Author Topic: Getbigger - "Radical Plato", formerly known as "Ekul" has passed away.  (Read 32915 times)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: Ekul, AKA Radical Plato, is no longer with us.
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 07:05:36 AM »
Sad to hear but not hugely surprised. Although intelligent, he came across as being quite bitter, depressed and bored with life.
Most of his posts in the past months were the enjoyment he took from taking acid and his dislike towards women. The videos he made just highlighted his boredom.
Although he would advocate the joys of living a single life, I always felt that he actually hated the fact he didn't have a family since he wanted the stability of having a wife and children. I think I even mentioned this to him once which he obviously denied.

I did enjoy reading his posts though. He seemed like a good person. RIP.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 07:05:44 AM »
I wondered where he was. There were a few UFC threads (Conor retiring) that I was expecting him to be involved with... and he was notably absent.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2016, 07:06:58 AM »
Wow wtf, was just thinking the other day he hadn't posted in a while, his posts about his cat and his bike rides were strangely out of character for him but never saw this coming.
Probably was massively fucked over by a horrible cu nt of a woman.
Sad news, RIP

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 07:07:16 AM »
His situation happened to me (very very bad woman situation) about three years ago.

I almost did the same thing.

Nobody would have known and you wouldn't have known from my posts either.  This isn't the place for that.

This.

Been there myself.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2016, 07:12:02 AM »
I wonder if his drug use played a role in his suicide. He was a user of LSD and also began using gear (including Tren) months before his death. I'm no expert in this subject but I imagine it could cause extreme mood swings?

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2016, 07:14:41 AM »
After a lot of google-fu, I found his real name and gym. So, it appears it's true.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2016, 07:16:11 AM »
I wonder if his drug use played a role in his suicide. He was a user of LSD and also began using gear (including Tren) months before his death. I'm no expert in this subject but I imagine it could cause extreme mood swings?

Don't know if he was also taking LSD, but I remember a thread from last year where he was asking about MDMA and considering that he had (at the time) recently lost his father, I strongly advised him against it. If he was taking tren as well...

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2016, 07:17:38 AM »
After a lot of google-fu, I found his real name and gym. So, it appears it's true.

Can you post what the gym said for those of us not on fail book

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2016, 07:19:09 AM »
yes going off steroids can and will cause depression due to natural test levels going down when you go off. happens to most. Could definately have played a role in his choice to take his life.

don't know about psychologial drugs/stimulants work on that but Im pretty sure they can have mood effects aswell.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2016, 07:23:51 AM »
Can you post what the gym said for those of us not on fail book

It's a short message, it says he lost his struggle with depression on the previous day (the message is from 15 April).

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2016, 07:25:16 AM »
Mods, please make this post a sticky.  With permission via pm, I will post details on his passing, but I'm not sure it's appropriate.

Everyone, please keep him in your thoughts, and have respect for his family and friends.  

PIP, Ekul.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2016, 07:27:32 AM »
LSD / Mushrooms have a tendency to bypass all the emotional control you have been building against gripes destroying you.

I would not recommend taking drugs with major life issues current.  You will be experiencing them full force and without that filter.

I have been suicidal on mushrooms and I have sat with people having the classic "hellishly introspective nightmare" getting them through it, too.

Ecstasy was more a longing for woman to paw at, but not particularly hellish - for me, at least.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2016, 07:27:37 AM »
So sorry to hear it.   

RIP brother.

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2016, 07:40:00 AM »
Too many guys take their life due to women.

I remember 'Ironmike' who was a mod at Anabolex doing the same in about 2007. I knew him when I was younger too he was a cool guy and seemed to be so different online especially after growing up and dealing with shit.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2016, 07:47:55 AM »
Man, that stinks. Just a few months ago, Radical Plato (RP) and I were PMing quite often.

Based on what he said to me, I hardly doubt it was ONLY over a woman. RP expressed to me on numerous occasions, as well as on the forum, about growing up in a pretty abusive home. He spoke at great length via PM about his abusive childhood, and how its difficult to get through a day without some emotional upheavals. Although a women may seem like the cause of his suicide, I suspect the core of his depression and difficulties with adult relationships, root back to his childhood--as he said so himself. We take for granted how important those formative years now, and RP continued to struggled with those demons throughout his adult life.

PIP  :'( :'(
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2016, 07:54:21 AM »
He spoke to me about suicide and life on a few occassions as Radical and ekul.

This truly hurts my heart.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2016, 08:42:12 AM »
Army of One started a thread concerning suicide in the fall of 2015. It doesn't appear that Radical_Plato made any posts in that thread. Oddly, Joon's gimmicks were all over it.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=585535.0

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2016, 08:46:40 AM »
I thought he was an asshole but still very sad news. Don't wish that on any one or their family. Was he being treated for his depression?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2016, 08:51:37 AM »
I thought he was an asshole but still very sad news. Don't wish that on any one or their family. Was he being treated for his depression?

I don't know if he was being treated, but I'm pretty sure he didn't have anyone in his life except his cat. 

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2016, 08:58:17 AM »
 :-X :-X :-X

Is it possible to hang yourself with your hands tied behind your back?

A good friend of mine committed suicide two years back, his wife was having an affair, and that on top of other issues tipped him over the edge and he hung humself in the backyard.  I just got a copy of the coroners report today and found out that he was hung with his hands bound behind his back, his wife found him, and get this, called her lover to come over and help get him down.  Then she rang the emergency services, oh and it only came out at the inquest that she was having an affair, and when asked why she didn't tell police at the time, she replied " I didn't think it was relevant" - Anyway, it has brought up a bad memory and the coroners finding has said there is nothing suspicious.  I read the report, and they said it was possible to hang yourself with your hands behind your back, even though unusual.  What do you think?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2016, 08:58:46 AM »
Sorry to read this.  I lost my younger brother to suicide many years ago.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2016, 08:59:03 AM »

Yes, he was being treated for depression, but not with medication (based on my discussions with him). I believe he was seeing a therapist; however, he did tell me that he scaled back on how often he was seeing her/him.
X

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2016, 09:01:45 AM »
Yes, he was being treated for depression, but not with medication (based on my discussions with him). I believe he was seeing a therapist; however, he did tell me that he scaled back on how often he was seeing her/him.

:'(

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2016, 09:05:04 AM »
A friend of mine posted a suicide  video on facebook just a week ago.. He was deprrssed and when his gf broke up with him he took a huge amount of of pills and filmed himself saying he loved his mom and that he is so tired of his life and only  have 10-30minutes or so left before he will fall asleep forever and posted it on facebook.

People  that saw the film called the cops and lucky one recognized where  he was.  They found him  and managed to save his life... He was just minutes  away.

Sad to hear that ekul went that way

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2016, 09:08:25 AM »
Ouch!  PIP dude...

"Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men."
T