Author Topic: Are married family men truly happy?  (Read 50062 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Are married family men truly happy?
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2017, 07:48:42 AM »
I am getting married in April.

She starts out around 6 figures at her first "real job".  Profit.

You've done well.  Just make sure you make less than her... that way when she files for divorce, she'll have to pay you.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2017, 08:23:01 AM »
Same here.

First legit coffee-spitter of 2017!   ;D ;D ;D
T

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2017, 09:25:29 AM »
was it love, or was it the idea of being in love?

Fanny Pack

• Getbig I
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2017, 10:38:33 AM »
Very few of my married friends are happy.  A couple of them happy.  The rest miserable, trapped, depressed.... in cheaper to keep her situations.  Ive been with my wife 12 years, married for 2. I was happy for the first 10.  Not so much since the wedding.  Lots of people told me, they change once you marry them..... they were so right its. scary.

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2017, 11:03:11 AM »
feels good to be free man feels good

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2017, 11:35:33 AM »
my wife has a good career and is smart,but over time the stress of working nights'nurse'juggling kids and sleep in mornings/afternoons has worn her out mentally. and usual bumps and bruises a marriage gets over time has reconsidered her state of mind esp with me.i took a step back and let her deal.. if it is meant to be it will be .

That sucks, all the best broseph.
P

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2017, 07:36:32 AM »
That sucks, all the best broseph.
MEANS A LOT THANKS NZ...

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2017, 07:48:47 AM »
latter 2016 into present I see for myself what happens in a 'married'relationship  almost 12 yrs with 3 kids and home and getting blindsided all at once that the 'issues'over time are now 'the foundation is crumbling'i can only hope this will pass or I will be facing a new lease on life alone 'relatively speaking'

That's a tough situation for you.  Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully it all works out for you.  Went through the same thing, but no kids thank god.. 

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2017, 10:06:26 AM »
latter 2016 into present I see for myself what happens in a 'married'relationship  almost 12 yrs with 3 kids and home and getting blindsided all at once that the 'issues'over time are now 'the foundation is crumbling'i can only hope this will pass or I will be facing a new lease on life alone 'relatively speaking'

Marriage counseling could make a vast improvement. Both parties need to be onboard for it to work, though. Best of luck, man.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2017, 10:11:29 AM »
I think some people suffer from the pressure to provide for others.  has nothing to do with marriage and such.  Just having to pay mortgage, school, tons of food, clothes for your spouse and kids and maybe yourself etc....  As a man no matter how you act or what you say, there is too much temptation out there.  Must be frustrating to see so much hot pussy and convince yourself that you are loyal and fuck the same chick once a month to keep her happy.  Most married men seem to fuck their wives to make them happy and not themselves.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2017, 10:13:21 AM »
I'm not married, but I'm so close to my girlfriend of four years, I would be crushed if something happened to her. It'd honestly be hard to go on, and I mean that literally.  I know she feels the same.

Are men at this level truly happy?  I don't know.  I know I wasn't happy single and I know I'm not ultra mega happy now.  I strive for more and to make our relationship better, but I'm content, and that's enough for me at this present time.

I don't believe in marriage, btw.  Not for men.

The problem is that a lot of folks wouldn't know happiness if it hit them in the face. Realistically, almost all people are not happy 100% of the time. If they were, they'd have no reference points.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2017, 10:17:09 AM »
i'm a typical gym rat and actually feel gym chicks and their religious-like training behaviour repulsive ...would rather penetrate a recreational gym goer chick than someone as addicted to the iron as myself ...because i know how narcissistic i am and don't stand narcissistic bitches at all ...ironic isn't it?  :)

People are not all alike. I've seen quite a few couples who either train together or are at least going to the gym together. Almost everyone, bodybuilders or not are at least a little narcissistic.

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2017, 10:18:35 AM »
njflex i recommend you work on your marriage until she calms down and then is the time to start plotting your escape, transfer money to foreign accounts etc

it's inevitable your marriage will fail, make sure you come out on top

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2017, 10:22:18 AM »
njflex i recommend you work on your marriage until she calms down and then is the time to start plotting your escape, transfer money to foreign accounts etc

My brother did this.  Slowly took out cash from the bank and started getting his paychecks cashed out instead of deposited.  Started putting the money in a safe my mom's house.  When the divorce came years later he had close to a million in cash his wife didn't know about. Divorced her and gave her half of everything which was really more like 10%.

He got this idea from a story I told him about Reggie Miller in the NBA who had his pay checks written in his mother's name.  technically he played for free in the NBA while the league paid his mom.  When he divorced his wife she got jack shit since he didn't earn any money. Fucking brilliant.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2017, 10:24:22 AM »

If kids are involved there's no comming out on top, you have to support them and the mother until they are of age that's why no bloke will rush into divorce the woman on the other hand knows she'l be looked after.

You dont even need to be married, just cohabiting wth kids and your in same position

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2017, 10:24:33 AM »
He got this idea from a story I told him about Reggie Miller in the NBA who had his pay checks written in his mother's name.  technically he played for free in the NBA while the league paid his mom.  When he divorced his wife she got jack shit since he didn't earn any money. Fucking brilliant.

That seems like something the wife could get around easily through a lawsuit.   I'm skeptical.
Y

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »
Are single men happy?
Are old people happy?
Depends.

If you are selfish like most in the bodybuilding community are, then don't get married. And really don't have children.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2017, 10:28:01 AM »
my wife has a good career and is smart,but over time the stress of working nights'nurse'juggling kids and sleep in mornings/afternoons has worn her out mentally. and usual bumps and bruises a marriage gets over time has reconsidered her state of mind esp with me.i took a step back and let her deal.. if it is meant to be it will be .

Often, it is good to put relationships above all else. Nursing can be a very stressful. Working nights when your partner works days isn't great, but sometimes necessary when the kids are still too young to be on their own. When couples are truly partners, they share most responsibilities, without regard as to whether it is conventionally "man's work" or "women's work". My best to you and your wife. Time can be a great healer.

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2017, 10:29:11 AM »

If kids are involved there's no comming out on top, you have to support them and the mother until they are of age that's why no bloke will rush into divorce the woman on the other hand knows she'l be looked after.

You dont even need to be married, just cohabiting wth kids and your in same position
stop working officially and just sell drugs etc

no income no child support/alimony

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2017, 10:30:38 AM »
That seems like something the wife could get around easily through a lawsuit.   I'm skeptical.

She tried to sue him but didn't win.

That day, she received $5 million from a fund in which Miller, 35, had annually deposited 5 percent of his assets, as agreed in a prenup.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2017, 10:33:38 AM »
Very few of my married friends are happy.  A couple of them happy.  The rest miserable, trapped, depressed.... in cheaper to keep her situations.  Ive been with my wife 12 years, married for 2. I was happy for the first 10.  Not so much since the wedding.  Lots of people told me, they change once you marry them..... they were so right its. scary.

Often when two people are together, but not married, they are more committed to being together. Sometimes after marriage folks stay together mainly because they are married. Marriage should not change relationships and commitments, but it happens.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2017, 10:36:36 AM »
She tried to sue him but didn't win.

That day, she received $5 million from a fund in which Miller, 35, had annually deposited 5 percent of his assets, as agreed in a prenup.

If she had a prenup, wouldn't THAT be the reason she didn't get the money?   Not because he supposedly didn't make any money playing basketball.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2017, 10:37:08 AM »
Often when two people are together, but not married, they are more committed to being together. Sometimes after marriage folks stay together mainly because they are married. Marriage should not change relationships and commitments, but it happens.

A good buddy of mine used to text me at least a couple times a week to shoot the shit etc...  For years we'd always chat and meet up in vegas, miami etc... since he lives across country.  Leading up to his marriage he'd text me daily, I went to his wedding and everything.  Since his wedding which has been over a year now he has texted me ZERO times.  Bullshit in my opinion.  I know his wife has something to do with it.

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2017, 10:37:13 AM »
it's like when you give week or day contracts to laborers

after some months you may be impressed with their performance and offer them a permanent contract

big mistake, they turn lazy once they get that contract bcs they know it will cost you to fire them

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »
Are single men happy?
Are old people happy?
Depends.

If you are selfish like most in the bodybuilding community are, then don't get married. And really don't have children.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As most of you know, I'm "old people". Sometimes I really have to work hard on being happy or the happiness slips away.