Author Topic: Hey Straw and Gun Control people - what is your plan for this?  (Read 12390 times)

iwantmass

• Getbig III
Re: Hey Straw and Gun Control people - what is your plan for this?
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2016, 04:12:52 PM »
yeah, I totally agree with you

something that happens amost daily and often several times a day is exactly what I would consider to be irregular, infrequent, a rarity and a quirk

makes perfect sense

When you ask a person for an example of an anomaly they might say a 2 headed cow or a something like that but when they ask you you'll offer the example of a shooting event in the US where more than 4 people are shot

It's not my problem if plenty of people are as stupid as you and politicize the frequency of mass shooting as an argument for gun control. I don't cater to your iq. Something that  isn't frequent enough to happen even once a day in a population of 320 million is rare

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2016, 04:16:57 PM »
It's not my problem if plenty of people are as stupid as you and politicize the frequency of mass shooting as an argument for gun control. I don't cater to your iq. Something that  isn't frequent enough to happen even once a day in a population of 320 million is rare

LOL - how exactly have I politicized it ?

I just say they appear to common events in this country

I've even said there is nothing you can do about it.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2016, 10:48:35 PM »
LOL - how exactly have I politicized it ?

I just say they appear to common events in this country

I've even said there is nothing you can do about it.

Sarcasm isn't going to save you here.  And there are certainly things that can be done about it, but it isn't your liberal push for gun control every time a shooting occurs.  Just because liberals choose to buy into the idea that a few anomalies require gun control, doesn't mean we all do.  There isn't a gun problem in america, there are a few gun anomalies, but you already know that. They just happen to be politicized when they happen. 

I don't care if the last word is the only small hope of victory you get in this thread, it isn't going to happen.  You mentioned me by name, and as a result have been made to look like a complete idiot for 3 pages since.   

I hope I've encouraged you to brush up on your weak math skills and enroll in an entry level statistics course. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2016, 09:22:20 AM »
Sarcasm isn't going to save you here.  And there are certainly things that can be done about it, but it isn't your liberal push for gun control every time a shooting occurs.  Just because liberals choose to buy into the idea that a few anomalies require gun control, doesn't mean we all do.  There isn't a gun problem in america, there are a few gun anomalies, but you already know that. They just happen to be politicized when they happen. 

I don't care if the last word is the only small hope of victory you get in this thread, it isn't going to happen.  You mentioned me by name, and as a result have been made to look like a complete idiot for 3 pages since.   

I hope I've encouraged you to brush up on your weak math skills and enroll in an entry level statistics course. 

LOL @ brushing up on my math skills

Aren't you the guy that said an anomaly in the context of this conversation was .00000001% (which is .0000000001)

and when I pointed out this means that mass shootings would have to happen to less than 1/3 of one person based on a population of 320,000,000 in order to be an anomaly you claimed that you just produced that number at random (or more likely without even understanding your own idiotic premise)

So your premise of using the population and your figure of .00000001% yields this result and you want me to brush up on my math?

Regarding your projection of liberal gun control onto me, I've said repeatedly now that these are common events and gun control is pointless.   In other words I agree with Republicans on this issue

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2016, 09:34:01 AM »
LOL @ brushing up on my math skills

Aren't you the guy that said an anomaly in the context of this conversation was .00000001% (which is .0000000001)

and when I pointed out this means that mass shootings would have to happen to less than 1/3 of one person based on a population of 320,000,000 in order to be an anomaly you claimed that you just produced that number at random (or more likely without even understanding your own idiotic premise)

So your premise of using the population and your figure of .00000001% yields this result and you want me to brush up on my math?

Regarding your projection of liberal gun control onto me, I've said repeatedly now that these are common events and gun control is pointless.   In other words I agree with Republicans on this issue

Reread the post where you get the 0.0000001%, dumbass.  I never said that was in reference to mass shootings. I provided an extremely small number as a reference to the extremely small number of mass shootings.  It was an arbitrary number for the sake of the argument, as I stated earlier.  It's sad that this is your best hope of winning an argument.

Mass shootings aren't common events. You only know about them because of the media.  Have you ever participated in a mass shooting?  Do you know anyone that has?  Has your city ever had a mass shooting?  Most people will never see a mass shooting in their life time, nor will any of their friends/family, or cities.

In 2015 there were 372 If I remember correctly, in the entire US amongst 320 million people.  You don't have any connection to any of these other than seeing them on the news/internet.  If something were common place, it would have happened to you, in your town, to people you know, etc.  It most certainly would happen in your lifetime .

Newsflash, the reason it is on the news is because it's an anomaly, dipshit.  

I think we need to add common place to your list of words to research

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2016, 06:38:09 PM »
Reread the post where you get the 0.0000001%, dumbass.  I never said that was in reference to mass shootings. I provided an extremely small number as a reference to the extremely small number of mass shootings.  It was an arbitrary number for the sake of the argument, as I stated earlier.  It's sad that this is your best hope of winning an argument.

Mass shootings aren't common events. You only know about them because of the media.  Have you ever participated in a mass shooting?  Do you know anyone that has?  Has your city ever had a mass shooting?  Most people will never see a mass shooting in their life time, nor will any of their friends/family, or cities.

In 2015 there were 372 If I remember correctly, in the entire US amongst 320 million people.  You don't have any connection to any of these other than seeing them on the news/internet.  If something were common place, it would have happened to you, in your town, to people you know, etc.  It most certainly would happen in your lifetime .

Newsflash, the reason it is on the news is because it's an anomaly, dipshit.  

I think we need to add common place to your list of words to research

LOL - Why would you offer a number that has nothing to do with the context of the argument you're trying to make?

Maybe you were too stupid to do the math before you offered the number and when you had the number applied to the very argument you were making (specifically mass shooting / total number of people in this country) you realized how fucking stupid you were and offered the lame excuse that the very number you offered was just "arbitrary"

BTW - thanks for providing the number of 372 for 2015

Now we can at least agree that these happen on a daily basis

So something that happens daily in this country is also "rare", an "irregularity", an "aberration" and    "oddity"

Makes perfect sense as long as you're a total moron

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2016, 07:39:33 PM »
LOL - Why would you offer a number that has nothing to do with the context of the argument you're trying to make?

Maybe you were too stupid to do the math before you offered the number and when you had the number applied to the very argument you were making (specifically mass shooting / total number of people in this country) you realized how fucking stupid you were and offered the lame excuse that the very number you offered was just "arbitrary"

BTW - thanks for providing the number of 372 for 2015

Now we can at least agree that these happen on a daily basis

So something that happens daily in this country is also "rare", an "irregularity", an "aberration" and    "oddity"

Makes perfect sense as long as you're a total moron

I offered a hypothetical low number. The real number was provided a few posts later and is absurdly low as well....but you know this. You just hope to ignore it.  You are either dense or desperate,  more than likely both to fixate on that in the same thread you tried/failed to argue the definition of the word anomaly.

Mass shootings don't happen every day.  Your very abbreviated chart shows a deviation from that in less than a week span.   The word you are looking for is average.  Something that occurs an average of once a day in a body of 320 million people is extremely rare by even the dumbest person's standard.

Nice that you call something common, yet you ignore the part where you can't cite any personal connection to this very common thing.  I would have ignored that portion too.  I can't fathom anything that I would consider common in my life that myself nor any of my peers,  family, or even home town have ever experienced.  

I don't imagine anything could satisfy your idiotic definition of an anomaly, given the pathetic route you are going with this.  You are a poor loser.  Shame on you for criticizing coach, given the way you have carried on and identified yourself as the dumbest person on this forum in the process

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2016, 07:54:02 PM »
Why don't you provide me a sample body, that meets your standard as large enough, that if something were to happen on average of once a day it would not fall in the realm of common.  Clealry, 320 million isn't large enough for something to occur only 372 times, yet still be considered common.  Would the global population be large enough, or would that still be common because you don't understand the concept of sample sizes?

Care to repeat the actual percentage of mass shootings, given the population, or do you prefer I do it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2016, 04:37:46 PM »
Why don't you provide me a sample body, that meets your standard as large enough, that if something were to happen on average of once a day it would not fall in the realm of common.  Clealry, 320 million isn't large enough for something to occur only 372 times, yet still be considered common.  Would the global population be large enough, or would that still be common because you don't understand the concept of sample sizes?

Care to repeat the actual percentage of mass shootings, given the population, or do you prefer I do it?

Its got nothing to do with population

the "iwantmass" fallacys uses that to minimize the reality that these types of events happen on a daily basis and have come to be expected....i.e. I expect another one to happen any day now and won't be surprised when it happens.

The definition of an anomaly offers no formula's or percentages or talk about events vs population

It says something that deviates from what is standard, normal or expected

I've come to expect these types of events to occur in this country on a regular basis (and now elsewhere on this planet too) and apparently you're still suprised and perhaps shocked when these things happen even though they happen on a daily basis

I assume you're also shocked when you learn that someone/anyone has won a lottery.  That is certainly an anomally by the standard of the "iwantmass" fallacy yet they happens on a regular basis

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2016, 05:53:23 PM »
Its got nothing to do with population

the "iwantmass" fallacys uses that to minimize the reality that these types of events happen on a daily basis and have come to be expected....i.e. I expect another one to happen any day now and won't be surprised when it happens.

The definition of an anomaly offers no formula's or percentages or talk about events vs population

It says something that deviates from what is standard, normal or expected

I've come to expect these types of events to occur in this country on a regular basis (and now elsewhere on this planet too) and apparently you're still suprised and perhaps shocked when these things happen even though they happen on a daily basis

I assume you're also shocked when you learn that someone/anyone has won a lottery.  That is certainly an anomally by the standard of the "iwantmass" fallacy yet they happens on a regular basis

Winning the lottery is absolutely an anomaly, you idiot,  and only a desperate person would argue otherwise.  Mass shooting are not common to you, they are not common to anyone you know they are not common to your city. They are not even common to your state.  By your stupid logic, if anomalies don't take into consideration things like population, total area, etc; then we can assume so long as something happens daily in all of our infinite universe, it's common place. That is full blown retarded even by your low iq standards, and there is no way a person with any self respect would try to argue that

That is literally your criteria.  If something happens daily, In spite of the population or total area, it's common.  Go sell your retard bullshit elsiewhere. This is getbig and you've got owned this entire thread.  The idea that you somehow think you have any fragment of hope of convincing anyone otherwise is insane

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2016, 05:59:27 PM »
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anomaly

There you go. Webster dictionary actually uses autism as an example of an anomaly.  Wanna guess how much more common autism is than mass shootings? I'm sure Webster dictionary isn't good enough for grasping at straws man, but I'll agree with them on this 1

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2016, 06:15:23 PM »
Straw getting gutted in this thread

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2016, 06:32:05 PM »
Straw getting gutted in this thread

He is a complete fucking idiot,  that tries to seem smart. He is the guy that holds a copy of the manchurian candidate in an airline seat, in an attempt to seem educated and intelligent.  Little does everyone else on the plane know that he has a picture book hidden In the cover.  

While you were absent, I did this to him one time before and called him out on using a strawman argument.  He argued with me that it wasn't a strawman argument.  Up until that point, he literally didn't know what his screen name meant.  Once again, his sad attempt at seeming intelligent in anonymity.

Let me try his retard hat on for size.  The "strawman" fallacy states that something can't be an anomaly and is instead common place, if it happens once a day, in spite of population, area, etc. Up to and including infinite space

What a fucking joke.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2016, 08:54:22 AM »

There you go. Webster dictionary actually uses autism as an example of an anomaly.  Wanna guess how much more common autism is than mass shootings? I'm sure Webster dictionary isn't good enough for grasping at straws man, but I'll agree with them on this 1

And I guess that means you're shocked when a kid is diagnosed with autism

I mean, it's not something you would expect to happen every day

I suspect that a new autism diagnosis happens every in every state in this country every day of the year (well maybe not on Christmas)

How does that autism diagnosis work with your personal belief that an anomaly is something that happens .00000001%

Hey, did you hear there was another anomaly last night in Florida,

2 killed and 17 wounded

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/1-dead-wounded-fort-myers-club-shooting-article-1.2724551

I never would have expected to wake up and hear about something like that happening

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2016, 09:56:17 AM »
And I guess that means you're shocked when a kid is diagnosed with autism

I mean, it's not something you would expect to happen every day

I suspect that a new autism diagnosis happens every in every state in this country every day of the year (well maybe not on Christmas)

How does that autism diagnosis work with your personal belief that an anomaly is something that happens .00000001%

Hey, did you hear there was another anomaly last night in Florida,

2 killed and 17 wounded

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/1-dead-wounded-fort-myers-club-shooting-article-1.2724551

I never would have expected to wake up and hear about something like that happening

Stop trying to cling to a defined number. I've told you numerous times I gave you a arbitrary small number as an example.  It makes you look stupider than you already are that you keep attempting to quote something that wasn't said.  

Autism is tragic because it happens to children, so we acknowledge it, but it is still an anomaly.  We are in no fear of an autism epidemic.

I don't care about a shooting inFlorida last night.  A star died 15 galaxies away, you retard.  It doesn't mean stars die on a regular basis.  

Did you have a shooting on your street, in your neighborhood, your town, your state?   No, I didnt think ao.  

You still keep trying to ignore sample size.  If something happens once daily in an infinite sample size, it's an anomaly.  Apparently your concept of context is as weak as your math

I'll keep embarrassing/belittling you because it takes all of 10 seconds.  You don't even believe what you are typing are this point

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2016, 10:48:06 AM »
http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

IF the above links is correct it happens almost daily.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2016, 10:50:45 AM »

Have you not read this entire thread?  In a population of 320 million, you see an average of 1 a day.  We've covered all of this, dummy

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2016, 04:22:22 PM »

he already knows it happens daily

actually, first he denied it and then later said it happened 372 times in 2015

math is not really his thing

he's better at gut level emotional responses

JackScribber

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2016, 04:50:15 PM »
Read the entire thread and 'i want ass' is coming across like a petulant child with only a rudamentary grasp on statistics. In each response he goes off topic with increasing personal attacks. You're frustrating him Strawman. Soon you'll be called a 'commie' or 'anti American'.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2016, 04:50:47 PM »
Stop trying to cling to a defined number. I've told you numerous times I gave you a arbitrary small number as an example.  It makes you look stupider than you already are that you keep attempting to quote something that wasn't said.  

Autism is tragic because it happens to children, so we acknowledge it, but it is still an anomaly.  We are in no fear of an autism epidemic.

I don't care about a shooting inFlorida last night.  A star died 15 galaxies away, you retard.  It doesn't mean stars die on a regular basis.  

Did you have a shooting on your street, in your neighborhood, your town, your state?   No, I didnt think ao.  

You still keep trying to ignore sample size.  If something happens once daily in an infinite sample size, it's an anomaly.  Apparently your concept of context is as weak as your math

I'll keep embarrassing/belittling you because it takes all of 10 seconds.  You don't even believe what you are typing are this point

right, you gave me an arbitrary number rather than one that actually had any context to the conversation

that makes absolutely no sense

and in fact I can see no definition of an anomaly that applies any number.  You're the one that introduced that and then you claim the number you offered was arbitray and oddly enough doesn't apply to ANY of the examples you chose to offer as an "anomaly" and thus by defintion unexpected

The CDC says that autism spectrum disorder is diagnosed in 1 out of 68 children

1/68 = .0147

By that standard we have lots of anomolies

Abortion is most certainly an anomaly

According to the National Cancer Insitute ~ 569k people in the US will die of cancer in 2016

596,000 / 320,000,000 = .001863

Wow - so dying of cancer is an anomaly too and so it goes for many other things that happen to small percentage of the population

Being a small percentage is not what's makes them an anomaly

The very defintion you offered doesn't even claim that a criteria much less the ONLY criteria

So you can go on being shocked when a mass shooting occurs, or when someone wins  a lottery or when someone dies of cancer or has an abortion or an autistic kid and I'll continue to see these as common place events in this country

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2016, 04:54:18 PM »
Read the entire thread and 'i want ass' is coming across like a petulant child with only a rudamentary grasp on statistics. In each response he goes off topic with increasing personal attacks. You're frustrating him Strawman. Soon you'll be called a 'commie' or 'anti American'.

I can't even figure out why he gives a shit

shootings happen, on average, on a daily basis and at this point I see them as common events in this country

who would even care about such a statement and want to make an argument out of it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2016, 05:01:30 PM »

There you go. Webster dictionary actually uses autism as an example of an anomaly.  Wanna guess how much more common autism is than mass shootings? I'm sure Webster dictionary isn't good enough for grasping at straws man, but I'll agree with them on this 1

Thanks for providing this

Did you bother to even read it

It pretty easy to understand and no math is necessary

What I've said all along is that I fully expect another mass shooting to happen in the future and continue to happen

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2016, 05:04:30 PM »
Thanks for providing this

Did you bother to even read it

It pretty easy to understand and no math is necessary

What I've said all along is that I fully expect another mass shooting to happen in the future and continue to happen

Oh boy. Did you? Something that happens 370 times a year out of 320 million people is unexpected, which is why it is newsworthy and always a shock, and people hold vigils, etc.

I could give 2 fucks what you have come to expect.  You have the iq of a down syndrome person.

Just so I'm clear, let's explore your premise:

If something happens once per day in spite of/up to an infinite sample body, it is common

Does that about sum it up? Modify it as you see fit

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2016, 05:21:38 PM »
Oh boy. Did you? Something that happens 370 times a year out of 320 million people is unexpected, which is why it is newsworthy and always a shock, and people hold vigils, etc.

I could give 2 fucks what you have come to expect.  You have the iq of a down syndrome person.

Just so I'm clear, let's explore your premise:

If something happens once per day in spite of/up to an infinite sample body, it is common

Does that about sum it up? Modify it as you see fit

Of course they hold vigils when their loved ones are killed

I assume you're telling us you're shocked when you hear someone has won a lottery or dies of cancer or has an autistic child.

You just can't believe that happened?

I don't really give a shit about your personal math games.  

If you personally choose to look at anomalies in that manner that is your choice

Show me a definition that explicity defines the term based on math with explicit %'s as to what is and is not an anomaly and then we'll have something to talk about.

In the meantime I'll continue to expect another mass shooting to happen and won't be surpised when it does

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2016, 05:36:48 PM »
Of course they hold vigils when their loved ones are killed

I assume you're telling us you're shocked when you hear someone has won a lottery or dies of cancer or has an autistic child.

You just can't believe that happened?

I don't really give a shit about your personal math games.  

If you personally choose to look at anomalies in that manner that is your choice

Show me a definition that explicity defines the term based on math with explicit %'s as to what is and is not an anomaly and then we'll have something to talk about.

In the meantime I'll continue to expect another mass shooting to happen and won't be surpised when it does

I would absolutely be shocked if someone in my town/i knew won the lottery, died of cancer, or gave birth to an autistic child.  If it were something common, I wouldn't have to rely on an example from the National media.

I bet you are not afraid to go to movie theaters, frequent the gay clubs you love so much, or attend marathons.  Because +99% of the time those things operate in a normal fashion, free of mass murders.  In fact, as I've repeatedly mentioned and you've continually ignored, you don't have or know anyone with 1st hand experience of a mass shooting.  I bet you know a few autistic kids....

You don't get to come here and argue the occurrences of anomalies.  Mass shootings are anomalies and your last shred of hope is to quibble over the definition of the word, which means you are dumb or desperate.

What you won't do is have an expectation of a mass shooting happen to anyone you know, in your city, or in your favorite gay club