Author Topic: Asking for some traning advice..... please  (Read 4932 times)

Manthus_X

• Getbig II
Asking for some traning advice..... please
« on: March 28, 2006, 10:56:36 PM »
Hello,

Im new here, and have only pretty much been asking questions that a few people think are dumb.. haha but oh well this seems the best place to learn as many, if not all, of you seem very well informed and looking for information on the net now a days is too tedious.

Im still young so Im not sure if I am planning on being a body builder, all I know for now is I like making money.. I work out usually 3-5 days a week depeing on work ect. Nothing too serious, im scronny by definition but have some tone.. I weigh about 160-170.. no idea about body fat as I don't know how to measure it.

Anyways, When I work out I usually go for 1-1.5 hours but I don't focus on one of two areas per day. I use high weights low reps.. and don't do too much cardio right now.

My basic routine is like so:
day 1
Shoulders, Back, Bicepts, Tricepts, Chest, abs
day 2
Quads, hamds, calfs, abs

I just alternate like so and sometimes depending on how I am feeling I do it all in one day and move abs to last. I do only one type of work out for each area each day though and usually change the type I do on each muscle group daily, sometimes I leave it if I feel I need more of which ever work out.

Should I stop this and start going how most around here seem to, with two groups a day and more than 1 work out per group... if so, or if not, can you give me some examples of what you do per group each day. I've actually never tried it this way but by my estimation it would be harder as after the 1 type my muscles are sore and im already having trouble finishing my last rep. Again I do low reps of high weight (like 6 reps of 8 on whatever weight works good for that group)

Thanks in advance, Ive already got lots of advice from just reading the posts..

X

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
Re: Asking for some traning advice..... please
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 02:44:25 AM »
Good luck with training like that you fucking toolbox.
young niggah greedy

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 04:50:10 AM »
How long do you train now?

A two-day split is generally recomended to starters. But I don't understand the abs idea. It ain't neccesary to train those daily. Once a week is enough.

If you're training for a longer period of time,
it's better to split up and focus more on a certain muscle.

fe
day 1 legs
day 2 back and chest
day 3 shoulders and arms

It's important to have a restday between the workouts. You'll need a longer time to recover because your training a bigger area. And beside that, your shoulders need a day of rest between day 2 and 3.

If your almost sure that you can train more days, you can make a routine of four days.
You can decide for yourself which excersise you use,
just remember, dumbell/barbell over machine, start with compound excersises.

There's also a other thing with this workout, if you train back and chest, make sure you differ every couple of weeks, so one week you start with back, the other time with chest, the week after you do A-B, so one excersise back, then one excersise chest.
The same for arms (bicep/triceps)

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 09:19:13 AM »
A three day a week,full body workouts is what is always suggested for beginners. This has worked for thousands of men over the years. Doing too much, too soon is the main reason than most people give up on weight training the first two month's or so. The body is not use to the demands of the very concentrated efforts of weight training at first. This can be a basic shock to the CNS (central nervious system) and like running a hard mile for a person who has never ran before in his life. Trying to do splits is self defeating and foolish at best for any beginner. 1.5 hour workouts are a waste of time and probably doing you more harm, body wise, than good. Try for 30 to 45 minutes tops to insure proper recovery for the effort put in.

Set the basic compound exercise as the main stay of your three day a week workouts.  Do one exercise a body part and only do one set for the first week. Next week add another set for two weeks or so. Than try three sets total for each exercise for a three month workout plan. The three day a week (monday, wednsday & friday..or what ever days a week you choose) plan , with rest days on saturday & sunday can be ideal for your muscle gains.

For a full body workout might try doing:

Squats
BB row
Bench press
Curl..BB

All for 8-12 reps of three sets each exercise....three times a week. Throw in abs if you wish but only one or two sets will be need for them. After three months of the Big Boy's exercises you can explore other systems of training, but first you want to set a basic foundation for future training throught these full body workouts. Try to add a little weight or increase the reps to each exercise every workout. You can become very strong by just having your focus of these basic compound movements.  Good Luck.

Manthus_X

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 02:11:02 PM »
haha monster tricept your a tool, go away... how old are you 12? You act like a little kid on the net who tries to make fun of people and act tough on the net cause in real life you know you can't do shit... I was asking for advice, no need to say dumb shit... I stated I was not a body builder, and doing it this way has actually worked alright the past few years. Obviously I don't have body builder psysique but thats not what im looking for.

You think it is best to keep with the full body work out rather than focusing on each group daily?

In hindsight I kinda agree with a few groups at a time and only for 30-45 mins, as usually I start to get bummed out going for over a hour. Doing the full body workout I have gained definition but not much weight. Sometimes in the past I have tooken a lot of time off here and there and want to get more serious now. I don't think im planning on becomming a body builder but id like to start gaining a lot more weight and size.

The tools I have at home are dumbbells, a bench press and a small cable machine with a Lat pull down, leg extension, and a chest part that you can use as a bech press or peck deck.

Could you give me a regumine that you use currently, or something similar. I think im gonna start doing a different group on each day but how many different workouts do you do per group.

Thanks again for the replys,
X

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 05:05:02 PM »
some good suggestions so far ill just throw one out here as well with a routine.
monday
chest
flat bench 15-12-10-8-6  first two are warm ups
incline bench  10-10-10  moderate wieght
pull ups 10-8-6-4  add wieght when u can hence the low reps so u can focus on form.
deadlifts 15-12-10-8-6
abs
crunches 2sets of 20
leg lifts 2 sets of 20
 tuesday off
wensday
delts
barbell shoulder presses 15-12-10-8-6
barbell shrugs 10-10-10
close grip bench 15-12-10-8-6-
barbell curls 15-12-10-8-6-
thursday off
friday
barbell squats 15-12-10-8-6
stiff leg barbell deads 15-12-10-8-6
standing calve raises 15-12-10-8-6

sat and sunday off
monday repeat

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 05:33:59 PM »
Series-1
Flat BB bench press 5 sets working up in weight each set-6 to 10 reps super set with
5 sets of wide grip chins to the front
Rest a minute or two or until you are ready between each set of bench press and each set of chin-up
For instance warm up BB bench press 135 x 10, rest a minute then perform a wide grip chin with body weight for 10 reps (perfect form). When or if you can do five sets of 10 on the chins then add weight

Series-2
Incline DD press 5 sets working up in weight each set-8 to 10 reps super set with
5 sets of cable pulley rows working up in weight each set for 8 to 10 reps
Again rest a minute or two or until you are ready between each set of DD incline press and each set of rows

Series-3
Flat or slightly inclined DD flys 4 sets x 8 to 10 reps super set with
T-bar rows 4 sets x 8-10 reps
Rest a minute or two or until you are ready between each set of flys and each set of rows

I liked to finish of with two sets of dips for 10 to 12 reps

Do not rush between each chest and back exercise. This routine worked great for me. Try it for a month and see if it works for you.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 06:05:29 PM »
im scronny by definition but have some tone.. I weigh about 160-170.. no idea about body fat as I don't know how to measure it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA at least you have "tone" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Manthus_X

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 07:28:09 PM »
Awsome, thanks for the replys... ill try those out over the next while and see how it works.

and bossa, your a tool... you followed me here to attempt to mock me some more? You actually think your slow witted comments are hurting me? Do you honostly think im worried if im not a arnold look alike, I got better things in my life. I don't plan on being a body builder so who cares if I don't know the abbrevations for certain products or aren't a walking muscle.(no offence intended to anyone here)

For the most part ive found this site quite informative, but it always amuses me at the idiocy of some people on the internet who pop in dumb one liners trying to make fun of people for something of no real relevance. Like bossa, who try to make fun of someone and log off all smiles cause they "won the day" by making fun of someone online. In real life we all know your the kinda guy who we all like to make cry... no matter how big you try and act over the internet behind your alter ego.

Thanks again for the advice guys, ill be sure to try it out.

X

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 08:24:43 PM »
Awsome, thanks for the replys... ill try those out over the next while and see how it works.

and bossa, your a tool... you followed me here to attempt to mock me some more? You actually think your slow witted comments are hurting me? Do you honostly think im worried if im not a arnold look alike, I got better things in my life. I don't plan on being a body builder so who cares if I don't know the abbrevations for certain products or aren't a walking muscle.(no offence intended to anyone here)

For the most part ive found this site quite informative, but it always amuses me at the idiocy of some people on the internet who pop in dumb one liners trying to make fun of people for something of no real relevance. Like bossa, who try to make fun of someone and log off all smiles cause they "won the day" by making fun of someone online. In real life we all know your the kinda guy who we all like to make cry... no matter how big you try and act over the internet behind your alter ego.

Thanks again for the advice guys, ill be sure to try it out.

X

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Meltdown #2 HAHAHAHA

Manthus_X

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 08:31:27 PM »
hahaha thats so funny dude... get a dictionary and look up that word before you use it.

Im simply stating how much of a tool you are to need to get your jollys by trying to make fun of other people OVER THE INTERNET.... only net nerds and 12yr olds do that cause they can't say shit in real life for the fear of being pounded. Why are you following me and posting trying to mock me, get a life dude...

X

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 08:44:12 PM »
hahaha thats so funny dude... get a dictionary and look up that word before you use it.

Im simply stating how much of a tool you are to need to get your jollys by trying to make fun of other people OVER THE INTERNET.... only net nerds and 12yr olds do that cause they can't say shit in real life for the fear of being pounded. Why are you following me and posting trying to mock me, get a life dude...

X

hahahahahaha yes because your 160 lb "toned" body is so damn intimidating hahahahahaha ::)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 09:04:35 PM »
You should train lower body in the morning and upperbody in the evening. 4 hours each time. everyday. you'll make great progress.
just push some weight!

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 09:26:59 PM »
alexxx gets his lower body trained for 4 hours every night by his highschool janitor Big Ed.
its comin today

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 09:28:23 PM »
alexxx gets his lower body trained for 4 hours every night by his highschool janitor Big Ed.

Sir William Dickcleaner is on a romping quest.  :-X
just push some weight!

Manthus_X

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 10:43:46 PM »
You don't seriously train for 8 hours a day do you?.. I don't got that kinda free time, I wish I did.

And bossa who said anything about me being intimidating, no one.. you assume much kid.

X

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 02:08:20 AM »
"manthus_x" i add you by this to the list.
Your disrespect against our respected squad member can not be tolerated.
Because i'm in a very good mood this day i can understand you didn't knew Bossa was a member of the Squad so only if you beg for foregiveness we can still stop the crucifying process.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 06:17:59 AM »

Alexxxx doesn't even need a gym bag. He just puts all his gym gear up his bored-out anus.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 06:26:21 AM »
Yes Mars if "Manthong-x" begs for forgiveness he can be saved from the inevitable brutal ownings to follow if he continues with this "tough guy" charade

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 07:27:13 AM »
Manthrust X has already been deemed a pillowbiting starfish licker. He will regret his insolence

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 07:32:41 AM »
"manthus_x" ::)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 09:13:59 AM »
Looks like you are making a lot of friends there X. Welcome to the boards.
just push some weight!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 09:16:11 AM »
Manthrust X has already been deemed a pillowbiting starfish licker. He will regret his insolence

yes Groink "mantwat_x"  certainly seems to love the cock

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 12:41:36 PM »
LMFAO this thread cracks me up

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT