Author Topic: Liberal Violence and Fascism  (Read 161843 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Liberal Violence and Fascism
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2017, 05:07:48 AM »

Johnny Depp insinuated that he wanted to assassinate President Trump during an appearance at a film festival in U.K. by offering to be the next actor to kill a president.

Depp asked the crowd how long it has been since “an actor assassinated a president” while introducing a film at the Cinemageddon film festival in Glastonbury, according to The Guardian newspaper.

“I want to qualify, I am not an actor. I lie for a living. However, it has been a while and maybe it is time,” Depp told the crowd.

President Abraham Lincoln was famously assassinated in 1865 by John Wilkes Booth — who was a well-known actor at the time.

a

Purge_WTF

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2017, 06:57:57 AM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2017, 07:01:38 AM »

Johnny Depp insinuated that he wanted to assassinate President Trump during an appearance at a film festival in U.K. by offering to be the next actor to kill a president.

Depp asked the crowd how long it has been since “an actor assassinated a president” while introducing a film at the Cinemageddon film festival in Glastonbury, according to The Guardian newspaper.

“I want to qualify, I am not an actor. I lie for a living. However, it has been a while and maybe it is time,” Depp told the crowd.

President Abraham Lincoln was famously assassinated in 1865 by John Wilkes Booth — who was a well-known actor at the time.

He looks like Steven Tyler's microphone stand.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2017, 12:43:31 PM »
Caught on tape: Dem official says he's 'glad' Scalise got shot
Published June 23, 2017
Fox News

A Nebraska Democratic Party official was removed from his post on Thursday after an audio recording surfaced of him saying he's “glad” House Majority Whip Steve Scalise got shot last week.

Phil Montag, now-former co-chair of the state party’s technology committee, was recorded saying he wishes Scalise, R-La., were “dead.”

“His whole job is to get people, convince Republicans to [expletive] kick people off [expletive] health care. I’m glad he got shot,” Montag said in the audio recording. “I wish he was [expletive] dead.”

The audio was posted on YouTube. Nebraska Democratic Chairwoman Jane Kleeb confirmed to FOX 42 that the voice on the audio recording was, in fact, Montag’s.

“We obviously condemn any kind of violence whether it’s comments on Facebook or comments in a meeting,” Kleeb said. “Our country is better than the political rhetoric that is out there from both the far right and the far left.”

Montag, in an interview with the Omaha World-Herald, said his words were taken out of context and he was "horrified" by the shooting.

“I did not call for the congressman’s death,” Montag reportedly said.

Kleeb removed Montag from his post just one week after Nebraska Democratic Black Caucus Chairwoman Chelsey Gentry-Tipton was asked to resign over a Facebook post about Scalise and the attack on Republicans. She did not.

“Gentry-Tipton had posted in a thread about the shooting: 'Watching the congressman crying on live tv abt the trauma they experienced. Y is this so funny tho?,'” the Omaha World-Herald reported.

Later, in the same thread, she reportedly stated, “The very people that push pro NRA legislation in efforts to pad their pockets with complete disregard for human life. Yeah, having a hard time feeling bad for them.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/23/caught-on-tape-dem-official-says-hes-glad-scalise-got-shot.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2017, 03:39:23 PM »
And they wonder why they keep losing

quote author=Dos Equis link=topic=625779.msg8813675#msg8813675 date=1498247011]
Caught on tape: Dem official says he's 'glad' Scalise got shot
Published June 23, 2017
Fox News

A Nebraska Democratic Party official was removed from his post on Thursday after an audio recording surfaced of him saying he's “glad” House Majority Whip Steve Scalise got shot last week.

Phil Montag, now-former co-chair of the state party’s technology committee, was recorded saying he wishes Scalise, R-La., were “dead.”

“His whole job is to get people, convince Republicans to [expletive] kick people off [expletive] health care. I’m glad he got shot,” Montag said in the audio recording. “I wish he was [expletive] dead.”

The audio was posted on YouTube. Nebraska Democratic Chairwoman Jane Kleeb confirmed to FOX 42 that the voice on the audio recording was, in fact, Montag’s.

“We obviously condemn any kind of violence whether it’s comments on Facebook or comments in a meeting,” Kleeb said. “Our country is better than the political rhetoric that is out there from both the far right and the far left.”

Montag, in an interview with the Omaha World-Herald, said his words were taken out of context and he was "horrified" by the shooting.

“I did not call for the congressman’s death,” Montag reportedly said.

Kleeb removed Montag from his post just one week after Nebraska Democratic Black Caucus Chairwoman Chelsey Gentry-Tipton was asked to resign over a Facebook post about Scalise and the attack on Republicans. She did not.

“Gentry-Tipton had posted in a thread about the shooting: 'Watching the congressman crying on live tv abt the trauma they experienced. Y is this so funny tho?,'” the Omaha World-Herald reported.

Later, in the same thread, she reportedly stated, “The very people that push pro NRA legislation in efforts to pad their pockets with complete disregard for human life. Yeah, having a hard time feeling bad for them.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/23/caught-on-tape-dem-official-says-hes-glad-scalise-got-shot.html
[/quote]

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2017, 09:02:56 AM »

Johnny Depp is apologizing for his comments about President Donald Trump.

The actor issued a statement exclusively to PEOPLE apologizing for the remarks he made Thursday in England at the Glastonbury Festival, during which he asked the crowd, “When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?”

“I apologize for the bad joke I attempted last night in poor taste about President Trump,” he said. “It did not come out as intended, and I intended no malice. I was only trying to amuse, not to harm anyone.”

The actor was on hand to introduce a screening of his 2004 film The Libertine when he asked the crowd, “Can you bring Trump here?” When the crowd began booing, Depp followed up, saying, “No, no, no, you misunderstood completely. I think he needs… help.”

He continued, “When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?” The crowd then cheered and clapped, but Depp continued speaking, saying, “I want to clarify, I’m not an actor. I lie for a living.”

The White House previously condemned his remarks. “President Trump has condemned violence in all forms and it’s sad that others like Johnny Depp have not followed his lead. I hope that some of Mr. Depp’s colleagues will speak out against this type of rhetoric as strongly as they would if his comments were directed to a Democrat elected official,” a statement read.

The Secret Service also confirmed it was aware of Depp’s comments. Threatening the president is a crime under U.S. law. “For security reasons, we cannot discuss specifically nor in general terms the means and methods of how we perform our protective responsibilities,” the Secret Service said in a statement.
a

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2017, 02:10:39 PM »

lol ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2017, 12:23:04 PM »
Rob Reiner Calls for ‘All Out War’ to Resist Trump
Breitbart ^ | 6/26/2017 | Jerome Hudson
Posted on 6/26/2017, 2:57:22 PM

“When Fox says that DT colluding with the enemy is not a crime, the fight to save Democracy is now an all out war. US-Stay strong. #Treason,” he wrote.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2017, 01:12:32 PM »
CNN Targeted WRONG Reddit User – POTUS Trump Took from DIFFERENT USER
GP ^ | 07/05/17 | Cristina Laila
Posted on 7/5/2017, 3:24:17 PM by Enlightened1

Multi-billion dollar corporation CNN is Extorting a Private Citizen over a Joke Tweet!

CNN reported Tuesday that they declined to publicly identify the Reddit user who created the Trump CNN wrestling video because he promised not to do it again.

CNN reporter Andrew Kaczynski then went on to say, “CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.”

That is extortion.
They threatened to dox him.

It turns out that CNN has targeted the wrong person! Analysis of the video shows evidence that the wrestling video President Trump posted to his Twitter account did not originate from this particular Reddit user.

The Daily Wire reports:

The meme Trump tweeted wasn’t generated by HanA**holeSolo. CNN shot first.

According to BuzzFeed, “one user pointed out that what Trump tweeted wasn’t actually HanA**holeSolo’s GIF.” Trump’s gif included both video and audio – whereas the Rebel smuggler wannabe’s gif did not include audio. Furthermore, the original HanA**holeSolo gif “was shorter, had a different aspect ratio, and had a WWE logo in the corner…Not even the colors are processed in the same manner… HanAssholeSolo’s GIF has an NTSC aspect ratio, because it was cut directly from a taping of analog Westlemania footage. Trump’s video has an aspect ratio of 16:9.”

BuzzFeed continues:

Someone downloaded the GIF that HanAssholeSolo originally posted to Reddit. Then that person cropped it to better fit a video player like Facebook or YouTube. Then they went through the effort of syncing it back up with audio from the original clip. Then that person put it somewhere where Trump or one of Trump’s people could see it and download it. Then whoever found the video version had to get it to Trump’s phone.

(Excerpt) Read more at thegatewaypundit.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2017, 03:42:47 PM »
Police arrest man for allegedly threatening Sen. Flake's staff
Published July 06, 2017
Fox News

Law enforcement officials arrested a man Thursday who allegedly made threatening comments toward Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake's staff that referenced the shooting of House Majority Whip Steve Scalise.

The Pima County Sheriff's office confirmed that Mark Prichard, 59, was arrested on Thursday at Flake's Tucson office.

According to an aide to Flake, Prichard told a staffer:

"You know how liberals are going to solve the Republican problem? ... They are going to get better aim. That last guy tried, but he needed better aim. We will get better aim."

The statement was an apparent reference to the June 14 shooting at a Republican congressional baseball practice in Alexandria, Va., where Scalise, R-La., and four others were shot by gunman James T. Hodgkinson, who was fatally shot by Capitol Police.

Flake, R-Ariz., was on the baseball field that day.

REP. STEVE SCALISE RE-ADMITTED TO INTENSIVE CARE UNIT

According to authorities, Prichard was among a group of protesters at Flake's office on Thursday. He was charged with criminal trespassing as well as threats and intimidation after staffers in Flake’s district office called authorities.

Pima County authorities also arrested 70-year-old protester Patrick Diehl for criminal trespass in the 3rd degree after he allegedly attempted to force his way into Flake’s office.

Both Diehl and Prichard were transported to the Pima County Adult Detention Complex. According to the sheriff’s office, the remaining protesters were allowed to be on the property five at a time from that point forward, and “the remaining protest time was peaceful.”

SHOOTING SPURS CALLS FOR NEW LAWMAKER SECURITY MEASURES

“No force was used in apprehending either of the two men, and no violence occurred from the protest itself,” a spokesman for the Pima County Sheriff’s office said. “The Pima County Sheriff’s Department would like to remind everyone that Sen. Flake’s office is not public property, but is rented space in a privately owned business area.”

As of Thursday, Scalise's condition was downgraded from "fair" to "serious," and he was re-admitted to the intensive care unit at Medstar Washington Hospital due to an infection he contracted.

Lawmakers described themselves as "sitting ducks" at the practice last month, and said the violence would have been a "massacre" if not for Scalise's security detail. The attack has spurred new questions over whether congressional security practices should be overhauled.

HOUSE PANEL MOVES TO UP FUNDING FOR US CAPITOL POLICE AFTER SCALISE SHOOTING

Late last month, a House committee moved to boost funding for U.S. Capitol Police, drafting a bill that would add $29.2 million to the USCP budget. The additional funding would be used to hire 39 more officers and purchase extra protective gear.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/06/police-arrest-man-for-allegedly-threatening-sen-flakes-staff.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2017, 10:59:27 AM »
Maine Democrat Threatens Trump in Profanity-Laced Facebook Comment     
BY: Conor Beck    
July 12, 2017

Maine State Rep. Scott Hamann (D.) is receiving calls to resign after writing a Facebook post Tuesday night in which he used violent language against President Donald Trump.

Hamann has since deleted the post, but not before the Maine Republican Party was able to obtain a screen capture of the profanity-filled rant, the Portland Press-Herald reports.

"Trump is a joke, and anyone who doesnt [sic] have their head up their ass understands that," Hamann said. "100% of intelligent Americans agree that Trump is a complete loser."

"But go back to clinging to your guns because you're afraid. Pussy. See, it's not only Trump supporters who can talk like complete assholes. As long as that's what's coming out of that side, then I'll match you dumb fucks word for word," he said.

Immediately following was the threat that concluded his post: "Trump is a half term president, at most, especially if I get within 10 feet of that pussy."

Hamann said Trump was "an admitted rapist" and asked whether "you would be okay with leaving him alone in a room with your wife?"

"Conversely, President Obama ran quite possibly the classiest 2 term presidency in US history, no scandals, successful commander in chief, zero rape victims, and he improved the economy," Hamann said.

Maine GOP chair Demi Kouzounas issued a statement calling on Hamann to resign or be forced to resign by the Democratic caucus.

The South Portland lawmaker said in a statement Wednesday that he regretted the post.

"I regret my impulsive decision to post something aggressively sarcastic and inappropriate in a Facebook exchange with a childhood friend," Hamann said. "While the tone of the post was born out of frustration with the vile language currently surrounding politics, I should not have responded with the same language.

"This is not language I typically use, it does not reflect my personal values, and while misguided, it was intended to make a visceral point about the devolving political discourse in America," Hamann continued.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/maine-democrat-threatens-trump-in-profanity-laced-facebook-comment/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2017, 12:05:24 PM »
sICKO 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2017, 12:17:59 PM »
Just incredible.  What a clown.  Hell yes, he should resign.

Totally lost any chance of advancing himself in politics, all to get out a few dumb words.  Couldn't he have given it a little more thought?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2017, 07:22:43 PM »
Professor Who Taught 'Beyonce' Classes Calls for Someone to 'Shoot' Trump
Jul 31, 2017 // 4:45pm

Twitchy Team ✔ @TwitchyTeam
UPDATED ---> ‘Beyoncé Professor’ Kevin Allred, who wished someone would shoot Trump, rants about being FIREDhttp://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/08/01/beyonce-professor-kevin-allred-who-wished-someone-would-shoot-trump-rants-about-being-fired/ …
6:11 AM - Aug 1, 2017

Photo published for 'Beyoncé Professor' Kevin Allred, who wished someone would shoot Trump, rants about being FIRED
'Beyoncé Professor' Kevin Allred, who wished someone would shoot Trump, rants about being FIRED
Kevin Allred seems to have 'edgy' and 'outright threat' confused.
twitchy.com
 18 18 Replies   35 35 Retweets   51 51 likes

Stirewalt: Scaramucci Firing 'Could Be Viewed as Moment the Comeback Started'

Schlapp on Scaramucci Firing: WH Work 'Not About You, It's About the American People'

A professor who has taught classes on Beyonce and was once ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation for his political rhetoric said he wished that someone would shoot President Trump.

"Trump is a f***ing joke. This is all a sham," women's studies professor Kevin Allred tweeted, according to the Washington Times.

"I wish someone would just shoot him outright," he reportedly wrote in the now-deleted tweet.

Over the weekend, Allred - who the College Fix said teaches at Montclair State University in New Jersey - also retweeted the infamous image of Kathy Griffin holding the president's head.

Allred later clarified his tweet, saying that wishing death on the president is different than making a threat on his life.

saying you wish donald trump was dead is different than making a direct threat against him. just saying...

— Kevin Allred (@KevinAllred) July 29, 2017
Over the weekend, Allred unleashed a series of tweets slamming the administration, including one labeling Trump "a traitor and a terrorist."

Donald Trump is a traitor and a terrorist. Happy Saturday!

He also made several references to cleansing his timeline of "Trump fans," at one point using a GIF of a flag burning to do so.

gotta smudge the TL again: pic.twitter.com/81qWZW6DEv

— Kevin Allred (@KevinAllred) July 31, 2017
When Allred taught at Rutgers University, campus police sent him to Manhattan, N.Y. for a psychiatric evaluation after students "felt threatened" by him following Trump's election.

yesterday, "the president" basically told cops to murder more people and today he's threatening the senate on twitter. cool.

Allred reportedly lectured about flag burning and against white people, NJ.com reported at the time.

His class on Beyonce mixed the singer's lyrics with the writings of historic African-Americans like abolitionist Sojourner Truth.

UPDATE: Allred later tweeted that he had been fired by the university, blaming it on "Trump trolls."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/07/31/professor-calls-trump-be-shot-kevin-allred-montclair-rutgers-beyonce

James

« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2017, 08:15:42 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2017, 06:27:45 PM »
Anti-Trump Fanatic Executes GOP Committeeman with Two Bullets to the Head — While His Wife Was Watching (VIDEO)
Jim Hoft
Aug 9th, 2017

A West Goshen, Pennsylvania man shot his GOP neighbor twice in the head and killed him late Monday night.

Clayton Carter, an unhinged anti-Trump fanatic, shot his neighbor twice in the head on his neighbor’s property.

Clayton Carter has anti-Trump signs sprinkled on his lawn. He has a history of arguments with his neighbors.

The victim G. Brooks Jennings was murdered while his wife watched Clayton stand over her husband and shoot him in the head.
ABC6 reported:

A man is under arrest, accused of killing his next door neighbor in West Goshen, Chester County.

Police have charged Clayton Carter, 51, in the shooting death of G. Brooks Jennings.

Shortly before 8 p.m. Monday, police responded to the 300 block of Box Elder Drive for a dispute between Carter and Jennings about cursing and video recording in the back yard. Police said they were able to resolve that dispute.

Then at approximately 1 a.m. Tuesday, police say the neighbors got into another dispute. Carter told police that Jennings shined a light into his eyes while he was outside. Carter then allegedly pulled a car onto his lawn, shining the high beams of the car on Jennings’ property.

Carter then allegedly retrieved a .380 semi-automatic handgun from his house and confronted the victim again outside.

Officials say Carter shot Jennings once in the head, knocking him to the ground. Carter then allegedly stood over Jennings’ body and shot him once more in the head.

The victim was on his own property, police said…

…Jennings’ wife allegedly heard the first gunshot, then saw Carter stand over her husband as he fired the second shot.

Police recovered two shell casings, the gun and a knife at the scene. One shell casing was located on Carter’s property. The second shell casing was found on the victim’s property, near Jennings’ body.

Carter has been charged with murder and related offenses, and is currently being held at the Chester County Prison.

Neighbor Brian Dougherty got emotional when speaking of Jennings.

“You don’t want to sound cliche, you see this on TV all the time, but he is probably the nicest, best guy I’ve ever met in my whole life. Really, seriously,” Dougherty said.

Police say Carter had disputes with a number of other neighbors, and even pulled a gun on Jennings during a past altercation.

Neighbors say Carter was a quarrelsome, argumentative man. Court records claim Carter had a history of disputes with multiple neighbors. His front yard was crowded with cars and hand lettered anti-Trump signs.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08/anti-trump-fanatic-shoots-neighbor-twice-head-argument-history-unhinged-behavior/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2017, 12:39:43 AM »
Sick

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2017, 05:09:33 PM »
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2017, 12:43:29 PM »
Missouri Democrat lawmker apologizes, deletes post saying, ‘I hope Trump is assassinated’
Washington Times ^ | August 17, 2017 | Jessica Chasmar
Posted on 8/17/2017, 2:57:21

A Democratic Missouri state senator has apologized for a now-deleted Facebook post wishing for the assassination of President Trump. “I hope Trump is assassinated!” state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal wrote Thursday morning in response to another commenter, Chistopher Gagne, who said his cousin is serving on Mr. Trump’s Trump’s Secret Service detail, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2017, 01:59:15 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2017, 05:08:32 PM »
Missouri Democrat lawmker apologizes, deletes post saying, ‘I hope Trump is assassinated’
Washington Times ^ | August 17, 2017 | Jessica Chasmar
Posted on 8/17/2017, 2:57:21

A Democratic Missouri state senator has apologized for a now-deleted Facebook post wishing for the assassination of President Trump. “I hope Trump is assassinated!” state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal wrote Thursday morning in response to another commenter, Chistopher Gagne, who said his cousin is serving on Mr. Trump’s Trump’s Secret Service detail, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

How the heck does she still have a job?  And notice this isn't the lead story on the MSM? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2017, 11:08:56 AM »
Phoenix police confirm multiple arrests after Trump's rally
Wash Exam ^ | Aug 23, 2017 | Daniel Chaitin
Posted on 8/23/2017, 12:22:34 PM by upchuck

Phoenix police confirmed the arrest of a handful of people after protesters clashed with law enforcement outside of the Phoenix Convention Center after President Trump wrapped up his speech there Tuesday evening...

Amid the chaos police, wearing riot gear, fired canisters of tear gas or smoke, and flash bangs to disperse protesters as they began to dismantle barricades that were set up for the rally. Williams emphasized that there was only a "small number" of protesters who attempted to break down the barriers, according to Cassidy. Police also said they used pepper balls, not rubber bullets, to help disperse the crowd and no officers were injured.

Phoenix police said in a tweet that they were dealing with "criminal behavior near 2nd St & Monroe." A police helicopter flying overhead ordered demonstrators to leave the area or face possible arrest.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2017, 04:57:41 PM »
Protesters at Trump's Phoenix rally used gas canisters, rocks to assault police
Published August 23, 2017
Fox News

Protesters outside the Phoenix Convention Center on Tuesday.  (AP Photo/Matt York)

A group of anti-Trump demonstrators used gas canisters, rocks and bottles to assault police Tuesday night and create havoc at what officials said was mostly a peaceful protest in Phoenix.

Video captured by a local reporter also shows a smoking object being thrown at police while hundreds of officers attempted to keep order at a rally after President Trump's speech at the Phoenix Convention Center had ended.

azcentral ✔ @azcentral
Video appears to show demonstrators throw canisters at police
4:42 AM - Aug 23, 2017
 16 16 Replies   28 28 Retweets   15 15 likes

"A very small number of individuals chose criminal conduct," Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams told reporters late Tuesday.

The individuals broke down fencing and "at one point dispersed gas into and at the police officers," Williams said. "They had their own gas they threw at police, not our gas."

The violence resembled the mayhem perpetrated by Antifa groups, militant far-left "anti-fascist" groups that have protested Trump at other venues.

Local Phoenix officers dressed in riot gear finally had to disperse pepper balls and tear gas at the crowds. Officers first directed pepper spray at individual protesters before they deployed a larger-scale gas.

"Officers were forced then at that time to really protect themselves, to protect the community, to protect property and they did so successfully and professionally," Williams said.

Jason Pohl ✔ @pohl_jason
New: I was recording video when a lit, smoking object struck a #Phoenix police officer at #TrumpInPhoenix protest http://azc.cc/2wxlsoU
10:56 PM - Aug 22, 2017
Photo published for Video shows lit, smoking object hitting Phoenix police officer at Trump protest
Video shows lit, smoking object hitting Phoenix police officer at Trump protest
Video recorded in downtown Phoenix shows a lit object striking a police officer outside President Donald Trump's rally.
azcentral.com

11 11 Replies   27 27 Retweets   16 16 likes

Four people were arrested in connection with the protest, and two of those were charged with aggravated assault on a police officer.

A reporter with the Arizona Republic captured video of a lit object being thrown toward police officers from a crowd of people gathered in downtown Phoenix. The video shows the object begins smoking after striking a police officer.

Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton described the event as a largely civil celebration of First Amendment rights -- with tens of thousands of demonstrators -- but noted a "very small number of people" who chose to engage in "acts of assault on our police officers."

4 Jun
Portland Police  ✔ @PortlandPolice
Replying to @PortlandPolice
Preliminary information, fourteen arrests today. Confirmed or revised total will be shared when available.

Portland Police ✔ @PortlandPolice
Another collection of weapons seized today. pic.twitter.com/tdMmMSM2Wp

3:12 PM - Jun 4, 2017
View image on Twitter
 178 178 Replies   376 376 Retweets   350 350 likes

Stanton said the group used gas, rocks and bottles and called the incident "very, very unfortunate."

"I don't think they're affiliated with any organization," Stanton said of the individuals arrested.

"Thank God no one was hurt here tonight," he told reporters, noting that two officers were treated for heat exhaustion.

Similar incidents among anti-Trump protesters have been reported at other rallies across the country.

4 Jun
Portland Police  ✔ @PortlandPolice
Replying to @PortlandPolice
Police working to keep all groups separated. Protesters should stay with their groups, not attempt to cross streets to escalate tensions.

Portland Police ✔ @PortlandPolice
Several of the weapons seized so far today. pic.twitter.com/U6z2jO0BVu

11:31 AM - Jun 4, 2017
View image on Twitter
 76 76 Replies   239 239 Retweets   182 182 likes

In June, an arsenal of weaponry -- including clubs, knives, bricks and what look like spears -- were seized by police in Portland, Ore., when rival political groups clashed during a pro-Trump, free-speech rally. Law enforcement clad in riot gear had to shield themselves from rocks and other projectiles thrown by anti-Trump protesters, according to local news outlets.

At one point during the Portland demonstrations, several anti-Trump protesters – black-clad and masked – were seen waving an "Antifascist Action" flag at pro-Trump activists.

Antifa groups have come under fire in the wake of the violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va. Many have said Antifa demonstrators played a significant role in the violent clashes in Charlottesville and at other events across the country.

A White House petition, meanwhile, is demanding that the Trump administration officially label Antifa a "terror group." As of Wednesday, the petition had more than double the 100,000 signatures needed to merit a formal response from the White House.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/23/protesters-at-trumps-phoenix-rally-used-gas-canisters-rocks-to-assault-police.html

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »

"I don't think they're affiliated with any organization," Stanton said of the individuals arrested.

So were they just random people without any affiliation who just happened to be in a random place and committed random "peaceful" acts?