Author Topic: Vince Goodrum's "Fuck That Shit, I Got A Better Idea" Threads  (Read 225264 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Jeans should actually never be washed.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving

they should when you have had en encounter with Goodrum and his kielbasa.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
I'm sure a lot of wealthy people live frugally. Poor people too, the difference is that they have no choice.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
I'm sure a lot of wealthy people live frugally. Poor people too, the difference is that they have no choice.
I see more "poor" people with nicer phones than me driving in much nicer cars as well.

That's the part that gets ya!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
How many tubs of Bee Pollen can that washer fit?

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
just dont fall in the dryer vince

"

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
By 50 Vince will be a "backyard millionaire" guarantee it. Don't think I won't say I told you so.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
This thread is a mockery of all that Getbig stands for.  But whatever.  Vince, I always pictured you a washboard/down by the river guy.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Nasty dirty fuck.
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
jeans should actually never be worn

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Nasty dirty fuck.

Whole heartily agreed...

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Lol wadda mess
P

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Craiglist is great but you are still buying from a private owner and can't be sure what you are getting. In this case, I'd definitely go with a private business that's been around for 40 years and gives a warranty. $250 for a washer and dryer is a great deal.

Here in Hawaii so many people are do it yourselfers because getting anything done cost a fortune here. My neighbor, who is a court reporter, replaced her own toilet and hauled it in her house and installed it herself. A gym buddy who is a cop and his wife a teacher (so they pull six figures easily a year) is painting their own house because of the savings. I was at City Mill, a local hardware store, and was talking to a guy who was doing repairs on some office space he just got. He said that the lowest bid he got to replace three walls and have it painted was 80 grand. 80 grand! You could buy a townhouse in some places on the mainland for that. All that he has left to do is paint and the total cost was 10 grand. The State wants to install some air condition in the classrooms because it gets so hot. The bids ranged from 20 to 40 grand PER CLASSROOM! One bid was as high as $135,000 PER CLASSROOM!

Sometimes it's not a question as to whether or not you have the money but getting the highest value for your dollar. If money doesn't matter to you and you can get whatever you want with little or no regard to cost then good for you. You are blessed. You should be grateful and count your blessings rather than put down others who want and need to stretch their dollar.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Great thread, Vince

I sometimes forget that in non tropical countries, it isn't feasible to not own a dryer.

V Man

• Getbig IV
Like most things today, the older ones are more reliable than the new models anyway.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
you not got ebay in the us?

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Nothing wrong with being frugal... But like AJ, I just get new shit delivered, 1K is nothing for a 20 year IT professional who makes 6 figures and has house and all cars paid off.

;)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Poppy cock. All gimmicks to get you to spend more money. X will make your clothes last 5.67627 years longer. Sure.  ::) ::). Its like with the iphone. They add 1 new feature, which is not even a big deal, and everyone goes out to buy it.

Front load vs top load do function differently.  Is one better than the other?  There are pros and cons to both.  I've had both and don't really notice a difference in cleaning capacity or gentleness on clothes.  The front loaders use WAY less water and soap which is supposed to be a cost savings, BUT the cycles take WAY longer and the HE soap is more expensive, so it's a wash IMO.  No need to buy special HE soap, just dilute regular in 1/2 and it does the same job.  Since I'm not on a city water system, it's preferable not to introduce excess soapy water into the ground water and septic system.  Drying a load seems to take just as long even though "they" say a front loader spins out more water.
:

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Vince, if you would have put in a few hundred more bucks, you could have gotten a Fisher Price washer and dryer.

X

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
You do know that black people's hands are white on the palm side...... ;D

Lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Nasty dirty fuck.
Morons.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/levis-ceo-explains-why-you-should-never-wash-your-jeans-a6881031.html

Levi's CEO explains why you should never wash your jeans

Machine-washing a good pair of jeans can actually cause damage to the material

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2459720/Tommy-Hilfiger-thinks-crazy-throw-jeans-laundry-wear.html

'I never wash my Levi's': Tommy Hilfiger thinks 'it's crazy' to throw jeans in the laundry after every wear

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2459720/Tommy-Hilfiger-thinks-crazy-throw-jeans-laundry-wear.html#ixzz4ChmLhYOz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

https://www.yahoo.com/news/this-is-why-you-should-never-wash-your-jeans-161007329.html?ref=gs

A lot of fashion experts have one dirty secret - they have never, ever washed their jeans.

What’s more, experts at Vogue and Levi’s say that we should all follow suit.

The trend made headlines after Levi’s CEO Chip Bergh stood up and admitted that the (Levi’s) jeans he was wearing, ‘hadn’t seen the inside of a washing machine’ for a year.

But other fashionistas agree - saying that washing jeans ruins the garments’ shape and feel, especially if the jeans in question are unique, vintage ones.
Posh French jeans brand A.P.C. says,"whatever you do, do not wash them?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Vince actually made the right choice here.  When dryers and washers are labeled "Economy" or something of the sort, they are made to last and will never break.  They are built tougher than electronic gimmickry.

A washer and dryer should be used for clothes sparingly if possible.  The dryer should definitely not be used much as that is what will destroy your clothes.  Hang dry in a climate controlled room for best results.  A dryer is hard on fibers, especially natural ones and will completely destroy some, even after one time.

A conservative approach is best.  Also, use the fucking labels in the clothes!  They are there for a reason.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Gayer than having an opinion on washing clothes. I have a woman, or even better, a Mexican, do my laundry.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Gayer than having an opinion on washing clothes. I have a woman, or even better, a Mexican, do my laundry.
The only other person I trust with laundry is Jezebelle.  It is serious business.  Mexicans don't know how to read those charts.  I would only use their service if it was hand wash only.  Be careful.