Author Topic: Challenge to Chick/Solomon: Put Wayne DeMilia on the Radio Show  (Read 18671 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Challenge to Chick/Solomon: Put Wayne DeMilia on the Radio Show
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2006, 02:45:17 PM »
Once again, as I've stated before, "all relevant voices will be heard". 
Dan

So, one of two things is true, according to your statement.
1) Bob Chick is wrong.
2) Wayne DeMilia is not relevant.

Which is it?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2006, 02:47:23 PM »
So, once you have Wayne on and let him talk freely, we'll believe you, and give you appropriate kudos.

Until then, we'll remain skeptical.

Mr. Solomon,

This radio show is your baby.  You have a HUGE chance to establish your show as a relevant and UNBIASED source of information for ALL athletes.  Will you embrace this opportunity?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2006, 02:55:44 PM »
Gentlemen,  I've enjoyed reading the various theories that my show is "controlled or owned".  Pro Bodybuilding Weekly was invented and produced by yours truly.  The show has welcomed members of ALL camps....including Weider, MD, Ironman, MuscleMag, the IFBB, etc...  Our guests have been encouraged to express their opinions freely.  Athletes have taken shots at each other.....journalists have taken shots at the Olympia...and so on.  We have also openly discussed the various developments with the proposed new organization.  This is NOT an issue that we have hid from.  I realize that there are people who would like to think that we are "controlled"....but I can assure you, all production decisions start and stop right here.  Each show is heard on-demand worldwide by nearly 90,000 bodybuilding fans each week....plus 35,000 Podcast subscribers.   These numbers don't even include the tens of thousands of fans who tune in Live.  The sponsor support and media coverage has been terrific.  Nine months ago, the show did not even exist....I'd say the formula is working.  Sadly, there will always be a handful of individuals who choose a path of negativity.  Once again, as I've stated before, "all relevant voices will be heard".  -- On a serious note, thanks for supporting the show!   

Dan

www.ProBodybuildingWeekly.com

Whats funny about this paragraph is how much he is saying how his show reaches so many fans and supports BB 1005 yet no where is the initital PDI.  Man I'd like to see the Arbitron numbers supporting those figures you throw out.  Plus, for a guy who has spent maybe $100,000 in radio ads promoting things I have done since 1987, I really never believed those findings from Arbitron.  With so many other forms of entertainment available the radio station is taking some kind of hit.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 03:03:49 PM »
  Sadly, there will always be a handful of individuals who choose a path of negativity.  Once again, as I've stated before, "all relevant voices will be heard".

Dan

desire to hear about the new federation = path of negativity ??

you'll have to explain that one Dan.

Your generic statements imply that Wayne/PDI are somehow not relavant to bodybuilding.
Your damage control post (on Chicks behalf) seems to have danced around the original question (title of thread)

its pretty simple Dan.

1) No we don't want Wayne on our show because _______
2) Yes we will have Wayne on our show on this date ______

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2006, 03:04:50 PM »
Man I'd like to see the Arbitron numbers supporting those figures you throw out.  Plus, for a guy who has spent maybe $100,000 in radio ads promoting things I have done since 1987, I really never believed those findings from Arbitron. 

So you'd like to see the Arbitron numbers, yet you never believed the findings. Hmm yeah that makes sense.

::)

For someone who is so savvy with radio, you should know that internet radio is NOT monitored by arbitron and its not controlled by the FCC.  In fact, internet radio audience numbers are very easy to track because everytime someone accesses the archive file for a past show, the stat service registers it and counts it as a listener. This allows the show to track the actual and exact numbers for each show every week. 
Elevate Your Image.™

comebackkid

• Getbig II
  • Purple Posing Trunks are So Tough!
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2006, 03:50:24 PM »
Gentlemen,  I've enjoyed reading the various theories that my show is "controlled or owned".  Pro Bodybuilding Weekly was invented and produced by yours truly.  The show has welcomed members of ALL camps....including Weider, MD, Ironman, MuscleMag, the IFBB, etc...  Our guests have been encouraged to express their opinions freely.  Athletes have taken shots at each other.....journalists have taken shots at the Olympia...and so on.  We have also openly discussed the various developments with the proposed new organization.  This is NOT an issue that we have hid from.  I realize that there are people who would like to think that we are "controlled"....but I can assure you, all production decisions start and stop right here.  Each show is heard on-demand worldwide by nearly 90,000 bodybuilding fans each week....plus 35,000 Podcast subscribers.   These numbers don't even include the tens of thousands of fans who tune in Live.  The sponsor support and media coverage has been terrific.  Nine months ago, the show did not even exist....I'd say the formula is working.  Sadly, there will always be a handful of individuals who choose a path of negativity.  Once again, as I've stated before, "all relevant voices will be heard".  -- On a serious note, thanks for supporting the show!   

Dan

DAN: PLEASE EXPLAIN TO US WITH SOME DETAIL AND SPECIFICITY WHY YOU CONSIDER THE PDI IRRELEVANT, OR AT LEAST NOT RELEVANT ENOUGH TO BE DISCUSSED ON YOUR PROGRAM. HOW IS THE FORMER IFBB "BIG SHOT" WAYNE DEMILLA ANNOUNCING AND TAKING CONCRETE STEPS TO ORGANIZE A NEW BODYBUILDING FEDERATION WHICH WILL HAVE AN IMPACT ON ALL ATHLETES IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT ORGANIZATION THEY COMPETE IN NOT A RELEVANT ISSUE? THE ATHLETES PROBLABLY THIRST MORE FOR DETAILS THAT THE FANS

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2006, 04:08:38 PM »
 This radio show is looking pretty pathetic. If they are planning on having Wayne on the show, why not just say it?

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2006, 04:11:56 PM »
DAN: PLEASE EXPLAIN TO US WITH SOME DETAIL AND SPECIFICITY WHY YOU CONSIDER THE PDI IRRELEVANT, OR AT LEAST NOT RELEVANT ENOUGH TO BE DISCUSSED ON YOUR PROGRAM.

You crack me up.  I have not made any statements whatsoever to suggest whether or not I am having any particular guests on the show.  Over the past 32 shows we have booked an assortment of guests...and we will continue to do so.  I never once said that I consider anything or anyone irrelevant.  Those are your words....not mine.  The list for future guests is WIDE OPEN.  Hang in there.....you won't be disapointed  (but then again....some people will ALWAYS find reasons to bitch).  Once again, all relevant voices will be heard...and new guests will be announced each week.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2006, 04:16:27 PM »
Once again, all relevant voices will be heard...

Good, so Wayne will be on the show.  That will clear up a lot of rumors and assumptions that are being made about the new Pro Division.  Also, I would like to hear Wayne's side of the story as to what happened with him and the IFBB.     

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2006, 04:25:26 PM »
First off, I've never said Wayne will never be on the show...I've also never stated my position on the whole "PDI" idea.

I have stated MANY times, that bringing Wayne on now will make for nothing more than speculation, and gray-area answers since many of the things he has in place are NOT solidified.

Example:

Q. So wayne, other than Jack London, what pro's from the IFBB are coming over?

A. I cant really comment on that at this time, as some are under contract.....

Q. Wayne, what sponsors are on board and will be sponsoring the NOC?

A. Well, I cant really name them at this time, blah, blah,.....

etc, etc.

Tell you what...lets have Wayne agree to actually name names and give sponsors, and commit to giving us the facts, and maybe we got something...

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2006, 04:25:49 PM »
Lets see the "Pro division" actually see the light of day before we talk about it.

Right now, it's nothing more than an idea....much like when Titus was on incoherently rambling on about the "WPI"...and we all know how that turned out....!

OK don't piss on my leg and telling me it's raining!!!!  Comparing Titus to DeMila is equally insulting!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2006, 04:36:25 PM »
First off, I've never said Wayne will never be on the show...I've also never stated my position on the whole "PDI" idea.

I have stated MANY times, that bringing Wayne on now will make for nothing more than speculation, and gray-area answers since many of the things he has in place are NOT solidified.

Example:

Q. So wayne, other than Jack London, what pro's from the IFBB are coming over?

A. I cant really comment on that at this time, as some are under contract.....

Q. Wayne, what sponsors are on board and will be sponsoring the NOC?

A. Well, I cant really name them at this time, blah, blah,.....

etc, etc.

Tell you what...lets have Wayne agree to actually name names and give sponsors, and commit to giving us the facts, and maybe we got something...

These are very good points. How much is Wayne actually willing to say?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2006, 04:44:03 PM »
Wayne would LOVE to do the show.  I can't imagine he WANTS to do the show, just so he can say 'no comment' for 55 minutes.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2006, 04:47:46 PM »
Guess we'll have to wait for Waynes answer on that wont we?

I'm sure Dan would agree....If Wayne has any pro's he'll name, any sponsors worth mentioning, etc....I have no problem with him as a guest. Hell, I'd love to know the answers myself...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2006, 04:50:38 PM »

I'm sure Dan would agree....If Wayne has any pro's he'll name, any sponsors worth mentioning, etc....I have no problem with him as a guest.

Bodybuilding.com will be sponsoring and covering the NOC, Bob.

Are they worth mentioning?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2006, 04:58:47 PM »
Bodybuilding.com will be sponsoring and covering the NOC, Bob.

Are they worth mentioning?

News to me pal...not my dept.

sure about that?

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2006, 05:12:18 PM »
hey 240 how come you say your websites are 300 when i just looked and they are 425...plus 10 a month after that?? come on now.  be straight with your clientel!!
d[-_-]b actin all cool

comebackkid

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2006, 05:12:59 PM »
Guess we'll have to wait for Waynes answer on that wont we?

I'm sure Dan would agree....If Wayne has any pro's he'll name, any sponsors worth mentioning, etc....I have no problem with him as a guest. Hell, I'd love to know the answers myself...

No need to wait on you Chickie. Wayne has already spoken:

http://www.musclemayhem.com/podcasts/index.php?id=19

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2006, 05:14:48 PM »
hey 240 how come you say your websites are 300 when i just looked and they are 425...plus 10 a month after that?? come on now.  be straight with your clientel!!

That was the pricing structure in January.  However, by making my operations more efficient, I was able to return to the price of $300 for everything.

Where did you see that? Here is my price page
http://fallshineband.com/one/prices.htm

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2006, 05:16:34 PM »

Great!  No real need to have him on the show then is there?

case closed, everyone!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2006, 05:20:14 PM »

case closed, everyone!

Case closed?

Don't you want every pro BBer to have as many opportunities as possible?

I'm not getting this... Why would you let Titus on, when all he had was a dream.  But you won't let DeMilia on, and he has secured a location/date and is already selling tickets?

Are you going to wait until AFTER this lucrative show to even consider having him on as a guest?

comebackkid

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2006, 05:20:33 PM »

case closed, everyone!

Great Rational. Coleman gave an interview to flex magazine. Lee Priest gave an interview to MD. No need to have these people on the show either, huh? They've already spoken and therefore, there could be nothing else to ask, right?

God, you've just exposed yourself as weak minded. Do you think your logic holds. Hell, you'd think if you were truly independent on the issue (god forbid that you biased towards the athletes' interests), you'd jump at the opportunity to interview Wayne.

But no, at the first and slightest pretext...you find reason not to have Wayne on. Too bad you rational is moronic.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2006, 05:25:31 PM »
That was the pricing structure in January.  However, by making my operations more efficient, I was able to return to the price of $300 for everything.

Where did you see that? Here is my price page
http://fallshineband.com/one/prices.htm

on 300website.com it said 425 for a complete website...plus 1o
d[-_-]b actin all cool

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2006, 05:30:56 PM »
oh, good catch. typo on my home page. I'm so busy with client pages that I often neglect my own!

yeah, $300 for a complete site, free domain name and hosting, and all the business/marketing advice you will ever need!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2006, 05:44:27 PM »

As YOU stated...no need to wait on me, right?

I've already had many conversations with athletes looking for some guidence...some I suggested to give the PDI a shot (if it materializes) some I suggested they don't for an array of reasons. As all the athletes know, I have a confidentiality approach where they are comfortable in asking me whatever they wish, and it being secure info.

I'm also smart enough to know when a good opportunity will arise so we can "jump at the chance" to interview wayne.

As I've stated...when Wayne has something to say...I'm sure we can work hiom into the schedule...until a show is realized, a athlete steps on a PD stage, and a check clears the bank....it's all just speculation, and a nice premise...