Author Topic: tbombz is now Catholic  (Read 31354 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: tbombz is now Catholic
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2016, 04:30:05 AM »
Its got nothing to do with hating or liking god.  You are not entitled to make up history on the fly.

Stop being a fucking moron.

Straw man and curse all you want.  I'm fully aware of church history.  I'm also fully aware of what you stand for and it doesn't interest me.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2016, 04:33:43 AM »
You have trouble discerning the difference between hating on a god and the validity of one.

There are 100's of Christian denominations, literally countless interpretations of the Bible, tailored to your liking - the word of god reduced to an ambiguous, contradictory, and incomprehensible collection of books.

But I know, you see it clearly, you are enlightened. Every theist is.

Cliche, cliche, cliche.....done this dance over and over.  I'm not worried about any little atheist opinions anymore.  Just use google or whatever....I don't care.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2016, 08:46:33 AM »
You are ignorant AND uncouth...

Wow. The truth is far from your pathetic words.  Look, I don't really know you well enough to like or dislike you but I can tell you this much. 

You are behaving as a preteen with a thesaurus would.   It's okay. We all do it.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2016, 10:19:33 AM »
Come on... does anyone here not know that Taylor is a tremendously troubled man, who's run the gamut of self-destructing behaviors and has now found the most destructive one of all: religion? Is anyone here surprised by this latest turn of events?

Taylor's life has imploded, and he's just grasping at straws, desperately seeking to find some ray of hope. First it was cock. Now it's the promise of an eternal perfect life - which probably sounds tremendously appealing to a self-hating gay man living in denial about his HIV and facing the reality of an empty future. So he clung onto that promise - the kind that religion makes - and became a born-again Christian. Like so many others, he'll drift from faith to faith, seeking to convince himself by pretending to convince others that this time he's found the truth, and that he's a new spiritual man, one over whom HIV no longer holds any sway.

This will go on and on. If he's lucky, the fog of self-denial will clear and he'll realize that what he's doing is meaningless and that by lying to himself, he's wasting the only thing that does matter: the time he still has left.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2016, 11:25:45 AM »
Does Taylor repents his past sins? If not, he is not Christian or Catholic.

I think he enjoys being a POZ bear.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2016, 11:28:31 AM »
Catholicism is the original Christian religion.

That's just historical fact.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2016, 11:34:26 AM »
Come on... does anyone here not know that Taylor is a tremendously troubled man, who's run the gamut of self-destructing behaviors and has now found the most destructive one of all: religion? Is anyone here surprised by this latest turn of events?

Taylor's life has imploded, and he's just grasping at straws, desperately seeking to find some ray of hope. First it was cock. Now it's the promise of an eternal perfect life - which probably sounds tremendously appealing to a self-hating gay man living in denial about his HIV and facing the reality of an empty future. So he clung onto that promise - the kind that religion makes - and became a born-again Christian. Like so many others, he'll drift from faith to faith, seeking to convince himself by pretending to convince others that this time he's found the truth, and that he's a new spiritual man, one over whom HIV no longer holds any sway.

This will go on and on. If he's lucky, the fog of self-denial will clear and he'll realize that what he's doing is meaningless and that by lying to himself, he's wasting the only thing that does matter: the time he still has left.

At least he's still Christian.

It could be worse, he could have gone Muslim :D
Q

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2016, 11:54:21 AM »
I just sent him a getbig shout out in the YT comments section... let's see if it gives him a boost to his morale.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2016, 12:14:10 PM »
Catholicism is the original Christian religion.

That's just historical fact.

This is correct.  The church of Rome was the foundation, but that founding church and today's RC church are two very different things.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2016, 12:21:09 PM »
At least he's still Christian.

It could be worse, he could have gone Muslim :D

maybe the muslim tbombz is yet to come!  :D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2016, 12:44:12 PM »
x

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2016, 12:53:21 PM »
This is correct.  The church of Rome was the foundation, but that founding church and today's RC church are two very different things.

Not to be argumentative, but I don't think it's anyone's call as to what the founding Christian religion deems as "Christian" other than themselves.

That's just my take on it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2016, 12:56:21 PM »
Leave the kid alone already.

Does he even post here?
Y

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2016, 01:02:47 PM »
This is correct.  The church of Rome was the foundation, but that founding church and today's RC church are two very different things.

Classic revisionism.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2016, 01:08:27 PM »

what scripture can read that will show me that?
a

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2016, 03:41:31 PM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2016, 03:43:04 PM »
maybe the muslim tbombz is yet to come!  :D

That'll be the day!!!

Q

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2016, 03:43:19 PM »
what scripture can read that will show me that?

Not scripture....that's Gods word.  Try the Catechism.......not God's word.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2016, 03:45:09 PM »
Classic revisionism.

LOL always been my position.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2016, 04:55:11 PM »
Classic revisionism.

You can tell he had no clue that Catholics were the original Christian (as did many in this thread) until I educated him on it.

Now he is trying to save face.  I often find myself, as an atheist, knowing A LOT more about religion, all religions, than the so called people who pretend to live it and know it.

Its pretty amusing really.  They are spending so much time with religion, yet have no clue really about it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2016, 05:20:10 PM »
Come on... does anyone here not know that Taylor is a tremendously troubled man, who's run the gamut of self-destructing behaviors and has now found the most destructive one of all: religion? Is anyone here surprised by this latest turn of events?

Tbombz is still struggling with inner demons. He recently got divorced and I believe he may have had sexual relations with men, which he may now feeling guilty about. The problem is that religion is not enough for Tbombz. He most likely has deep issues that need to be resolved in a professional manner--religion will not be enough for him. There are many places that offer Catholic based counseling. This will keep Tbombz in line with his faith, while also addressing the unresolved issues that he struggles with.

http://www.catholiccharitiesdpb.org/counseling-services

http://catholicpsych.com/
X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2016, 05:31:12 PM »
Tbombz is still struggling with inner demons. He recently got divorced and I believe he may have had sexual relations with men, which he may now feeling guilty about. The problem is that religion is not enough for Tbombz. He most likely has deep issues that need to be resolved in a professional manner--religion will not be enough for him. There are many places that offer Catholic based counseling. This will keep Tbombz in line with his faith, while also addressing the unresolved issues that he struggles with.

http://www.catholiccharitiesdpb.org/counseling-services

http://catholicpsych.com/

His issues will never be resolved , only managed and that's assuming he's willing to acknowledge them to begin with.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2016, 05:32:58 PM »
His issues will never be resolved , only managed and that's assuming he's willing to acknowledge them to begin with.

Yes, I misspoke. You are right. Not resolved, but processed and managed better.

Either way, Tbombz has always been "off." I hope he can manage himself better.
X

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2016, 08:57:58 PM »
Cultish group the Catholics.  Worshiping Mary is ridiculous.  Mortal and venial sins.  Indulgences.  Putting a mere man as speaking for God (the Pope) and more.

There is much in Christendom that I think the Christ does not approve of.  

1) Catholics do not worship Mary. We simply acknowledge the honor that Christ bestowed upon Her.

2) Jesus Christ Himself makes a distinction between various degrees on sin. He rebukes the Pharisees, because although they tithed their garden herbs, they failed to practice the "weightier matters of the law." They strained out a gnat but swallowed a camel. Therefore, there are indeed weightier matters of the law, and there are small sins like gnats and big sins like camels.

3) Indulgences are blessings in reward for repentance and good works. The Bible is very clear that we do in fact earn blessings through repentance and good works.

4) Jesus Christ is the one who told Peter, "Thou art Peter (rock), and on this Rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, and whatever you bind on Earth will be bound in Heaven, and whatever you loose on Earth will be loosed in Heaven." In the same way that God inspired fallible men to write infallible scripture, He also inspires fallible men to pronounce infallible doctrine. He has granted the Church this power to "bind and loose," and even told the Apostles, after giving them The Holy Spirit:  "whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, whose sins you retain are retained."  It is no suprise that God appoints a man to act as His representative, its the way He has always done it.... from Noah, Moses, King David, Isaiah, etc. The Bible is a book of infallible scriptures. God used sinful human beings to write it. In the same way, He has promised to guide His Church into all truth, through the office given to Peter as Chief Shepherd, holder of the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, with power to bind and loose, and power to forgive sin.

He's now sola Roma.  I'm still sola gratia, fide and scriptura.

"Sola Roma" wouldn't be entirely fair, since we do have the Scriptures, the Tradition, and the Living Magesterium to guide us, in addition to the Pope.

Sola Fide and Sola Scriptura... the Apostle Paul may have something to say about those two ideas...

"hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us,"

and

"If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing."

:)

I thought Catholicism was a subsection of Judaism.

Catholicism is the fulfillment of Judaism.

In the first book of the Hebrew Bible, after Adam and Eve bite from the forbidden fruit, God promises that a descendant of Eve will destroy the evil Serpent who deceived them. In the Law given to Moses for the Israelites, a sacrificial system is implemented by which the sins of the people were placed on first born live stock without blemish, and the blood sacrifice would cover their sins. King David spoke of a day when one of his descendants would take rule forever, and when King David spoke about his descendant, he called his great grandchild "Lord." When the Prophet Isaiah spoke of the coming Messiah, he called him "Mighty God, Eternal Father," and spoke about his excruciating death, by which he would suffer on behalf of Israel's sins, and would bring redemption through his sacrifice.

None of these prophecies found in the Hebrew Bible ever came true - except for in the incarnation, crucifixion, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

This is correct.  The church of Rome was the foundation, but that founding church and today's RC church are two very different things.

If you want, the complete works of the Early Church Fathers are available online for free on many websites. You can read from men who were trained by the Apostles, men who were bishops and priests in the Church around the year 100 AD, and hear from them firsthand what the Church looked like and believed.

Fandangle

« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2016, 09:06:03 PM »
1) Catholics

what do u think of this vid? please take the time to watch it -

Hmmmm....