Author Topic: How strong was Dorian?  (Read 25049 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: How strong was Dorian?
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 02:57:38 AM »
Check it out on my website, bodybuilding pro.com.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 04:02:49 AM »
He could lift heavy weights for a small woman.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2006, 04:48:43 AM »
By the way, he was nothing close to Ronnie.  Neither was Arnold.   I know some want to believe this but, ...  ::)

in regards to what exactly?
Scouser on Tour

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2006, 08:18:19 AM »
 Very strong! How about 9 reps on the barbell row, with five plates a side? Or a 1500+ lbs leg press set, for over 20 reps? Or front military presses, with three and a half plates a side, for 10+ reps, or six reps with four plates a side, on this same exercise? Dude was a freak, when it came to pure strengh. Not as strong as Kovacs in upper body movements, or as Coleman in lower body ones, but he was astounding in overall strengh! :o

SUCKMYMUSCLE
you're high as a kite, i had his video and he rowed 405 for 6 of the shortest reps i've ever seen he was practically standing straight up and the bar moved like 6 inches it looked like an extended ROM shrug, on Smith military press he did 6 hard reps with 3 plates per side, not even 315.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2006, 08:24:27 AM »
Yeah I heard he could do 50 jumping jacks non-stop!   God only knows how many squat-thrusts and I bet no one could beat him arm wrestling when he was training for the olympia!   :'(

superman2236

• Getbig I
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2006, 08:27:48 AM »
seated side laterals with the 100's with perfect form for the first 6 or 7. thats pretty sick.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2006, 08:41:11 AM »
what ever yates' form wasn't that great or better than ronnie's.  both pretty much equal.  yates doin reg dl's was more like straight leg dl's.  as far as rows go when ever you get up in those high #'s (heavier than your own body) your form turns a little looser, not in a bad way but how are you supposed to stay super strict when your pullin' double or more your own body.  not taking away from anyone n not givin either, there both = but ronnie prolly egdes yates a little.  and to the guy that is a trainer w/ the degree that said his #'s and assessments are accurate cause of his credentials, there are others on this board w/ the same or more than and they don't make those kinds of statements so... don't be the average stereotypical know it all trainer that gives all of us a bad name.  there plenty of people out there & on this board w/o a paper from a company looking for $ claiming the best in the biz. personal training  "certification"   ::) , or a sports related degree  :o  that can teach those that do a thing or two.  Those papers don't come with nor command respect, especially when references are made to them.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2006, 11:09:05 AM »
Yeah I heard he could do 50 jumping jacks non-stop!   God only knows how many squat-thrusts and I bet no one could beat him arm wrestling when he was training for the olympia!   :'(

:D

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2006, 11:18:25 AM »
i remember ET saying in Flex about 5-6 years ago that he and Dorian would think nothing of working up to 800lb deads.

You idiots will believe anything. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2006, 11:20:50 AM »

Flex is the Bible of the IFBB. Questioning it is like questioning the other Bible. Only a godless communist would do it ::)

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2006, 11:34:56 AM »
i remember ET saying in Flex about 5-6 years ago that he and Dorian would think nothing of working up to 800lb deads.

As strong as doz was he did not go up to 800 on deads. As for Ernie Taylor , maybe 800 on lying french press, def not deads. 8)

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2006, 06:31:47 PM »
more powerfull then a 600 horsepower sportscar
TEAM WOLF

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2006, 06:57:57 PM »
Yates was strong, but just to throw something in, I think Dorian uses a underhand grip for rowing and Ronnie uses an overhead. From my experience, I don't know if it matters but Ronnies way is harder compared to Dorian.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2006, 09:25:43 PM »
you're high as a kite, i had his video and he rowed 405 for 6 of the shortest reps i've ever seen he was practically standing straight up and the bar moved like 6 inches it looked like an extended ROM shrug, on Smith military press he did 6 hard reps with 3 plates per side, not even 315.

In his video, Dorian was FAR from his peak of strengh, dumbass. He shot that video when he had low bodyfat levels and even lower strengh. In the peak of the off-season, when Dorian was 320 lbs, his strengh was much greater.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GMCtrk

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2006, 09:33:04 PM »
yates is just a monster rowing 675 for 5 reps @ 320lbs :o

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2006, 10:08:38 PM »
yates is just a monster rowing 675 for 5 reps @ 320lbs :o

;D  ;D

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2006, 02:50:59 AM »

you fucking idiot, i never said "i know for a fact he and ET do 800 on the dead"

read it properly before you jump in and make an arse of yourself you twat
Scouser on Tour

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2006, 07:35:13 AM »
  Yes, but since I'm a certified physical trainer with a degree in physiology, you can be sure my estimate is pretty accurate.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I can't be sure of anything here :)

Your name makes it very hard for me to take you seriously

(I am a rocket scientist by the way.. for real).

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2006, 07:50:33 AM »
  In his video, Dorian was FAR from his peak of strengh, dumbass. He shot that video when he had low bodyfat levels and even lower strengh. In the peak of the off-season, when Dorian was 320 lbs, his strengh was much greater.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

First of all, Blood and Guts was shot in Dorian's Offseason and not during one of his pre-contest phases. Secondly, Sarcasm's right - In the OFFSEASON, Dorian rowed 4 plates (405 lbs) for about 6 reps (which seemed close to his max) and did a Smith Military press (assisted) with 315 lbs for about 6 reps or so. Contrast that to Ronnie in Unbelievable and Cost of Redemption (both shot about 5 weeks out of the Mr. O contest) rowing 5 plates 495 lbs AFTER doing a 2-rep deadlift with 800 lbs (and a couple of sets over 600 lbs before that)) and doing a seated Military press with 315 lbs for 12 reps and you can see Ronnie is far stonger than Dorian.

I am a Huge fan of Dorian and loved his approach / work ethic and his attitude towards bodybuilding and everything it entails, but Dorian, at his best, never went above 465 for bent over rows. Between Dorian and Ronnie, at least strengthwise, it wasnt even close. Ronnie is way stronger. Even pro bodybuilders have the same opinion.

On the lighter side, one of the most amusing things I ever read on Flex was a little entry in Hard Times. According to it, in one of his Guest posings / seminars, a guy in the audience starts asking Dorian, " When you do wide-grip chins...", whereupon Dorian immediately cut him off, saying " I never do wide-grip chins. For chin-ups, my grip is only slightly wider than shoulder width." And someone in the audience apparently said, " With your shoulders, that IS a wide-grip" :D

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2006, 02:56:22 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Do your research before typing next time. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

suckmymuscle

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2006, 12:00:17 AM »
I can't be sure of anything here :)

Your name makes it very hard for me to take you seriously

(I am a rocket scientist by the way.. for real).

Ok, so now our usernames need to be serious and indicate our professions? My conclusion:you're a moron. Second conclusion:a moron can't be a rocket scientist. You're a liar and a fucktard and should shut your cun t up.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2006, 12:02:53 AM »
you fucking idiot, i never said "i know for a fact he and ET do 800 on the dead"

read it properly before you jump in and make an arse of yourself you twat

Whatever you say, "Scimowser". ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

suckmymuscle

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2006, 12:05:40 AM »
First of all, Blood and Guts was shot in Dorian's Offseason and not during one of his pre-contest phases. Secondly, Sarcasm's right - In the OFFSEASON, Dorian rowed 4 plates (405 lbs) for about 6 reps (which seemed close to his max) and did a Smith Military press (assisted) with 315 lbs for about 6 reps or so. Contrast that to Ronnie in Unbelievable and Cost of Redemption (both shot about 5 weeks out of the Mr. O contest) rowing 5 plates 495 lbs AFTER doing a 2-rep deadlift with 800 lbs (and a couple of sets over 600 lbs before that)) and doing a seated Military press with 315 lbs for 12 reps and you can see Ronnie is far stonger than Dorian.

I am a Huge fan of Dorian and loved his approach / work ethic and his attitude towards bodybuilding and everything it entails, but Dorian, at his best, never went above 465 for bent over rows. Between Dorian and Ronnie, at least strengthwise, it wasnt even close. Ronnie is way stronger. Even pro bodybuilders have the same opinion.

On the lighter side, one of the most amusing things I ever read on Flex was a little entry in Hard Times. According to it, in one of his Guest posings / seminars, a guy in the audience starts asking Dorian, " When you do wide-grip chins...", whereupon Dorian immediately cut him off, saying " I never do wide-grip chins. For chin-ups, my grip is only slightly wider than shoulder width." And someone in the audience apparently said, " With your shoulders, that IS a wide-grip" :D

Bullshit, you retarded fuck! ::) When "Blood And Guts" was shot, Dorian was 305 lbs, which is a much lower bodyweight than when he is at the peak of the off-season. Also, there are SEVERAL pics in FLEX magazine showing Dorian rowing five plates a side, for reps. Then, there's Dorian explaining that he could row more, but that he's taking it easy since his biceps injury, besides having changed to an overhand grip on this exercise, due to it. You know nothing of what you speak, little girl, so stick an enema up that little pooper of yours before I stick my dick in it. ;D ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2006, 12:50:38 AM »
  Ok, so now our usernames need to be serious and indicate our professions? My conclusion:you're a moron. Second conclusion:a moron can't be a rocket scientist. You're a liar and a fucktard and should shut your cun t up.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Well I wouldn't apply the rule to many, just yours happens to betray an extreme amount of retardation :)

Its ok though, I've had a think about why you called yourself that here and I think I understand.  I hear there are plenty of guys at getbig who will do it for you.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2006, 04:11:06 AM »
flex mag is so reliable, especially the pics.  ::)

Bullshit, you retarded f**k! ::) When "Blood And Guts" was shot, Dorian was 305 lbs, which is a much lower bodyweight than when he is at the peak of the off-season. Also, there are SEVERAL pics in FLEX magazine showing Dorian rowing five plates a side, for reps. Then, there's Dorian explaining that he could row more, but that he's taking it easy since his biceps injury, besides having changed to an overhand grip on this exercise, due to it. You know nothing of what you speak, little girl, so stick an enema up that little pooper of yours before I stick my dick in it. ;D ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE