Author Topic: Was the Ortiz/Sonnen fight fixed  (Read 7383 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Was the Ortiz/Sonnen fight fixed
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2017, 04:04:50 PM »
You can see the respect even an old vet like Tito has for Big John.

Gives him a nod, takes his criticism and moves on.

Pretty sure Big John refereed Tito's first UFC fight in back in 1997.

Simple Simon

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2017, 10:16:57 PM »
That's not evidence.  It was not a tap.  Even if there was a tap, you have no proof that the tap was a pre-arranged signal determined ahead of time by the fighters.  People on the internet have a lot of theories and suspicions about a lot of topics.  Largely these people have very little practical experience and knowledge of the sport or activity that they are discussing.

When it comes to sports and fights especially everyone is quick to say this was fixed or that was fixed.  They are in a hurry for things to be fixed.  They see it when it is not there.  They don't know what thy are talking about.  They are miles away from the sport and the people that run it and compete in it. They just like to feel smart and feel like they are "free thinkers" and they they are somehow better than all the "sheep" out in the world. It's ego driven.

These are the same people with no background in structural engineering that are talking about the steel beams in the twin towers.

These are the same people with zero knowledge of astronomy or physics babbling about how the moon landing was faked.

They are full of shit.

and as such all that validates my original point which you jumped all over
there is as much evidence he threw the fight as there is Ortiz won it fair and square.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 10:30:51 PM »
and as such all that validates my original point which you jumped all over

Stop saying "as such" idiot.  Still waiting on you grappling and Jiu-Jitsu credentials.

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2017, 12:07:44 AM »
For what it's worth, there were tons of Pro and former Pro fighters (who know a hell of a lot more than anyone here) calling bullshit on Twitter and social media and I agree.  Cheal threw this.....

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2017, 12:49:50 AM »
I'm 50/50... It wasnt a choke, more of a neck-crank... Which are uncomfortable as hell 2 say the least. First time i got neck cranked was by a bin purple belt/judo blk belt and Pan-Am Games bronze medalist WOMAN whoninoutwrighed by 80+ lbs. Rolled with a lot of pan-am games medalists just because of my size at the time.. They'd use me as a grappling dummy way back when i first started. Lol. Lotta Brazilians, Cubans, & Russians whoxouldnt get licensed in the u.s. for whatever reason and would fight in Mexico (how I got my start).

Long story short; neck cranks hurt, tito's bigger/stronger than Chael... But Chael like money.
, so odds of Chael tapping or throwing the fight are 50/50 imo.

(Used to hate Chael till i saw some.of his interviews and he's totally not the "persona" he portrays in interviews or media leading up to his fights. He does a great job at selling a fight he's in. 100% pro-wrestling style. Sorta like josh Barnet... you think these guys are complete total douchebags until you hear them in a "normal" setting and not promoting a fight, &. And you realize they are super intelligent and likable people complete opposite of the characters they portray leading up to a fight

Simple Simon

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2017, 01:13:44 AM »
Stop saying "as such" idiot.  Still waiting on you grappling and Jiu-Jitsu credentials.
I don't need any credentials to understand what a tap means in MMA

Same reason I don't need to be a qualified plumber to know what a dripping tap means. (see what I did there)

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2017, 05:23:14 AM »
Jenna would have put up more of a fight.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2017, 05:49:19 AM »
Jenna would have put up more of a fight.

;D ;D ;D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2017, 05:50:16 AM »

As such
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2017, 05:51:50 AM »
For what it's worth, there were tons of Pro and former Pro fighters (who know a hell of a lot more than anyone here) calling bullshit on Twitter and social media and I agree.  Cheal threw this.....

Correction: who know a hell of a lot more than the general fan and martial artist, but not more than anyone here on Getbig, as such.
Q

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2017, 05:59:30 AM »
Shame I missed a couple of half naked guys trying to apply a rear naked choke hold to each other...

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2017, 06:04:36 AM »
Shame I missed a couple of half naked guys trying to apply a rear naked choke hold to each other...

typical saturday night for you
T

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2017, 06:09:56 AM »
well there were some real fights on that card as well.

just stay away from the main event. anything with kimbo slice, ken shamrock, tito, sonne, rampage etc would be more fake wrestling than mma

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2017, 06:31:05 AM »
well there were some real fights on that card as well.

just stay away from the main event. anything with kimbo slice, ken shamrock, tito, sonne, rampage etc would be more fake wrestling than mma

As such.
Q

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2017, 06:38:30 AM »
I fell asleep before it even started. Having it all over social media didn't help either
The Huntington Beach Fat Boy couldn't stay awake to watch the Huntington Beach Bad Boy?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2017, 06:43:42 AM »
typical saturday night for you

Only with you "big"mc only with you.

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2017, 07:52:10 AM »
Per UFC/ fighter analysis guy, DAN HARDY.

Ah, so the truth is starting to come out a bit.  Not only is Chael a fighter with a 6 fight contract with Bellator where he works, but has invested in Bellator, so his income is based on the success of the promotion, not of his fight. FIX.....but nothing will be done about it just like all the other fixes in MMA.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2017, 08:24:50 AM »
If it wasn't fixed, or Chael dived, then the fight still sucked, and that's a fact.

The new rules, and the new gloves suck too. Just call it cage fighting, because calling it any kind of Martial Arts, is a joke.