Author Topic: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020  (Read 420126 times)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
Re: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2018, 05:00:16 PM »
What do you mean by this? He graduated Havard Law J.D. magna cum laude. He passed the bar and worked as a civil rights attorney at Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland for 11 years. He was a professor at the University of Chicago Law School for 12 years. -Seems pretty real to me.

Do you have similar credentials? If so, do you consider yourself a real lawyer?

He was not a law professor; he lectured.  This is not a minor point.  Law professors have students for an entire semester, counsel them, grade their papers, administer tests, etc. 

That he was welcome there for 12 years is significant, though.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2018, 05:35:18 PM »
What do you mean by this? He graduated Havard Law J.D. magna cum laude. He passed the bar and worked as a civil rights attorney at Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland for 11 years. He was a professor at the University of Chicago Law School for 12 years. -Seems pretty real to me.

Do you have similar credentials? If so, do you consider yourself a real lawyer?

He never even tried a case.   He has less experience as a lawyer than a dude who handled traffic tickets -

Jacoby and Meyers would never hire him even in the mail room.  That you voted for him as potus - that is your stain and burden to bear.   Not mine.  Otwink is a joke.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »
He never even tried a case.   He has less experience as a lawyer than a dude who handled traffic tickets -

Jacoby and Meyers would never hire him even in the mail room.  That you voted for him as potus - that is your stain and burden to bear.   Not mine.  Otwink is a joke.

Not that it matters, but you are possibly and technically mistaken. He argued a case before a federal appellate court.

Note, we are discussing Obama's qualifications or lack there of as a real lawyer. We are not discussing who either you or I voted for in 2008, probably because it isn't relevant.

Sorry can't help myself, but how many cases have you tried? I know, I know it isn't pertinent to our discussion, but I felt compelled to ask. You don't have to answer and you probably won't based on your previous ignorance of my questions to you about your profession.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2018, 09:37:52 PM »

He didn't file for bankruptcy multiple times or brag about groping {sexually assaulting) women...  so get off that friggin Walmart store front quarter a ride high horse of yours.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2018, 09:47:56 PM »
I do not subscribe to any idea that Obama was uneducated. The value of what he was educated/expert in is another story.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2018, 05:30:14 AM »
Not that it matters, but you are possibly and technically mistaken. He argued a case before a federal appellate court.

Note, we are discussing Obama's qualifications or lack there of as a real lawyer. We are not discussing who either you or I voted for in 2008, probably because it isn't relevant.

Sorry can't help myself, but how many cases have you tried? I know, I know it isn't pertinent to our discussion, but I felt compelled to ask. You don't have to answer and you probably won't based on your previous ignorance of my questions to you about your profession.

Many over the last 18 years.   Obama is the Al Sharpton of Lawyers.  No qualifications, worthless, incompetent, ignorant, and unable to perform up to speed.  That is why he went into ghetto organizing.  he could never hack it as a lawyer, on any level.   He was too busy chooming, doing coke and blow, hooking up w people at the bath house, etc.   

Would you ever hire him. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2018, 05:52:48 AM »
He didn't file for bankruptcy multiple times or brag about groping {sexually assaulting) women...  so get off that friggin Walmart store front quarter a ride high horse of yours.

Do you like admire Obuma ?
I can’t stand the Effeminate Ponce
Think he was an awful president & Joke as a world leader

Opinions vary. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2018, 09:35:30 AM »

Obama the clown was frequently broke and in credit card debt. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2018, 03:54:41 PM »
 :D
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »
Joaquin Castro says brother Julián is running for president in 2020
BY CHRIS MILLS RODRIGO - 12/13/18

Joaquín Castro said on Thursday that his brother, Julián Castro, would be running for president in 2020.

“I’ll speak on his behalf here, he’s going to run for president," Joaquín Castro told Stephen Colbert after the host egged Julián Castro on about announcing a potential bid for the White House.

Julián Castro smiled and pointed at his brother, but did not deny the statement.

Julián Castro, a former Housing and Urban Development Secretary, set up an exploratory committee on Wednesday to test out his possible candidacy.

"Americans are ready to climb out of this darkness. We're ready to keep our promises, and we're not going to wait. We're going to work," Castro had said in a video statement posted on a website for the committee.

"That's why I'm exploring a candidacy for president of the United States in 2020."

Julián Castro said he planned to make an official decision about running on Jan. 12.

If he were to run, Julián Castro would likely face a crowded field for the Democratic nomination. Likely contenders also include former Vice President Joe Biden, Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and Cory Booker (D-N.J.), and Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Tx.).

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/421344-joaquin-castro-says-his-brother-julian-is-running-for-president-in-2020

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2018, 06:48:43 PM »
 8)
a

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2018, 09:10:48 PM »
Joe Biden would be the most "meh" candidate ever.

Another old Democrat.

They need to do better.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2018, 06:21:35 PM »
Absolutely horrible slate of candidates. 

Q-Poll: Biden Tops List of Dem Presidential Hopefuls
By Jeffrey Rodack    |   Wednesday, 19 December 2018
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/quinnipiac-university-joe-biden-democrats-presidential/2018/12/19/id/895138/

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2018, 06:30:24 PM »
Absolutely horrible slate of candidates. 

Q-Poll: Biden Tops List of Dem Presidential Hopefuls
By Jeffrey Rodack    |   Wednesday, 19 December 2018
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/quinnipiac-university-joe-biden-democrats-presidential/2018/12/19/id/895138/

yeah, Democrats are screwed

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2018, 08:01:24 PM »
Biden is a nightmare for Trump because as an old white man himself he will siphon old, white votes from Trump.  Not too mention Biden all but guarantees that Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin all return to the Democratic column.  Also puts Ohio and Florida back in play.  With all that being said, I'd prefer a younger, more progressive choice than Biden but will be much happier voting for Biden than I was voting for Clinton.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2018, 08:41:25 PM »
Biden is a nightmare for Trump because as an old white man himself he will siphon old, white votes from Trump.  Not too mention Biden all but guarantees that Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin all return to the Democratic column.  Also puts Ohio and Florida back in play.  With all that being said, I'd prefer a younger, more progressive choice than Biden but will be much happier voting for Biden than I was voting for Clinton.
Those Biden kissing and touching kids pics will be everywhere, I can't wait!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2018, 10:26:58 PM »

This is the same man who Democrats repeatedly rejected as a presidential candidate.  Anything can happen, but he has numerous problems.  First and most importantly, he's not that bright.  Second, he hasn't really accomplished anything after spending most of his life on the taxpayer's dime.  Third, his history of gaffes, plagiarism, and (as chaos pointed out) his creepiness will get play, at least on conservative media.  Fourth, he's a terrible debater. 

Other than that he's an outstanding candidate.   

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2018, 11:42:04 PM »
Chuck sure seems to be growing his hair back somehow.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »
Who’s serious about running in 2020? Look at who’s calling the powerbrokers
By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

CONCORD, N.H. – Longtime New Hampshire lawmaker Lou D’Allesandro says he’s been receiving a lot of out-of-state calls lately.

“It seems like everybody running for president is in the Christmas spirit, because they’re all calling and wishing us happy holidays,” the Democrat, who’s known as the ‘dean’ of the state Senate, told Fox News.

D’Allesandro listed roughly a dozen potential White House hopefuls who’ve reached out to him over the past couple months.

The buzz of activity reflects just how early the 2020 race is getting underway. And it speaks to another layer to the visits being made by potential candidates to early-voting states like New Hampshire and Iowa. Not only are they publicly introducing themselves to voters, but they’re quietly courting Democratic lawmakers and rainmakers who could prove powerful allies in a primary campaign.

The activity is particularly heightened in New Hampshire, the state that for a century has held the first presidential primary.

After Democrats won back the majority in both chambers of the state legislature last month, the new leaders of the state House and Senate quickly took calls from some high-profile figures – who just happen to be commanding 2020 buzz.

House Speaker Steve Shurtleff said he received congratulatory calls from former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey and Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts.

Elizabeth Warren wants the government to manufacture its own generic drugs, but what would happen during a shutdown?Video
“Being a prior Biden supporter in ’08, it’s always nice to hear from the former vice president,” the longtime state lawmaker from Concord said.

Senate President Donna Soucy said Biden, Booker and Warren phoned her as well. She added that she received calls from a couple other potential White House hopefuls, including Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio.

“I went to law school with him,” Soucy noted.

Aside from reaching out to state powerbrokers, the potential 2020 contenders are getting ready to staff up.

“There’s probably half a dozen of them that are currently trying to obtain staff,” New Hampshire Democratic Party Chairman Ray Buckley told Fox News.

Among those shopping for Democratic operatives in New Hampshire are Booker, Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon and Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii.

Both Booker and Gabbard made trips to the state earlier this month. Booker’s two-day swing – where he keynoted a state Democratic Party 2018 midterm election victory celebration and headlined three jam-packed house parties – appeared to be a tune-up for things to come. And Gabbard attracted an overflow crowd for a meet and greet at a Democratic Party county office. Merkley, meanwhile, has quietly made plenty of friends among the activist class during five trips this year to New Hampshire.

Buckley, who’s served for a decade as state party chairman, said he’s been taking plenty of calls from potential contenders.

“I’m encouraging all of them to consider it,” he shared.

And he said those who have made up their minds ask “my recommendations for staff.”

Outgoing Maryland Rep. John Delaney, meanwhile, was first in – announcing his presidential campaign in July of last year – just six months into Donald Trump’s presidency.

Now, Delaney is first in when it comes to direct mail – with his campaign sending out Christmas cards and mailers to approximately 90,000 Democratic and independent households in New Hampshire in recent days. The mailers – the first in the state by any candidate in the 2020 cycle – were headlined “Want to topple Trump? Take John Delaney seriously.”

Delaney, who’ll have three staffers on the ground when he returns to New Hampshire in a few weeks, visited the state more than a dozen times since announcing his longshot White House bid – in hopes of cementing relationships and building up his relatively low name recognition.

Another potential contender with little name ID – Rep. Eric Swalwell of California – has dropped into the Granite State twice in the past two months.

SWALWELL DECLARES TRUMP'S DAYS OF 'PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY' ARE OVER

Swalwell, who told Fox News he’s “seriously looking at running for president,” held multiple meetings with Democratic lawmakers and activists during his 24-hour trip.

Also laying groundwork during three New Hampshire trips this year is Julian Castro. The former San Antonio, Texas mayor who later served as Housing and Urban Development secretary under then-President Barack Obama recently announced the formation of a presidential exploratory committee.

JULIAN CASTRO SUGGESTS NEW GUARD HAS 2020 EDGE

Former Vice President Biden – who doesn’t need any help when it comes to name recognition – hasn’t stopped in the Granite State since headlining a major state party fundraiser in the spring of 2017.

But some of his top New Hampshire supporters are eagerly awaiting a signal.

Joe Biden is reportedly upset that Barack Obama is meeting with Beto O'Rourke, other potential 2020 challengersVideo
“I’m ready now,” said longtime state Rep. Dan Eaton, a longtime friend of the former vice president who co-chaired Biden’s 2008 presidential campaign in New Hampshire. “I’ll certainly be ready in January and I’ve been keeping contact with several key people, and also lots of new folks.”

While he hasn’t visited here in more than a year and a half, members of Biden’s political team have reached out to top Granite State allies.

“There’s been a reach out from the team just on keeping information up to date and correct,” Eaton shared.

Buckley said the field remains wide open in New Hampshire.

He emphasized that the striking difference between this cycle and the 2016 campaign – when Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign kept primary competition to a minimum – is there’s “no 800-pound gorilla” this time.

“We are going to have multiple opportunities, unlike the limited opportunities that existed in the 2016 cycle, for candidates to be able to participate in forums and debates,” Buckley said. “There are going to be significantly more this time.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whos-serious-about-running-in-2020-look-at-whos-calling-the-powerbrokers

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2018, 01:11:54 PM »
Obama the clown was frequently broke and in credit card debt. 

In a recent interview with David Axelrod, President Obama revealed that after he lost the Democratic primary for the Illinois 1st congressional district in 2000 he was feeling anything but good. He had spent all of his money on his campaign and had a wife and child at home with another on the way. AOL

Frequently?  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2019, 06:12:47 PM »
Tulsi Gabbard to run for president
By DANIEL STRAUSS 01/11/2019

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard said Friday that she is running for president.

“I have decided to run and will be making a formal announcement within the next week,” she said during an interview on CNN's "The Van Jones Show."

Gabbard, a 37-year old combat veteran, has done little to hide her presidential ambitions. She recently made stops in both Iowa and New Hampshire and looked into hiring digital staff and speechwriters. She has also authored a memoir set to be released in May.

Late Friday, in a fundraising email, Gabbard said the reason she was running "has to do with an issue that is central to the rest — war and peace."

She also cited healthcare, immigration reform, clean water and air, criminal justice and special interest influence in Washington.

The Hawaii Democrat's entrance into the presidential primary field comes before an expected wave of similar announcements from higher profile candidates.

A recent Democracy for America survey of the liberal group's members found that about 2 percent said Gabbard should run, behind better known potential 2020 contenders like Sen. Bernie Sanders or former Vice President Joe Biden.

Within her party, the three-term congresswoman is viewed as a maverick with a penchant for bucking party orthodoxy. During the 2016 presidential election, Gabbard stepped down from her post as a vice chair of the Democratic National Committee so she could endorse Sanders, making her one of the few House Democrats to back the Vermont senator over Hillary Clinton during the primary. She has since been associated with the Sanders movement — in her 2018 reelection campaign, she was endorsed by the Sanders-aligned Our Revolution outside group.

Former Massachusetts Sen. Paul G. Kirk, who was a Sanders surrogate alongside Gabbard in 2016, said it’s likely several candidates who backed Sanders in 2016 will join the field.

"From my point of view her running has less to do than who she supported in 2016 than how she feels about the country and what direction and vision she has and how she can make a difference," Kirk said. Kirk added that he would be surprised if "there aren't others who may have supported Sanders that think they have a pretty good opportunity."

During the presidential transition period in 2016, the Hawaii Democrat met with then-President-elect Donald Trump, drawing condemnation from fellow Democrats. She also received widespread criticism in 2017 for meeting with Syrian dictator Bashar Assad.

"There are a lot of reasons for me to make this decision,” Gabbard told Jones. “There are a lot of challenges that are facing the American people that I'm concerned about and that I want to help solve." She pointed to access to health care, criminal justice reform and climate change.

"There is one main issue that is central to the rest, and that is the issue of war and peace," she said. "I look forward to being able to get into this and to talk about it in depth when we make our announcement."

Gabbard will join a field that already includes former Rep. John Delaney of Maryland. Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who will be in New Hampshire this weekend, announced on New Year’s Eve the formation of a presidential exploratory committee. Julian Castro, the former San Antonio mayor and former Housing and Urban Development Secretary, has also formed an exploratory committee. He has an event scheduled for Saturday in his hometown, where he is expected to formally announce his candidacy.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/11/tulsi-gabbard-2020-president-run-1098629

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2019, 06:39:24 PM »
It'll be Beto.
Y

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2019, 08:16:54 PM »
Tulsi Gabbard to run for president
By DANIEL STRAUSS 01/11/2019

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard said Friday that she is running for president.

“I have decided to run and will be making a formal announcement within the next week,” she said during an interview on CNN's "The Van Jones Show."

Gabbard, a 37-year old combat veteran, has done little to hide her presidential ambitions. She recently made stops in both Iowa and New Hampshire and looked into hiring digital staff and speechwriters. She has also authored a memoir set to be released in May.

Late Friday, in a fundraising email, Gabbard said the reason she was running "has to do with an issue that is central to the rest — war and peace."

She also cited healthcare, immigration reform, clean water and air, criminal justice and special interest influence in Washington.

The Hawaii Democrat's entrance into the presidential primary field comes before an expected wave of similar announcements from higher profile candidates.

A recent Democracy for America survey of the liberal group's members found that about 2 percent said Gabbard should run, behind better known potential 2020 contenders like Sen. Bernie Sanders or former Vice President Joe Biden.

Within her party, the three-term congresswoman is viewed as a maverick with a penchant for bucking party orthodoxy. During the 2016 presidential election, Gabbard stepped down from her post as a vice chair of the Democratic National Committee so she could endorse Sanders, making her one of the few House Democrats to back the Vermont senator over Hillary Clinton during the primary. She has since been associated with the Sanders movement — in her 2018 reelection campaign, she was endorsed by the Sanders-aligned Our Revolution outside group.

Former Massachusetts Sen. Paul G. Kirk, who was a Sanders surrogate alongside Gabbard in 2016, said it’s likely several candidates who backed Sanders in 2016 will join the field.

"From my point of view her running has less to do than who she supported in 2016 than how she feels about the country and what direction and vision she has and how she can make a difference," Kirk said. Kirk added that he would be surprised if "there aren't others who may have supported Sanders that think they have a pretty good opportunity."

During the presidential transition period in 2016, the Hawaii Democrat met with then-President-elect Donald Trump, drawing condemnation from fellow Democrats. She also received widespread criticism in 2017 for meeting with Syrian dictator Bashar Assad.

"There are a lot of reasons for me to make this decision,” Gabbard told Jones. “There are a lot of challenges that are facing the American people that I'm concerned about and that I want to help solve." She pointed to access to health care, criminal justice reform and climate change.

"There is one main issue that is central to the rest, and that is the issue of war and peace," she said. "I look forward to being able to get into this and to talk about it in depth when we make our announcement."

Gabbard will join a field that already includes former Rep. John Delaney of Maryland. Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who will be in New Hampshire this weekend, announced on New Year’s Eve the formation of a presidential exploratory committee. Julian Castro, the former San Antonio mayor and former Housing and Urban Development Secretary, has also formed an exploratory committee. He has an event scheduled for Saturday in his hometown, where he is expected to formally announce his candidacy.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/11/tulsi-gabbard-2020-president-run-1098629

Nudes, please.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2019, 10:47:41 AM »
It'll be Beto.

Well, maybe not if he's discussing getting rid of the Constitution.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2019, 11:06:17 AM »
It'll be Beto.

I think he certainly has to be considered a front runner at this point. Young, tall guy with a decent look. Catchy name, speaks Spanish and has social media appeal.

The problem will be when Beto gets on stage with Trump. He looked flustered and awkward versus Cruz. In the words of Mickey from Rocky "What's going to happen when you face the Champ?"

Trump would bury this guy in front of the entire world.

Head to head versus Trump, I think the Don easily takes Texas, Arizona, Florida, Ohio. Strong favorite in Wisconsin and likely takes Pennsylvania yet again.