Author Topic: Monsters in the gym Part 3!  (Read 29266 times)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Re: Monsters in the gym Part 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2006, 08:53:53 AM »
for presses barbell vs. dumbells is not a big deal. you don't understand that there are certain things i cannot do because of my bad shoulders. Upright rows, front raises, bench presses with barbell. all other stuff i can do. squats, deadlifts, bar dips, pullups, barbell rows. all kinds of curls of course. just cause somebody can't barbell bench doesn't mean they can't get big.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2006, 08:55:56 AM »
Goober I know I give you a hard time but you gotta work on your form not come up with excuses.  I had my shoulder completely reconstructed so if I can press with a bar you can too...

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2006, 09:13:05 AM »
Its bad advice to tell him to bench press when its clearly going against his shoulders ability.

Lots of people can no longer bench from ego lifting - I can't.

paul84

• Getbig II
  • Nuke 'em, Rico!
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2006, 09:21:05 AM »
You can usually stop the shoulder pain on benching by changing your form a little bit.  For me, if I pinch my shoulder blades together so my shoulders are pulled back and my chest is pushed out further relative to my shoulder position, I have almost no strain on my front delts at all.  Give a few different positions a try and maybe one will work well for you.  Since dumbbells rarely go over 100lbs in a gym, you'll soon find that, without barbell bench, you can't get enough weight for your presses.  If you go to a gym with dumbbells up to 200lbs, well you're just lucky.

absent

« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2006, 09:22:20 AM »
I can bench 600 kilograms for 8 reps.

paul84

• Getbig II
  • Nuke 'em, Rico!
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2006, 09:24:39 AM »
I can bench 600 kilograms for 8 reps.

Raw or shirted?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2006, 09:27:10 AM »
I can't do much other than a close grip on the bench.  I would move gym just to move to bigger dumbbells if it was an issue.

jpeso

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2006, 09:32:12 AM »
looking at gibbler i feel sorry for him and i'm going to leave him alone but dude, i'm just telling you the truth you need to get in the gym and stop fucking around with 70 lb. db's and 265 lb. deadlifts and start lifting some weight your muscles will have no choice but to grow, use a 225 lb. bench press and a 315 lb. deadlift as a 6 month goal and go after it.

That's good advice: Set some goals and then work hard

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2006, 09:38:06 AM »
my gym goes up to 120 in dumbells. many pro's say and know that barbell bench is not necesary. when i used to bench press a long time ago before the injury it never gave me good gains. bar dips are what worked for me. actually gironda dips with feet in front and elbows out. 120 pound dumbell presses is good. if you can do 10 you are really big and strong. many people, myself included think barbell bench is an ego lift but it's overrated. a lot of people are bitches and don't wanna squat or deadlift or barbell row and all that. you know what else? I ain't even close to doing the 120's. and when i get to that point it'll be 3 reps and a long time until i can do 10.

absent

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2006, 10:49:49 AM »
Why are you calling everyone fat, when you yourself are portly?  Superstar has a good physique, just like you said not everyone trains for the same reason.

You need to get over what you looked like before, and realise that what you look like now is nothing at all special.  In fact, you don't actually look like you actually train.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2006, 10:54:44 AM »
leave the dumbells alone for a while, they're for people who are too chickenshit to bench, get fucking angry in the gym, don't take any shit from the weight, get an attitude.

That only works for people with insane grizzly bear-like genetics.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2006, 11:09:08 AM »
my gym goes up to 120 in dumbells. many pro's say and know that barbell bench is not necesary. when i used to bench press a long time ago before the injury it never gave me good gains. bar dips are what worked for me. actually gironda dips with feet in front and elbows out. 120 pound dumbell presses is good. if you can do 10 you are really big and strong. many people, myself included think barbell bench is an ego lift but it's overrated. a lot of people are bitches and don't wanna squat or deadlift or barbell row and all that. you know what else? I ain't even close to doing the 120's. and when i get to that point it'll be 3 reps and a long time until i can do 10.

Try the Smith, that puts some ease on the shoulder. Incline/Decline. Trust me.. ;)

Giving 110%

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2006, 11:09:41 AM »
Why are you calling everyone fat, when you yourself are portly?  Superstar has a good physique, just like you said not everyone trains for the same reason.

You need to get over what you looked like before, and realise that what you look like now is nothing at all special.  In fact, you don't actually look like you actually train.
thanks bro! and goober I'm willing to bet that my waist to chest ratio is almost double yours ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2006, 11:10:01 AM »
how do you know sarcasm is monster?

he says he is ;)

E
E

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2006, 11:12:44 AM »
thanks bro! and goober I'm willing to bet that my waist to chest ratio is almost double yours ;D

I'd like to see him get under a 400+ pound benchpress...  Would be one for the darwin awards.  Insulting someone with twice the muscle of yourself just doesn't seem intelligent to me.

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2006, 11:18:11 AM »
I'd like to see him get under a 400+ pound benchpress...  Would be one for the darwin awards.  Insulting someone with twice the muscle of yourself just doesn't seem intelligent to me.
aw but his shoulders hurt :'(.........the kids delusional!

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2006, 11:20:49 AM »
my gym goes up to 120 in dumbells. many pro's say and know that barbell bench is not necesary.
because they are big! they sure the fuck didn't get to pro level size with db's ::)

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2006, 11:34:21 AM »
I used to do dumbbells exclusively, always wondered why my chest sucked.  Powerlifting friend of mine put me on a hybrid powerlifting routine, which incorporates flat board presses with a closer grip...  My chest has improved, a lot.  The barbell may not be a necessity, but it sure helped me.

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2006, 11:41:18 AM »
I used to do dumbbells exclusively, always wondered why my chest sucked.  Powerlifting friend of mine put me on a hybrid powerlifting routine, which incorporates flat board presses with a closer grip...  My chest has improved, a lot.  The barbell may not be a necessity, but it sure helped me.
exactly!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2006, 11:44:09 AM »
Its bad advice to tell him to bench press when its clearly going against his shoulders ability.

Lots of people can no longer bench from ego lifting - I can't.

LOL. Did you injure your shoulder benching 185? What a joke.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2006, 12:16:48 PM »
When are you gonna start making vids of this shit?>

Go to bed, Jamie....

Soon as you learn to homebrew without fu.cking yourself up, I'm sure Mirz will make you a video....

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2006, 01:06:11 PM »
yea i'm portly ::)   33.5 inch waist this morning.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2006, 01:14:51 PM »
sarcasm, i'm 21 and can shoulder press 125's for eight, and do 18 reps with 225 in the military press, if i saw you in the gym with the 105's i'd say look at this monster shoulder pressing double his bodyweight, oh wait his natural now, your a pussy, there's a reason why you can't lift shit, it's cause your a pussy

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2006, 01:15:47 PM »
sarcasm, i'm 21 and can shoulder press 125's for eight, and do 18 reps with 225 in the military press, if i saw you in the gym with the 105's i'd say look at this monster shoulder pressing double his bodyweight, oh wait his natural now, your a pussy, there's a reason why you can't lift shit, it's cause your a pussy
all this coming from a guy who calls himself "usmokepole", hahaha, what a skinny assclown, you couldn't roll a 125 lb. dumbell.
Jaejonna rows 125!!