Author Topic: In Like Flynn  (Read 50383 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: In Like Flynn
« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2017, 12:52:36 PM »
But how did this affect the election?

that is correct
they are not empowered to negotiate with foreign governments until they are sworn into office

the more interesting question is why he lied about it and if in fact he is being truthful that he was working in coordination with a senior official and a very senior official in the Trump transition then if those people lied they are fucked too.

also, I never said this indicates "collusion" in regards to swinging the election

the special counsel can go after whatever crimes he discovers in the course of his investigation and if these people choose to cooperate it may well lead to even more crimes

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2017, 12:54:54 PM »
If he broke the law he should be held accountable.  And someone in his position, with his background, should be held to a higher standard IMO.

how about just holding him to the same standard as anyone else

don't lie to the FBI

Pretty sure he knew not to do that (as anyone in DC from an intern up should know) so the larger question is why did he lie.  Who did he think he was protecting and from what did he think he was protecting them from

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2017, 12:57:10 PM »
also, I never said this indicates "collusion" in regards to swinging the election

But it actually could indicate collusion. The hacking was an illegal act and what we do know could suggest ties that go back before the election. If that's the case, then the question is whether or not the hacking took place at the behest of someone on trump's team.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2017, 01:52:45 PM »
But it actually could indicate collusion. The hacking was an illegal act and what we do know could suggest ties that go back before the election. If that's the case, then the question is whether or not the hacking took place at the behest of someone on trump's team.

it could well lead to that or it could compel Flynn to reveal other information that confirms collusion

There is a lot of evidence that Trump was acting on information from Wikileaks and perhaps info from Russian sources (due to timing of his statements and then info we learned after the fact about meetings, emails, etc..)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2017, 03:44:53 PM »
If he broke the law he should be held accountable.  And someone in his position, with his background, should be held to a higher standard IMO.

But no law has been broken with the exception of Flynn being forced Into saying what he said so they don’t go after his house his family and the even reported to go after his son he was left no choice but to cooperate or become destitute and have a family broken up Mueller is a POS

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2017, 03:51:05 PM »
bet that Jared sleeps like a baby tonight next to Ivanka . . .

tick tock

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2017, 03:59:43 PM »
But no law has been broken with the exception of Flynn being forced Into saying what he said so they don’t go after his house his family and the even reported to go after his son he was left no choice but to cooperate or become destitute and have a family broken up Mueller is a POS

What grounds do you imagine that Mueller would have to "go after" Flynn's family if he/they didn't do anything wrong

how exactly would Mueller "break up" his family and again on what grounds?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2017, 04:09:10 PM »
bet that Jared sleeps like a baby tonight next to Ivanka . . .
tick tock

Sources: Kushner was the 'very senior' transition member mentioned in court filing

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/politics/jared-kushner-michael-flynn-russia/index.html

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2017, 04:15:07 PM »

::) Flynn was "forced into saying what he said"  because he broke the law.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2017, 04:17:21 PM »
::) Flynn was "forced into saying what he said"  because he broke the law.

I explained why.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2017, 04:20:33 PM »
I explained why.

what you wrote makes no sense (as is common for your posts)

was "no law broken" or not

If Flynn was "forced into saying what he said" then are you suggesting the Mueller broke the law by "forcing him"?

is that the "exception" you're talking about?

you said 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2017, 04:46:09 PM »
I explained why.

No, you didn't. You left out why. You tried to turn it into Flynn being victimized for no reason when any leverage Mueller has on him is entirely due to Flynn breaking the law.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2017, 05:04:25 PM »
Sources: Kushner was the 'very senior' transition member mentioned in court filing

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/politics/jared-kushner-michael-flynn-russia/index.html
"The court filings from Flynn's plea hearing Friday say a "very senior member" of Trump's transition team asked Flynn to contact officials from UN Security Council countries, including Russia"

They were colluding with everyone!! My goodness!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2017, 05:26:29 PM »
"The court filings from Flynn's plea hearing Friday say a "very senior member" of Trump's transition team asked Flynn to contact officials from UN Security Council countries, including Russia"

The fix is in. 

And shouldn't they have been colluding with Russia before the election?  More tinfoil hat fodder. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »
The fix is in. 

And shouldn't they have been colluding with Russia before the election?  More tinfoil hat fodder. 

LOL
Trumptards gonna Trumptard

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2017, 08:09:38 PM »
It’s a non story because this investigation is about fake news Trump/Russia collusion

You probably just need to be quiet.. you are doing yourself no favors

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2017, 08:10:13 PM »
agree

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2017, 08:11:18 PM »

Flynn is the victim? Oh brother..

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2017, 08:33:35 PM »
You probably just need to be quiet.. you are doing yourself no favors

You, Strawman and me in a bar having a beer without google. Who wins the debate with $1000 on the table?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #169 on: December 01, 2017, 08:52:50 PM »
You, Strawman and me in a bar having a beer without google. Who wins the debate with $1000 on the table?

LOL - on ANY topic other than tire flipping you would be the hands down loser

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2017, 10:07:08 PM »

Not you..... Strawman and I split the grand

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2017, 10:22:04 AM »
Trump tweeted today: "I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the VP and the FBI."

So Donald knew that Flynn lied to the FBI when he fired him, and subsequently asked Comey to go easy on Flynn?

haha keep the tweets comin'.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2017, 10:50:02 AM »
Trump tweeted today: "I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the VP and the FBI."

So Donald knew that Flynn lied to the FBI when he fired him, and subsequently asked Comey to go easy on Flynn?

haha keep the tweets comin'.

Donald will say whatever he thinks serves his best interest. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter. HIs followers will simply say "Hell yeah! he did the right thing when he found out he lied!" when everyone else knows he defended Flynn even while firing him and his stated reason at the time was that he lied to the VP. And.. he kept Flynn on for 2 weeks after he knew Flynn lied.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »
Wheres dos or poly :D

I just received a pm stating that my name was brought up in this thread so I will reply and will keep it as plain and succinct as possible.

The OP isn't even American.

Just like the busy body neighbor, I really could care less about his opinion.

For years I have contended that the foreigners text should be 25% font size in comparison to that of Americans.

When they post a thread it should immediately be buried on the third or fourth page behind the posters of greater importance.

And that's not a personal knock on teege, he seems like an okay guy I just feel there should be a pecking order when it comes to these sorts of things.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2017, 12:03:19 PM »
I just received a pm stating that my name was brought up in this thread so I will reply and will keep it as plain and succinct as possible.

The OP isn't even American.

Just like the busy body neighbor, I really could care less about his opinion.

For years I have contended that the foreigners text should be 25% font size in comparison to that of Americans.

When they post a thread it should immediately be buried on the third or fourth page behind the posters of greater importance.

And that's not a personal knock on teege, he seems like an okay guy I just feel there should be a pecking order when it comes to these sorts of things.

I'm not American but I have family members who are Americans, and so I have to look out for my family just like General Flynn does.