD WIN BETWEEN DARTH VADER AND HULK  ??? ??? ??? ???

i mean what the fuck.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: March 28, 2017, 02:31:46 PM »
you guys liking the film doesnt say much. you'd like anything star wars. anything super hero. any toys. any video games. any candy.

well basically youre a child. still.

even your responses are that of a child "what did you think?" "AWESOME!!!"

jesus. this bodybuilding thing starts to make sense now, youre still trying to be the hulk.

you are trapped with the mind of a 7 year old   :(

I didn't care for but ten minutes of the Phantom Menace and about 20 minutes of Attack of the Clones...the rest was garbage.  I liked the majority of the Revenge of the Sith.   So out of the 7 SW movies I didn't like 2 of them.   I don't care for the majority of Clone Wars or Rebels, but enjoy select episodes.  I don't enjoy expanded universe materials that are not canon.   So that basically refutes what you just said.

Any non-fiction you watch on tv or the internet is fantasy and just because you don't enjoy sci fi or superhero materials doesn't matter at all.

SW and Superhero material command audiences of all ages today from toddlers to seniors.....sorry you're wrong.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: March 28, 2017, 02:42:12 PM »
let's take a closer look at the morons responsible for rogue one being so shitty

gary whitta - story. some loser who mostly wrote stories to video games before, its on that level...
john knoll - story. dude never written anything before. what a surprise.

they let these two nobodies do the story writing, just shows you how much they care.

director - gareth edwards, another nobody.

and then we have the cast, lets give the great actors as little screentime as possible, and the lousy actors as much screentime as possible  ::)