Author Topic: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020  (Read 422585 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2018, 02:17:14 PM »
Do horses get AIDS?

Only the gay ones.

So, are you the new Shizzo?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2018, 06:45:13 PM »

Only the gay ones.

Regardless of their sexual orientation, horses don't get HIV, but they can get EIA which is an HIV equivalent in that it affects their immune system. The list of mammals who exhibit homosexual behaviors is so incredibly long that it is impractical to publish it here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mammals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

Not sure what you mean by this, but no, I am not the new anyone. I'm just me - the same me that joined Getbig in 2004.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2018, 07:40:30 PM »

Only the gay ones.

This is a safe place.  Come on out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2018, 05:03:54 PM »
Shocking.  Not. 

Elizabeth Warren To Consider A 2020 Presidential Run After Midterms
“It’s time for women to go to Washington and fix our broken government, and that includes a woman at the top,” she said.
headshot
By Nina Golgowski
POLITICS 09/30/2018

A presidential run may soon be on the horizon for Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

The Massachusetts Democrat announced on Saturday that she will seriously consider running for the White House following the midterm elections in November.

“It’s time for women to go to Washington and fix our broken government and that includes a woman at the top. So here’s what I promise, after November 6 I will take a hard look at running for president,” she declared to a standing ovation as seen in an online video.

Warren, an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump who has said he intends to seek re-election, shared her plans at a town hall meeting in western Massachusetts. She expressed concern about the nation’s general state of affairs and in particular decried Republicans’ handling of sexual assault accusations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

“I watched 11 men who were too chicken to ask a woman a single question,” she said of the GOP members of the Senate Judiciary Committee who relied on outside attorney to question Kavanaugh’s alleged victim, Christine Blasey Ford, at a hearing on Thursday. “I watched powerful men helping a powerful man make it to an even more powerful position.”

Of the president, Warren said, “Let’s face it, Donald Trump is taking this country in the wrong direction ... I am worried, down to my bones, about what Donald Trump is doing to our democracy.”

Speculation over a presidential bid by Warren has swirled for some time. Her Saturday remarks were her clearest and most direct on her intentions.

Warren, an Oklahoma native, won her Senate seat in 2012 after careers as a law professor and consumer advocate. She is currently seeking re-election to the Senate, and is heavily favored to defeat state Rep. Geoff Diehl.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-to-consider-2020-run_us_5bb0e824e4b0343b3dc11858

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »
For example, I think the GOP and Trump have lost college educated suburban woman for a looooooong time .

No
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2018, 07:08:22 PM »
2+ yrs is an eternity in politics.
To Trump's credit he was able to thread the voter needle in the rustbelt states and Penn. to win in 2016.
BUT, when you add it up, it was a small % of votes that did it in only a few key states.

I seriously doubt he can hold that same coalition together for a 2020 win.
For example, I think the GOP and Trump have lost college educated suburban woman for a looooooong time .

The historical imperative is that incumbent presidents are reelected unless challenged in the primary.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2018, 04:02:00 AM »

Only the coloured ones that were never voting GOP to begin with...  ::)
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2018, 01:25:36 PM »
The historical imperative is that incumbent presidents are reelected unless challenged in the primary.

imperative?

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2018, 07:44:20 PM »
imperative?

The term is "Historical imperative," meaning, history points to Trump's reelection.  As a prediction, it's low-hanging fruit.  But let's see if someone challenges Trump in the primaries and, if so, how much of the feared "dark money" goes to the challenger.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2018, 07:52:02 PM »
Avenatti can be #16 as the cherry on top of this shit sundae.  ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2018, 09:05:39 PM »
The term is "Historical imperative," meaning, history points to Trump's reelection.  As a prediction, it's low-hanging fruit.  But let's see if someone challenges Trump in the primaries and, if so, how much of the feared "dark money" goes to the challenger.

Thanks for the clarification of the term(s). Not sure I agree, but then I thought Clinton would be our President...so, what do I know?  ::)

The two candidates running for state office in my district are both women. The Republican incumbent has been our house representative for many terms, but she's a bit of a renegade who makes decisions which rile her own party as well as it does the Democrats. I support her challenger. What I've noticed is that more than in any previous election, the Democratic party is  pouring a lot of support into getting their candidate elected. It would not surprise me if we have a new representative in the House come November 6th. Yeah!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2018, 09:25:09 PM »
Thanks for the clarification of the term(s). Not sure I agree, but then I thought Clinton would be our President...so, what do I know?  ::)

The two candidates running for state office in my district are both women. The Republican incumbent has been our house representative for many terms, but she's a bit of a renegade who makes decisions which rile her own party as well as it does the Democrats. I support her challenger. What I've noticed is that more than in any previous election, the Democratic party is  pouring a lot of support into getting their candidate elected. It would not surprise me if we have a new representative in the House come November 6th. Yeah!

You're welcome.  And to my knowledge, it only applies to presidential elections.  There're too many variables with "down ballot" elections.  Down ballot: s'what I learned in 2016.  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2018, 04:09:13 PM »
And this dude is a presidential contender??  Holy smokes.   :-\

Joaquin Castro accuses Kushner of orchestrating killing of Khashoggi
BY OWEN DAUGHERTY - 10/19/18

Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) on Friday accused senior White House adviser Jared Kushner of orchestrating the killing of Saudi-born Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi.

Castro, who serves on the House Intelligence Committee, told CNN he did not have substantial evidence to support his claim, but repeatedly cited media reports on the subject.

Castro cited unspecified reporting “that Jared Kushner may have, with U.S. intelligence, delivered a hit list, an enemies list, to the crown prince, to MBS, in Saudi Arabia and that the prince may have acted on that.”

CNN host Poppy Harlow attempted to clarify what reporting Castro was referring to, saying CNN had not reported on that accusation.

Castro continued, saying “I’ve seen reporting to that effect … That needs to be investigated.”

Castro later clarified his comments, tweeting that he did not intend to accuse Kushner of orchestrating the killing and noting he meant to express that he wants Congress to open an investigation into whether U.S. intelligence was shared with Saudi Arabia that may have led to Khashoggi's death.

He also linked media reporting that highlighted ties between the Trump administration and Saudi Arabia.

“To be clear, I did not intend to accuse @jaredkushner of orchestrating anything,” Castro tweeted. “Based on press reporting, I’m asking for Congress to open an investigation of whether any US Intelligence was shared with Saudi Arabia that led to political persecution or killing of #Khashoggi.”

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders later condemned Castro's remarks, calling the allegation "outrageous" and "slanderous."

".@JoaquinCastrotx’s allegation is an outrageous slanderous lie without a shred of proof, it’s reprehensible for a sitting Congressman and supposed 'news' outlets to continue citing an article that used unnamed sources and was completely debunked," Sanders tweeted Friday afternoon.

Khashoggi has been missing for more than two weeks and was last seen entering the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.

Kushner, the son-in-law of President Trump, and Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman have a well-documented relationship, though no one before Castro has accused Kushner of having any involvement in the death of Khashoggi.

On Thursday, Trump took his strongest stance against Saudi Arabia, threatening "very severe" consequences if the country is found to be responsible for the killing.

Until Thursday, Trump and his top aides had been reluctant to criticize the Saudis over Khashoggi's disappearance and the president even floated the possibility that “rogue killers” were responsible for the alleged attack.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/412249-joaquin-castro-accuses-jared-kushner-of-orchestrating-killing-of

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2018, 07:48:24 PM »
And this dude is a presidential contender??  Holy smokes.   :-\

Joaquin Castro accuses Kushner of orchestrating killing of Khashoggi
BY OWEN DAUGHERTY - 10/19/18

Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) on Friday accused senior White House adviser Jared Kushner of orchestrating the killing of Saudi-born Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi.

Castro, who serves on the House Intelligence Committee, told CNN he did not have substantial evidence to support his claim, but repeatedly cited media reports on the subject.

Castro cited unspecified reporting “that Jared Kushner may have, with U.S. intelligence, delivered a hit list, an enemies list, to the crown prince, to MBS, in Saudi Arabia and that the prince may have acted on that.”

CNN host Poppy Harlow attempted to clarify what reporting Castro was referring to, saying CNN had not reported on that accusation.

Castro continued, saying “I’ve seen reporting to that effect … That needs to be investigated.”

Castro later clarified his comments, tweeting that he did not intend to accuse Kushner of orchestrating the killing and noting he meant to express that he wants Congress to open an investigation into whether U.S. intelligence was shared with Saudi Arabia that may have led to Khashoggi's death.

He also linked media reporting that highlighted ties between the Trump administration and Saudi Arabia.

“To be clear, I did not intend to accuse @jaredkushner of orchestrating anything,” Castro tweeted. “Based on press reporting, I’m asking for Congress to open an investigation of whether any US Intelligence was shared with Saudi Arabia that led to political persecution or killing of #Khashoggi.”

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders later condemned Castro's remarks, calling the allegation "outrageous" and "slanderous."

".@JoaquinCastrotx’s allegation is an outrageous slanderous lie without a shred of proof, it’s reprehensible for a sitting Congressman and supposed 'news' outlets to continue citing an article that used unnamed sources and was completely debunked," Sanders tweeted Friday afternoon.

Khashoggi has been missing for more than two weeks and was last seen entering the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.

Kushner, the son-in-law of President Trump, and Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman have a well-documented relationship, though no one before Castro has accused Kushner of having any involvement in the death of Khashoggi.

On Thursday, Trump took his strongest stance against Saudi Arabia, threatening "very severe" consequences if the country is found to be responsible for the killing.

Until Thursday, Trump and his top aides had been reluctant to criticize the Saudis over Khashoggi's disappearance and the president even floated the possibility that “rogue killers” were responsible for the alleged attack.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/412249-joaquin-castro-accuses-jared-kushner-of-orchestrating-killing-of

Taking a play right out of the Trump book. Page 63. Accuse Ted Cruz' dad of assisting in killing JFK

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2018, 08:43:14 PM »
Taking a play right out of the Trump book. Page 63. Accuse Ted Cruz' dad of assisting in killing JFK

::)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2018, 03:25:44 AM »
plz god let this happen!
a

Kwon3

« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2018, 12:17:50 PM »
I  think a new dem challenger will emerge long AFTER the dust settles from 2018 midterms.
If the dems take back and the house and Pelosi is speaker, expect the usual suspects to emerge in 2020.
For example, Joe Biden could emerge as a the defacto dem leader and run as a 1 term POTUS.
In this scenario look for the GOP to run Gov J Kasich or Romney to challenge Trump in 2020.

BUT, if the dems install a new speaker OR ( don't win the house or senate) expect a new direction for dems.

I don't see it happening, but if the dems lose big in 2018, expect the GOP to show even more loyalty and support around Trump.

I think everything you say on here is bullshit and should be treated as such.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2018, 04:24:35 PM »
2020 is about to be a blast!
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2018, 04:27:53 PM »
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2018, 04:48:17 PM »

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2018, 11:01:24 PM »
I  think a new dem challenger will emerge long AFTER the dust settles from 2018 midterms.
If the dems take back and the house and Pelosi is speaker, expect the usual suspects to emerge in 2020.
For example, Joe Biden could emerge as a the defacto dem leader and run as a 1 term POTUS.
In this scenario look for the GOP to run Gov J Kasich or Romney to challenge Trump in 2020.

BUT, if the dems install a new speaker OR ( don't win the house or senate) expect a new direction for dems.

I don't see it happening, but if the dems lose big in 2018, expect the GOP to show even more loyalty and support around Trump.

This would be bad for Trump.  He'll win every state Hillary won and take back Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and probably Ohio. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2018, 11:15:31 PM »
This would be bad for Trump.  He'll win every state Hillary won and take back Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and probably Ohio. 

lol

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2018, 12:38:20 AM »
Trump would crumple Biden. Kasich might as well run as a Dem...can you say RINO?

Kwon3

« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2018, 12:45:20 AM »

Who, this guy?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2018, 01:37:52 PM »
It hurts my brain to think about what's going to happen 2 years from now when we elect the president. Trump was a surprise to many. There's probably more surprises to come.